3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Tyla

Grand Theft Auto IV: London

Mati
Nice mission Tyla icon14.gif I enjoyed reading It.

Same here. Your missions are amazing. And yeah, I would be interested in the preview LC mission.

Tyla

I've knocked up this preview as a narrative instead of the usual script form because I wanted to make it as descriptive as possible to show the atmosphere that I would want to capture. I'm especially keen on what akavari thinks of this setting as this sort of environment is what I would want to do in a 70s Liberty City concept. And the city has to be different, right? This is 1982 afterall, not 2008 tounge2.gif Thank you for the feedback on the previous mission.

The route planned to be used in this mission begins at the Departures terminal at Francis International and goes along the Broker-Dukes Expressway until reaching Dukes Drive. The journey will then go along Dukes Drive into Steinway and head north down Concord Avenue until reaching a huge storage warehouse on Morris ST - the big abandoned building there in IV - where the mob organize exclusive underground boxing bouts, much like the real life mafia in the seventies and eighties, fitting with the 1982 setting here.

Check the drive out for yourself in game and let me know what you think.

“If he’s black, why’d you boys call him The Mick” wondered Raymond, perched across the back seats of the Willard Marbelle as it lay stationary on the Broker-Dukes Expressway, surrounded by a barrage of Bickle Cabbies and Declasse Taxis, thick smog bellowing from their exhaust pipes.

“’Cause his last name’s McCluskey!” answered John, the burly man in the driving seat, providing Ray with a little more information on his elusive opponent whom he knew only as Sammy The Mick from Bohan.

“He’s black, and Irish.” Lenny, the short and squat figure in the passenger seat added through clouds of smoke falling from his thick cigar between his lips. He winds down the window to allow air into the vehicle, his immediate coughing acknowledging the poor quality of what he breathed into his smoke burnished lungs. “Take a right up here,” he points his finger in the direction of Steinway, “Those projects are full of nothin' but vermin!”

“Big Tone says you weigh in at two-twenty-five, Raymondo?” this number is met with a nod by the solid body in the back seat, “How tall are you?”

“Six foot three.”

The Mick’s six-five, Johnny Boy” croaked Lenny, turning his head at the sight of a carnival ensemble in the car park of the Steinway Park. A carousel turns with children mounted on revolving horses as the Marbelle passes along Dukes Drive, faint cheery music playing out as the police watch on, engrossing themselves in the fun with boxes of doughnuts and candy floss being eaten on the hoods of their Patrol Car.

“But other than that,” Caine’s hoarse voice pressed for more information, though he was confidently, almost egotistically sure that he would floor this so called beast of a man, Sammy the Mick when the bout took place. The fleet of black Albany Emperors and Albany Primos lined up outside the graveyard provided assurances of what would happen if he failed in this task he had been transported to Liberty City to complete with the backing of the Lupisella Family, “And this ‘fella sounding like a pint of Blarney’s?”

Lenny tossed his cigar from the window into the gutter, “Yeah, he’s a real mean son of a bitch. Never been knocked down.” Images of a hulking, angry, six-foot five black Irish pugilist flooded Ray’s mind, thoughts clouded by the own vicious hate he harboured within himself that he could summon in an instant. He could almost see him flooring him, the crash of his body against the canvas. He could almost smell the money... his payday. “You’re gonna be poppin’ his cherry, kid.”

A hobo approaches the stationary Marbelle out of the bushes on the Franklin ST side of the intersection, his finger resting on the trigger of a squirt-gun from a stolen bottle of bleach which sits in a used bottle of Pißwasser Lager. He removes a dirty rag from his battered military jacket and begins to wipe furiously at the windshield, readily expectant of a tip from the rich mobster occupants. “This f*ckin’ guy...” Johnny Boy mumbles, his foot pressing on the accelerator. “Get a job, ya f*ckin’ bum!” The Marbelle heads forward to the street the neighbourhood kids are using as a playing field for Baseball – Concord Avenue. Their parents watch on, seated on the high steps of their townhouses, conversing with one another and selling goods out of their garages; there is the occasional angry shout as the baseball impacts into the panel work of one of the many expensive cars that line the kurb.

“Some say on average,” John prepared to reel the facts of The Mick’s illustrious bareknuckle boxing career off his tongue, “It takes him thirty five seconds to maul a man’s throat out.” “Most the time though, they don’t even make it that far!”

Lenny gave a low chuckle from the depths of his nicotine lined throat, before delivering his strict solution, “You’d better knock him out fast then, huh kid?”

To be continued...

Thank you. smile.gif

Akavari

That scene definitely captured America, with all the New York (or Liberty City) scumbags and pollution. So how much have you thought out about this 70s concept, like do you already have a story in mind?

TommyMufc-Champs

Congrats on 200 posts!  cookie.gif

It wasn't my 200th reply It was the topic lol. Just realised that smile.gif

Edited by TommyMufc-Champs

Mati

The preview sounds interesting, cant wait how it turns out.

The Lolwut Pear

The Bickle Cabbie? Is that an obvious reference to well, Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver? biggrin.gif

Rougarou

really great job you did here! fantasic story and soundtrack! cant wait to see more!

