4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Function-X-

New Effects for your cleo mods

J16D
jayd00 try the firenar again wink.gif

The effects is just for testing now so i put all of them in one .fxp, Later when they are successful i will do different versions for everybody wink.gif.

suicidal.gif I'm starting giving up, on the firenar...

I tried it on playmode 0 and now, I can't see the particle cryani.gif simply it doesn't appear

Do you know how to improve the firenar with some flames on the back, like the firenar2 ?

thanks!

Function-X-

Well, all the effects works, The only problem is to make them compatible with the cleo scripts.

first script as playmode 0

It doesn't loop the playmode 0, And the looping happen to be the only thing i needed, it spawns the effect only once...

So i tested the laser on PMC, it should work now i guess.

user posted image

The fire works for the fireball script ZAZ posted

user posted image

Download

Effects names:

tlaser

firenar

firenar2

firenar3

Will you also include the afterburner and sound barrier effects that NGE included?

Sure, i did my own version of them.

Adler

Well, all the effects works, The only problem is to make them compatible with the cleo scripts.

It doesn't loop the playmode 0, And the looping happen to be the only thing i needed, it spawns the effect only once...

user posted image

user posted image

Download

Effects names:

tlaser

firenar

firenar2

firenar3

The laser looks good in-game (when I could see it lol) but could you make it longer? Like at a length of 500m (or whatever units SA uses).

It's also got some flickering problems and I can't see it sometimes. Not sure if it's a problem with the script or the effects. confused.gif

Will you also include the afterburner and sound barrier effects that NGE included?

Nice can you post some screenies?

ZAZ

user posted image

user posted image

Download

Effects names:

tlaser

firenar

firenar2

firenar3

Yeah, that's progress, good work Function-X-, all effects are working fine with cleo scripts

but i thought the TLaser should be white or blue like the lightning

furthermore it needs to resize it:

FILENAME: X:\SA\FxTools\Data\effects\gta_pc\systems/code/tlaser.fxs

FX_INFO_SIZE_DATA:TIMEMODEPRT: 1SIZEX:FX_INTERP_DATA:LOOPED: 0NUM_KEYS: 1FX_KEYFLOAT_DATA:TIME: 0.000VAL: 2.000SIZEY:FX_INTERP_DATA:LOOPED: 0NUM_KEYS: 1FX_KEYFLOAT_DATA:TIME: 0.000VAL: 15.000SIZEXBIAS:FX_INTERP_DATA:LOOPED: 0NUM_KEYS: 1FX_KEYFLOAT_DATA:TIME: 0.000VAL: 0.000SIZEYBIAS:FX_INTERP_DATA:LOOPED: 0NUM_KEYS: 1FX_KEYFLOAT_DATA:TIME: 0.000VAL: 0.000

then try the script below

press right mouse button to throw glow-object with attached TLaser effect

{$CLEO .cs}:Throw_TLaser_object_003A4: name_thread 'TLASER':Throw_TLaser_object_1wait  0 msif0256: player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false @Throw_TLaser_object_1if0AB0:   key_pressed 2//-----------------------------press right mouse button  004D: jump_if_false @Throw_TLaser_object_10247: request_model 3045:Throw_TLaser_object_3wait  0 msif0248:   model 3045  available004D: jump_if_false @Throw_TLaser_object_304C4: create_coordinate [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] from_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR offset  0.3 5.0  0.00107: [email protected] = create_object 3045  at  [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]: set_object [email protected] visibility 1 04D9: object [email protected] set_scripted_collision_check 1 0382: set_object [email protected] collision_detection 1 0906: set_object [email protected] mass_to 30000.0 // float 0908: set_object [email protected] turn_mass_to 30000.0 // float0172: [email protected] = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR Z_angle 02F6: [email protected] = sine [email protected] // (float) 02F7: [email protected] = cosine [email protected] // (float) [email protected] *= 20.0 // (float) [email protected] *= 20.0 // (float) [email protected] *= -1.00819: [email protected] = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR [email protected] += 1.0 // (float) 0392: make_object [email protected] moveable 1 0381: throw_object [email protected] velocity_in_direction [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]@ = 00087: [email protected] = [email protected] // (float)0087: [email protected] = [email protected] // (float)0013: [email protected] *= -0.10013: [email protected] *= -0.1:Throw_TLaser_object_5wait  0 msif 00256: player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false @Throw_TLaser_object_130381: throw_object [email protected] velocity_in_direction [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]: create_particle "tlaser" attached_to_object [email protected] with_offset 0.0 0.0 0.0 rotation [email protected] [email protected] 0.0 flag 1 handle_as [email protected] 064F: make_Particle_visible_and_remove_references [email protected] 0019:   [email protected] > 1000 004D: jump_if_false @Throw_TLaser_object_5:Throw_TLaser_object_130108: destroy_object [email protected]: release_model 30450002: jump @Throw_TLaser_object_1

user posted image

Download

Effects names:

tlaser

firenar

firenar2

firenar3

firenar: is nice but i think it should have a darker center, dark in relation to yellow, maybe orange or firered

firenar2: yes, that's what I mean, but i would more like to have a head like firenar3

