3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

General Scrotum

DYOM The Designers Lounge

guib
I don't know, just the whole collage and the fact that he is 19 years old, I mean, these days, I always see missions with the main guy being 18 and 19, never 30 or 40...

I never had a protagonist who is younger than 30. Even in my current mission pack, my protagonist is 33 biggrin.gif

Why does everybody needs to proove me wrong?

It is true people moslty makes missions with the main character being 18 or 19. THAT IS AN FACT, don't try disagreeing with me, only because you are trying to irritate me, GEEZ!

Jimmy_Leppard
I don't know, just the whole collage and the fact that he is 19 years old, I mean, these days, I always see missions with the main guy being 18 and 19, never 30 or 40...

I never had a protagonist who is younger than 30. Even in my current mission pack, my protagonist is 33 biggrin.gif

It is true people moslty makes missions with the main character being 18 or 19. THAT IS AN FACT, don't try disagreeing with me, only because you are trying to irritate me, GEEZ!

I'm not trying to irritate you at all, you said you always see missions with the main guy being 18 and 19. I think you haven't seen many mission packs these days then. But, yea. There are quite a few mission packs where the protagonist is 18 or 19, but that's mostly in gang mission packs.

Nitesh002

I'm not trying to irritate you at all, you said you always see missions with the main guy being 18 and 19. I think you haven't seen many mission packs these days then. But, yea. There are quite a few mission packs where the protagonist is 18 or 19, but that's mostly in gang mission packs.

Well, guib, what you say is a 'THAT IS AN FACT' is not true.

If you have played my mission pack 'Hitman' it also has the main protagonist who is much older. Even though I have not mentioned it anywhere, the storyline of the mission pack tells it all.

This also made me notice that I don't give much importance to ages of the character in my mission packs. Maybe that's something I must correct in my future mission packs.

...don't try disagreeing with me, only because you are trying to irritate me, GEEZ!

Thats the best way I have seen to reply when someone contradicts your view. sarcasm.gif

Kratos2000

Yup. aging in DYOM is a major problem, most of them designers deemed 20 to be old age.

I really dun get it.

Doublepulse

I dont really see a big point in age most of the time, but age helps set the story in some ways and decides the realism. I prefer not to list ages because I want the player to think about what age he thinks the character is. What I am saying is age makes a difference, but it is not something you should let control your story. Its mostly about how the player perceives the characters and story.

Jimmy_Leppard
I dont really see a big point in age most of the time, but age helps set the story in some ways and decides the realism. I prefer not to list ages because I want the player to think about what age he thinks the character is. What I am saying is age makes a difference, but it is not something you should let control your story. Its mostly about how the player perceives the characters and story.

This.

That's exactly why I don't list ages of my characters biggrin.gif

SatournFan

@Notna - I'd definitely play 3rd choice, or 1st. And I found your 4th idea similar to LVC, made already by DP.

Notna

Thanks for telling your opinion.

And yeah, it may sound like LVC. Just noticed that is maybe too much like LVC.

Mati

Complaining about younger protagonists? Seriously?

Well, after I finish my 3 gang war BUYSAG missions, I'll take a short break from BUYSAG to work on my next mission pack a bit.

Chimpso

Age is not an all-defining factor when it comes to missions. I've always made missions with "Older" protagonists (late twenties-early thirties) but that's because well, that's my style. The age doesn't matter, but it helps to understand the character more. It can also behave as a "guideline" as to how the character should act. Eg. an 18-19 year old gang member would be over-eager while an older cop might be more of a joker.

General Scrotum

guib: It is like the main character of the mission pack I finished a few days ago. His age is not mentionned, but we can guess he is in the 30's.

Jimmy_Leppard: Something I try to make too. tounge2.gif

Chimpso: I agree with you on that one.

guib

Hmmm, nobody agree's with me, how typical bored.gif .

I know it is not all-defining factor, I never NEVER said it was.

Disagree all you want, I know it is true... all newbie's make missions with 19 years old, but hey, whatever, don't stick up for me, I am always wrong, I suck, blablabla sarcasm.gif

Well excuse me, I am going to shoot myself with a bullet. suicidal.gif , not that anybody cares, you probably will respond with "that is not true" or "guib you are funny sarcasm.gif " or "guib, you are pathetic", or worse, you won't write it down, have no balls and only think it in your head....

Edited by guib

Notna

Oh come on. Please don't kill yourself! sad.gif

Not really. We didn't want to argue about this and you are angry to us because we told our opinions.

guib

and you are angry to us because we told our opinions.

Opinions? You just disagree about a fact, that isn't a opinion!