Tyla

That scene definitely captured America, with all the New York (or Liberty City) scumbags and pollution. So how much have you thought out about this 70s concept, like do you already have a story in mind?

To tell you the truth, I have no idea of a story at all. Just links to the LCPD database where I've got information from. I've just this second come up with these (bare with me if they don't make much sense) in the mould of the multiple protagonists idea I remember you having, which I would really like to do because the main reason I haven't been able to construct a sole main character is because of the many things a 70s game could draw from!

An up and coming mobster, caught in a bloody mob war between the Ancelotti and Lupisella Organizations. When Sonny Cangelosi dies and Jon Gravelli takes his place as Head of the Commission, he orders members of both sides to be hit as the war is extremely bad for business. The mobster must also infiltrate the Ancelotti Family on behalf of the Lupisellas, leading to him becoming entangled in a web of hoods and shysters from both sides of the River.

The story would cover,

*Giovanni Ancelotti taking over the Ancelotti Family after the death of his Uncle.

*Derrick McReary/Bucky Sligo – Armed Robbery (1978)

*Sonny Cangelosi’s death, Jon Gravelli’s rise

*Mark Lupisella – Manslaughter (1978)

*Sonny Honarato – Cemetery Desecration (1978)

The McReary's (keeping with the Westies theme) would have brief appearances along with a couple of planned characters for my story about them, such as Lenny in the preview mission who I've fleshed a bio out for.

A young thug from Northwood; futureless, hopeless, nothing to lose. His prospects suddenly change after he assists the local drug kingpin who promptly takes him under his wing as a protégé. The young thug suddenly finds himself caught up in something far above himself, can he manage to hang on to this power when faced with the harsh reality of what he is involved in?

Story covers,

*The horrendous conditions of 1970s New York

*The Pavano Family’s drug connections to Northern Algonquin

*Possible death of Mr. Forge and catalyst for the future rise of his son?

Dwayne mentions his father as being a vicious drug dealer and pimp who was murdered whilst he was still a young child. For a brutal murder that would really hit home, I would love to include this.

A distinguished Vietnam Vet turned vigilante, disillusioned by the state of what he has returned home to. He is caught up in an event of crime and is ultimately passed off as little more as another statistic in the rising crime rate by the LCPD, prompting him to violently lash out at the environment around him.

*Based around the movies Taxi Driver, Death Wish and Defiance.

*The possible death of Governor Greg Johnson (whom the project in Northwood will be named in honour of)

This story would run as an out-and-out conflict with the player's actions in the two above stories, with you and your main character exposed to every shady deal and every vicious street group going on in Liberty City, very much like The Warriors in feel. It's possible that his actions could lead to his nature (ex-marine, possibly shell-shocked) being exploited by organized crime with his ruthless nature being employed to get jobs done. The protagonist finally realises he is being exploited and is able to strike out at some of the most powerful figures in Liberty City. Something unique to this tale would be that sometimes, the police would completely ignore your crimes, not knowing whether to detest or admire you for your actions.

What do you think? tounge2.gif

And thanks to everyone for the feedback! TLP: Yeah, you're spot on! wink.gif

Akavari

1978 seems to be a very juicy year in terms of events to build a story off of, although I still think the early 70s would have much more style/theme to go on. Anyway I'm glad you'd be willing to try out multiple protagonists. How many missions would you want to plan for each protagonist, and how many protagonists would you want? I would say about 3-4 protagonists, each with 20-40 missions.

An Italian mobster is essential considering the 70s were a golden era for the mafia. The first part of his story could involve helping Jon Gravelli take throne as don, that is if his uncle were out of favor and the protagonist would assassinate him or something.

The young thug sounds really vague, but the whole scenario he is involved in sounds promising.

The Vietnam vet is a good choice too. Definitely reminds me of Travis Bickle/Charles Bronson (Charles Bronson would be the coolest person to base one of the characters off of!). A twisted ex-soldier who goes on some kind of mission, possibly after the murder of a close friend or family member (as cliche as that sounds).

We could also include a blaxploitation character, unless you think 1978 would be a little late for that whole thing. I think a black dynamite-type character, some strong black vigilante with eyes and ears in the streets, could be a partner for the Vietnam veteran protagonist. He would have a vendetta against the flood of drugs corrupting his black neighborhoods, so he sets out to dismantle the drug empire.

I'm not exactly teeming with ideas in terms of a storyline right now. I can whip up some weapons and we can compile vehicles to feature in the topic before we dive into a story though. icon14.gif

And most importantly, what would you want to call this concept? Grand Theft Auto: Liberty '78 or something? suicidal.gif

Tyla

I think the idea could stretch to accommodate four protagonists, the fourth guy being a maverick cop in the mould of Dirty Harry and taking inspiration from all those fantastic seventies cop movies such as the French Connection and co. A lot of people in Gaming Chat are keen on the prospect of a seventies cop game and I've always wanted to see one. Ever since I was little... blush.gif You'd get him partnered up with some fresh blood who he can't stand and half way through the game he would become disillusioned with the police force and go on his own crusade of justice. Maybe even team up with the 'Vet?

