Error appears when installing GTA IV!

Futuristyc

Error appears when installing GTA IV!

I try to install GTA IV on my pc, on the first DVD (DVD1) i have no errors when install it.

then it asked me to insert the DVD2 so i inserted it, after a few minutes the errors appeared.

Error:

user posted image

i don't know why this error appears, but i don't think my DVD Drive are damaged or the DVD disc.

i have 3 DVD and they're scratch a little.

or my pc specs not match the minimum requirements to install this game?

My pc specs:

user posted image

i know so many people out there have the same problem like mine.

i hope you can help me out with this problem...

Since it's showing data error, and you say the disks are scratched, I'd say that's probably the cause of your problem.

Also, even if you get it installed, it's not going to work on that PC. It's far too weak the run the game. You'll need to upgrade.

Since it's showing data error, and you say the disks are scratched, I'd say that's probably the cause of your problem.

Also, even if you get it installed, it's not going to work on that PC. It's far too weak the run the game. You'll need to upgrade.

3 months ago i bought this game and it not scratch, and that time i installed it but the error appeared.

i don't know why... because whole DVD are not scratch... sad.gif

GTA IV only comes on 2 DVDs. How did you get three? Is this a legit copy of the game that you've purchased?

Also, as Ryan has stated, even if you manage to install the game, your laptop is too weak and will not be able to handle the game. It will either not run at all or run with severe lag making it unplayable.

Also, It says you only have 1GB of Ram-that is too low, as IV needs at least 2.5GB as per the box for Vista and 7(I mentioned Vista and 7, since the screen shot looks like Vista Basic or Windows 7 Starter screen). Also, since you only have 256MB of vram, the game will more than likely not be playable-as from reading as much of this section as I have, IV apparently needs at least 512MB of Vram to be playable on the lowest settings. Those could also be why you are getting the errors when installing-your system does not meet the minimum. Even on XP it says you need at least 1.5GB RAM. Just a heads up.

Also, because of this quote, I am starting to doubt you have a legal copy, as the legal (retail) versions of IV are ONLY 2 DVD's-not 3.?

or my pc specs not match the minimum requirements to install this game?

Right there, you just answered your own question-lol tounge2.giflol.gif

But seriously, if you would have read the Pinned "Can I Run it..." topic, you could have figured out that you did not meet the minimum requirements for the game. Just a heads up. icon14.gif

Edited by radioman

GTA IV only comes on 2 DVDs. How did you get three? Is this a legit copy of the game that you've purchased?

the 3rd dvd contains "Install everything on this folder" ; a folder which i 'must' install it after finishing installed the game.

the 3rd dvd contains "Install everything on this folder" ; a folder which i 'must' install it after finishing installed the game.

Yeah, but the LEGAL versions only come with 2 discs.-How did you get 3? Where did you buy your copy from? I ask, cause everywhere I checked, EVERY version of IV has only 2 discs-even EFLC only has 2 discs-for both IV and EFLC, you get ONE install disc and one Play disc.... confused.gif

• 3 weeks later...
get_busy_livin

I am getting this same error and my copy is store bought,, I encountered this when trying to upgrade video drivers and patching the game, I did a complete uninstall and when I try to re install this is exactly what is happening to me,,, I played the game for a year on my system and i know it will play it,,,

Try copying both disk contents manually to a HDD folder and then install the game from there.