And there is a big problem

the duration of firenar2 is to long, seems to be 3 seconds

should have 500 ms or max 1000 ms

to can give the fireball the calculated orientation for the trail

test it with simple particle test playmode 0, by keypress 0

{$CLEO .cs}:ParticleEffect_Playmode_0//Playmode_0 is shown for a moment, temporary, can run in a loop for some cases03A4: name_thread 'PRTEFCT':PRTEFCT_010001: wait  0 msif0256: player $PLAYER_CHAR defined004D: jump_if_false @PRTEFCT_01if0AB0:   key_pressed 48//-----------------------press 0004D: jump_if_false @PRTEFCT_0104C4: create_coordinate [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] from_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR offset 0.0 10.5  0.3064B: [email protected] = create_particle "firenar2"  at [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] type 4064F: make_temp_particle_visible_and_remove_references [email protected]  12500002: jump @PRTEFCT_01

Edited by ZAZ

Adler

Heh I tried copying and pasting those lines into effects.fxp and my game crashed when I used the tlaser script. I'm not cut out for effects modding it seems so I'll just wait for the finished effects.fxp. tounge.gif

Btw I found another video of the transparent explosion effect from the rail gun:

J16D

user posted image

user posted image

Download

Effects names:

tlaser

firenar

firenar2

firenar3

Great!!

full, working!

sorry, my mistake.. was a little strange (I think confused.gif ) I had to limit my fps to see the particles..

some screen (firenar)

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

can you make another effect like this one but smaller, xD like firenar2 ??

and... blush.gif

can you make this effect?

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

THANKS!! cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

ZAZ

and...  blush.gif

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

yes, rotating lightbow to simulate fightingtrails should be possible

kal-el5676

Anyone a superman fan here? Would be cool to add those lasers coming from his eyes and finally make it proper. wink.gif

Silent

Hmm, nice. Would it be possible to make proper taser effect, like some GTA IV mod has? smile.gif

If you would be able to make it, then thanks in advance smile.gif

Function-X-

Thank you ZAZ for the awesome scripts that makes testing easier icon14.gif i guess cleo loves playmode 0 biggrin.gif i will send you the new OD version soon with the updated fireball !

------------

The laser looks good in-game (when I could see it lol) but could you make it longer? Like at a length of 500m (or whatever units SA uses).

It's also got some flickering problems and I can't see it sometimes. Not sure if it's a problem with the script or the effects.

Well unfortunately thats the max size i can do, but i have an easy fix for that, i will just put another laser trail in front of it so they perform a longer line tounge.gif

but first test the flickering and see if it's fixed now, try the effects (tlaser) and (tlaser2) and choose which is better, and choose a colour too wink.gif because like ZAZ said it's kinda bad with the pale red...

Sure, there you go

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I really tried to fix the speed bug as i could, i think it's fixed unless you use a super fast handling tounge.gif

Btw I found another video of the transparent explosion effect from the rail gun:

Yeah i can see it better now, i will try to do it next time, i tried now twice and i kept on crashing for no reason, i didn't do anything wrong at all but i keep crashing when i try to do the rail explosion, i think the game hate the word (rail) or something, it was really weird and never happened to me before...

------------

sorry, my mistake.. was a little strange (I think  ) I had to limit my fps to see the particles..

But how ? you used a mod to alter your fps or something ? or did you just enable the frame limiter ?

Okay try (firenars)

S is for small

I can't really seem to understand how it moves in motion from the pictures, a video would be better ?

------------

Hmm, nice. Would it be possible to make proper taser effect, like some GTA IV mod has?

Sure, i like to do these kinds of stuff, Try the effect called (taser) wink.gif let me know if you want it to look different, because those IV effects were meant for broken lamp posts i think.

------------

Anyone a superman fan here? Would be cool to add those lasers coming from his eyes and finally make it proper. 