I was planning 15-20 missions a protagonist (Vice City had 21 main story missions without counting the assets, I think?) but I would be open to this varying per character. And I would love if the story could somehow be connected, with each protagonist being either seen or referenced, though that isn't a necessity.

Agree on bringing a blaxploitation character into the mix too, as a sidekick, and defiantly want Charles Bronson in the role of our vigilante. If you can sell me the idea of the blaxploitation character, I'm defiantly open to it. I was thinking someone in the mould of Clay (from Lost & Damned) could fit in with your idea: ex 'Nam vet, loves sticking it to the man, etc, but maybe not Clay himself 'cause he's the silent one, where a sidekick should be bold as all hell!

It would be a while before I can get into writing and making idea's up for this because I plan on finishing this and making a dent in the sequel first, so if you finish BAAFLC and would like to go ahead with this then feel free smile.gif I will put vehicles and music high on my list of stuff to do, though and am open to any suggestions. Thanks mate!

And most importantly, what would you want to call this concept? Grand Theft Auto: Liberty '78 or something? suicidal.gif

haha!

Liberty '78: It's like Liberty '71, only it's set seven years later, is seven times better, and doesn't feature Tommy Vercetti in the title role!!

In all seriousness I don't know. Will have to think of that later tounge2.gif

Edit: Oh! And before I forget, here's part of the bio I typed up for Lenny, the 'goodfella I plan to feature as somewhat of an accomplice to the mobster protagonist who is unnamed as of yet and was briefly seen in the preview above,

Surname: Manzano

First Name: Lenny ‘Limping’

Place of Birth: Lower Easton, Liberty City

Affiliations: Lupisella Crime Syndicate

Criminal Record:

1956: Grand Larceny

1963: Assault

1967: Extortion

1972: Racketeering

Leonard Manzano, better known as ‘Limping Lenny’, is a thirty-six year old soldato within the Bohan based Lupisella Crime Family. He is short and of squat build, standing five-feet and eight inches tall and weighing 160 pounds.

His nickname is garnered from his days as a junior thief in Algonquin. Young Lenny ran with a crew of street criminals based out of Luddite Row with connections to wiseguys stationed in nearby Little Italy. The Luddite Crew were given the assignment of stealing supplies from a non-union construction site in Fishmarket North; whilst trying to steal construction machinery, Lenny was rumbled by security guards and lost control of the machinery, causing it to topple onto him and crush his legs underneath. This resulted in him losing two toes on his right foot, leaving him with a permanent limp. Also because of this, he walks on the balls of his feet, giving the normally diminutive man an extremely confident appearance.

The anecdote about his limp comes from a story I heard about John Gotti after having my own tendons cut... thought it was pretty cool.

BrownBear

You b*stards, I was gonna make a 70s topic angry.gif.

TommyMufc-Champs

You still can. What location were you planning to do? I thought Sydney In the 70s would be cool.

Tyla

Whats the problem?

I don't know who's planted this one person can do one topic per era in your head but you should consider losing that thought. Thats not the way around here. Your topic going to be set in 1970s Liberty City? I thought it was New Orleans? Maybe you should just keep it on ice if you think the locations are too similar, 'cause the last time I looked New York and New Orleans don't have a great deal in common? Opposite ends of the country even?

BrownBear

I'm just joking mate wink.gif.

I'm actually thinking about doing a topic set on the US/Mexico border at the moment but I may do my other topic ideas at some point.

AnthMUFC-Champs

To tell you the truth, I have no idea of a story at all. Just links to the LCPD database where I've got information from. I've just this second come up with these (bare with me if they don't make much sense) in the mould of the multiple protagonists idea I remember you having, which I would really like to do because the main reason I haven't been able to construct a sole main character is because of the many things a 70s game could draw from!

An up and coming mobster, caught in a bloody mob war between the Ancelotti and Lupisella Organizations. When Sonny Cangelosi dies and Jon Gravelli takes his place as Head of the Commission, he orders members of both sides to be hit as the war is extremely bad for business. The mobster must also infiltrate the Ancelotti Family on behalf of the Lupisellas, leading to him becoming entangled in a web of hoods and shysters from both sides of the River.

The story would cover,

*Giovanni Ancelotti taking over the Ancelotti Family after the death of his Uncle.

The McReary's (keeping with the Westies theme) would have brief appearances along with a couple of planned characters for my story about them, such as Lenny in the preview mission who I've fleshed a bio out for.

A young thug from Northwood; futureless, hopeless, nothing to lose. His prospects suddenly change after he assists the local drug kingpin who promptly takes him under his wing as a protégé. The young thug suddenly finds himself caught up in something far above himself, can he manage to hang on to this power when faced with the harsh reality of what he is involved in?

Story covers,

Dwayne mentions his father as being a vicious drug dealer and pimp who was murdered whilst he was still a young child. For a brutal murder that would really hit home, I would love to include this.

A distinguished Vietnam Vet turned vigilante, disillusioned by the state of what he has returned home to. He is caught up in an event of crime and is ultimately passed off as little more as another statistic in the rising crime rate by the LCPD, prompting him to violently lash out at the environment around him.

