IllnessGTA

What choice would you want?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What choice would you want?

• Zombie DLC
    • Superhero DLC
    • None of them
    • Include both

RDR had a zombie DLC so why shouldn't GTA V have a zombie DLC? It would be pretty cool! But, do you guys want a zombie DLC for GTA V? Vote and discuss.

But also, should there be a DLC where you could be a superhero and fight off villains and have pretty cool powers? I think it would be cool. Vote and discuss.

xNewtype Acex

I agree on zombie not on superheroes.

Anyways, you could have simply searched for one of the hundreds of threads about this.

Finn 7 five 11

I don't see this bringing anything to GTA, they should work on something better.

If San Andreas was a next-gen game, there probably would have been a Zombie DLC due to that zombie facility in San Feirro.

Official General

RDR had a zombie DLC so why shouldn't GTA V have a zombie DLC? It would be pretty cool! But, do you guys want a zombie DLC for GTA V? Vote and discuss.

But also, should there be a DLC where you could be a superhero and fight off villains and have pretty cool powers? I think it would be cool. Vote and discuss.

@ IllnessGTA

For real, are you actually serious ? Superheroes ? Ha ha! You can't mean that. And please no, not this zombie rubbish again, damn I and many others on here have just about had enough of this played-out zombie bullsh*t in gaming recently.

Look my friend, this IS GTA, not Resident Evil or Marvel Superheroes. Why not try to come up with ideas that are more releveant to the typical themes of what a GTA game should be about ?

I think you really do have an illness, and its having a brain that does not work properly when coming up with ideas lol.

Edited by Official General

UserCommenter

Are you being serious? bored.gif

What is wrong with my thread?

Theres nothing wrong with your thread. You came up with another idea about having a superhero DLC that no one has before. People on the internet like to be brainless insulting pieces of sh*t about everything they see. They can burn in hell along side Bush and Chaney the dumb fa**ots.

Edited by UserCommenter

xgtamontariox

I think R* needs to be more original than that, so many other games already have a mode for zombies. If that keeps up, zombies will become an essential element for a videogame while it's not. Super heros I wouldn't want personally, it just wouldn't work.

Not everything needs zombies for f*cks sake...and superhero dlc ?? what the f*ck is that ? bored.gif

So i voted none of them

A superhero DLC is when you are a superhero lol

Meh. Maybe aliens or vampires could work? Or a mythical DLC where the city is full of myths?

The_Mario_Man

I don't think any of them would work. Not in the setting the GTA games provide. The reason Undead Nightmare did well was because they presented it in a way that was different from the majority of other zombie games. They put it in a old-west setting. Plus it was in a series that not everybody was very familiar with, so they could afford to make such a change (they didn't expect the game to be as successful as it was, so I guess they just thought "why not?")

None of these themes would be very original given GTA's setting. Apart from maybe vampires. But I'm pretty sure Twilight killed everybody's interest in them anyway. That said, if they DID put any of this stuff into GTA, I'm sure they'd find a way to make it enjoyable, but I would much prefer that they put their resources into making the improvements that everybody has been suggesting to the core game, instead of worrying about silly side-stories.

Besides, if you really want them, this is what mods are created for.

Edited by The_Mario_Man

xNewtype Acex
I don't think any of them would work. Not in the setting the GTA games provide. The reason Undead Nightmare did well was because they presented it in a way that was different from the majority of other zombie games. They put it in a old-west setting. Plus it was in a series that not everybody was very familiar with, so they could afford to make such a change (they didn't expect the game to be as successful as it was, so I guess they just thought "why not?")

None of these themes would be very original given GTA's setting. Apart from maybe vampires. But I'm pretty sure Twilight killed everybody's interest in them anyway. That said, if they DID put any of this stuff into GTA, I'm sure they'd find a way to make it enjoyable, but I would much prefer that they put their resources into making the improvements that everybody has been suggesting to the core game, instead of worrying about silly side-stories.

While I agree with everything else you said, RDR was not a surprise hit, R* created a massive marketing campaign for the game, it was expected to sell very well.

Remember the R* logo by itself is enough to sell a game and when they spent the amount of money they did, well it's not a surprise the game exceeded it's already high expectations.

General Goose

Yes, zombies are overrused in video games, but I enjoyed Undead Nightmare, and would appreciate a similar zombie-themed DLC for GTA V.

Superhero DLC is just silly though. Maybe a minigame or TV series incorporating one of the in-universe superheroes, but no more than that.

Superhero DLC is just silly though. Maybe a minigame or TV series incorporating one of the in-universe superheroes, but no more than that.

