3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Tyla

Grand Theft Auto IV: London

Finite

I...I...Think i'm in love inlove.gif great job Tyla A-MAY-ZING!

Vercetti27
clerkenwell mob! wow.gif

They're in as the Doherty Crime Syndicate wink.gif

you've thought of everything! biggrin.gif

DreamsLieHere

Simply brilliant Ty. Love your work on this one.

Johnny-Tightlips

were Russian spies in London alot at the time, i know in 2006 they were...

MikeWh

I can provide some police information: Firstly, One and two stars is fine, after that Special Patrol Group (now TSG) will come after you, you should have Area CID coming after you on 3 stars, who could draw firearms until 1994. then on 6 stars PT17 will come after you (they became SO19 in 1990!).

Also, just because it's cool, can a police officer be called Frank Burnside? (Suggest you Google that one if you don't know who he was!)

Tyla

Glad you like the idea, guys.

i just think having one of the five families in London a little odd if you ask me, and i woudn't make the mafia a big thing in london on the whole anyway.

The Pavanos will appear in one mission; as creditors to a supporting character. They won't have territory in London nor will they appear outside of the mission. I don't like the idea of creating another mafia 'clan' specifically for this, as I would rather give some history and back story to an existing family that, come this 1982 period, were supposed to be the biggest in Liberty City, if not the country. But as far as they're concerned, they won't make an appearance after their Long Good Friday inspired mission as financial backers.

I'm also toying with the idea of involving the Gambetti Family and a one-mission cameo for Liberty City. I know I'm going to come in for some stick for my ideas, especially the gangs (who in their right mind would include a bunch of 'Mancs in a London game??) but it's a point for discussion tounge2.gif

were Russian spies in London alot at the time, i know in 2006 they were...

I'm not really sure, I've never really looked into the possibility of foreign spies and know nothing of all that espionage business. A government figure will be involved in the story, but the secrets involved will be of concern to the British. If you've seen 'The Bank Job' or heard about John Bindon, you'll know where I'm going with it.

I can provide some police information: Firstly, One and two stars is fine, after that Special Patrol Group (now TSG) will come after you, you should have Area CID coming after you on 3 stars, who could draw firearms until 1994. then on 6 stars PT17 will come after you (they became SO19 in 1990!).

Also, just because it's cool, can a police officer be called Frank Burnside? (Suggest you Google that one if you don't know who he was!)

I know who Burnside is! Didn't they end up giving him his own show in the end? I need some cool names for a couple of the police officers so I'll defiantly consider it and any other suggestions.

Thanks for the police information too, I'll try and include it when I next update this topic.

Also coming soon;

Missions Six & Seven,

Radio Station Eleven - Progressive Rock

Updated Criminal Rating system, how it will be used and what it will be for

Television Shows

Stay tuned cool.gif

Tyla

Suggested listening:

Window Shopping

You enter The Crown. It’s quiet and deserted; a drunken old man, the sole customer in sight, props up the bar. You immediately rouse the attention of the bartender.

Ray: Pint of lager, Harry.

The barkeep does as he is told and the golden shower of Pißwasser soon begins to flow from the pump and into a glass; Harry hands it to you.

-£1

Harry: Your brother’s in the back. He’s been on the blower all day.

The camera changes its focus to Dave in the back room, leaning up against the wall with the receiver up against his ear. When he finally speaks, his tone is low and rehearsed.

Dave: Just give him his pills and send him to bed, alright? He’ll calm down. Look, Sandra, he can’t go back. He’s only just got out. Okay... alright... make sure you give me a bell later on. T’ra.

Almost upon the instant Dave places the telephone back on the base it begins to ring again.

Dave: Hello?

Dave sighs, his face deflating with a deep sigh.

Dave: Hamit...

Dave: I’ll have it all by next week, there’s no need for...

All that needed to be said had been said; Hamit cut him off in an instant and the line went dead. We see an increasingly frustrated Dave gritting his teeth at the prospect of threats he has just received; he then begins to smash the phone off the base until it eventually tumbles off the wall. The camera follows him as he storms off into the bar, showing Ray hovering over his now empty pint glass.