*The possible death of Governor Greg Johnson (whom the project in Northwood will be named in honour of)

This story would run as an out-and-out conflict with the player's actions in the two above stories, with you and your main character exposed to every shady deal and every vicious street group going on in Liberty City, very much like The Warriors in feel. It's possible that his actions could lead to his nature (ex-marine, possibly shell-shocked) being exploited by organized crime with his ruthless nature being employed to get jobs done. The protagonist finally realises he is being exploited and is able to strike out at some of the most powerful figures in Liberty City. Something unique to this tale would be that sometimes, the police would completely ignore your crimes, not knowing whether to detest or admire you for your actions.

I am actually doing a project at college mate and i have made my own game series and the first one was based in New York and New Jersey during the 70s. I made a design document and everything and the story revolved around the Mafia world at the time. I planned to have the second one to focus on the same Mafia family but it would be set in the later 70s in Las Vegas similar to the events which the film Casino was based on. The third would focus on Miami during the 80s cocaine craze and the family send one of there men down there to establish a cocaine empire. Out of all three the first one was the best also Tyla i can post some pics if you want of New York during the 70s, I could also give you website which has loads of them.

Akavari

Maybe Brownbear could get in on this little project too? I understand he's a genius when it comes to gang knowledge... smile.gif

BrownBear
Maybe Brownbear could get in on this little project too? I understand he's a genius when it comes to gang knowledge... smile.gif

Hehehehehe, stop... blush.gif.

Hey Tyla, if you wanted to expnd this universe a topic set on the Costa Del Crime in the late 80s could be cool.

Maybe you play as one of Raymond's enforcers after he spreads his empire to Spain.

Tyla

The story would cover,

Story covers,

I am actually doing a project at college mate and i have made my own game series and the first one was based in New York and New Jersey during the 70s. I made a design document and everything and the story revolved around the Mafia world at the time. I planned to have the second one to focus on the same Mafia family but it would be set in the later 70s in Las Vegas similar to the events which the film Casino was based on. The third would focus on Miami during the 80s cocaine craze and the family send one of there men down there to establish a cocaine empire. Out of all three the first one was the best also Tyla i can post some pics if you want of New York during the 70s, I could also give you website which has loads of them.

And they say Grand Theft Auto turns kids into murderers and thieves!

Your project sounds excellent, mate, and I'm glad you bought up seventies NYC pictures. Is this the site?

I absolutely love pictures like this one and this, and this picture is simply amazing.

One, two show in contrast how Harlem was in the 70s, though, and you can almost smell the sleaze in this pic! Brilliant!

Now Jersey - Alderney - I'm not sure whether or not to just exclude it from the map, and increase the size of Bohan (expand South Bohan, add Yankee Stadium etc) and Broker (where a lot of mob activity, such as the Ancelottis, would be rerouted, and would be a world away from its 'hipster' appearance), while the size of Little Italy would be increased back to where you can still see the Italian flags painted on walls driving through Suffolk. What are everyones thoughts on that? Too drastic? confused.gif

@brownbear: I don't think I'm going to involve Ray in any more stories after this one. Even if they would be as early as the late 80s. Someone could come creeping with a gun and kill him the day after the events of the game come to a close... but the Costa? Whats so special about it? Maybe I could even include it here??

AnthMUFC-Champs

The story would cover,

Story covers,

And they say Grand Theft Auto turns kids into murderers and thieves!

Your project sounds excellent, mate, and I'm glad you bought up seventies NYC pictures. Is this the site?

I absolutely love pictures like this one and this, and this picture is simply amazing.

One, two show in contrast how Harlem was in the 70s, though, and you can almost smell the sleaze in this pic! Brilliant!

Now Jersey - Alderney - I'm not sure whether or not to just exclude it from the map, and increase the size of Bohan (expand South Bohan, add Yankee Stadium etc) and Broker (where a lot of mob activity, such as the Ancelottis, would be rerouted, and would be a world away from its 'hipster' appearance), while the size of Little Italy would be increased back to where you can still see the Italian flags painted on walls driving through Suffolk. What are everyones thoughts on that? Too drastic? confused.gif

@brownbear: I don't think I'm going to involve Ray in any more stories after this one. Even if they would be as early as the late 80s. Someone could come creeping with a gun and kill him the day after the events of the game come to a close... but the Costa? Whats so special about it? Maybe I could even include it here??

Yep thats the site mate wink.gif, and cant wait to see a GTA version of a 70s LC and also my game is allot different however to GTA. I have kind of made it unique and allot of the features and gameplay elements included have never really been seen in a GTA game. I personally am basing the game off what would make the greatest video game in my opinion and thats why i chose it.

BrownBear

Well, I imagine you know the story of the Costa Del Sol?

When loads of British mobsters fled to the south cost of Spain to get away from the law. Once they were there they set up criminal empires along with Colombian, Portugese, Spanish, Dutch gangsters. Films like The Business and Sexy Beast captured it well.

I just thought it would be pretty badass.

Mybe I'll make topic like that someday.

Sanjeem

Well, I imagine you know the story of the Costa Del Sol?

When loads of British mobsters fled to the south cost of Spain to get away from the law. Once they were there they set up criminal empires along with Colombian, Portugese, Spanish, Dutch gangsters. Films like The Business and Sexy Beast captured it well.

