• Namco
    • Namco Bandai
    • Hasbro
    • Disney Interactive Studios
    • Blizzard Entertainment
    • Sierra
    • Polyphonny Digital
    • Others

Worst company in what? Development or publishing? Or both?

It was between Activision and Ubisoft for me.. and since Ubisoft isn't up there I chose the latter.

DU8afL0.jpg

Sunrise Driver

Why so much hate for Ubisoft? Because of some minor DRM? Well other companies also use it FYI. sarcasm.gif

Voted for Activision for known reasons but the list is unordered.

I didnt vote because EA and Activision are equally the worst... f*cking c*nts...

Kotick the head of Activision and Peter Moore the Head of EA Sports can die a long painful death and i'd be the first one in line to buy champagne and party supplies...

Apple.... If you've ever tried to program on/for one of their devices you'll understand.

I was tempted to go with Ubisoft or Activision (or maybe even R*), but I'm going for the one that I've got a valid reason to hate.

user posted image
user posted image
R.I.P. Chi Shingi Meiyo

21/09/2005 - 07/03/2007

Andolini Mafia Family

16/08/2008 - Current

Why so much hate for Ubisoft? Because of some minor DRM? Well other companies also use it FYI. sarcasm.gif

Not only that, but they don't exactly make the best PC ports. dozingoff.gif

Assassins Creed 2 a prime example of a good story game not only plagued by DRM, but it also has horrific multithread support and drawdistance inherited from consoles.

The people that hate EA games must only be familiar with their bad EA sports series, am I right? Apart from that, they make really good games.

Edited by OverTheBelow

DU8afL0.jpg

CharmingCharlie

Hm for me there are far too many companies to vote for tounge.gif I eventually decided it was a toss up between Rockstar or Microsoft. At the end of the day I decided to vote Microsoft, they have gone out of their way to damage the PC platform so in my books that makes them the worst video game and technology company.

Hm for me there are far too many companies to vote for  tounge.gif I eventually decided it was a toss up between Rockstar or Microsoft.  At the end of the day I decided to vote Microsoft, they have gone out of their way to damage the PC platform so in my books that makes them the worst video game and technology company.

We wouldn't be gaming in directx 11 without well-maintained direct3d and Windows. tounge.gif Unless you consider source and indie games on opengl "gaming".. 0_0

*sighs at Charlie never being happy with his platform* monocle.gif

I find it hard to believe that Square Enix and even Blizzard is on there but Ubisoft isn't. sarcasm.gif

Edited by OverTheBelow

DU8afL0.jpg

Activision most definitely. And Ubisoft because they're just retarded. Too bad Ubisoft isn't on the list.

Where's Rockstar? Just kiddin' for me it's 2K Czech for killing good name which Mafia 2 has in development stage....

this, or EA but I'd probably say EA

I hate Activision, but I hate Ubisoft more so I voted others. Damn guitarhero, guitar won't strum downwards any more panic.gifanuj_cop.gifpanic.gifdie.gif

CharmingCharlie

We wouldn't be gaming in directx 11 without well-maintained direct3d and Windows. tounge.gif Unless you consider source and indie games on opengl "gaming".. 0_0

*sighs at Charlie never being happy with his platform*  monocle.gif

Oops my bad I didn't realise we were now gaming in Dx11 .............. oh wait no we aren't we are still gaming on Dx9 a 10 year old API. There were PC games before DirectX and I am quite sure if Microsoft had never bothered with DirectX we would still have PC games.

Meanwhile Microsoft has gone out of it's way to hold games off the PC platform, evening admitting it openly that the only way to give their console a leg up is to ensure the PC can't compete with it. They released a vastly inferior gaming service for the PC and then left it to rot but at the same time used their muscle to get developers to make their games GFWL only and get them to ignore the vastly superior steam platform. Hell you even have MS stooges bad mouthing PC gaming saying crap like "no one plays fps games anymore on the PC".

Seriously OverTheBelow you can't really believe that Microsoft has been good for PC gaming surely ? Then that is before you ignore all the other sh*t MS has pulled on the console platform such as charging for online gaming, sh*tty hardware design, extortionate pricing of components and an extremely closed minded approach to games design. So sure whilst I voted for MS because of what they have done on the PC, they have actually like douche bags on the console platform as well.

Sunrise Driver

Assassins Creed 2 a prime example of a good story game not only plagued by DRM, but it also has horrific multithread support and drawdistance inherited from consoles.

Who's making the best PC ports then? BioWare?

And draw distance in AC2 is OK.

Stop being a smartass, it was a figure of speech. tounge2.gif

But seriously, draw distance in AC2 is not OK. It is pretty much comparable to '7' view distance in GTA 4. Basically, stuff pops in directly infront of you and if not, it's some horrific low-quality box with a low-res texture imitating a building. It's such a shame because the stuff is so beautiful close up. However, obviously these cutbacks had to be made to allow 2x MSAA on the consoles. All hail consoles.

DU8afL0.jpg

i voted ea because theyve gone very greedy alot of the newest need for speeds are very rushed feeling with lots of glitches also their customer support is the worst a perfect exsample is need for speed world it was a free online game and at first it was running good but then with every fix it broke 2 more things and soon there was alot of pay2win content added and soon the ballance of free players versus paying players was thrown off alot and after a while they totaly broke the game with tons of lag and hacks getting into the game it seems like eas main priority is getting everyones money with rushed out products also ive heard bad things about activision and how someone in the company is getting greedy i sure hope both of those companys go bankrupt

I don't get the hate for EA, they've improved A LOT over the past 4 years, Activision on the other hand, only thing they have improved is their bank balance.

I had to go with Sierra. They were once good, then got too big for their britches I think. By the end they were just releasing unpatchable, bug ridden products.

I hate them most for what they did to Front Page Sports Football. The last version was so unplayable and unpatchable that they actually did a recall. The only problem is they were not customer friendly with the recall. It was impossible for me to get a refund because I didn't have the original store receipt. There was so much time lapse between the release and the recall - almost no one had their original store receipt. I sent them a letter explaining how I have been buying and loving Sierra products since my days on the Apple ][+, and how I will never buy another Sierra product. I held to my boycott, and I guess others did too tounge.gif .

Anyone remember Gravis, the game controller company? They knew how to run a customer friendly shop. I had a controller break, and I sent them a letter letting them know and also letting them know how much I have supported them over the years. They overnighted me a fresh controller and I didn't even have to send back the broken one, or even prove to them that I had a broken one.

i voted ea because theyve gone very greedy alot of the newest need for speeds are very rushed feeling with lots of glitches also their customer support is the worst a perfect exsample is need for speed world it was a free online game and at first it was running good but then with every fix it broke 2 more things and soon there was alot of pay2win content added and soon the ballance of free players versus paying players was thrown off alot and after a while they totaly broke the game with tons of lag and hacks getting into the game it seems like eas main priority is getting everyones money with rushed out products also ive heard bad things about activision and how someone in the company is getting greedy i sure hope both of those companys go bankrupt

After spending a few minutes deciphering this reply, I think he is saying that EA releasing a free NFS game makes them very greedy. He also wants them to go bankrupt because of it.

sarcasm.gif

DU8afL0.jpg

Sunrise Driver

Well Nintendo aren't so pure. That's for sure. They just going their own way and not intersecting with PC/PS3/X360 gaming.

Edited by Street Mix

Who's making the best PC ports then? BioWare?

And draw distance in AC2 is OK.

The thing is that games shouldn't be ported to the PC in the first place. Games being developed for the PC and then being ported to consoles will make the games work great for all the platforms, so that is the way to go.

FIOszpJ.gif