Ray: Oi, laughing boy.

Dave turns upon hearing the familiar hoarse voice and joins him at the bar without hesitation, looking obviously pleased that at Ray’s presence. After little exchanges of small talk Dave soon proceeds to fill Ray in on his wishes to acquire some brand new, state of the art, Widescreen colour television sets for sale to his fence, conversations with his Turkish creditors leaving him with an urgent lust for money. According to him, the local Sumo outlet has just received a large shipment of these at their super store in North London and if you are able to steal them for him, Dave will pay you ‘handsomely’.

Take the Luton that is parked outside and travel to the shopping centre. The mall closes at 8pm so you are free to drive at your own pace as it will not reopen until ten the next morning. When you arrive at the marker, you find it blanketed in darkness. We watch Ray looking around for the Sumo store, being somewhat amazed at the scale of the venue as it was not constructed before he went to prison. His eyes lock on to the outlet and the camera pans around to show the window display, complete with outrageous advertisements for the fantastic new models. The engine then begins to turn over once again and you are placed back in control.

In the corner of the screen you are reminded that the venue has security guards stationed at night and upon disturbance they will inform the police... but what are they between you and a pay day? Begin to accelerate towards the store, building up as much speed as you can get out of the heavy van and plunge through the front window. Immediately apply the brakes, watching glass vault off the van and come to a stop in the store. Slide open the side panel door of the Luton and hurry to collect the television sets; as many as you can get before the police arrive. Press X/Square to lift a TV and hurry it to the van, pressing the same controls again to place them inside. Once you have five, you will be prompted to escape, but be sure to take a look in the cash register before you leave and pick up the £250 in contents.

Upon shutting the side door & entering the Luton you will be directed to the approach of two Police Response cars who have been informed of a ram raid attack on one of the outer stores. They will catch sight of you as soon as you reverse out of the store and sit side by side entrapping your escape via the route you came in. Immediately hurtle towards the entrance of the shopping centre; you will now make your escape through the mall. The V8 police vehicles come to life with a roar upon sight of you moving towards the entrance and they will now give pursuit. Smash through the entrance as you did the glass front of the Sumo store, navigating the van around the mall as the Hunters follow you in. The Luton is heavy and handles like a Tank and you won’t be able to outrun the famously speedy police response cars on speed alone. Instead use your vehicle as if it were a battering ram and plow through the various stalls and stores like a hot knife through butter in an attempt to lose them. Make a point of looking out for central reservations though as hitting the reservations will overturn the van.

Despite your attempts to escape the police will stick to you like glue through the mall and follow your tactics of smashing through stores in attempts to get in front of you and force you off your path. Cut them up to block their advances and eventually one of the cars will smash into a trail of your debris and be turned over onto its roof. The second car then smashes into it and the driver loses control; turn your view to the rear of you to watch it smash into a building and provide no further attempts at pursuit, leaving you to make your exit through the glass entrance and get back onto the main road.

Head back to the Crown to deliver the goods to Dave. He expresses his delight you getting the television sets and plans to take one of them for himself to use at the flat. After running back into the pub, he returns with money from the safe and pays you a grand in advance for your work which he will recover when he offloads the electronics.

Mission Complete – Reward: £1000

*After completion of this mission, you will receive a phone call from Dave which will trigger the beginning of the Burglary side missions becoming available. Selecting his name and 'Burglary' at a telephone or phone booth will begin the mission.

**You will find the old black and white television replaced with one of the televisions you stole from the mall when you return to your safehouse.

Inspiration tounge.gif

MikeWh
I know who Burnside is! Didn't they end up giving him his own show in the end? I need some cool names for a couple of the police officers so I'll defiantly consider it and any other suggestions.

Thanks for the police information too, I'll try and include it when I next update this topic.

Ooh, Reg Hollis, Bob Cryer and Frank Burnside would be great police officers... moto_whistle.gif

Akavari

How long have you been working on this concept? I'd imagine you had at least some of the story written up ahead of time

Tyla

Ooh, Reg Hollis, Bob Cryer and Frank Burnside would be great police officers... moto_whistle.gif

I could put Burnside in and have a character like himself play off the Gene Hunt styled character, maybe involved undercover, or taking backhanders? Possibly even competing for the main character's bollocks on a plate??