I just thought it would be pretty badass.

Mybe I'll make topic like that someday.

Costa del crime is also a key location to inclide some more eastern European Gangsters lets not forget, intresting Article about them, turns out the so called "Russian mafia" in this case is actually from Georgia. If your going to make a topic about Cosa del crime, Eastern european gangsters are a must do.

Here the Link.

Another gang would be some Camorra gangsters, apparently Spain is the number one country the most The Camorra operate in apart from Italy, mostly i would think on garbage disposals. It's actually a pretty neat location.

Back on Topci though, Tyla there is really nothing more i can applaud you for, if i were to applaud you every time it would get f*cking repetative because thats how good i beleive your topic is, Ranked number one in my books, the Dialogue in missions, location and the shear ammount of effort you have put in is fenominal. Sorry Tyla for using this topic for one post as an advertisment for future topics, you don't mind just this once right? I'm just tryna help people

Also who mentioned a Topic in sydney or somthing, have you watched Gangs of Oz? it has middle eastern gangsters also ranging to the more well known Italian Mafia gangs. It also has Triads and many other gangs involved such as Bikers. Heres a video if anybody is interested in making it.

Edited by Sanjeem

BrownBear

Yeah, it was basically all over Europe, North Africa some South American countries all going there.

I believe Tommy's Sydney topic would be set in the 70s, Vietnamese or Middle Eastern gangs wouldn't have been there at that time.

Well, maybe the Vietnamese but only in relatively small way.

TommyMufc-Champs

Yeah I'm considering doing a Sydney concept but first I'm going to finish my IV DLC.

Sanjeem
Yeah I'm considering doing a Sydney concept but first I'm going to finish my IV DLC.

If you need any help from whomever, i am always willing to offer when i'm here on weekends just PM, brownbear might do the same, but this is just an offer.

TommyMufc-Champs

If you need any help from whomever, i am always willing to offer when i'm here on weekends just PM, brownbear might do the same, but this is just an offer.

OK thanks Sanjeem. I'm going to do a sh*t load of work on the weekend for Blood On the Hillside but when It's finished I'm going to do Albion (That's what It's called)

Tyla

Anth: It sounds really good mate, and I'm sure it will turn out that way if you're aiming for what you would class as the greatest game ever made. I wouldn't post anything I wouldn't buy, so very smart of you to look at it that way. Will we ever see the result of your project here (new features maybe?) or is it strictly coursework only?

brownbear: Yeah I know what you mean and I had a think about it. I'm considering basing a drug baron out of the Costa which could maybe create a link between Ray and the area so that it could feature in a one-off mission (like Liberty City). I'd plan for Darren Savage to go on the trot there too, and Ray's cell mate could possibly have something to do with fleeing there? Maybe he could even feature or make some sort of cameo in your story when you do it?

All the gangs and organizations that could possibly feature in the area make it all sound very, very interesting and I'm defiantly open to working the area (or part of it) in somehow. Only problem is the story is pretty much in full swing now so I may just leave it on the back burner.

Sanjeem: Thank you, and I'm fine with this topic being used to discuss ideas, plans and ideas for plot points, so feel free smile.gif

I've no problem with it, and if anything I gain more inspiration to add to my own gangs in this storyline and flesh out their actions better. I probably wouldn't have done the Turks the way I did if the "torture chambers" weren't discussed on one of the back pages.

Tommy: Look forward to seeing the updates to Blood on the Hillside and Albion when it comes around!

This is mission number fifteen - you all may notice it is scarce of dialogue when compared with recent missions. This is because of the nature of the mission and me not knowing a great deal about the events discussed so I didn't want to portray the characters completely out of touch with what their purposes are, and hopefully the descriptions will provide enough background on them. I am however introducing the other Doherty brother - Tony - in a brief cameo, and gave him some dialogue so the character can make an impression tounge.gif Thanks for all the feedback, lads.

Wing Clipped

The car crusher gives a violent squeal of life, the gypsy in the driving seat of the machine hovers the hooks over the roof of a battered and beaten Chavalier. Two men stand on the ground next to the vehicle, one of them being Mack McCann.

Tony: f*ckin’ muck all over the motor, mate. Sure you don’t mind?

Mack: Don’t fret about it.

Tony: A clean job he said. Look at me: head to toe in f*ckin’ claret.

The man walks around to the boot of the car and opens it up. The contents are not revealed but blood stains the area around the panel work.

Tony: Because of you. You f*cking wanker.

He spits on the contents of the boot and shakes his head.

Tony: I’m sorry mate. Let me hook this up here... hmm....

With little reservation he smashes the passenger window with his gloved hand and reins in the crane hook.

Tony: Yeah... thats it.

Mack: Ethan!

McCann waves his arms to the gypsy in the crane and Tony wanders to the open boot one last time.

Tony: Mmmhnn...

Tony observes the dead, cold and limp hand slumped over the rear bumper: the fingernails are seen to be removed, a sign of his caution and thoroughness. He slams the boot; Mack gives the signal to the gypsy to feed the vehicle to the machine and the car is taken into the air. McCann then notices Ray’s arrival.

Mack: Back with you in a moment, Tony.

