We need 2 people!

Dutchy3010

DYOM V6BETA? OMG OMFG OM GGGGG

Labas rytas biggrin.gif a little to late for cheers biggrin.gif But better later when never biggrin.gif

Well I used cleo 3 to play.. lol Idk I got the same mission, but then again I cant see how Cleo 3 and Cleo 4 with dyom really makes a difference. Im probably going to make a short story soon called "Biker Club" so keep an eye out.

Yes- It will use the storyline feature, otherwise I wouldnt have advertised the series on here.

Not sure how many missions. Probably around 5-8.

DYOM should work with both CLEO3 and CLEO4... Missions should be fully exchangable between those two.

And you don't need the original DYOMx.dat on your computer. All used missionfiels are taken from the DSL (DYOM StoryLine) directory.

bS8xA.png

Ohh Yea..Thats what I thought. So if you are making a mission like normal..you just save as DSL rather than in the normal DYOM slots.. That sounds simple. I guess the confusion can be when u mix dat files with your DSL so your not sure if ur workin on the story or not.

I got the first mission done.

Mostly the storyline feature, because that's new. smile.gif

I'll wait until you release the final v6 with all new features added and bug fixes before I begin making the videos.

@Secronom President: your storyline plays very well for me.. Good work .

We analysed the problems Dutchy3010 had with it, and it turned out that the problem was in the use of spaces in the filename you used for the missions. I (win7) had no problems with them, but she (Vista) could not load them with the CLEO functions.

I guess the advise is to not use spaces in the filenames in DSL.

The final version will most likely not allow you to save a name with a space in it's name.

bS8xA.png

We analysed the problems Dutchy3010 had with it, and it turned out that the problem was in the use of spaces in the filename you used for the missions. I (win7) had no problems with them, but she (Vista) could not load them with the CLEO functions.

The final version will most likely not allow you to save a name with a space in it's name.

I have XP and I also had the problem. SO I'm guessing it's not just Vista.

Well I was running on Win 7 Blue lol But I had same issue.

Lol anyway I play that through parallels on my Macbook Pro, so yea

Its like repeating itself, b/c I saw the "S" and then it just repeated itself back in CJ's house.

Idk if the spaces matter, b/c I did spaces in mine like "mission 1" and it worked. when I set a few missions of mine in the story.

I have win7 but i had problems..

i will test the storylines too, i have vista sp2

...and i might make a storyline like san andreas but in parts

Hey I will have to start a new storyline cause I got f*cking pissed that I saved a mission on the wrong slot so I would have to redo on mission. EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUU- it freezed again. I give up. From now on, I will only make mini missions and Johnny Nixon Chronicles. I cant wait to test your storylines.

Edited by mati1501

General Scrotum

I uploaded a new Storyline on dyom.gtagames.nl .

The .dsl files only have the main letters of the missions. i.e. If the name of the mission is, "Making A Gift To Dutch3010 And PatrickW", it will be, "MAGTDAP".

The Chronicles Of John Secronom

• 2 weeks later...

how about that video tutorial for DYOM V6 then? could someone create it because i can't understand the storyline feature.

Chimpso? How is the video tutorial coming along? smile.gif

There are lots of people asking for good tutorials about the new storyline feature. It's a bit difficult to explain it with words, and it would be nicer to see it in a videotutorial. We would be very grateful!

Chimpso? How is the video tutorial coming along? smile.gif

There are lots of people asking for good tutorials about the new storyline feature. It's a bit difficult to explain it with words, and it would be nicer to see it in a videotutorial. We would be very grateful!

Sorry, I'm just too busy. Unrated done it instead.

I will finish the "Becoming a Succesful Mission Designer" tutorial though. And I'll try to make others when I can.

Are there any written tutorial requests you have?

Edited by Chimpso

That is an excellent video-tutorial UNRATED69, it very clearly explains all the storyline related features. cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

Do you mind if we put that tutorial on the DYOM website in the tutorial section? (of course with proper credits)

bS8xA.png

That is an excellent video-tutorial UNRATED69, it very clearly explains all the storyline related features.  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif

Do you mind if we put that tutorial on the DYOM website in the tutorial section? (of course with proper credits)

Sure. I made it to help DYOM users, so it would make sense to have it on the site. colgate.gif

user posted image