How long have you been working on this concept? I'd imagine you had at least some of the story written up ahead of time

I had the first topic up in June (?) last year with a little bit of a story but have since abandoned it. I've been working on this on and off for a few months... changing names, doing the soundtrack, writing things up and adding the features, which I wanted to get out of the way first because it's no good putting a London topic on here without any pull to it!

I don't have any story written up, though. I've written all the missions up from scratch here then posted them up. I have an idea of what I want to do with characters and plots and roles, but I would rather develop them through the missions first as to see what people think. I think it's important I build up the main character first and give an impression of the type of protagonist I'm trying to create. finn4life (I think) said a couple of pages back that he seems like Tommy Vercetti, which is defiantly what I'm going for; a character that knows exactly what he is, a criminal, and wants his piece.

Prasdana

will Raymond come to USA? ( maybe Liberty City)

EDIT: is he also a psychopath?

Tyla

I'm thinking about giving Liberty City a cameo. Ray will reignite his career as a bareknuckle boxer throughout the course of the story and eventually regain his once prolific reputation in the ring which will prompt the involvement of some mafia 'investors' who would like to organize a fight between him and another boxer, supposedly the best fighter in Liberty City. I put the idea out there a few posts back and didn't really get a response... so I don't know.

I'm not writing Ray as a psycho... whether or not he appears as one will be up to how you interpret his actions. Bucky Sligo on the other hand, will be absolutely psychotic.

Prasdana

ok I got it.

Tyla

“Ray, its Len. Look, the club’s been done over...”

Clubbed

Take a car and meet Lenny at the Lyons Den. You arrive to find the club closed, Lenny is standing outside with a Baseball Bat in his hand.

Lenny: It's just 'round the corner.

Lenny gets into your vehicle and a blip appears on your map nearby; Leicester Square. Len will explain that the club was overran and smashed up by bouncers belonging to a rival security firm after he refused to pay protection money to their boss. Although he is not a gangster himself the man has quite the reputation and has been throwing his weight around trying to exploit this by demanding payments from clubs in the West End, promising to turn over anyone who doesn’t abide by his requests.

You will leave your vehicle upon entering the marker and walk with Lenny to a back alley opposite the nightclub the rivals are based at, which is open and packed with clubbers, more queuing up outside in hope of getting inside. The alley is populated with Lenny’s boys, tooled up with weapons ranging from crowbars to koshes, and they greet Lenny with a warm anticipation to get their own back. You are all given instructions to descend on the bouncers first and then proceed to trash the venue.

Upon the resuming of gameplay, you will walk with Lenny’s boys out of the alley and towards the club. Once they begin to run at the door, charge with them, equipping your melee of choice. Those queuing up will repel in horror at the site of the mounting attack and Lenny’s boys will begin to beat the two men on the door, forcing them into the club and trampling them under the charge. You will meet five bouncers inside amongst the swarming crowds; all of them are armed in some form or another with bats to knuckle dusters. Choose to go at them with either your melee or alternatively use your environment to your advantage. Environmental weapons are all around you, all with a slight golden glow about them. Those available include Ashtrays, Beer Glasses, Bottles and a fire extinguisher and can be taken into your inventory by the simple press of LB/L1.

Once the five bouncers have been downed you will meet the man behind the attack on the den in person. Almost bear-like, he will come at you from close proximity and will confront you immediately. Hit him with your best the moment he comes near to you; to your surprise, he will absorb ‘your best’ as if it were nothing. He will then return the favour with three shots of his own which you must block as he is unusually quick aswell as powerful so you cannot afford to be caught in a combo. Eventually you will be thrown into a grapple with him, frantically trying to get control of him and keep him at bay. Throw in a headbutt when the opportunity arises and the moment he stumbles back, smash him in the face with the ashtray. He can’t take that and you can now go to town on him. Lenny joins in the beating, and the two of you kick him into eventual unconsciousness on the floor.