Should be easy, hope somebody will do it for you buddy, Because i suck at cleo tounge.gif

Download

Effects names:

tlaser

tlaser2

firenars

taser

Edited by Function-X-

Adler

Sure, there you go

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8/enb20101117020.th.png

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9606/en...13112555.th.png

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8707/en...13112759.th.png

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6416/en...13112853.th.png

I really tried to fix the speed bug as i could, i think it's fixed unless you use a super fast handling tounge.gif

Those are great effects! biggrin.gif

It's also got some flickering problems and I can't see it sometimes. Not sure if it's a problem with the script or the effects.

Well unfortunately thats the max size i can do, but i have an easy fix for that, i will just put another laser trail in front of it so they perform a longer line tounge.gif

but first test the flickering and see if it's fixed now, try the effects (tlaser) and (tlaser2) and choose which is better, and choose a colour too wink.gif because like ZAZ said it's kinda bad with the pale red...

For the first tlaser I couldn't see the laser at all most of the time and only saw it flash occasionally but tlaser2 is much improved. It flickers but at least I could see it haha. The laser also seems to get smaller at different angles and bigger when viewing it from the side too but the flickering bugs me more.

For the color I think it's okay but I think it'd be best if you could make two lasers - one red and one blue like this:

Yeah i can see it better now, i will try to do it next time, i tried now twice and i kept on crashing for no reason, i didn't do anything wrong at all but i keep crashing when i try to do the rail explosion, i think the game hate the word (rail) or something, it was really weird and never happened to me before...

------------

Huh... that's weird. Sorry I can't help since I don't know much about effects but good luck getting it to work! smile.gif

I also tried taser which was awesome but firenars wouldn't show up sometimes. turn.gif

J16D

sorry, my mistake.. was a little strange (I think  ) I had to limit my fps to see the particles..

But how ? you used a mod to alter your fps or something ? or did you just enable the frame limiter ?

Okay try (firenars)

S is for small

I can't really seem to understand how it moves in motion from the pictures, a video would be better ?

mm yes using the frame limiter, but sometimes with enbseries is enough wink.gif

sure, here is a video:

and thanks for the small firenar! cookie.gif

Edited by jayd00

Silent

Sure, i like to do these kinds of stuff, Try the effect called (taser) wink.gif let me know if you want it to look different, because those IV effects were meant for broken lamp posts i think.

Looks very good, but now it is a bit too big. It means to be more like electric from wires, or something.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x362/S...te/fe9dae10.jpg

(looks like it is impossible to paste that link properly, so you have to paste it to your browser manually. Ohwow, it appeared like URL automatically smile.gif

And it would be way more suitable for my mod if it would be looped, like that IV vid has.

However thank you very much smile.gif And which textures that effect exactly uses? I don't need those all effects, so I'd cut only that one requested taser.

Gramps
Hmm, nice. Would it be possible to make proper taser effect, like some GTA IV mod has? smile.gif

If you would be able to make it, then thanks in advance smile.gif

That would be cool, or a taser like in Syphon Filter smile.gif I'm sure we all know the one wink.gif

GaryRoachSanderson

hey guys, will you be releasing the nuke effect too? biggrin.gif

ZAZ

hey guys, will you be releasing the nuke effect too? biggrin.gif

yes, i wanna release this year but first must Function-X- do his last big work

jtr007

What about effects to the head shot?

other then blood squirting, little particals go flying.

Like this Example from L4d2.

user posted image

Function-X-

Sorry guys for the long delay, I had some internet connection problems. confused.gif

@Adler: I tried to make the laser longer, But it has a bug between the two lasers, Not really sure why this happened didn't see it coming at all...

So i did 4 versions 2 short ones(blue/red) and 2 long ones with bugs, maybe if you can perform a line with cleo they wont have this bug ?

And i did the rail explosion, it's not too fancy, but maybe if you can find a footage about the real thing it will be better.

-----------------------

@SilentPL: Ok i did 3 versions, if sizes are bad or something let me know.

-----------------------

@jayd00: i did the blue ball without the rotating sparks, They need too much testing, i will do them later.

-----------------------

Download!

I did 3 versions for everybody this time, So no more unnecessary effects.

-------------

Effects names:

-------------

@Adler

railex = rail explosion

tlaserred = long red laser

tlaserblue = long blue laser

tlaserreds = short red laser

tlaserblues = short blue laser

-------

@SilentPL

taservictim = small electric effect without the sparks, maybe you can attach it to the tased peds

taser = the old effect, should be used as impact

taserlooped = looping effect to attach to the taser model

-------

@jayd00

nbluesphere = that blue sphere thingi without the sparks

+ All the old stuff you requested are still included in this effects.fxp

-----------------------------------

@jtr007: What a coincidence, I just did this effect from a couple of days and i showed it to ZAZ.

