Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,122 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BEGINit

GTA: Frosted Winter

BEGINit

Did you go to the subway station? I think in the cutscene it was said that the guy is in a metro station...

Kalvin'

Oh, sorry. I skipped that cutscene tounge.gif Thanks, i passed it smile.gif Nice mod! good luck.

Alt

On a mission 'little surprise' after you left garage the car can't actually ride until you re-enter it. Also there is no text box or something else with instruction for bomb activation. On next mission (where you must meet the guy near airport) there is grammatical error with the word 'Chicago'.

BEGINit

Thanks for reporting smile.gif

Braindawg

This is probably the longest TC i've ever seen. Hope you made sure that the missions and making sure they are finishable on the first go.

Kalvin'

Really, nice mod. Also, i have a report, on the mission where you kill the guy at the airport the guy "Wu Tong" dosen't have a texture, hes just white. I'll fix and send the .txd if you want wink.gif

BEGINit

Actually I have one. I must have forgotten to add one in gta3.img since I was making stuff with it before uploading it here.

If this happens to everyone heres the model and txd:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i8wplkuktehx5ey

Mysteriodu85

Your mod is quite interesting, however I would ask you if you could change two to three things:

- The game takes place in winter (January?), but pedestrians are dressed like it was in the autumn or spring, if we want to be realistic it would be better to change her. Can you equal the varied faces of the henchmen of Leones (they all have the same head). At worst inspires you to LCS.

- The traffic lights seem to me too for a European city that is supposed to take place in the USA.

- Could you make some equals buildings interiors such as Marco Bistro or Luigi's Club or even the garage of Joey.

- If the mod is going a few months after GTA III, the logical events that have happened in this game should be here (The yakuza in Fort Staunton, the Triads are the factory destoyed, ...)

- The colors of the vehicles are too dark, it gives texture rather ugly.

Here I hope that what I mentioned does not bother you, hoping you will be able to bring changes. I wish you good luck for the future.

Edited by Mysteriodu85

Mr Myriad

BEGINit your mod is one of the best BUT for realistic feelings it should be mix of snow mod by DimZet(excellent snow roads and at whole textures) and your mod(Largest storyline like Rockstar). This mix will become the best mod ever therefore you shoud to speak with DimZet and to do such mix. Sorry of course but snow and snow effects in Frosted Winter are much to be desired. And something else: I don't know are there missions with dodo in your mod or not? If not may be you'll do some missions with this small plane in the future.

Braindawg

Your mod is quite interesting, however I would ask you if you could change two to three things:

- The game takes place in winter (January?), but pedestrians are dressed like it was in the autumn or spring, if we want to be realistic it would be better to change her. Can you equal the varied faces of the henchmen of Leones (they all have the same head). At worst inspires you to LCS.

- The traffic lights seem to me too for a European city that is supposed to take place in the USA.

- Could you make some equals buildings interiors such as Marco Bistro or Luigi's Club or even the garage of Joey.

- If the mod is going a few months after GTA III, the logical events that have happened in this game should be here (The yakuza in Fort Staunton, the Triads are the factory destoyed, ...)

- The colors of the vehicles are too dark, it gives texture rather ugly.

Here I hope that what I mentioned does not bother you, hoping you will be able to bring changes. I wish you good luck for the future.

I'm assuming you're not a modder, so I'll answer it for you.

1: It will take about a week to remake all the peds into unique winter clothed peds and perfect them (while working under preasure)

2: GTA3's liberty city is combined from lots of other places outside the USA, like the football staduim, which I think was taken from Belgium or something.

3: Making interiors is again hard work, moreover it will require scripting to put them into action, who wants a boring interior with nothing to do in it?

4: Again: Mapping/scripting: this is very possible to make that.

5: The carcolors are pretty much fine, every person has a right for their opinion, you say they are too dark, I say I like them how they are.

Modding is HARD work. And I simply cannot imagine what BEGINit went through to make this mod happen.

@ BEGINit:

The text is a little cheesy, like it was written by a 14 year old (no offense) I can fix it up for you and make it look much more GTA-like.

Mysteriodu85

Thank you for responding, although I could rephrase it.

1) Take your time, after I ask her if it's just that a more realistic view is that the mod is going in winter would be illogical to see pedestrians to walk around in T-shirt.

2) In this case, I let them.

3) Some interiors are already modeled (Joey's garage), for others you may inspire you in some models from other GTA (Marco Bistro in San Andreas). In terms of their usefulness ... errr ... it's like Vice City with buildings that are sometimes used to anything, it's just for immersion. some may be useful to take life or tablets that are slowing down time.

4) Thanks

5) For the carcolors, it was because of my graphics card that had little trouble, sorry.

Thank you BEGINit for responding equal, in fact if the mod in Vice City as a possibility to be very good (not counting the motorcycles): interiors, change clothes, or possessed of business

Sorry for my bad english, I'm French

Braindawg

That's a good suggestion, but unless you know what a pain in the ass making peds is, you're not going to get it.

I like your ideas though, I'd love to see them ingame, but it's up to BEGINit to decide.