Be sure to smash everything you can within your surroundings as you leave the club, Lenny ordering everyone to make for it as police sirens can be heard in close proximity. Run a short distance to evade any notice with the mission coming to an end once you are free of the hot zone.

Mission Complete – Reward: £500

*You will receive a telephone call from Lenny after completion of this mission thanking you for your involvement in getting even and he praises your fighting skills. He offers you some debt collection work and tells you to see him at his place.

Edited by Tyla

Tyla

Updates!

Added Progressive Rock station to the OP: Track listing is as follows,

Alan Parsons Project – Sirius/Eye in the Sky

Electric Light Orchestra – 10538 Overture

Emerson, Lake & Palmer – Fanfare For The Common Man

Focus – Hocus Pocus

Genesis – Dancing With The Moonlit Knight

Jethro Tull – Aqualung

King Crimson – One More Red Nightmare

Marillion – Market Square Heroes

Pink Floyd – Time

Procul Harum – Conquistador

Rush – Xanadu

Uriah Heep – Bird Of Prey

Yes – Sound Chaser

Made a start on updating the Wanted System with the contributions from Mike. I'm planning to break down and make descriptions of the units that would be involved in attempting to capture the player - where they would be posted, when would they appear, what they're behaviour is, etc - over the course of the weekend. I'm also thinking about introducing an aspect of hostage negotiation, should you take an innocent hostage to defend yourself from the police. What are thoughts on this?? In addition, would people prefer the SAS hitsquad - a mission of pure survival and not conflict - or D11 (Armed Response, the equivalent of NOOSE) at six stars?

Akavari

Updates!

Focus – Hocus Pocus

Jethro Tull – Aqualung

Pink Floyd – Time

Rush – Xanadu

Yes – Sound Chaser

Made a start on updating the Wanted System with the contributions from Mike. I'm planning to break down and make descriptions of the units that would be involved in attempting to capture the player - where they would be posted, when would they appear, what they're behaviour is, etc - over the course of the weekend. I'm also thinking about introducing an aspect of hostage negotiation, should you take an innocent hostage to defend yourself from the police. What are thoughts on this?? In addition, would people prefer the SAS hitsquad - a mission of pure survival and not conflict - or D11 (Armed Response, the equivalent of NOOSE) at six stars?

I like the idea of a hostage taking situation...maybe you could take a whole building hostage and the police will surround the building with a negotiator calling out to you on a megaphone. And you can make demands, like request an Infernus and $50,000, and they will bring it to you.

edit: Maybe this would be way too complicated. It would make for a great mission idea though icon14.gif

Tyla

Updates!

Focus – Hocus Pocus

Jethro Tull – Aqualung

Pink Floyd – Time

Rush – Xanadu

Yes – Sound Chaser

I like the idea of a hostage taking situation...maybe you could take a whole building hostage and the police will surround the building with a negotiator calling out to you on a megaphone. And you can make demands, like request an Infernus and $50,000, and they will bring it to you.

edit: Maybe this would be way too complicated. It would make for a great mission idea though icon14.gif

I like the idea of making demands. The ability to take the whole building hostage would be awesome!! I will introduce human shields/hostage taking in mission ten to give a picture of the system I made; it will go hand in hand with intimidation which will also be introduced soon. I might even evolve hostage taking into a kidnapping side mission, where the player would be required to snatch V.I.P targets and make demands.

Prasdana

who's Raymond's sidekick?

Tyla

who's Raymond's sidekick?

I never really thought of giving him a sidekick. Do you think I should?

Prasdana

it's up to you, just asking and can I use Raymond and Bucky Sligo on my topic? if you allow me they will be in Las Venturas. and their ages will be same like on your concept

Edited by Prasdana

Tyla

What year is your topic set in?

Prasdana

2010 but their ages will be same like in your topic or they will get older if you want to make crosscover

Tyla

I wouldn't like Raymond Caine to appear... only because the storyline is to be open ended and without a definite conclusion. He would probably be dead by 2010, or living on the 'Costa.