Even something as simple as a cheat would do, in my opinion. A superhero cheat could enable the character to fly - even at high speeds - and lift heavy objects and such. And assuming there's a cape in your wardrobe, voila! well...i guess you'd be more of a villian than a superhero cause there wouldn't be much to save, only destroy. oh well, nevermind.

Even something as simple as a cheat would do, in my opinion. A superhero cheat could enable the character to fly - even at high speeds - and lift heavy objects and such. And assuming there's a cape in your wardrobe, voila! well...i guess you'd be more of a villian than a superhero cause there wouldn't be much to save, only destroy. oh well, nevermind.

Not necessarily, you could be doing vigilante or police most wanted missions.

But still, it's unnecessary and unrealistic.

While I agree with everything else you said, RDR was not a surprise hit, R* created a massive marketing campaign for the game, it was expected to sell very well.

Remember the R* logo by itself is enough to sell a game and when they spent the amount of money they did, well it's not a surprise the game exceeded it's already high expectations.

Not true at all. They were expecting it to not sell well enough for them to break even on it. See here for before release source: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/12/sources-...ent-in-trouble/

We were contacted regarding this story by one Rockstar source, who told us: "It will take 4 million sales at full price to recoup the development costs of Red Dead. The good news is they [Rockstar] are not expecting to make money with Red Dead Redemption. At this point, that project is just supposed to prove that the San Diego studio can make a great quality AAA title."

Not true at all. They were expecting it to not sell well enough for them to break even on it. See here for before release source: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/12/sources-...ent-in-trouble/

We were contacted regarding this story by one Rockstar source, who told us: "It will take 4 million sales at full price to recoup the development costs of Red Dead. The good news is they [Rockstar] are not expecting to make money with Red Dead Redemption. At this point, that project is just supposed to prove that the San Diego studio can make a great quality AAA title."

A bit like the Bugatti Veyron then hey, VW just wanted to prove to people that it was possible and they could do it, they sell the cars at a loss.

xNewtype Acex

!!!!

Honestly, I had never even seen that article before, I didn't even know RDR had been so long on development!

Alright sir, I take back what I said and I stand corrected.

Not everything needs zombies for f*cks sake...and superhero dlc ?? what the f*ck is that ?

This man said exactly what I was going to say. icon14.gif

Zombie DLC? You have to be kidding me. One game includes a Zombie mode, now all of a sudden every game needs Zombies? It's ridiculous. This is Grand Theft Auto. If you want Zombies, go play Left 4 Dead or something. And a Superhero DLC? What the f*ck is that supposed to be? I'm not even going to elaborate on that idea because it's just all around ludicrous.

!!!!

Honestly, I had never even seen that article before, I didn't even know RDR had been so long on development!

Alright sir, I take back what I said and I stand corrected.

Heh, no biggy. I've been a Red Dead fan since the original game, so I followed Redemption quite closely.

Not everything needs zombies for f*cks sake...and superhero dlc ?? what the f*ck is that ?

This man said exactly what I was going to say. icon14.gif

Zombie DLC? You have to be kidding me. One game includes a Zombie mode, now all of a sudden every game needs Zombies? It's ridiculous. This is Grand Theft Auto. If you want Zombies, go play Left 4 Dead or something. And a Superhero DLC? What the f*ck is that supposed to be? I'm not even going to elaborate on that idea because it's just all around ludicrous.

Oh right, man, calm down. I was just writing it down as an idea which could be cool.

Maybe R* should just take these ideas and make them into their own games. i dont think it would work to well if they tried to tie it in with gta. why would a superhero or villain need to steal a car anyways? confused.gif

Maybe R* should just take these ideas and make them into their own games. i dont think it would work to well if they tried to tie it in with gta. why would a superhero or villain need to steal a car anyways? confused.gif

Depends on the power maybe?

Maybe R* should just take these ideas and make them into their own games. i dont think it would work to well if they tried to tie it in with gta. why would a superhero or villain need to steal a car anyways?  confused.gif

true i didn't think about that, but R* should still just make it its own game. just sayin'

Maybe R* should just take these ideas and make them into their own games. i dont think it would work to well if they tried to tie it in with gta. why would a superhero or villain need to steal a car anyways?  confused.gif

true i didn't think about that, but R* should still just make it its own game. just sayin'

That is true. R* could make a superhero free roam game. It would be pretty cool if they do it right.

That is true. R* could make a superhero free roam game. It would be pretty cool if they do it right.

who knows? in my opinion they do make the best free roaming games. they should go for it biggrin.gif

General Goose

It would definitely be interesting to see. I'm sure it would be a wonderful piss-take of the superhero genre, with some great opportunities for cruelty. devil.gif