GTA Network - Newbie Guide

Miro

I bet you could but some info on the Precinct now?

See me after class.

Put* some info on the Precint now?. My bad Voodoo.

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

See me after class.

The problem isn't your spelling mistake.

Ld8Bhg8.gif

See me after class.

The problem isn't your spelling mistake.

I was hoping it wouldn't come to this...

I am sincerely sorry Voodoo, all I can do is hope the Precinct can forgive my error.

SunshineBoy

Hey miro, I just wanted to know about the Bronze Medal, you said one gets it after 4 commendations, so I wanted to know, your profile has 2 commendations so how you have a medal? Do not mind pal.

user posted image

No.

The ones that have 1, 2 or 3 commendations get a bronze medal. I have 2 and that's why I've got a bronze medal. You see?

The ones that have 4 or 5 commendations get a silver medal. This medal is also colored with blue.

And the ones with 6 or 6+ commendation go with gold medal. Also, this medal is colored as well with red.

Got it? Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Dead (Retired)

SunshineBoy
No.

The ones that have 1, 2 or 3 commendations get a bronze medal. I have 2 and that's why I've got a bronze medal. You see?

The ones that have 4 or 5 commendations get a silver medal. This medal is also colored with blue.

And the ones with 6 or 6+ commendation go with gold medal. Also, this medal is colored as well with red.

Thanks miro. You deserve a lot of respect in here. Thanks for making such a wonderful guide.

user posted image

sivispacem
No.

Are you sure it's 1, 2 and 3, not just 2 and 3? I've had one and I don't have a medal of any kind.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

mercie_blink.gif

Getting a commendation automatically means a medal. Or a Karma star if we talk about the times before October 2007.

I think you're confusing a Verbal Commendation with a Commendation. wink.gif

Dead (Retired)

fireguy109

What about cidamelo though? She has 7 awards but her medal is still bronze. Is it because they all came from the same year awards ceremony?

By the way, I noticed you mentioned gamesguru's newsletter in "the list". I have that issue if you want it. Click here.

Edited by fireguy109

pkmTc.gif

What about cidamelo though? She has 7 awards but her medal is still bronze. Is it because they all came from the same year awards ceremony?

All the awards she won were added to her member log as a single commendation entry. If all awards were added as individual commendation entries, she'd have a gold medal.

fireguy109

All the awards she won were added to her member log as a single commendation entry. If all awards were added as individual commendation entries, she'd have a gold medal.

Oh, that explains it. Thanks Ryan. smile.gif

pkmTc.gif

Do mods and admins take Verbal Warnings into consideration when thinking about giving a Verbal Commendation?

Do mods and admins take Verbal Warnings into consideration when thinking about giving a Verbal Commendation?

I think a verbal commendation is for a specific post whereas a commendation is for an overall act. I would say they would consider all of your logs, but maybe more so if considering a commendation.

Yes and no. It varies by moderator, but generally I'd say if you have a few warnings for things here and there and do something useful, you're probably likely to get a verbal commendation for it. If you've got numerous warnings and are a constant pain in the ass for staff, it will probably be a while before you can expect to get a verbal commendation.

Yes and no. It varies by moderator, but generally I'd say if you have a few warnings for things here and there and do something useful, you're probably likely to get a verbal commendation for it. If you've got numerous warnings and are a constant pain in the ass for staff, it will probably be a while before you can expect to get a verbal commendation.

Alright, now to see which category I fall into, and think of something very useful to do.

By the way, very nice work around the forums Ryan, don't let that V section get you down. wink.gif

Edited by Sam998

BondTrader

I think a verbal commendation is for a specific post whereas a commendation is for an overall act. I would say they would consider all of your logs, but maybe more so if considering a commendation.

I actually believe it's the opposite. I think moderators give out Verbal Commendations for such things as reporting topics and helping them keep the forum clean, while Commendations are awarded for certain posts.