Bucky Sligo isn't my character, so you can do what you like with him smile.gif

BrownBear

Buck Sligo's dead in 2010.

Prasdana

lol thanks Tyla biggrin.gif

EDIT: lol I dot know Bucky was a GTA IV characters so I guess he had a younger brother or his son

Edited by Prasdana

Tyla

Plot Points

The Gold

Loosely based on the 1983 Brink’s MAT Robbery

Ray becomes involved with a large amount of stolen gold through a robbery organized by the Doherty brothers. A five strong crew is formed and a plot is orchestrated by Jackie Doherty to gain entrance to a warehouse at Heathrow Airport with the help of a security guard of relation to the youngest Doherty brother, Craig. A safe containing one million pounds is the target; the crew are informed that the guard knows the combination and that he will open it.

It transpires that the guard does not remember the combination and it will appear the gang will leave empty handed. Tony Doherty will threaten the guard and begin to take his frustration out on him and his surroundings, leading to the accidental discovery of three million pounds worth of gold bullion in a separate room. The gold is loaded into the two Securicars as the money would have been and transported to the Doherty warehouse.

The bullion is melted down by an associate of the Doherty’s and sold on; the money is then distributed between the six parties involved though they are warned not to make extravagant purchases. Many involved do not heed this warning and paranoid they will be found out and imprisoned, the Doherty brothers employ Ray to murder all involved and reclaim the cash for themselves.

The Heist

Ray’s involvement with Desmond Savage extends to participating in small scale armed robberies with his Irish-American associate, Bucky Sligo. Dessie will eventually begin to plot a daring heist of the fictional Bank of London in the heart of the city involving Raymond, Bucky, and his fellow Irish-American associate Derrick McReary. They expect to gain one million pounds with as little work as possible due to Savage’s careful planning.

The gang kidnap an employee of the bank and force them to comply with the robbery, informing him that he will allow them entry to the bank during the night and lead them to the vault. Derrick and Ray will also break into Battersea Power Station and rig explosive charges to the generators; these will be detonated before the robbery commences as to disable the alarm system. This also plunges the city into darkness.

McReary will gain the three-man crew access to the vault and they will then make their escape. When they come to leave, they are faced with the bank being surrounded completely by armed police who have seemingly been tipped off by a rat. An armed onslaught begins, led by Sligo, and the three men must battle their way through the unlit city streets to a getaway boat at the river which will be used to travel to the rendezvous point.

The Heroin

Originally bought to London by the Turkish Mafia, the Heroin was entrusted by the Turks into the protection of the much maligned Caine Firm whilst they searched for a buyer. The Heroin was then stolen from Terry Travers, a member of the Firm who had been assigned to watch it, by muscle working on behalf of the Triads. Dave Caine then proceeded to loan money from low-level Turkish thugs to appease the Mafia whilst trying to recover the Heroin. These attempts evolved to the involvement of Raymond Caine, who is told by the Mafia to recover the Heroin from the Triads.

The Turkish Mafia then attempt to sell the Heroin to the Yardies; the Triads attack the deal and everything goes spare with the Yardies turning on the Turks and the whole agreement turning into bloodshed. The player is left in control of the Heroin of which he takes for himself. Raymond rips off the Turks and orchestrates his own deal with an offshore drug baron known only as Soloman; Ray does not trust his buyer however and demands a sum of £500,000 up front, which he is granted.

The Mafia then strike a deal with the Yardie to recover the Heroin and during a race-riot, the Yardie make their play whilst Raymond is away from his flat pushing the violent rioters back. They break in and beat Dave Caine to a pulp, stealing the gear and leaving him for dead in the burning apartment. The Heroin is then sold on and Raymond has to recover his profits through means of ‘taxing’ the street dealers.

The Photographs

Loosely based on: 1971 Baker Street Robbery/The Bank Job

The Photographs are highly classified snaps of a royal Princess of the fictional monarchy liaising with a gangster (alluded to being either George Caine or Jimmy Mickelthwaite, both playboy gangsters) on a tropical island. Stored in the depths of the vault within the Bank of London, they become Bucky Sligo’s secret main motive for breaking into the bank.

