Separate Free Mode?

Akavari

I think having a separate free roam single player would be a welcome addition. A mode where there are no ties to the story of the game, it's just like a free play mode that would push the limits of gameplay. It'd be more like Multiplayer, where we can play with settings to affect police, traffic, etc. We could have a sort of "trainer" too, which would allow us to change our player model, spawn objects/cars/bodyguards, have an extensive list of cheats and generally play with the environment to our liking.

It's still a very rough idea, but I think it would suit the people who just want to play for fun and do ridiculous things as well as the people who want to play the story seriously without too much nonsense.

The_Mario_Man

I'm not sure what the point would be, since the story has little impact on what happens in free-roam, besides unlocking new parts of the city.

A cheat to change the character model in singleplayer would be fine. I rarely use codes for GTA IV, so I don't know if one currently exists.

The closest you can get to this is actually Multiplayer, or turning on Sleep Mode on the phone during the storyline.

xNewtype Acex

How about just expand the sleep mode function in the cell? Let me explain:

When you put on sleep mode, friends stop calling you, mission markers disappear, and cheats no longer affect your trophies/achievements, hell they could even make it so all the cheats are already available in a special sub-menu of the phone when you click on sleep mode.

That way people can turn it on when they want to go around doing crazy stuff with cheats without it affecting the story/achievements and when they want to go back to playing normally they can just turn it off and everything goes back to normal without having to quit and change game modes.

Finn 7 five 11

That would be great, but i think just not saving works well, me personally couldn't care less about achievements, but that is being a little selfish as some people do, if this were however to be implemented, there would be way more cheat si would hope, some cheats were loads of fun.

The_Mario_Man

I'd hope so. I missed San Andreas' super punch cheat. That plus Euphoria would generate endless hilarity.

Long Haired Freaky Guy

I just don't see the point in having a free-roam mode at all. A mean, they use the free-roam part to fill the gap in between missions and gives you a chance to get upto what you want before going onto the next mission.

allhailkingryan
Makes no sense playing by yourself if you can play online. And you could just have cheats imo

That is just ignorant. What if someone doesn't have Xbox LIVE?

Makes no sense playing by yourself if you can play online. And you could just have cheats imo

That is just ignorant. What if someone doesn't have Xbox LIVE?

Yeah I agree. It's really sh*t when they make something to the game online only.

When you put on sleep mode, friends stop calling you, mission markers disappear, and cheats no longer affect your trophies/achievements, hell they could even make it so all the cheats are already available in a special sub-menu of the phone when you click on sleep mode.

That way people can turn it on when they want to go around doing crazy stuff with cheats without it affecting the story/achievements and when they want to go back to playing normally they can just turn it off and everything goes back to normal without having to quit and change game modes.

When you turn off Sleep Mode though, it should reload the area though. Think about how that can be abused.

You turn on Sleep Mode, spawn a Tank or whatever, then turn Sleep Mode off and now you have a Tank with no consequences.

Finn 7 five 11

I think we should just stick to not saving then, but i never had to do that in IV since there were no fun cheats anyway, like super bunny hop, or super punch, or monster trucks.

xNewtype Acex

When you turn off Sleep Mode though, it should reload the area though. Think about how that can be abused.

You turn on Sleep Mode, spawn a Tank or whatever, then turn Sleep Mode off and now you have a Tank with no consequences.

I didn't think of that, so I can see what you're saying.

I guess the best option would be to have all the stuff created by cheats just disappear.

I see where OP is going with this, and to an extent I agree. Do I think Rockstar will implement it? No.