1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Function-X-

New Effects for your cleo mods

kal-el5676

Ah, ok. And thanks again man!

Adler

@Adler: I reduced the flickering a bit, But now they consume too much textures, So try to don't spawn a lot of them, and yeah thats the bug i meant, i think it cannot be fixed, it's ridiculous how such a simple effect can have a lot of bugs confused.gif

Cool dude the flickering stopped! And I don't think the bug where one end of the laser is bigger than the other is going to matter much because they seem to be the same length from far away. biggrin.gif

For the rail explosion, I'm not really sure why you couldn't see it, try it at night maybe you couldn't see it because it's too white and bright, And spawn it like an explosion.

Yeah I see it now. It looks great but could you make the rings expand some more to match the scale that was in the video? colgate.gif

Function-X-

Sorry Adler, That seems to be the max size, sizes bigger than that are kinda buggy... confused.gif

But anyway if i can find another way to fix it, i will post an update here. wink.gif

jayd00
Sorry for long delay again guys, Doing too much effects at the moment tounge.gif

@jayd00: Okay done, But i didn't do the sparks yet sorry.

----------------

Download

----------------

Effects names

----------------

@jayd00: Same names.

thanks man! cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

the effect is working really nice, thanks!..

hey man, it's possibly make something like this:

user posted image

the blue circle with lines

here a video:

time 0:20

thanks!! icon14.gif

Adler
Sorry Adler, That seems to be the max size, sizes bigger than that are kinda buggy... confused.gif

But anyway if i can find another way to fix it, i will post an update here. wink.gif

Ah I see. Thanks for fulfilling my requests! smile.gif

shindogg

no thanx 4 completely ignorin my request like it didnt mean squat. u know what 'ki' is right? its like 'chi' as in life force energy. u seen dragonball z right? make those hand blasts that look like fire or laser literally comes out of CJ's hands. i never liked havin to hold a flamethrower, i just want to scorch peds with fire shootin from my hands and have it be a much longer range than the real flamethrower does. and SA doesnt even have a laser gun so please make that come out of his hand/finger, whichever 1 is fine with me.

Function-X-

@jayd00: Should be easy, but the texture is a problem because it has Asian letters and stuff so I'm not sure how to type it...

theres two solutions:

1-Give me the texture ?

2-Take a couple of good screenshots so i can actually rip the texture from the picture. wink.gif

@Adler: Let me know if you want more stuff, I know you are not satisfied wink.gif

@shindogg: Well i didn't even know that you are requesting effects.

create some cool cleo "ki weapons" like what you can find on dragonball z. ive wanted somebody to make a dbz total conversion for a while now.

I wont do any cleo scripts, But the effects only, You know that right ?

And i don't really know the ki weapons, So be more organized and tell me how many effects do you want etc, And show me pictures so i can see how they look like.

Adler

@Adler: Let me know if you want more stuff, I know you are not satisfied wink.gif

lol more stuff? Well I don't really have any ideas right now but I hope you're working on making the laser really long (like really really long) and the rail gun explosion bigger. tounge.gif

jayd00

@jayd00: Should be easy, but the texture is a problem because it has Asian letters and stuff so I'm not sure how to type it...

theres two solutions:

1-Give me the texture ?

2-Take a couple of good screenshots so i can actually rip the texture from the picture. wink.gif

thanks!

well, I'm really bad with the textures.. so I was looking for the screenshots, but I can't find the full circle

here a pic

user posted image

and

user posted image

gallery

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/miq1ke1gfm...mnx4auhx141asax

I also looked for such font but I couldn't find it...

wink.gif

adifirmanysah
@ZAZ

cool!! thanks a lot for your help!

I tested it and works fine!.. no electric bug... but, I want to add the electric thing in the hand xD

so I used these part from your script:

070A: AS_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR attach_to_object [email protected] offset 0.06 0.04 0 on_bone 6 16 perform_animation "NULL" IFP_file "NULL" time 1 [email protected] = 80.1 [email protected] = Actor.Angle($PLAYER_ACTOR)02F6: [email protected] = sine [email protected] // (float) 02F7: [email protected] = cosine [email protected] // (float) 006B: [email protected] *= [email protected] // (float) 006B: [email protected] *= [email protected] // (float) [email protected] *= -1.0 [email protected] *= -1.0 066E: create_particle "electricnar" attached_to_object [email protected] with_offset 0.0 0.0 0.1 rotation [email protected] [email protected] 0.0 flag 1 handle_as [email protected] 064C: make_particle [email protected] visible 

and done!... the electric thing without bugs in the hand....

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

I also tried the code, to the fireball but still the same problem xD

thanks again!

oh man, i love this. But, i can't use the script below :

070A: AS_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR attach_to_object [email protected] offset 0.06 0.04 0 on_bone 6 16 perform_animation "NULL" IFP_file "NULL" time 1 [email protected] = 80.1 [email protected] = Actor.Angle($PLAYER_ACTOR)02F6: [email protected] = sine [email protected] // (float) 02F7: [email protected] = cosine [email protected] // (float) 006B: [email protected] *= [email protected] // (float) 006B: [email protected] *= [email protected] // (float) [email protected] *= -1.0 [email protected] *= -1.0 066E: create_particle "electricnar" attached_to_object [email protected] with_offset 0.0 0.0 0.1 rotation [email protected] [email protected] 0.0 flag 1 handle_as [email protected] 064C: make_particle [email protected] visible 

I have compile it with Sanny Builder, but my GTA is going crash, (i think i make mistake when compile it) Could you give me the full cleo script of this effect?? Because i want a lightning effect on my GTA. Sorry for my bad English....

