GTA 4 Fatal Error always on the same spot

Waffle-Speed

Got this game, installed, had problems with the game loading the world (freezing always when moving to a new place, so it freezed every 2 seconds of movement for 5 seconds), patched, problem solved, now on the mission Threes a Crowd, on the part that I'm supposed to pick up the girl and her friend in the subway station just when I enter the small arrow to continue the mission it crashes saying GTA 4 FATAL ERROR: Out of memory. Please reboot your system.

Its ALWAYS on the same spot, its not the map, since I can walk there normally but only when I'm going to enter the arrow with the roman's car. I already tried to lower the graphs to the minimum (had to use -norestrictions, stupid bugs -.-), used a bunch of -memrestrict's, even the lowest possible to no use, already reinstalled the game twice and now I don't know what else to do.

My PC: Windows 7 Ultimate

Geforce 9600gtx

AMD Athlon X2 245

2gb of Ram

My game plays at 30-25 fps because of my processor can't hold that much, I will upgrade it soon, but is the problem my ram or my processor and can I continue the history mode without having to wait and upgrade one of both?

I searched a lot on the internet and haven't found someone with the same error on the same spot as me (why search on this forum is disabled?)

Have you tried walking into the marker instead of driving into it with Roman's car?

Also, since you're not that far into the game, try starting a new game, save it on a different slot and see if the mission works then.

Have you tried walking into the marker instead of driving into it with Roman's car?

Also, since you're not that far into the game, try starting a new game, save it on a different slot and see if the mission works then.

I did walked to the spot and nothing happened, creating a new game changed nothing too, still crashing on the same spot...

Delete all files from the Settings folder located at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

Use only the -memrestrict command as suggested in the pinned topic and try the mission again.

THANK GOD IT WORKED!!! Thaaaanks bro.

I deleted all files from savegames and settings folders. But why after I deleted the settings it worked confused.gif?

I assume that's because the settings files still contained information pertaining to your previous installations and that's what caused your game to crash at the same point, every time. Henceforth, it would be a good idea to delete the settings files before reinstalling the game.

Anyways, glad you got it sorted. Enjoy the rest of the game. smile.gif

I have found what was making me crash: my keyboard is for portuguese language wich has keys like ~ç´`that doesn't exist in the english language, so I had maped the horn of the car to the key ~ and everytime a tutorial window appeared (or should appear) saying wich key I should press it wouldn't recognize or find the picture for the key and it would make me crash instantly...