Never though..

ArtG818

My computer would get 60 fps max settings..

Statistics

Average FPS: 60.02

Duration: 37.55 sec

CPU Usage: 34%

System memory usage: 46%

Video memory usage: 98%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1440 x 900 (60 Hz)

Texture Quality: High

Shadow Quality: Very High

Reflection Resolution: Very High

Water Quality: Very High

Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x16

Night Shadows: Off

View Distance: 100

Detail Distance: 100

Hardware

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Video Driver version: 8.17.10.1059

Audio Adapter: Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device)

Intel® Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz

File ID: Benchmark.cli

This is really interesting.

Iv never heard of someone getting 60fps at max settings before,even on good hardware.What fps do you get with night shadows on?

What patch are you using?

It's just benchmark, it has barely anything to do with the real game. Don't expect 60fps in the game, more like 30-40fps.

74cXSsx.png

Yep. 5700 series does not have anywhere near enough VRAM to process those settings (shadows very high, sliders 100) at even 30fps!

So this 'result' is bullsh*t, probably edited while posting.

DU8afL0.jpg

The benchmark is broken.Don't use it.

Play the game and see what frame rates you'll get with those settings.

Even my 580 gets 15-40fps outside on max settings(cpu is bottlenecking the card because it runs on stock)

Why is Texture quality set to high rather than very high?

Where is vehicle density?

Why is Night shadow disabled?

This is not max setting and nothing but a stupid topic to show off your new specs which I find

a bit boring as Intel Sandy Bridge is right around the corner.

Why is Texture quality set to high rather than very high?

...because there is no Very High setting for textures, or my copy of GTA4 lacks that feature somehow.

Edited by yojo2

74cXSsx.png

You guys asked for it.. im going to make a video of it showing you the gameplay on max settings. and show you that i DO not get less than 30 fps on max settings

You guys asked for it.. im going to make a video of it showing you the gameplay on max settings. and show you that i DO not get less than 30 fps on max settings

But not 60.02fps like your benchmark tells us.

DU8afL0.jpg

Just as a warning before you all get juiced up, I have seen a video (as far as I'm concerned a legit one) the guy made with his camera while fraps measured FPS - he was doing above 60FPS on a (IIRC) 8800 on med-high settings, couldn't believe it, but his game ran great.

I remember seeing 60fps on GTX 280/285 cards back when the game first launched.

They were gameplay screenshots taken via FRAPS.

Most computers can get 50FPS+ maxed.

You'll probably want to reconsider this statement.

$100 CPU

$130 GPU

50FPS maxed at 1280x1024.

$100 CPU

$130 GPU

50FPS maxed at 1280x1024.

That's all nice and dandy, but people with better hardware have struggled to get the game running at a decent fps. What mkey82 is trying to say is that you cannot guarantee what fps you'll get with what kind of hardware. Such has been the dilemma amongst PC gamers when it comes to GTA IV.

What I'm trying to say is that he's full of sh*t.

a. "most computers" these days are multimedia machines. When taking in account the inherent (usually) longevity of hardware, there are many older machines that do their tasks well (internet, multimedia, work) while being inadequate for gaming purposes. Hence, most PC's today can NOT max out GTAIV at 50 FPS.

b. implying that GTAIV can be maxed out on 1280x1024 is as sad as it is ridiculous, that resolution is archaic by today's standards. Anything below 1680x1050 is sub par.

Not to mention that benchmark very often shows higher framerate that it is in real game. For exaple on my rig (X3440 + GTX470) I get slightly above 50fps in benchmark (1680x1050 maxed out), while in game FPS stays around 30fps.

74cXSsx.png

I usually had about 38FPS average in game, with around 45FPS in the benchmark. If anything, it's consistent as it gives you usually a too high value.

VercettiCrimeFamily

a. "most computers" these days are multimedia machines. When taking in account the inherent (usually) longevity of hardware, there are many older machines that do their tasks well (internet, multimedia, work) while being inadequate for gaming purposes. Hence, most PC's today can NOT max out GTAIV at 50 FPS.

b. implying that GTAIV can be maxed out on 1280x1024 is as sad as it is ridiculous, that resolution is archaic by today's standards. Anything below 1680x1050 is sub par.

''What I'm trying to say is that he's full of sh*t.'' haha classic

Night shadows are equivalent to the old shadow system, but only when the sun is down ingame. In other words, the engine doesn't use the new shadows at night, so they renamed the old ones for night.

STFU FOO ILE f*ck YOU UP !

OverTheBelow

Night shadows are equivalent to the old shadow system, but only when the sun is down ingame. In other words, the engine doesn't use the new shadows at night, so they renamed the old ones for night.

The game does use shadows at night, to an extent.

Night shadows give objects dynamic shadows when casted by lights at night. They are extremely CPU intensive, but you get to see your headlights casting shadows from objects on the ground for example.

Edited by OverTheBelow

DU8afL0.jpg

Who the f*ck are you?

Anyway, the shadows are quirky to say the least. Like the shadow density setting, on my machine it made absolutely no difference whether I set it to max or zero, it always rendered the same amount of shadows, I would only lose about 10-15 FPS Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

The game [i[]does[/i] use shadows at night, to an extent.

Night shadows give objects dynamic shadows when casted by lights at night. They are extremely CPU intensive, but you get to see your headlights casting shadows from objects on the ground for example.

Didn't say it doesn't use shadows at night. I said it doesn't use the new shadow system at night. When the sun goes down in game, the old shadow system takes over for those dynamic headlight and streetlight shadows.

Who the f*ck are you?

Anyway, the shadows are quirky to say the least. Like the shadow density setting, on my machine it made absolutely no difference whether I set it to max or zero, it always rendered the same amount of shadows, I would only lose about 10-15 FPS Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

IAm ur fukin dad and ur my bitch!

stevetrackboyz

Yes I do agree with yall, I believe ArtG818 but not the part that he's playing at 60 fps. I agree that his rig dont get lower than 30 fps, mine doesn't either. The only way to get it to stay at 60fps for me is to play without no mods (boring). My rig stay between 30 to 59. His i7 could keep him up there also but not stable, it took me my gtx 570 sli to my 460 to max some setting but not even all the way. I also had to build my PC from scratch.

Here's some of my shot...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image