Raymond learns of these photographs through a meeting with an MI5 Agent who needs him to infiltrate the robbery and recover the photographs from Sligo’s possession in the urgent needs of the British government. To further assure Ray’s co-operation, he informs him that Bucky Sligo and Derrick McReary are IRA men and that he had been assigned to follow Sligo’s movements ever since his escape from Wormwood Scrubs during a riot.

Raymond agrees to co-operate and is told that the police will be instructed to stay away from the bank, allowing him to get hold of the photographs. Events do not go as planned however and take a sinister turn for the worse, leaving Ray facing violent retribution from the IRA and the notorious Savage Crime Family of Manchester.

Also added this to the OP to link to an overview of some of the story's main events

Edited by Tyla

Tyla

lol thanks Tyla  biggrin.gif

EDIT: lol I dot know Bucky was a GTA IV characters so I guess he had a younger brother or his son

Sorry for the double post,

Bucky Sligo was the target Niko was sent to kill in ''Smackdown'' by Derrick McReary. They both served in the troubles in Northern Ireland and after Derrick was outed as a rat in the late nineties, Bucky threatened to murder Derrick and his entire family. I put both of the characters in here to give them some back story, and mainly to show why Derrick became the decrepit drug-addicted mess he was in IV smile.gif Hopefully it makes sense.

san andreas state
2010 but their ages will be same like in your topic or they will get older if you want to make crosscover

Prasdana just stop with the crossovers, your topic is in a 2010 San Andreas and your making crossovers with LC DLC's and 1960's London, it will never work, just make your own characters and be happy.

Prasdana

Prasdana just stop with the crossovers, your topic is in a 2010 San Andreas and your making crossovers with LC DLC's and 1960's London, it will never work, just make your own characters and be happy.

you right man, my bad blush.gif

Tyla yeah it will make senses smile.gif

Tyla

Feedback appreciated as always guys

Opium Trail

Return to the pub to see Dave about the debt. Ray finds it completely empty and his brother no where in sight. He takes a bottle of beer for himself and begins to drink it at the bar while waiting.

A gunman suddenly begins to approach him from behind, holding a Pistol. Hearing the footsteps approaching and upon turning realises it isn’t his brother; Ray smashes the bottle off the bar and holds it towards the gunman, thinking it is a robbery.

Ray: I’m givin’ you three seconds to f*ck off... before I stick this bottle up your arse.

We hear a muffled voice; Dave Caine. Ray is stopped from following through on his threat by the appearance of a further two men, one with Dave in a headlock and a Pistol to his head. The camera focuses on the Pistol digging deeper into his temple; Dave grimaces, and finally instructs you not to hurt the other man. They then shove him into the corner and focus their attention solely on Ray, the gunman backing away.

Mehmet: My name is Mehmet. I represent some people very keen on assisting your brother with his debts... if you can assist us with our own ‘troubles’.

The camera focuses on Ray, sizing Mehmet up.

Ray: Go on.

Mehmet: Me and my people wish that you recover the merchandise that your brother and father ‘lost’. Those who stole it will be moving to transport it out of the country from the docks in Battersea. Make sure this does not happen.

Ray remains silent for a moment, sparing a glance at his brother. After brief thoughts, he returns his look to Mehmet.

Ray: This wipes his debt.

Mehmet: It clears interest... and we forget about what you did to our collector.

Ray: Alright.

Mehmet: When you have the product, deliver it to Sheesh! Kebab; we will take care of it from there.

Do not disappoint us, Mr. Caine. We have already been very tolerant of your family.

After the cutscene is over, you are placed back in control of Ray outside the pub. You will find he is now in possession of a Pistol, your first firearm of the game. Immediately take a car and head to the docks at Battersea, time is of the essence.

A yellow marker will be present a short distance away from a black Pony that is parked next to the dock. A boat is present with three Triads on board, whilst two fellow chinamen are standing guard by the van.

Whilst they are unloading the drugs from the van, approach the Pony from an angle as not to be caught in the line of sight. Draw your Pistol and sneak up behind the Triad standing near the passenger door. Lock onto him using R2/RT and as you near the back of him, tap R1/RB. Ray will Pistol whip the man on the back of the head, knocking him out cold, and will lower his unconscious body to the floor.