Mack firstly thanks you for watching out for his nephew, adding that Whelan ‘is a scumbag’ and that he personally confronted him over what happened at the boxing match, the aptly timed crushing of the Chavalier hinting at the outcome of that little meeting. He informs you that Jackie was pleased with how you handled yourself and would like to meet you again, but first he must ask you for another favour: assisting the extended family of one of the clans that inhabit his site. He mentions that they are down from Salford, or Manchester, or ‘some other arsehole of the North’ and are most defiantly hiding out from some trouble they have up there. He points Ray to the caravan plot they are at and departs to handle his affairs with the man at the crusher.

Ray finds two men present at the caravan; one is tall and bulky, a Hunting Shotgun perched on the right shoulder of his black leather jacket, while the other is considerably shorter and thinner, yet appears rather muscular: he sits on the tyre of the caravan, waving a Pistol about unconcerned that there are young children playing nearby and flicking a constant flame out of a lighter. When Ray asks for Desmond, it is the lofty body that steps forth.

Desmond formally introduces himself as Dessie Savage and his associate as Bucky Sligo. He confirms that he is from Salford and is down south on a bit of business: he claims that he cannot stand the ‘soft southern sh*te’ however and blames this for him having few contacts, no friends: nowt – but that Ray will do, should he be interested. Dessie offers you £500 merely for your listening ear with promises of a lot more if you help him out.

Dessie is involved with the AFA (Anti-Fascist-Action) in Manchester and figures that while he is in London he may aswell seize the opportunity to cack all over the National Front at their big do out in the country. He tells of some hardcore bodies he knows that will be at the meet – proclaims that ‘they do not have a f*cking clue’ – and wants to gatecrash their little party while they are still in the media spotlight. He wants to kidnap their top boy – their leader – which is where Ray will come in and snatch him while everybody else is fighting. He promises an extra £1500 for your co-operation: Ray agrees. Bucky wanders off into the caravan to summon the lads.

Take control of the Intruder parked up nearby and make your way to the meet with Desmond and Bucky. The drive will be fairly long – your enemies have obviously picked the location because of it being so reclusive – fire up the Mod Station, take in the scenery and enjoy the ride with The Eton Rifles as your backing track. Bucky will talk in terms of rehearsed propaganda to Ray during the journey, asking him about his background and attempting to coax him into their cause, though Ray declines these advances. Even so, Bucky will continue to talk for the length of the journey about his beliefs and how they are right, and his mask of charm will often fall when questioned to reveal his true, violent demeanour.

When you arrive at the countryside property, park in the marker off the beaten track as not to attract the attention of the guards on the doors and a cutscene will kick in. A number of serious looking individuals will appear out of nowhere from within the wilderness, and are all tooled up with an arsenal of weapons varying from knuckle dusters to baseball bats. They will congregate around Bucky, who recites his plan to lay in wait until the top boy arrives and enters the property, as so they can attack the lot of them while they are all in the one place.

The cutscene will fade out and you will now lay in wait for the arrival of the man in question. Now would be a good time to equip your melee weapon, or if you don’t have one, pick up a nearby Shovel that lies within the leaves next to you. After a short while, a chauffeur driven Panther will travel up the dirt track and park outside the property. Both men get out of the vehicle and talk with the guards before entering the venue to rapturous applause: now you will strike.

Roaring and screaming, charge at the building amongst the group of men and as you storm the house, quickly determine your target from the surprisingly large group of people you are confronted with inside. Those that aren’t on the floor being taken apart will come at you and you are faced with the choice of responding to their violence with your own or going directly for your target, who will be fleeing out the back door. Whatever your choice, Dessie will be at your side as you move throughout the interior; due to his large size, he will plow through your attackers with great ease.

You will find the target to immediately jump in his Panther and attempt an escape. Grab one of the many parked cars outside for yourself and chase after him. He thunders down leafy b-roads, taking corners at breakneck speeds with you biting at his heels. When the moment arises for you to get wheel to wheel with his Panther, swing into the rear of the sports car and force him off the road. He smashes head on into a tree, disabling his vehicle.

Through a cutscene we will see Ray pull up close to the demolished vehicle and rush over to it. The target is screaming, panicking; when it becomes apparent his leg is broken Ray punches him at the point of the break and orders him to shut up. He then fishes him out of the driving seat, and onto the road. The player will then have to drag the man to the boot of Ray’s vehicle, introducing the concept of moving bodies: while locked on, press X/Square to take hold of the body and then transport yourself to the desired location. Hit X/Square again to have Ray toss him in.

Rendezvous with Dessie at a barn nearby to drop the target off and collect your payment. When you arrive, Dessie will appear out of the barn with Bucky Sligo in tow, who appears twistedly happy to be present. Ray is paid his fee and the target is taken off his hands, shoved into the barn for what will be perceived as a lengthy session of torture. The mission fades out to the sound of beating and taunting.

+£2,000

*Upon completion of this mission, you will find a message on your answering machine from Mack McCann, offering himself as backup at any time should you need it as a thank you for assisting his nephew, Seamus. This introduces the 'Favours' concept.