You can't have an opinion about a fact!! Well you can, but the fact that you all try too prove me wrong isn't opinion!

Notna

Prove you wrong? You serious?

Nobody is not trying to prove anyone wrong, that would be childish.

guib
Prove you wrong? You serious?

Nobody is not trying to prove anyone wrong, that would be childish.

No, I am absolutely not serious sarcasm.gif .

the fact that you all team up against me is also childish

General Scrotum

Mostly what we said are comparisons of age's from a main character of a type of mission mission pack comparated to the age of another one in a different type of mission pack.

Seriously, no need to rage because we disagree or agree with you. I smell guib's brother is near... tounge2.gif

Notna

Team up against you? And childish? And if you didn't know, I am a child. So maybe I can be childish.

So maybe we can stop this stupid thing if you don't have anything against it.

Mati

Nobody is teaming up against you, but if you come up with some bullsh*t, you can't expect people to kiss your ass.

guib

Secro: I changed my pass remember, so no, my brother isn't here.

Notna: Yes, I would like to stop this...

Mati: No, I didn't want to have people kiss my ass, and no it isn't bullsh*t, because it is just a fact.

Again you are teaming up against me, if only one of you reply on me, then wouldn't you teaming up, but hey, whatever, let's stop this, because I know I am right this time.

Edit: Notna: I did find the story not original because of Secronom President's storyline...

Edited by guib

Doublepulse

@Notna

LMAO I just looked at the options and looked how similar it was to LVC, damn that is similar biggrin.gif. Only difference I Can see here is, maybe your protagonist might want to get back into the gang.

I could say your's might be more gang oriented than mine. Who knows we will have to see what you choose, regardless good luck.

I like your 2nd and 3rd option though, those seem like very interesting stories.

Edited by Doublepulse

Notna

Thanks.

Yes, it is maybe too similar to LVC. Didn't thought it as too similar, but looks like it is. I am a big fan of LVC icon14.gif

And people, now I am thinking that after I finish TCC, I'll start the mission pack Dead Shadows, what's the 3rd option in the list.

IX-MJ-XI
A Vampire Story? Are you stalking me or something? That was EXACTLY what I was gonna do, I even got a damn story put away, damn. Anyways, good luck. I happen to be experience in the vampire lore ( World of Darkness books, games, etc. - don't judge me ) and will be more than happy to help you make up a vampire lore of your own. ( since you'll HAVE to walk in the light, yeah? )

LoL!?

Well, I was playing Castlevania then I think there's sort of Vampire story or DYOM, so I browse after hours of browsing I found none, so I was like "Imma make one!" xD.

Anyways, yeah, I will need a big help on it, since Count Dracula and Vladimir is the only name I know for a Vampire Boss.

General Scrotum

First: The Story of Samuel Garret (done).

Second: Chronicles of Secronom (done).

Third: The Riders and the Ridden (to complete).

Fourth: Cormoran (cancelled).

Fifth: Dead Frontier (to complete).

Sixth: The Story of Garry Ferrence (cancelled).

Seventh: Choose Your Destiny (special).

Eight: The Army (to complete).

Ninth: The Chronicles of Albert Wesker (done).

Tenth: The Chronicles of John Secronom (to complete).

Eleventh: Students of Greenglass College (cancelled).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twelfth: ? (special).

Edited by Secronom President

SatournFan

@Secronom President - I'd like to see Riders and Ridden next

@Everyone - I'm here to present Demo version of my new mission pack that I told about already.

The link's here: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=14882

It has Intro and first mission. Play it and say what I need to correct or maybe add.

Notna

It was really interesting, SF. Interesting story and nicely done gameplay. You used the storyline mode very well.

But guys, what you think? I am now working really hard on TCC, but already thinking about my next MPack. So, I have 2 options left, The Tales of Leo Chang and Dead Shadows. I am now a little bit on The Tales of Leo Chang, cause I have a good idea for it. If you don't remember what these options were, those can be found at the page 15 or 16.

SatournFan

As I already said, I'd like to play Dead Shadows, but if you have a good idea to realise about Tales of Leo Chang, then use it.

guib
As I already said, I'd like to play Dead Shadows, but if you have a good idea to realise about Tales of Leo Chang, then use it.

And I said already that Tales of Leo Chang sounds good, and you have ideas about it, so you should make that.

Notna

Yeah, I think I'll make it then. Thanks.

General Scrotum

Just a quick question: if you compare my military missions from LRYOF game hosted by hebekie and my zombie missions from my zeds mission packs, which would you put first? Military or Zombie.

P.S. This is my 2001st post! biggrin.gif