The other man calls out to the workers that he is going to start the van up. You cannot allow this to happen; approach him from behind as you did with the other man while he is directing orders and lock onto him using the same process. When you are close to him, lock on and tap Square/X to take him hostage. Ray will take hold of him and you will be able to lock on to the nearest Triad. Using the < and > buttons, you are able to dictate how the situation turns out by ordering your hostage to join the others or by ordering the Triads to load the van back up.

Ray: Put the drugs back in the van or I blow his f*ckin’ head off!

The Triads choose to comply and begin to bring the drugs back to the van. As they return to the boat though, they talk incomprehensibly amongst each other and take a sudden cover within the hull of the boat producing Pistols and Micro SMGs.

Fire at them and instantly move towards the van for cover. The hostage you have hold of will act as a human shield and sustain three or four bullets before dying, giving you plenty of time to get to cover. Hang around the body of the Pony and take care of the Micro SMG wielding Triad first as though the weapon is fairly inaccurate it has a great rate of fire and bullets will be flying everywhere so murder him quickly to avoid your tyres getting shot out. Once he is dead the other two will be easy pickings and you will finish them off with relative ease.

A Cutscene will kick in as you approach the boat. Ray is unloading the rest of the drugs when another vehicle will arrive with two men inside. It transpires that Ray is familiar with them; they are members of the Mickelthwaite Gang who run South London. One of them is Jimmy Mickelthwaite.

Jimmy: Bugger me sideways! Raymond Caine... what the bloody ‘ell are you doing here? I thought you were...

Ray: Early release. Good behaviour.

Jimmy tuts, observing the dead bodies of the Triads. He appears to twitch out of his own control, looking as though he is in another world.

Ray: Nice seeing you again, Jimbo... now f*ck off back into your hole. I’m busy.

Jimmy: I can see that Raymond, but I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Jimmy draws a Colt Python.

Jimmy: Hand over the gear son. Claret need not be spilt.

Ray laughs.

Ray: Whats the matter Jim? Can’t go out on the nonce without an arm full of powder?

Jimmy: Enough of your lip.

Jimmy trains the Revolver on Ray and is ready to fire. Ray grabs the Micro SMG from the back of the van and fires at the both of them. He misses Jimmy due to the inaccuracy of the weapon but slays the other man. Jimmy comes up from behind his Wellard, intent on firing. Ray takes cover behind one of the van’s back doors as a bullet destined for his head slams into the panel work. He then makes a rush for the driver’s seat.

You are now back in control of Ray. Immediately reverse out of the dock as Jimmy fires at you; do a 360 degree turn and accelerate away as Mickelthwaite climbs into his car ready to give chase. Jimmy’s Wellard generally has the speed advantage on your Pony but he will not be able to do much damage to you due to the slow firing rate of his Colt Python. You will need to drive cleverly in order to lose him down back alleys and force him to crash into traffic but more so due to the risk of one of his bullets hitting your fuel tank and blowing you sky high.

Once you have lost Jimmy, you will be prompted to deliver the Pony to your contact. Your contacts are waiting for you in an alleyway next to the Kebab Shop in North London. You arrive to find a group of young middle eastern lads awaiting your arrival; they appear excitable, feeble minded and somewhat in awe as you as ‘a real criminal’. They are overshadowed by a rather menacing heavy; he slaps one of the boys around the back of the head and shoves him towards the doors of the Pony.

Heavy: (in Turkish) Unload it now, motherf*ckers!

It is stated to Ray by the heavy in somewhat poor English that it is their job to test the quality of the drugs and to repackage it for sale whenever the big boss wants it gone. He then instructs him to make contact with Mehmet at the pub; you can do so by using the telephone box around the corner.

Mehmet: It is done?

Ray: Yeah, its done. Your lads have got the skag.

Mehmet: The interest of your brother’s debt is no longer so. We will be in touch with further instruction.

The line goes dead.

Mission Complete – Reward: £1000

Edited by Tyla