3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Shadow-Link

[DOC]Sco file format

Shadow-Link

First, this is not a topic for requesting a way for coding, I know it's possible to create coding mods using hooks etc.

As full IV Map modding is getting closer what's more awesome then playing some of your own missions on your own map? I know programs like openIV can decompile the scripts, but as far as I know there is not a program to compile them back again, which doesn't make it possible to edit current missions or completly replace the current storyline with one of our own.

What we got right now

GTAModding.com info about the sco scripts

In the past I've been working a little bit on this subject but never got close to creating a working script sad.gif

Is there any interest in making an Open Source sco (de)compiler? Cause I don't want to be working on this alone tounge.gif

Share your thoughts on this smile.gif

Kucikuc24

really nice idea, but your own missions or map you can code via script hooks...but this is good for editing of some thinks, what are bad for us...for example i need to delete wanted level in EFLC, when i m in prison...i want to help you, but i dont know a lot about decrypting or decompilating sad.gif

Shadow-Link

The script hooks can't delete the original missions, maybe block them but you can't remove them. So that's not an option for me.

Kucikuc24

But why do you want to delete original missions ? They are NICE...really problem arent missions, but sh*tty thinks like wanted in prison...

lolleroz

Not only delete, but edit and add* too tounge.gif

Deleting for total conversions, edit for good ol' mods, that could for example add more enemies to missions, and such. If you modded GTA SA/VC/III you'll understand tounge.gif

*it would be easier to add new missions with sco (de)compiler, scripting missions with C++ is a big waste of time.

Shadow-Link
But why do you want to delete original missions ? They are NICE...really problem arent missions, but sh*tty thinks like wanted in prison...

I didn't like the missions at all. And I want to create a whole NEW storyline for my NEW map.

Seemann

listener is developing a sco (de)compiler.

Shadow-Link

Awesome, is there any release date planned or info/screen of it?

Kucikuc24

I didn't like the missions at all. And I want to create a whole NEW storyline for my NEW map.

New map and new story ? Good idea, sounds good smile.gif...Do you want to edit GTA and create your own serie ? if yes, good basis is TBOGT, and if you want help with coding, i can help smile.gif

Not only delete, but edit and add* too tounge.gif

Deleting for total conversions, edit for good ol' mods, that could for example add more enemies to missions, and such. If you modded GTA SA/VC/III you'll understand tounge.gif

*it would be easier to add new missions with sco (de)compiler, scripting missions with C++ is a big waste of time.

No, it isnt lost of time...i like it, and with it is less of work than with editing of game...

Edited by Kucikuc24

Shadow-Link
New map and new story ? Good idea, sounds good smile.gif...Do you want to edit GTA and create your own serie ? if yes, good basis is TBOGT, and if you want help with coding, i can help smile.gif

Isn't that what mods are all about, giving you a totally new game experience.. not just lame car mods and script mods (no offence I like those mods but I like total conversions beter).

Apparently you're new to the GTA modding scene or joined when IV was released and missed all the awesome total conversions for III, VC and SA.

Kucikuc24

Isn't that what mods are all about, giving you a totally new game experience.. not just lame car mods and script mods (no offence I like those mods but I like total conversions beter).

Apparently you're new to the GTA modding scene or joined when IV was released and missed all the awesome total conversions for III, VC and SA.

I know, i like your idea smile.gif...so if you want some help, i m here for ya bro ! smile.gif

lolleroz

Sorry for spam again, but GTA:LC TC was incredible, if we could do similar with IV...Like remaking VC on IV engine...then I would be speechless for a few years ph34r.gif

Shadow-Link
Sorry for spam again, but GTA:LC TC was incredible, if we could do similar with IV...Like remaking VC on IV engine...then I would be speechless for a few years ph34r.gif

Indeed, I'll look into it once I get back from school. Maybe a really basic (de)compiler. I'll try to contact listener too.

Kucikuc24

Hi everybody i need help. I m working on project, what need to destroy prison gate like in last mission in TLAD. You can find it code of last mission in EFLC/TLAD/common/data/cdimage/sript.img/stubbs4.sco. I can find it in my own, so can you help me pls ?

Edited by Kucikuc24

Shadow-Link

Sorry but this topic is not to help with coding. It's to discuss progress on (de)compiling .sco files.

crackdawg

You can't reverse the format off securom binary..

People are working on one, but it involves tracing a lot of code in rebuilt binaries so it takes a while, and there isn't much interest. Also like with ped A.I structs, this can be overwritten from the hook, but not without heavy modification and reversing. All loaded scripts can be from hook thread even though devs of the hook try to prevent it.

Shadow-Link

This is about the sco scripts smile.gif which can be reversed. You can read them with programs like SparkIV and OpenIV.

sjaak327
You can't reverse the format off securom binary..

People are working on one, but it involves tracing a lot of code in rebuilt binaries so it takes a while, and there isn't much interest. Also like with ped A.I structs, this can be overwritten from the hook, but not without heavy modification and reversing. All loaded scripts can be from hook thread even though devs of the hook try to prevent it.

This thread is about changing the actual SCO scripts, which are stored in the scripts.img archive. If we would be able to change say one mission script, the game itself wouldn't even notice.

We already are able to call or stop game scripts, with a SCO de(compiler) we would be able to change existing scripts, or create new scripts and call those from the hook. All it takes is for the new scripts to be present in the scripts.img archive.

crackdawg

You can get the code from the engine or you can rip it from SparkIV. You should ask SparkIV devs how they got the crypto algo to decrypt encrypted SCO files. It wasn't from analysis of the files themselves as the headers are useless in encrypted ones..

I know what the thread is about.. I also did a partial disassembler for the opcodes in SCO a long time ago. If you look in other threads you'll also see trying to correct me doesn't ever work out too well, cause I actually work with most subject matter discussed here and don't just lurk the forums..

