Should GTA get banned?

Killzone56k

TheLostBiker
GTA game series aren't for underage people so if some kiddies are playing this game and considering will be cool to obtain a weapon and shoot on other people in real life it's their problem and their brain failure... (mostly -12 kids from America dozingoff.gif )

Yeah I'm not 18 yet but I play this game to do this things only in game not in real life.

So for idea to get GTA banned = Biggest negative reply on this forum.

People like you need to f*ck off. You stereotypical assholes that say "Well it's in America." You need to f*cking rephrase before i report you for being a stereotypical d*ck. I'm from America, and I'm 16. I CAN Play GTA. I understand the difference. I played GTA 3 when i was around 12, and i turned out fine.

Jimmy_Leppard
GTA game series aren't for underage people so if some kiddies are playing this game and considering will be cool to obtain a weapon and shoot on other people in real life it's their problem and their brain failure... (mostly -12 kids from America dozingoff.gif )

Yeah I'm not 18 yet but I play this game to do this things only in game not in real life.

People like you need to f*ck off. You stereotypical assholes that say "Well it's in America." You need to f*cking rephrase before i report you for being a stereotypical d*ck. I'm from America, and I'm 16. I CAN Play GTA. I understand the difference. I played GTA 3 when i was around 12, and i turned out fine.

Hey, cool it. He didn't mean it like that. He meant that whoever starts to act in real life like he/she seen in a game is stupid.

Jack Thomson has a account on gtaforums? Anyways violence was here before video games that so called rapper was saying they stole his image for cj but he look's more like Cesar Vialpando than cj.

TheLostBiker

Hey, cool it. He didn't mean it like that. He meant that whoever starts to act in real life like he/she seen in a game is stupid.

I get it, but i'm done with these awful american stereotypes. We're not all bad. Calling Americans whiny 12 year olds is like calling all russians Nazis.

Anyway, I'll cool it. But face the mods if you want to go there again. That stuff is ignorant and i want no part in it.

I get it, but i'm done with these awful american stereotypes. We're not all bad. Calling Americans whiny 12 year olds is like calling all russians Nazis.

Anyway, I'll cool it. But face the mods if you want to go there again. That stuff is ignorant and i want no part in it.

I doubt the mods will care if you report someone saying "This guy is offering stereotypical views of America! OMFG Ban him". Some of the mods are American, and I can honestly say I doubt they'll care.

Edited by Chimpso

TheLostBiker

I doubt the mods will care if you report someone saying "This guy is offering stereotypical views of America! OMFG Ban him". Some of the mods are American, and I can honestly sat I doubt they'll care.

Nonetheless, I don't and won't tolerate stereotypical assholes.

Well sadly you're just gonna have to live with it. There will always be people who look to steryotypes in this world. Saying "f*ck you" to them usually only strengthens their belief in the stereotype.

TheLostBiker
Well sadly you're just gonna have to live with it. There will always be people who look to steryotypes in this world. Saying "f*ck you" to them usually only strengthens their belief in the stereotype.

Using f*ck you seems to be something I'm use to seeing in general chat. My mistake wink.gif

AlexGTAGamer

Do we have a priest here because I think that this guy is possessed by Jack Thompson or one of those other lowlifes who want to ban GTA. mad.gif

Mainland Marauder

user posted image

This is what I think of when I see a thread full of offtopic bickering at one another.

On topic. Get out if you can't handle it.

And no, GTA should not be banned.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I'll explain to you very carefully why it cannot be."

The_Mario_Man

Math time!

Since the first GTA game was released in 97', GTA games have sold over 120,000,000 copies worldwide. What that means is, you'd have to connect at least 1,200,000 crimes to Grand Theft Auto games to make up 1% of that.

So since there aren't hundreds of thousands of kids running around murdering each other after each new game is released, I would say that no, they don't cause people to be violent. If they do it definitely isn't as big a number as the news likes to make it out to be.

Do you think GTA should get banned? i mean, bullsh*t bullsh*t bullsh*t bullsh*t bullsh*t bullsh*t bullsh*t. think about it.

First of all, R* hasn't stolen anyone's image. This dude just thinks he's the founder of the gangsta image.

Secondly, GTA can't force yo to kill people. GTA can't force you to kill people any more than Barney can. The choice is up to the individual. You can say, "GTA made him kill", but you can also say "Law & Order made him kill", or "The Godfather made him kill". Hell, you never know. The media loves murder, death, and anything to do with the destruction of human beings. If you were influenced to kill, it could have came from damn near anywhere.

Age doesn't have a damn thing to do with anything either. If a 12 year old is crazy enough to do everything he sees in a video game, that child needs to be killed on the spot. If you want to blame videogames, you've got to blame TV and music too. Both can be held accountable for producing homicidal motives in the minds of children. At the same time, TV and music, as well as videogames, could put homicidal motives in the mind of a grown man too if he's deranged enough to listen to anything that pops up in his head.

@IvoryX, To be fair, what about that Russian kid who beat his dad to death with a sledgehammer for taking away his videogames?

This thread is f*cking retarded.

Finn 7 five 11

If anyone has in fact been influenced by GTA to go kill people, they must have already ahd some sort of mental illness, which cannot be determined after they die, or it is just a coincidence, it is not GTA's fault.

Is it a book writers fault if a nutcase acts out the murders in the book?

Is it a car racing games fault if someone speeds and kills someone?

The reason games get more controversy than a movie is because you control the character rolleyes.gif

It is so easy to place the blame.

Anybody who plays video games must realize Jack Thompson is a moron.

This thread by the way is stupid, so is the maker of this thread.

Edited by finn4life

Mainland Marauder

Pac-Man inspired me to pop pills to the point of addiction and to cannibalize anyone who tries to chase after me. Should be banned, stat.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I'll explain to you very carefully why it cannot be."

CryptReaperDorian

Do you know what I find funny? GTA gets more blame than any other game, but it's a sandbox game. Unlike linear games like COD, you don't even need to kill anybody (not that many people will play following the laws though). However, with Jack Thompson almost completely out of the picture, I've been finding that GTA has been getting less blame recently. Then again, controversy isn't completely bad. Controversy is possibly what made GTA so popular in the first place.

Do you know what I find funny? GTA gets more blame than any other game, but it's a sandbox game. Unlike linear games like COD, you don't even need to kill anybody (not that many people will play following the laws though). However, with Jack Thompson almost completely out of the picture, I've been finding that GTA has been getting less blame recently. Then again, controversy isn't completely bad. Controversy is possibly what made GTA so popular in the first place.

COD is based on past Wars. GTA is based on modern Citys. Where you kill inocents.

Yl8KS.jpg

Do you think GTA should get banned? i mean, look at the troubles it has caused; They stole some rappers image & they haven't gave him any credit for it, influenced some teens to kill random folks etc.. i myself thinks the world would be better without R*. think about it.

SHAME ON YOU

Do you think GTA should get banned? i mean, look at the troubles it has caused; They stole some rappers image & they haven't gave him any credit for it, influenced some teens to kill random folks etc.. i myself thinks the world would be better without R*. think about it.

SHAME ON YOU

Please contribute something more substantial then that in the future. Your statement added nothing to the topic regardless of how out there the topic starters idea is.

Mainland Marauder

I think this is a valid enough discussion centering more around the issue of censorship in general than any particular game franchise. But being on a GTA fan site, this is probably the wrong place for it. For that matter, this is about as unlikely a place as you can get of finding any counterpoint to the "OMG f*ck NO IT SHOUDNT BE BANT" chorus.

As such, I don't really see this going anywhere good.