3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

With no 3D card and 2 GB RAM

Tashan

I am currently playing San Andreas on my PC with no 3D card rendering and the game is going smooth since my 8-9 months play and no problems as far as game crashing or performance wise.

Though some points are remaining for which i need some advise in order to have some solution/alternative for them:-

1. Despite no 3D card - game is smooth but only downpart is the draw distance and playing frame limiter ON which makes it run with hiccups though yet playable.

Is it important to install 3D card??.... Will it change the mood of my gameplay??

...turning frame limiter OFF stops the disturbances but still can't get my draw distance more than 6-7 which gives choppy but smooth gameplay. Any alternatives for this????

2. I have 2 GB RAM and running on Intel Atom Processor (the worst) and still no problems.

Should i upgrade to Intel Duo or Core??? ...Will it change the mood of my gameplay??

...having high end processor above 2Ghz makes the difference or more RAM make the game run faster???...becoz many processors having good processor speed run badly with 512MB RAM and vice versa...Need help in understanding the difference

Thanking You

First off, I doubt you built that computer.

So tell us your computer brand and model.

And second: You most likely have an integrated GPU. You would not be able to play ANY 3D game without of GPU.

Considering the fact that he's using an Intel Atom, which are most commonly found in netbooks, which have no optical drives, leads me to believe he pirated the game.

Aside from that, your PC is too sh*tty to upgrade. If you want to upgrade to something more modern, you'll need a desktop. Not a netbook.

I am not an expert but have good knowledge about computers.

Yes it is assembled not a brand but since games are resource heavy i upgraded from celeron to Intel atom and P3 processor and game is downloaded from my friend and it is perfect and completed my game without problems.

Other details:

CPU D410 @ 1.66 Ghz

1.96 GB RAM

I need expert advise as to what particulars will make my PC good enough to handle SA and GTA 4 or any future games without any problems, mainly, Graphics, Speed and Processor details!

You most likely have an integrated GPU. You would not be able to play ANY 3D game without of GPU.

I have no idea about it so can't understand the requirement. But i am playing without 3D Card installed!

Considering the fact that he's using an Intel Atom, which are most commonly found in netbooks, which have no optical drives, leads me to believe he pirated the game.

Aside from that, your PC is too sh*tty to upgrade. If you want to upgrade to something more modern, you'll need a desktop. Not a netbook

Game is downloaded and original only fact - it is RIP version. yes it is high time i want to upgrade and dats why am looking for good specifications

Edited by shrekdj

For almost every generation of Intel CPUs, there is always a Celeron.

P3 and Celeron can literally be in the same class. Atom will be the newest CPU, but its also the weakest.

Besides that, its embedded and Intel has a strict regulation about it so you can go out, buy yourself a Atom chip

and drop it into your board.

What Ryan said is right as Atom are mostly found in netbooks, but they're also found in nettops.

Atoms support HT so a single core will have 4 threads while dual cores will have 4 threads.

Certain Atom will have Nvidia ION which is a platform housing a Intel Atom along with a Nvidia GeForce 9400M GPU.

I am not an expert but have good knowledge about computers.

Yes it is assembled not a brand but since games are resource heavy i upgraded from celeron to Intel atom and P3 processor and game is downloaded from my friend and it is perfect and completed my game without problems.

Other details:

CPU D410 @ 1.66 Ghz

1.96 GB RAM

I need expert advise as to what particulars will make my PC good enough to handle SA and GTA 4 or any future games without any problems, mainly, Graphics, Speed and Processor details!

That's what I'm trying to tell you. You have a netbook which is sh*t. You can't upgrade it. Netbooks aren't meant to be upgraded. If you want to upgrade, you'll have to buy a whole new computer.

For almost every generation of Intel CPUs, there is always a Celeron.

P3 and Celeron can literally be in the same class. Atom will be the newest CPU, but its also the weakest.

Very true and the only reason i am able to run SA.

When i look around other users playing the game with cool specificationsand only or little known fact about computers in my experience, less specifications but good performance is also good which supports my tight pockets.

So, it will be great and appreciate kind gesture if i get most important recommendations to run a good high end graphic game, e.g., GTA 4 even with less specifications though most important for good gameplay.

Likewise, replace intel atom with DUO Core, so a Nvidia GeForce 9400M GPU should now be a best option???

That's what I'm trying to tell you. You have a netbook which is sh*t. You can't upgrade it. Netbooks aren't meant to be upgraded. If you want to upgrade, you'll have to buy a whole new computer.

I understood Sir and mainly my tight budget is making me to stick assembled rather a new.

Edited by shrekdj

Actually, there are Atoms which are used in desktops. I've seen desktops advertised over here with Atoms in them.

Okay firstly, we need you to confirm if your PC is a desktop or not.

If it is a desktop, post all the specs (motherboard and PSU mostly)

For running games, you'd have to upgrade your CPU and video card (and PSU too if your current one is not good enough) at the very least.

It is a desktop ACPI Multiprocessor PC

System Information:

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer INTEL_

System Type X86-based PC

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

Intel® N10/ICH7 Family Serial ATA Storage

Intel® Atom™ Processor D410

(512K Cache, 1.66 GHz)

VID Voltage Range 0.800V-1.175V

Memory Types DDR2

Max Memory Bandwidth 6.4 GB/s

Physical Address Extensions 32-bit

Edited by shrekdj

Intel NM10 Express Chipset

One PCI Slot

Two SATA ports (3.0 gb/s)

Motherboard is Intel!!!.. dontgetit.gif

Since it is not branded and an assembled PC, beyond this was not possible to complete the requirement turn.gif

Can you please 'suggest/name' the best (models/brand) available (In Indian markets as well, if possible) for the following:-

1. 3D graphic renderor

2. Graphic Accelerator

3. Best Processor speed and RAM for gameplay

I shall check the suggestions in my would be soon purchase of branded PC which will make it easy to pick the quotation rather upgrade. Budget is definitely medium but not too tight.

Thanks a lot!!.. smile.gif

You seem to have a habit of ignoring important posts.
Download Flitskikker InfoTool, and find out the model of your motherboard and report back.

Sir it won't work on an assembled port else would post the same (i tried!)

The tool gives a message with run time error occured in all my tries, "Object does not support this property or right..." dontgetit.gif

Edited by shrekdj

You're going to have to upgrade the motherboard as well, bro. As from what I've seen, Atom boards come integrated with the CPU.

So you're looking at getting a motherboard, CPU, video card and PSU in the least.

For recommending upgrades, I'll need to know your budget. Post that and I can put up some parts smile.gif.

So you're looking at getting a motherboard, CPU, video card and PSU in the least.

350$ for them. I have the accessories (keyboard, mouse, headset and monitor) which supposedly not to be taken, if at all some recommendations.

Also, looking through past topics found that VGA CARD: On Board + Nvidia 9800GT to be a good choice for running GTA 4 on PC, which is well costly. Any comments for the same?

thnks icon14.gif

Edited by shrekdj

The 9800GT is quite old now and isn't really that fast compared to the cards available now. I wouldn't recommend it.

I looked at an Indian online PC store (TheITDepot), and $350 was enough to buy all the components except for the video card. So you could either save up more and post back, or buy these components and run onboard video till you get enough cash to get a video card:

PSU: FSP Bluestorm Pro 500W

Motherboard: ECS A885GM-A2

CPU: Athlon II X4 635

RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333

Total: 15,195 Rupees

If you can spend more, get this PowerColor HD5770 1GB (totals to 24,120 Rupees with the rest of the components above). This'll make a pretty good gaming rig smile.gif.