Mr. Myriad

BEGINit I passed this mod and I want to say this is the largest mission mod ever seen! Big respect and thank you dude you did realy large work +11111$. It's interest me will you do continuation to this mod? Personally I hope on positive answer. This storyline what I saw was the magnificent and super interest, almost no bugs behind an exception something alittle. Seems me you will do continuation of the mod because the end of the story is weird and as a matter of fact Joey must kill Tony for betraying. In the end of your mod shown how Joey with Mickey are staying on Shoreside Vale and all. By my opinion it's could be a part of the big story like Godfather's trilogy. I want to say separate thanks to author of scenario of the mod you have big fantasy for real. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

BEGINit
BEGINit I passed this mod and I want to say this is the largest mission mod ever seen! Big respect and thank you dude you did realy large work +11111$. It's interest me will you do continuation to this mod? Personally I hope on positive answer. This storyline what I saw was the magnificent and super interest, almost no bugs behind an exception something alittle. Seems me you will do continuation of the mod because the end of the story is weird and as a matter of fact Joey must kill Tony for betraying. In the end of your mod shown how Joey with Mickey are staying on Shoreside Vale and all. By my opinion it's could be a part of the big story like Godfather's trilogy. I want to say separate thanks to author of scenario of the mod you have big fantasy for real. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

My friend, you didn't passed the game. It's just halfway trough tounge.gif Buy all properties and complete all their missions to unlock further storyline missions. Until you see 'THE END' on the screen know - the game is not over smile.gif

Mr. Myriad

BEGINit holy sh*t it's not the end than is a better then super! I'm really very glad the story while didn't finish. Anyway this mod is cool and I would like to see tha continuation. Good luck! icon14.gif

LT_vVheris

I actually dont think, that a sequel to Frosted Winter will come soon or will come at all. All i know, that more will come from BEGINit. And it's even better then the Frosted Winter smile.gif

BEGINit

Hello guyz. So in order to avoid further confusion with the missions I made you a GTA:Frosted Winter 100% checklist. This is the list of all story, asset and side missions. Also list of new and old collectables. This way you will be aware of weather you finished this mod or not. Enjoy tounge.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?t7gzy3jtca8poqd

P.s. This link is on the first post now too.

Noble-Blade

I played the old one till row to death and cannot go more due to bugs. I like it. When relese this one?

Kalvin'

Yo jim

G The Generous
Yo jim

^very good skill, agent icon14.gif

BEGINit
I played the old one till row to death and cannot go more due to bugs. I like it. When relese this one?

Check the first post (though it still has a very few minor issues)

Kalvin'
Yo jim

^very good skill, agent icon14.gif

Thank you! tounge.gif Just as my, uhh.. thingy below my name says tounge.gif

On-topic: That "checklist" thing, seems good. Really helped me alot, thanks!

Mr. Myriad

Ok I deleted my post thanks Secretagents1 for guide about "How can I find Jimmy".)

Edited by Mr. Myriad

Mr. Myriad

BEGINit sorry for double post but I want to ask where is the place called by "Parking Lot"?

BEGINit

It's in the Francis International Airport

Mr. Myriad

BEGINit by the way i have something bug with Parking Lot property: I bought this place but when i stay on the blue marker mission don't appears tell me please what i must to do to delete this bug or release little fix which remove this glitch please. I tryed to stay at this marker some times after some different safes but as i said earlier nothing. Today I found else one bug but with your band of three yakudzas now. In the time of the mission "End of the War" by the way I take this band with me and after passed mission i saved the game but when i reloaded my save i appeared near Aseka's building with those three idiots and everytime when i reload this save i appear only in that place which i called and i don't know how can i fix this bug. Please tell me what i need to do these yakudzas dissapear and i appeared like usually near my savehouse. And else one detail when i kill'em i appear in their place again too.

Edited by Mr. Myriad

BEGINit
BEGINit by the way i have something bug with Parking Lot property: I bought this place but when i stay on the blue marker mission don't appears tell me please what i must to do to delete this bug or release little fix which remove this glitch please. I tryed to stay at this marker some times after some different safes but as i said earlier nothing. Today I found else one bug but with your band of three yakudzas now. In the time of the mission "End of the War" by the way I take this band with me and after passed mission i saved the game but when i reloaded my save i appeared near Aseka's building with those three idiots and everytime when i reload this save i appear only in that place which i called and i don't know how can i fix this bug. Please tell me what i need to do these yakudzas dissapear and i appeared like usually near my savehouse. And else one detail when i kill'em i appear in their place again too.

Hmmm...damn...

Parking lot:

It may be possible that the sphere is not in the exact possition with mission trigger. Try walking around the sphere in some distance. The mission may start in so other spot near the sphere. If doe'snt work - report.

Yakuzas:

Ok that's the first time I hear something about that and actually I havee no idea what's wrong though I will check thi script later. Try killing them and saving your game then. If won't work - try running away from them as far as you can (not on foot of course) and look what happens then. If nothing bad - go and save your game. Or try... Wait A Minute! How did you reach "End of the War" without completing parking lot missions?

Mr. Myriad

BEGINit not quite. I passed that mission earlier than you told me this i wanted to say this you but stupid enternet explorer had an own bug and i couldn't enter to browser at whole i just walked around the enter in parking lot and the cutscene began by itself. At whole as you don't know while what's needed to fix this bug i try to start the game from previous save and i'll pass again it but at this time witout those yakudzas.

Edited by Mr. Myriad

Braindawg

BEGINit, Are you gonna tell me how to edit the text? I'm ready to start working on it.