If you want i will upload it for you.

user posted image

coin-god
That looks so good lol.gif

Silent

Taser is awesone smile.gif

If those lightnings would be a bit less visible, it would be perfect then biggrin.gif

Adler

@Adler: I tried to make the laser longer, But it has a bug between the two lasers, Not really sure why this happened didn't see it coming at all...

So i did 4 versions 2 short ones(blue/red) and 2 long ones with bugs, maybe if you can perform a line with cleo they wont have this bug ?

And i did the rail explosion, it's not too fancy, but maybe if you can find a footage about the real thing it will be better.

A bug? Well I tested all four and they all seem to flicker the same way so I stacked multiple particles on each other and the flickering reduced. As for the long lasers it looks like half of the laser is bigger when the camera's close to that half while the other half is thinner from far away. Is this the bug you meant?

user posted image

And for the railex I saw the flash of light at the center of the explosion but I didn't see the expanding rings that occur around it. Not sure why.

Also I noticed that the particles disappear when the camera is far away from them. Is it possible to have them be visible from farther away?

J16D
Sorry guys for the long delay, I had some internet connection problems. confused.gif

-----------------------

@jayd00: i did the blue ball without the rotating sparks, They need too much testing, i will do them later.

-----------------------

Download!

I did 3 versions for everybody this time, So no more unnecessary effects.

-------------

Effects names:

-------------

@jayd00

nbluesphere = that blue sphere thingi without the sparks

+ All the old stuff you requested are still included in this effects.fxp

-----------------------------------

don't worry about, take your time....

looks nice!

but can you make it more smaller?

thanks for everything wink.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

ZAZ

@Adler

railex = rail explosion

tlaserred = long red laser

tlaserblue = long blue laser

tlaserreds = short red laser

tlaserblues = short blue laser

A bug? Well I tested all four and they all seem to flicker the same way so I stacked multiple particles on each other and the flickering reduced. As for the long lasers it looks like half of the laser is bigger when the camera's close to that half while the other half is thinner from far away. Is this the bug you meant?

not flickering for me but a little buggy, it appear radom after showing them more times like spawned from a ghost sometimes attached to a car

the placement of a line is difficult because it will be shown behind player

shorter is better, attached to a thrown object some meters infront can it show it in the deep

kal-el5676

Ok, my friend wrote a script for me for the predator model switching idea. After testing funtion x's electricnar, i made it a little smaller and it looks pretty cool. If we want to include the elecrticnar in our mod would you let us funtion x? It's nice.

Edited by kal-el5676

J16D

@kal-el5676

I don't think so.. he made that particle for me xD and you're talking about a big mod.

If you need some particle just ask for it!... that's why this post has made...

kal-el5676

Thats fine. I dont want to steal your particle. smile.gif I just figured i'd save him time thats all. smile.gif Any type of electricity predator cloak type particle is more than sufficient. thanks guys!

shindogg

create some cool cleo "ki weapons" like what you can find on dragonball z. ive wanted somebody to make a dbz total conversion for a while now.

Function-X-

Sorry for long delay again guys, Doing too much effects at the moment tounge.gif

@SilentPL: I made the alpha more transparent, Not a big difference, let me know what do you think wink.gif

----------------

@Adler: I reduced the flickering a bit, But now they consume too much textures, So try to don't spawn a lot of them, and yeah thats the bug i meant, i think it cannot be fixed, it's ridiculous how such a simple effect can have a lot of bugs confused.gif

For the rail explosion, I'm not really sure why you couldn't see it, try it at night maybe you couldn't see it because it's too white and bright, And spawn it like an explosion.

----------------

@jayd00: Okay done, But i didn't do the sparks yet sorry.

----------------

@kal-el5676: Alright I did two nice effects for you wink.gif

----------------

Download

----------------

Effects names

----------------

@SilentPL: Same names.

------

@Adler: Same names.

------

@jayd00: Same names.

------

@kal-el5676: Use the effect predator1 at the moment when the cloaking begins, Attach it between his feets, And use predator2 like the electricnar, attach it to the chest.

predator1 Is looped.

predator2 Is not looped.

kal-el5676

Funtion x, it's great! Thank you so much!!! You rule! cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

However i would like to add it to a modded set of particles, and it won't work for me. If you have time, could you add it to these particles please?

And thanks again!!! I will of course give you credit when the mod is released.

Edited by kal-el5676

Function-X-

However i would like to add it to a modded set of particles, and it won't work for me. If you have time, could you add it to these particles please?

NGE ? I can't really do that because it's not my effects and i don't have permission to edit it, You should ask [sAK*]KING_OF_SA to do it.