2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

JOSEPH X

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ten-a-penny

not Valenwood? I'm a Hunter by heart in Skyrim and Valenwood is THE haven of Hunters. Either that, or post-Great-War Summerset Isles. We could see the Thalmor and see the world from their own respective. Maybe even give us the option to f*ck with these wannabe-Nazis. Who knows?

Typhus

not Valenwood? I'm a Hunter by heart in Skyrim and Valenwood is THE haven of Hunters. Either that, or post-Great-War Summerset Isles. We could see the Thalmor and see the world from their own respective. Maybe even give us the option to f*ck with these wannabe-Nazis. Who knows?

In truth, I think Valenwood is the likely choice for the next game. You get the Elvish culture which was so popular in Morrowind, you get the rainforests and swamps people find appealing about Black Marsh, and you get the political intrigue with their interaction with the other races, who - unlike the Argonians - they interact with far more regularly. I'd actually put money on the next game being set there, that's how confident I am that it's happening. It perfectly merges together all the elements fans like.

Plus, going back to the Sload - they would be the perfect villains for that setting, seeing as how the Bosmer are extreme environmentalists who can't even harm a leaf, and the Sload are more like 19th Century British industrialists on crack. It would be a really interesting clash of cultures.

Edward Nashton

Oh, Skyrim. :sigh:

IDvCi1T.jpg

Typhus

Has anyone else been going back to Oblivion? Honestly, Skyrim is all played out, and not allowing any decent mods on the PS4 has completely killed its replayability for me. So I decided to go back to the older gamer. It took me years to get into it, primarily because of the awful face models and sudden zooming-in every time you speak to someone, but I think I'm finally moving past that and enjoying the game a little.

Edward Nashton

^ If you've been playing Skyrim for years like I have, Oblivion is going to be a pretty rough experience. I went back to it last year to refresh my memory on story and how it all connects to Skyrim. I got about a third of the way through before I gave up and just watched a let's play of it on youtube. The gameplay is dated as hell, and just the aesthetics of it rub me the wrong way, it feels like very generic sword and sorcery - which is the reason why I didn't care for fantasy games for a while, I still kinda don't - it's just Skyrim and the Witcher 3, everything else is just dime store LOTR to me.

Edit: And Dark Souls, forgot about that one.

Edited by Edward Nashton

ten-a-penny

Oh, Skyrim. :sigh:

<le Pic>

I was frustrated because of my sh*tty keyboard and good-for-nothing father and ended up turning the place into ruins just so I can buy some Batteries to this piece-of-f*cking-turd Keyboard. Hopped online. Then you came.

From a pissed off i'm-gonna-murder-someone mood to an instant laughter. Yep, that's me.

Has anyone else been going back to Oblivion?

I'd play the game more, if it would just stop giving me Motion Sickness everytime I play it. And the face models, oh my f*cking God, the face models. I am NOT gonna play this game until I get it on the PC. There better be a Remodel mod somewhere.

Tokasmoka

Why can't they make it easier to put weapons in the display cases in your hearthfire houses? If I knew it was this bad I wouldn't of made them lol. And Stendarr's hammer glitches on the weapon rack and is too heavy to move around I nearly lost it. I couldn't find it until I saw this little pixel on the wall, turns out it was in the wall.

Is this The Guy?

The manequins, weapons racks, and weapon cases are really buggy. I would fill up all the racks and cases and sometimes come home to them being all over the floor and have to put them back all the time.

I dont build manequins in my hearthfire houses anymore because theyre haunted. I come home one day and its standing in the middle of the room.

As for Oblivion, if it looked and played like Skyrim I would say it was the better game. There is so much stuff I miss from oblivion that isnt in Skyrim.

Creating spells and the way enchanting weapons was done.

Finding unique items and weapons all over the world that you could actually use. (You can use unique items in Skyrim too but eventually youll be able to creat much stronger stuff)

The variety of enemies. Finding marauders in dungeons and bandits in caves.

Also miss being able to wear pants

Edited by That Guy There

ten-a-penny

I dont build manequins in my hearthfire houses anymore because theyre haunted. I come home one day and its standing in the middle of the room.

Mannequins are actually petrified, reskinned NPCs. That's why they roam the place sometimes, before their scripts kick in.

