3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Law0070

"you have been disconnected

Law0070

Pops up after a while every time I play in a server in TBOGT, I never had this problem with GTA IV so it's very frustrating! I turned all my graphics to lowest already and still happens..I can normally run this game fine on medium settings but online it just doesn't stop disconnecting

any ways to solve this? confused.gif (except "buy a new pc")

XTREME0235

If your GPU can't run the game fine with everyone making explosions and spawning cars endlessly around you, then that would be your problem.

I own a Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT and i can't run EFLC or IV on anywhere over 25 Fps, especially in online games.

Try upgrading your GPU, perhaps you can overclock it.

But i would just suggest you go for something like a 4750 or 5770.

XTREME0235.

kudoboi
Pops up after a while every time I play in a server in TBOGT, I never had this problem with GTA IV so it's very frustrating! I turned all my graphics to lowest already and still happens..I can normally run this game fine on medium settings but online it just doesn't stop disconnecting

any ways to solve this? confused.gif (except "buy a new pc")

if u have this in single player, its probrably ur internet, wht is ur internet speed?

XTREME0235
if u have this in single player, its probrably ur internet, wht is ur internet speed?

Lol, fail.

In single player, internet is irrelevant. Sure it's relevant when you looking in GFWL, but there is no online factor in single player.

As stated, it's most likely GPU issues.

XTREME0235.

meson1

According to his sig, he's using a laptop which usually means a built-in GPU with no scope for changing it.

NTAuthority

The requirement for triggering this error appears to be quite low, and if your system can properly run IV it should never occur. However, the common longer 'hiccup' causing this error might cause severe synchronization issues with the way the IV netcode is implemented, and as such I do understand this error message -- consoles rarely have such hiccups.

Anyway, a low frame rate shouldn't cause this -- a low *constant* framerate or a large hiccup should.

Edited by NTAuthority

Law0070

to clear things up I normally already stated: I only have this issue when I play ONLINE (as said before, on servers)

in single player there's no problem for me, because I use an offline account for that (pretty annoying but I'm not always connected to the internet so I have no choice)

so these messages can appear in single player as well when you play on an online GFWL account? I'll check it maybe GFWL causes the error

EDIT I'm gonna check on TLAD online (if there's any activity online lol) because TLAD doesn't have buzzards causing constant explosions etc etc...)

Edited by Law0070

XTREME0235
to clear things up I normally already stated: I only have this issue when I play ONLINE (as said before, on servers)

in single player there's no problem for me, because I use an offline account for that (pretty annoying but I'm not always connected to the internet so I have no choice)

so these messages can appear in single player as well when you play on an online GFWL account? I'll check it maybe GFWL causes the error

EDIT I'm gonna check on TLAD online (if there's any activity online lol) because TLAD doesn't have buzzards causing constant explosions etc etc...)

No, that message only appears in MP.

You can lag as much as desired in Single player and no message appears.

XTREME0235.

kudoboi

XTREME0235.

not true, on single player it sometimes also said internet disconnected n the account goes to offline mode, i fixed it though by getting a better broadband package

Law0070

XTREME0235.

not true, on single player it sometimes also said internet disconnected n the account goes to offline mode, i fixed it though by getting a better broadband package

IMO getting a better broadband package and paying more on internet bills is pretty dumb just to be able to play a SINGLEPLAYER game..I thing GFWL fails, I need two accounts, an online and an offline account, just to play this game singleplayer or multiplayer...

ah well, hope this once gets fixed...but I'm starting to hate the fact i am not allowed to play online properly cause of GFWL

kudoboi

XTREME0235.

IMO getting a better broadband package and paying more on internet bills is pretty dumb just to be able to play a SINGLEPLAYER game..I thing GFWL fails, I need two accounts, an online and an offline account, just to play this game singleplayer or multiplayer...

ah well, hope this once gets fixed...but I'm starting to hate the fact i am not allowed to play online properly cause of GFWL

well i upgraded my broadband cuz i have quite alot of games tht require internet like medal of honor or dead rising 2, it effects all of em, b4 i upgraded my broadband, i had touble at every single game that have multiplayer, i will usually get kicked out or get a disconnected message every 3 mins

Law0070

XTREME0235.

well i upgraded my broadband cuz i have quite alot of games tht require internet like medal of honor or dead rising 2, it effects all of em, b4 i upgraded my broadband, i had touble at every single game that have multiplayer, i will usually get kicked out or get a disconnected message every 3 mins

i see smile.gif I still think an internet requirement for a SINGLE player game is a bit obsolete but ah well...

radioman

That is an obvious solution-lol-it is your internet connection that is the culprit. Are you on Dial-up, broadband/cable, or DSL? Here's a chart comparing the difference in internet speeds as related to what is needed to successful do specific tasks:

Which option suits you?      Starter      Essential      Preferred      Premier

Good for...     Email & Chat     Surfing the Internet     Music & Photos     Gaming & Movies

Regular price per month     $22.99     $32.99     $46.99     $61.99

Download speeds up to     1 Mbps     3 Mbps     12 Mbps     25 Mbps

Upload speeds up to     256 Kbps     384 Kbps     1.5 Mbps     2 Mbps

and here is the Source of the information. It is a very reliable source is why I quoted it. Just a heads up. smile.gif Also, the link to the source may be a easier to read source than the quote-just a heads up.