Edited by crackdawg

Shadow-Link

You can get the code from the engine or you can rip it from SparkIV. You should ask SparkIV devs how they got the crypto algo to decrypt encrypted SCO files. It wasn't from analysis of the files themselves as the headers are useless in encrypted ones..

I know what the thread is about.. I also did a partial disassembler for the opcodes in SCO a long time ago. If you look in other threads you'll also see trying to correct me doesn't ever work out too well, cause I actually work with most subject matter discussed here and don't just lurk the forums..

SparkIV's source is available so getting the decrypt algo is not hard tounge.gif in fact I've got it working.

And I am not trying to correct you. And I am not lurking the forum either.

Nice timing sjaak tounge.gif

sjaak327

I know we can get the content of the sco;s from SparkIV, I have all the scripts from both IV and EFLC in text format, so they can be read smile.gif

But from your first sentence (securom ?) it wasn't apparent that you were posting on topic.

The securom binary is only used to launch the game (launchgtaiv.exe), it is useless for all the other stuff.

crackdawg

I know we can get the content of the sco;s from SparkIV, I have all the scripts from both IV and EFLC in text format, so they can be read smile.gif

But from your first sentence (securom ?) it wasn't apparent that you were posting on topic.

The securom binary is only used to launch the game (launchgtaiv.exe), it is useless for all the other stuff.

No it holds core engine code..which is where the encryption algo is called..

@Shadow-link: If you reversed the crypto off the encrypted sections that's pretty impressive given the cipher used and the fact sco headers and pointer sections contain *nothing* to help with their decryption.. I'm guessing the condescending responses are some insinuation that I'm wrong without presenting data showing how, which seems repetitive on these forums in my case.

I'm really good as exposing procrastination when it comes to technological things... BTW I reversed this on my own over a year before papers existed from the RELOADED binary..I'm sure you and your friends are really smart though..on THESE forums.

Edited by crackdawg

Shadow-Link

@Shadow-link: If you reversed the crypto off the encrypted sections that's pretty impressive given the cipher used and the fact sco headers and pointer sections contain *nothing* to help with their decryption.. I'm guessing the condescending responses are some insinuation that I'm wrong without presenting data showing how, which seems repetitive on these forums in my case.

I'm really good as exposing procrastination when it comes to technological things... BTW I reversed this on my own over a year before papers existed from the RELOADED binary..I'm sure you and your friends are really smart though..on THESE forums.

http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=Cryptography

afaik that's all you need to decrypt the encrypted section. If you're such a smartass make the (de)compiler. This is a topic to discuss making one, not showing of what a smart guy you are.. I really don't see the point in making a problem out of this..

crackdawg

afaik that's all you need to decrypt the encrypted section. If you're such a smartass make the (de)compiler. This is a topic to discuss making one, not showing of what a smart guy you are.. I really don't see the point in making a problem out of this..

Ok..this is my last post here then, just wanted to show something from *your* link:

The 256 bit key necessary to decrypt the cyphertext can be retrieved from gtaiv.exe at the following file offsets

I don't like to boast or anything, it's just this is the second place(last was my GPU argument) where a group condescends me and I use their literature and data to show I'm correct. When people slander or condescend me It just makes me show how their posts are just 'assholin'', especially when I'm the only one making informative and accurate responses and they try to bully me..I push back.

Shadow-Link

Whatever. Afaik you can get the key just by opening the exe in an hex editor and read at that offset no securom stuff needed for that. Glad this was your last post cause you didn't really share anything informative in my opinion.

crackdawg

Whatever. Afaik you can get the key just by opening the exe in an hex editor and read at that offset no securom stuff needed for that. Glad this was your last post cause you didn't really share anything informative in my opinion.

In the last 40 minutes I did complete structs for all data types and did code for pseudocode generation that also updates sections with valid supporting data. Scone and SparkIV devs couldn't do this in years..

Opcodes, references, alignment, and even runtime dynamic encryption based on binaries that don't even exist yet can be done in minimal code as the data is so small and the binary has a generic signature.

Just wanted to show it wasn't that hard..the stuff existing tools do is only decryption and dumping, their aren't many opcodes..Scone source just shows they abstract the data so it's easier to rebuild.

This really is my last post, just wanted to be non-conformist and contribute something more apparently informative that wasn't done by someone else..There are only 8 structs you gotta handle and this is called "complex"; editable forms are easy and can be done in ~400 lines of C.

Edited by crackdawg

Shadow-Link

So now be usefull instead of an asshole and release it?

Also SparkIV and Scones dev stopped supporting the tools after 3 months or something and didn't spend much time on the .sco format.

Edited by Shadow-Link

sjaak327

Ok..this is my last post here then, just wanted to show something from *your* link:

The 256 bit key necessary to decrypt the cyphertext can be retrieved from gtaiv.exe at the following file offsets

I don't like to boast or anything, it's just this is the second place(last was my GPU argument) where a group condescends me and I use their literature and data to show I'm correct. When people slander or condescend me It just makes me show how their posts are just 'assholin'', especially when I'm the only one making informative and accurate responses and they try to bully me..I push back.

But that's what we have been claiming, Launchgtaiv.exe (the securom launcher) doesn't contain anything usefull, the stuff is all in GTAIV.exe or EFLC.exe.

Why you are reacting the way you do, is beyond me to be honest, just chill out. It's not like you were attacked in any way, so there's no reason to be offended.

Edited by sjaak327

spaceeinstein

|Dageron| actually had a working SCO editor but he was banned before being able to release a prototype. I first saw it in his topic a few months ago about his rants against the atrocities of GTA games. He was such a resourceful person, it's sad to see him banned.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=455744

Edited by spaceeinstein