And man, are THEY f*ckin' haunted. One day, when I was inside Darkwater Den (an Argonian/Black-Marsh-Inspired player home close to Darkwater Crossing, hence the name), I used the Nord Mead Keg to drink some mead (Dynamic Things convert all those useless keg statics to Activators to drink a bottle of whatever type of mead that Activator gives you). Thing is, for whatever reason, the retarded Mannequin that was in front of me somehow though I was "illegally drinking" from the keg (IN MY HOME!!!) and a Red Dot popped in my Compass, indicating that the "Mannequin" have turned into an "enemy". I was scared sh*tless because of it. Go f*ck yourselves, mannequins.

OT: This game is apparently racist to Bosmer (Elvist? Bosmist?). When I was playing as my Wood Elf character, a CTD happened almost all the time. But now that I'm playing as an Argonian, nope. Can only think of two overall crashes.

Kinda off topic (ish?), but does anyone here knows how to remove the stupid cape from the Vagabond Armor sets? I already removed the dumb Bear Skin but the back cape is still there. Its retardedly stupid. I'm using the Standalone Version btw, really can't do anything to the Immersive Armors version because its packed behind a .BSA.

Edward Nashton

<Mannequin Glitch>

Aw crap, why'd you guys have to go and remind me about that. I would get a weird vibe around them way back before I knew about the glitch, I thought my mind was playing tricks on me when I'd find them in slightly different poses, then I found this video

It's both hilarious and terrifying at the same time, the only other video game glitch that has that effect are the animal people from Red Dead Redemption.

OT: This game is apparently racist to Bosmer (Elvist? Bosmist?). When I was playing as my Wood Elf character, a CTD happened almost all the time. But now that I'm playing as an Argonian, nope. Can only think of two overall crashes.

I play as Bosmer all the time, they're my favorite non-human race, I never noticed a pattern. I did notice that the game (both versions) crashes more often when I'm playing as a mage character, though. Go figure.

Edited by Edward Nashton

Craigsters

Still have 2100 creation club credits, going to buy this later on

CECv8sA.jpg

1DdO26U.jpg

From what I've seen, it's not that good. The zombies groan the same sound effect over and over again and the quest is very short. Furthermore, zombies are rare to find in the world and they don't come in hordes, just a couple of them.

Haven't played it myself though.

Fallout and Skyrim credits are seperate on PS4. I have 275 left in F4 and 1650 in Skyrim.

For Skyrim, I purchased the 20,99 pack that gives you 3000 credits. I own everything besides Chrysamere and Plague of the dead. You could say I paid 10 euros for almost everything. Grabbed most items for free or on sale. Not playing Skyrim currently though. Maybe the next update will bring me back.

Edited by fashion

Jonesizzle

Has anyone else been going back to Oblivion? Honestly, Skyrim is all played out, and not allowing any decent mods on the PS4 has completely killed its replayability for me. So I decided to go back to the older gamer. It took me years to get into it, primarily because of the awful face models and sudden zooming-in every time you speak to someone, but I think I'm finally moving past that and enjoying the game a little.

Ahhh, good 'ol Oblivion. I really, really enjoy the quest more in Oblivion, especially the Thieves Guild (Grey Fox crowl was the absolute sh*t when you weren't in cities). I was happy they made it BC for the One (I've had my copy since I first bought it over 10 years ago) and plan on giving it a goski after I complete my xbox one playthrough of Skyrim.

Oblivion seriously gives me crazy nostalgia. It was the first video game I played on a HDTV.

Edited by DOOM!

ten-a-penny

Was bored so I decided to take some Screenies. K-ENB Pure Light again.

Ib18YEG.png

jPwbuQf.png

TeSHnnx.png

6A7CQKX.png

lxQHcxC.png

FEHFk0R.png

[the last 3 tho]

Creation Club updated today. I currently don't have time for skyrim but I think I'll find some spare minutes to play soon. Even if it's just one hour a day or weekends. New content doesn't look half bad.

A new customizable backpack - looks amazing. 400 credits.

A new house near whiterun - from the looks of it, it doesn't use any new assets and is made from ingame stuff. I think I won't buy. Already have decent PS4 free houses. 300 credits.

Camping. 300 credits. Meh.

Nixhound follower - f*ck yes. Looks awesome, hopefully has some custom animations. Instant buy from me. 200 credits.

Shadowrend - new weapon with a quest for 300 credits.

I have 1500 credits left. Think I'll grab the nixhound, shadowrend and backpack. That will leave me with 600 credits for the next update.