So which one of the Doherty brothers do you guys like best so far, then? tounge2.gif

user posted image

Tony (left) or Jackie (right)? Does Tony seem like the sort of bloke who would be able to keep a bunch of Yardies in check? Does Jackie come across as the brains of the rising stars of the underworld?

Let me know!

Mati

I somehow like Jackie better tounge.gif

Anyways, I gonna read the new mission later since I have to go now.

EDIT: I read it and I have to say: Fu*kin great mate! It is like a movie in my head. I can imagine Tony saying Because of you. You f*cking wanker. with an English accent biggrin.gif . I am not as constructive as Sajeem or the other guys, but I am serious. This game should me made. And R* is stupid if they wont make this. BTW I like that each mission introduces new features smile.gif

Edited by mati1501

AnthMUFC-Champs
Anth: It sounds really good mate, and I'm sure it will turn out that way if you're aiming for what you would class as the greatest game ever made. I wouldn't post anything I wouldn't buy, so very smart of you to look at it that way. Will we ever see the result of your project here (new features maybe?) or is it strictly coursework only?

brownbear: Yeah I know what you mean and I had a think about it. I'm considering basing a drug baron out of the Costa which could maybe create a link between Ray and the area so that it could feature in a one-off mission (like Liberty City). I'd plan for Darren Savage to go on the trot there too, and Ray's cell mate could possibly have something to do with fleeing there? Maybe he could even feature or make some sort of cameo in your story when you do it?

All the gangs and organizations that could possibly feature in the area make it all sound very, very interesting and I'm defiantly open to working the area (or part of it) in somehow. Only problem is the story is pretty much in full swing now so I may just leave it on the back burner.

Sanjeem: Thank you, and I'm fine with this topic being used to discuss ideas, plans and ideas for plot points, so feel free smile.gif

I've no problem with it, and if anything I gain more inspiration to add to my own gangs in this storyline and flesh out their actions better. I probably wouldn't have done the Turks the way I did if the "torture chambers" weren't discussed on one of the back pages.

Tommy: Look forward to seeing the updates to Blood on the Hillside and Albion when it comes around!

This is mission number fifteen - you all may notice it is scarce of dialogue when compared with recent missions. This is because of the nature of the mission and me not knowing a great deal about the events discussed so I didn't want to portray the characters completely out of touch with what their purposes are, and hopefully the descriptions will provide enough background on them. I am however introducing the other Doherty brother - Tony - in a brief cameo, and gave him some dialogue so the character can make an impression tounge.gif Thanks for all the feedback, lads.

Wing Clipped

The car crusher gives a violent squeal of life, the gypsy in the driving seat of the machine hovers the hooks over the roof of a battered and beaten Chavalier. Two men stand on the ground next to the vehicle, one of them being Mack McCann.

Tony: f*ckin’ muck all over the motor, mate. Sure you don’t mind?

Mack: Don’t fret about it.

Tony: A clean job he said. Look at me: head to toe in f*ckin’ claret.

The man walks around to the boot of the car and opens it up. The contents are not revealed but blood stains the area around the panel work.

Tony: Because of you. You f*cking wanker.

He spits on the contents of the boot and shakes his head.

Tony: I’m sorry mate. Let me hook this up here... hmm....

With little reservation he smashes the passenger window with his gloved hand and reins in the crane hook.

Tony: Yeah... thats it.

Mack: Ethan!

McCann waves his arms to the gypsy in the crane and Tony wanders to the open boot one last time.

Tony: Mmmhnn...

Tony observes the dead, cold and limp hand slumped over the rear bumper: the fingernails are seen to be removed, a sign of his caution and thoroughness. He slams the boot; Mack gives the signal to the gypsy to feed the vehicle to the machine and the car is taken into the air. McCann then notices Ray’s arrival.

Mack: Back with you in a moment, Tony.

Mack firstly thanks you for watching out for his nephew, adding that Whelan ‘is a scumbag’ and that he personally confronted him over what happened at the boxing match, the aptly timed crushing of the Chavalier hinting at the outcome of that little meeting. He informs you that Jackie was pleased with how you handled yourself and would like to meet you again, but first he must ask you for another favour: assisting the extended family of one of the clans that inhabit his site. He mentions that they are down from Salford, or Manchester, or ‘some other arsehole of the North’ and are most defiantly hiding out from some trouble they have up there. He points Ray to the caravan plot they are at and departs to handle his affairs with the man at the crusher.

Ray finds two men present at the caravan; one is tall and bulky, a Hunting Shotgun perched on the right shoulder of his black leather jacket, while the other is considerably shorter and thinner, yet appears rather muscular: he sits on the tyre of the caravan, waving a Pistol about unconcerned that there are young children playing nearby and flicking a constant flame out of a lighter. When Ray asks for Desmond, it is the lofty body that steps forth.

Desmond formally introduces himself as Dessie Savage and his associate as Bucky Sligo. He confirms that he is from Salford and is down south on a bit of business: he claims that he cannot stand the ‘soft southern sh*te’ however and blames this for him having few contacts, no friends: nowt – but that Ray will do, should he be interested. Dessie offers you £500 merely for your listening ear with promises of a lot more if you help him out.