GodfatherX

So are medals awarded for commendation posts? I have seen warlord. awarded with a commendation but why hasn't sivispacem not got one. I would try my best to get a medal too. Another question. Does reporting directly directly done to a mod through PM or you just report the post and if it gets to a certain staff a lot of times he commemnds you?

user posted image

BondTrader

Reporting multiple posts gets you a commendation or Verbal commendation. And they have to be "useful" reports. I reported dozens of "useful" reports and never gotten a verbal commendation. I really don't expect to get one or report posts just to get them.

Also, report the post, many mods have dozens of PMs to go through and don't have the time to see your PM, reporting the post makes it easier. Whenever you see an ignorant post that breaks the rules, the correct thing to do is not reply to it, just report it. Makes it easier for mods.

Also, medals are awarded for people with multiple commendations, not "Verbal" commendations, so it's very difficult to get medals from reporting posts, maybe make a topic that mods really like and you can get a commendation for a nice contribution to the forum. Hope this helped! icon14.gif

Let me put simply this for everyone based on my past experience as a member and present experience as staff. . Don't go around the forums expecting to get commendations for things you do. There are no set guidelines that if a topic is helpful you'll receive a commendation for it, or if you report X amount of topics you'll get a commendation for it. It's all moderator discretion. If they're feeling generous that day, you might get some green, you might not.

Verbal commendations for commendations can be given out for the same things. Generally verbal commendations are given out first, and then eventually the user will be awarded with a commendation for their continued efforts.

Edited by Ryan

BondTrader

^This is what I meant to say, but looks like Ryan stated everything you need to know about commendations. Also, don't report as many posts as you can just to get a medal. You can waste the mods time by doing this, so make sure all the posts you report are worth the moderator's precious time.

GodfatherX
Reporting multiple posts gets you a commendation or Verbal commendation. And they have to be "useful" reports. I reported dozens of "useful" reports and never gotten a verbal commendation. I really don't expect to get one or report posts just to get them.

Also, report the post, many mods have dozens of PMs to go through and don't have the time to see your PM, reporting the post makes it easier. Whenever you see an ignorant post that breaks the rules, the correct thing to do is not reply to it, just report it. Makes it easier for mods.

Also, medals are awarded for people with multiple commendations, not "Verbal" commendations, so it's very difficult to get medals from reporting posts, maybe make a topic that mods really like and you can get a commendation for a nice contribution to the forum. Hope this helped! icon14.gif

Thanks man. This really helps.

user posted image

Narcis_speed6
Add Panzand -ska for Provocative Discussion Award, Put 4 heroes for the gold medal. smile.gif

Hmm... maybe I should delete the Provocative Discussion Award heroes, since the award becomes more and more seen.

Ska & W - J - F have also got one, so I'll remove that. Thanks anyway for the Gold medals reminder. wink.gif

Dead (Retired)

AndyGanteks

Put 4 heroes for the gold medal.  smile.gif [/color]

Who is ''4 heroes'' and why does he have a gold medal?

Also, forward links for 2.1 through 2.5 don't work. icon14.gif

Edited by AndyGanteks

Narcis_speed6

This is what I actually meant.

CCPD - Gold Medal! One of the three heros on the forum who has the gold medal. He has given a big goal back in 2008 when he won 4 awards! Very talented guy at graphics, and nice person. Great!

Ryan - The fourth one, and I've got to say that youngest, who has got a gold medal on this forum.

Kweckzilber

Colored strikethrough Edited by line:

[color=red][s][color=white] [table][/s][/color][/table][/color]

Example. Note that you can replace 'white' with anything you want. Replace 'red' with desired color.

I don't think I should be put in the thanks section for just this. smile.gif

Edited by Kweckzilber

Peter Brezovan

After a lot of browsing I got the names of all gold medalists here.

Suction Testicle Man

Dutchy3010

Ryan

CCPD

Ottae

There are 5 guys.

I found a few guys with silver medals too.

Girish

PatrickW

Waddy

anuj

EDIT-Forgot OnePiece.

I will look for some special collections and put it here if you so like.

Edited by Peter Brezovan

• 3 weeks later...

AUGUST 2011 - UPDATE #7!