Law0070
That is an obvious solution-lol-it is your internet connection that is the culprit. Are you on Dial-up, broadband/cable, or DSL? Here's a chart comparing the difference in internet speeds as related to what is needed to successful do specific tasks:

Good for...     Email & Chat     Surfing the Internet     Music & Photos     Gaming & Movies

and here is the Source of the information. It is a very reliable source is why I quoted it. Just a heads up. smile.gif Also, the link to the source may be a easier to read source than the quote-just a heads up.

mine seems comparable to the "preferred" one even though I live in belgium...1.5 mbps upload speed sooo

radioman

mine seems comparable to the "preferred" one even though I live in belgium...1.5 mbps upload speed sooo

But, How are you connected?-Wirelessly OR is the Internet wire connected directly to your computer(or console-if on console)? Wireless connections are known to be less powerful, and are prone to lose connection at times-I have the preferred package too, and on my desktop, which the wire is connected to, has a 100% power, whereas my laptop, which is connected wirelessly, has about 56% to 60% power/speed. Also, on some compters-my old XP laptop does this quite often is how I know, tends to lose the connection at times, and you have to reset the connection from the icon in the task bar. So, in conclusion, if you are connected wirelessly, try connecting the internet wire directly to your computer and see if that helps. Also, you may have to have your ISP provider come out and install a new wire from the line outside to the internet box-like I did a few years back..Just a heads up/hope this helps.

Law0070

But, How are you connected?-Wirelessly OR is the Internet wire connected directly to your computer(or console-if on console)? Wireless connections are known to be less powerful, and are prone to lose connection at times-I have the preferred package too, and on my desktop, which the wire is connected to, has a 100% power, whereas my laptop, which is connected wirelessly, has about 56% to 60% power/speed. Also, on some compters-my old XP laptop does this quite often is how I know, tends to lose the connection at times, and you have to reset the connection from the icon in the task bar. So, in conclusion, if you are connected wirelessly, try connecting the internet wire directly to your computer and see if that helps. Also, you may have to have your ISP provider come out and install a new wire from the line outside to the internet box-like I did a few years back..Just a heads up/hope this helps.

wireless, my dad wouln't like it too much if i started pulling cables through his house so i won't be able to do it the way you describe it...strange it could be the wireless, he adjusted the antenna's on the router to give a more powerful signal so it's usually full strength.. confused.gif

radioman

Since you said you are connected Wirelessly, I assume you are on a laptop, as, as far as I know, Desktops do not have the ability to connect wirelessly, so, can't you take your laptop into the same room that the router is in and plug directly into it while you are playing MP, and then go back to wireless afterwards?

Also, moving the Antennas on the router makes very little difference, as my old laptop is set up almost right next to the router, and yet it still loses the signal quite often, but my Windows 7 laptop and XP Pro laptops do not have this problem and they are in a different room-even my PS3 doesn't lose the wireless connection and it is in the same room as my Wndows 7 laptop and I use both of those at the same time every now and then. So, it might be your wireless card that is in the computer that is the problem-it may not be strong enough to hold the wireless signal while the game is running, so you might have to get a new wireless card OR take your laptop(?) into the same room as the router and plug directly into the router if you want to play MP games.-the second option would be the cheaper method...Hope this helps/just a heads up..

Law0070

won't help and is very unpractical (the router is located in the bathroom), he put NEW ANTENNA'S on it, so the signal goes at almost full strength till the end of the garden tounge.gif and yes, desktops CAN receive wireless signals wink.gif

radioman

won't help and is very unpractical (the router is located in the bathroom), he put NEW ANTENNA'S on it, so the signal goes at almost full strength till the end of the garden tounge.gif and yes, desktops CAN receive wireless signals wink.gif

I can't resist...And I thought people from the south were rednecks-A Computer router in the bathroom.?-lol tounge2.giflol.gif (that part about rednecks was from the comedian Jeff Foxworthy, btw). Just curious, why would anyone put a PC Router in the bathroom? I mean usually it's supposed to go near the main internet box, I thought.

But, jokes aside, it might be your computer's wireless card(as stated in my last post), that may be the culprit-it (the wireless card in the PC) may not be powerful enough to hold the signal, that does happen, as I stated before, it happens on my old XP Home laptop quite often, and that PC is pretty much right next to the router.

Law0070

I can't resist...And I thought people from the south were rednecks-A Computer router in the bathroom.?-lol tounge2.giflol.gif (that part about rednecks was from the comedian Jeff Foxworthy, btw). Just curious, why would anyone put a PC Router in the bathroom? I mean usually it's supposed to go near the main internet box, I thought.

But, jokes aside, it might be your computer's wireless card(as stated in my last post), that may be the culprit-it (the wireless card in the PC) may not be powerful enough to hold the signal, that does happen, as I stated before, it happens on my old XP Home laptop quite often, and that PC is pretty much right next to the router.

hahaha shush tounge.gif well, our house has a ground floor, mid floor and upper floor, so he put the wireless router in the middle to provide a powerful signal to the whole house, more a kind of tactics tounge.gif