Dessie is involved with the AFA (Anti-Fascist-Action) in Manchester and figures that while he is in London he may aswell seize the opportunity to cack all over the National Front at their big do out in the country. He tells of some hardcore bodies he knows that will be at the meet – proclaims that ‘they do not have a f*cking clue’ – and wants to gatecrash their little party while they are still in the media spotlight. He wants to kidnap their top boy – their leader – which is where Ray will come in and snatch him while everybody else is fighting. He promises an extra £1500 for your co-operation: Ray agrees. Bucky wanders off into the caravan to summon the lads.

Take control of the Intruder parked up nearby and make your way to the meet with Desmond and Bucky. The drive will be fairly long – your enemies have obviously picked the location because of it being so reclusive – fire up the Mod Station, take in the scenery and enjoy the ride with The Eton Rifles as your backing track. Bucky will talk in terms of rehearsed propaganda to Ray during the journey, asking him about his background and attempting to coax him into their cause, though Ray declines these advances. Even so, Bucky will continue to talk for the length of the journey about his beliefs and how they are right, and his mask of charm will often fall when questioned to reveal his true, violent demeanour.

When you arrive at the countryside property, park in the marker off the beaten track as not to attract the attention of the guards on the doors and a cutscene will kick in. A number of serious looking individuals will appear out of nowhere from within the wilderness, and are all tooled up with an arsenal of weapons varying from knuckle dusters to baseball bats. They will congregate around Bucky, who recites his plan to lay in wait until the top boy arrives and enters the property, as so they can attack the lot of them while they are all in the one place.

The cutscene will fade out and you will now lay in wait for the arrival of the man in question. Now would be a good time to equip your melee weapon, or if you don’t have one, pick up a nearby Shovel that lies within the leaves next to you. After a short while, a chauffeur driven Panther will travel up the dirt track and park outside the property. Both men get out of the vehicle and talk with the guards before entering the venue to rapturous applause: now you will strike.

Roaring and screaming, charge at the building amongst the group of men and as you storm the house, quickly determine your target from the surprisingly large group of people you are confronted with inside. Those that aren’t on the floor being taken apart will come at you and you are faced with the choice of responding to their violence with your own or going directly for your target, who will be fleeing out the back door. Whatever your choice, Dessie will be at your side as you move throughout the interior; due to his large size, he will plow through your attackers with great ease.

You will find the target to immediately jump in his Panther and attempt an escape. Grab one of the many parked cars outside for yourself and chase after him. He thunders down leafy b-roads, taking corners at breakneck speeds with you biting at his heels. When the moment arises for you to get wheel to wheel with his Panther, swing into the rear of the sports car and force him off the road. He smashes head on into a tree, disabling his vehicle.

Through a cutscene we will see Ray pull up close to the demolished vehicle and rush over to it. The target is screaming, panicking; when it becomes apparent his leg is broken Ray punches him at the point of the break and orders him to shut up. He then fishes him out of the driving seat, and onto the road. The player will then have to drag the man to the boot of Ray’s vehicle, introducing the concept of moving bodies: while locked on, press X/Square to take hold of the body and then transport yourself to the desired location. Hit X/Square again to have Ray toss him in.

Rendezvous with Dessie at a barn nearby to drop the target off and collect your payment. When you arrive, Dessie will appear out of the barn with Bucky Sligo in tow, who appears twistedly happy to be present. Ray is paid his fee and the target is taken off his hands, shoved into the barn for what will be perceived as a lengthy session of torture. The mission fades out to the sound of beating and taunting.

+£2,000

*Upon completion of this mission, you will find a message on your answering machine from Mack McCann, offering himself as backup at any time should you need it as a thank you for assisting his nephew, Seamus. This introduces the 'Favours' concept.

So which one of the Doherty brothers do you guys like best so far, then? tounge2.gif

user posted image

Tony (left) or Jackie (right)? Does Tony seem like the sort of bloke who would be able to keep a bunch of Yardies in check? Does Jackie come across as the brains of the rising stars of the underworld?

Let me know!

Once its all done i could send you a PM of the design document which is 50 pages long but as for posting i am not sure if i am allowed to make it public we will just have to wait and see.

Also i think that Costa Del Sol idea sounds great and would make a real interesting game, however Tyla your work on this concept is outstanding and i cant wait to see the finished version. icon14.gif

BrownBear

Loving the mission mate, I hope the Pikeys will feature some more, they could make for some really unique characters.

At the moment I've got loads of ideas in my head for concepts, the main ones being:

US/Mexico border

70s New Orleans

80s Philadelphia

Chicago

Detroit

80s Cost Del Sol

WHat do you guys think?

Akavari

Loving the mission mate, I hope the Pikeys will feature some more, they could make for some really unique characters.

At the moment I've got loads of ideas in my head for concepts, the main ones being:

US/Mexico border

70s New Orleans

80s Philadelphia

Chicago

Detroit

80s Cost Del Sol

WHat do you guys think?

Philadelphia inlove.gif

I would love to see a GTA in Philly, there's actually a lot of good mafia action there. You could also include New Jersey (Guernsey or whatever they call it in IV) and Atlantic City, since that is pretty much the gambling mecca of the east cost.