So then, let's get back to our business. Seemed like last time were so less updates because I wasn't online. Or maybe nothing just happened in June 2011. Anyway, thanks to the staff who has fixed that stupid jumpto tag glitch, now it's much more easier to edit the guide. Again, this month I'll be away, although for a week only, not big trouble, but I'll generally try to keep an eye on everything that will happen this month. Anyway, enough talk, let's get back to updating! tounge.gif

So then, here's the August 2011 update list:

• Added the LCS Forum Index, Gaming Chat Index, Gaming Reviews Index & III Coding Index at Main Topics. (12.2)
  • Added the new way to custom the Edit By line, thanks to Kweckzilber. (7.2)
  • Added Kweckzilber to the "Thanks" list. (13.1)
  • Added the Server Problems, Server Status & Whitelist Access at the Minecraft Server section of main topics. (12.2)
  • Added Raindancer to the Retired Staff - Moderators list and delete him from the actual Moderators. (9.3)
  • Changed Girish's name at Special Awards from "girishb" to "Girish". (2.5)
  • Changed the star symbols (question marks lately) to keyboard stars ***. (7.1 & 7.2)
  • Deleted BlueSpot, papanesta, Miamivicecity & Struff Bunstridge from the Special Collection section. (2.5)
  • Deleted the -1 post glitch of mike39, the -8,388,468 post glitch of Morph and the jumpto tags glitch. (6.2)
  • Edited the description of the Provocative Discussion Award. (2.1)
  • Edited the description of the Group change glitch. (6.2)
  • Edited the description of the Jumpto tags at Advanced Posting Tags. (7.2)
  • Edited the first post with 6,000,000 posts instead of 5,500,000 and 390,000 members instead of 350,000. (1.0)
  • Fixed the position of the Major Contribution Award picture and its description. (2.1)
  • Fixed the jumpto tags that weren't working at the Multi-Player section. (3.0, 3.1 & 3.2)
  • Linked this update to the Guide updates list. (13.2)
  • Updated the picture which shows the medal location on Impact's profile, since it has expired. (2.1)
  • Updated the Base Gallery list of Avatars with the new options (GTA CW, TBoGT & TLaD). (4.5)
  • Updated the GTA:LCS Chain Story topic with the new link. (12.1)
  • Updated the Funny Games list with the new round of San Andreas & Vice City Chain Games. (12.1)
So yeah, that would be everything. I'm still saying it, if any official group wants to share any information about it, they're free to do it anytime. A reminder though, if you send me today, Monday August 1st, 2011 the information, I'll add it today, if you send me in any other day between August 2nd, 2011 & September 1st, 2011 it'll appear in the September 2011 update. That being said, let's get on quoting! biggrin.gif

Or just leave miamivicecity as an example.

I just deleted all of the ones who have Provocative Discussion Award, mainly because the ones getting that award are more and more + that they're also given as joke. So I just deleted them. tounge.gif

]Also, forward links for 2.1 through 2.5 don't work. icon14.gif

Are you sure? I tested all possible jumpto tags that I made, and everything seems to work perfectly. Hmm... is there a way to explain a little better, I just can't get it. suicidal.gif

After a lot of browsing I got the names of all gold medalists here.

Suction Testicle Man

Dutchy3010

Ryan

CCPD

Ottae

There are 5 guys.

I found a few guys with silver medals too.

Girish

PatrickW

Waddy

anuj

EDIT-Forgot OnePiece.

I will look for some special collections and put it here if you so like.

No sh*t. lol.gif

First, I don't post guys who have silver medals, I post the ones who have anything interesting about it. Who've got most awards, or simply their log looks special. Second, anuj has only 3 awards. Only because he's got a blue medal doesn't mean that he's also got 4 awards, since staff can fool the system easier. Take a look at one of Rockstar Toronto's posts and look at his medal. He's got a silver-blue medal, but he's got no awards in it, which makes it invalid. Same goes for Suction Testicle Man. What the hell I'm doing here? You're banned!

Thanks! This helped me a lot!

Glad it help you mate. wink.gif

I still find it interesting how people bump this topic with a day or two before it was automatically going to be bumped by me and my guide updates. Now this is hilarious! ph34r.gif

Edited by miromiro

Dead (Retired)

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.