ZAZ

@ZAZ

I tested it and works fine!.. no electric bug... but, I want to add the electric thing in the hand xD

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

thanks again!

I have compile it with Sanny Builder, but my GTA is going crash, (i think i make mistake when compile it) Could you give me the full cleo script of this effect?? Because i want a lightning effect on my GTA. Sorry for my bad English....

your posted script is just a scriptsnippet and not a working script.

Furthermore you need the effect in your game which is used: "electricnar"

Learn more about showing effects: >here<

Checkout PROJECT FANTASIA

it contains examples for new effects

adifirmanysah
@ZAZ

thanks again!

your posted script is just a scriptsnippet and not a working script.

Furthermore you need the effect in your game which is used: "electricnar"

Learn more about showing effects: >here<

Checkout PROJECT FANTASIA

it contains examples for new effects

I already have the Proeject Fantasia and i have added the "electricnar" into effectPC.txd. Do i need to edit the effects.fxp for the "electricnar" ?, i have read about showing effect. But, i'm still little confuse with that. If you're willing, could you please make that script work, but i will try to make it too. Sorry for my bad english...and thanks for your suggestion..

ZAZ

I already have the Proeject Fantasia and i have added the "electricnar" into effectPC.txd. Do i need to edit the effects.fxp for the "electricnar" ?, i have read about showing effect. But, i'm still little confuse with that. If you're willing, could you please make that script work, but i will try to make it too. Sorry for my bad english...and thanks for your suggestion..

yes, you need to edit the effects.fxp and maybe also the effectPC.txd

find >here< the effect files with "electricnar"

(in folder jayd00)

Project Fantasia contains similar effects:

"electric_tiny"

"electric_med"

"electric"

complete list of new Project Fantasia effects

adifirmanysah

I have downloaded Function-X effect (naruto effect 2.rar) and I have compile the script (I modified throwObj_FIREBALL.cs). And it's work. But it has a lot of bugs. you can check the compiled script >here<.

I hope you liked to fix it. Sorry for my bad english....

Edited by adifirmanysah

jayd00

@adifirmanysah

well, I think ZAZ helped you as he could. The point is that you learn how to make scripts. And this topic isn't for that.

I asked for that effect, and I'm sure that you want to make the same that I did lol

just need to wait until finished...

my channel; youtube.com/J16D

adifirmanysah

You're right, I want to make the same that you did. OK, I will wait until the "chidori" effect finished lol biggrin.gif

When its completed, I hope you could tell me as soon as possible..(i'm really want that effect).I have look all of your video on youtube, its amazing. When it finished, tell me where to download please....OK....

p.s. : if you're willing, could you please test my script and fix it....if you're not, its okay. I will try as hard as i can colgate.gif

jayd00

eh? the code posted by ZAZ it's an example to make work properly this type of particles... and isn't for "electricnar", is for "firenar" he made some calculations to rotate the particle and make it work properly.. (thanks for that!)

I did this code to test the electricnar, with ZAZ solution of course...

{$CLEO .cs}0000:while truewait 0if  Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)then   if       0AB0:   key_pressed 0x8  ///backspace   then       0247: load_model 3106                   while  8248:   not model 3106 available                wait 0           end           04C4: store_coords_to [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] from_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR with_offset 0.0 1.0 0.0           0107: [email protected] = create_object 3106 at [email protected] [email protected] 500.1            070A: AS_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR attach_to_object [email protected] offset 0.06 0.04 0 on_bone 6 16 perform_animation "NULL" IFP_file "NULL" time 1           [email protected] = 80.1           0172: [email protected] = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR Z_angle            02F6: [email protected] = sine [email protected] // (float)           02F7: [email protected] = cosine [email protected] // (float)           006B: [email protected] *= [email protected] // (float)           006B: [email protected] *= [email protected] // (float)           [email protected] *= -1.0           [email protected] *= -1.0           066E: create_particle "electricnar" attached_to_object [email protected] with_offset 0.0 0.0 0.1 rotation [email protected] [email protected] 0.0 flag 1 handle_as [email protected]           064C: make_particle [email protected] visible           0249: release_model 3106            repeat            wait 0           until 0AB0:   key_pressed 0x20  ///spacebar                      Object.Destroy([email protected])           0976: destroy_particle [email protected]           wait 500   endendend

Edited by jayd00

yair1221

im not sure if this has anything to do with your effects

but can you make an FTL effect?

a video example:

i have some frames of the particle, but i dont assume that will help, would it?

because the engine doesnt make particles with frames...

anyway, a GIF of the frames i have(wait for the frames to load, then it will work a bit faster):

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7867/ftlr.gif

BnB

I would be pleased if you could make me an artillery strike explosion.

-Thanks

Function-X-

I'm back !

@jayd00: Sorry i forgot you still want that effect, I will do it when i have time wink.gif

@yair1221: Okay it was easy, i just needed two frames from the GIF.

Download

Effect name is ftlrun

@BnB: Show me a video or a picture of the explosion, So i can do it the way you want tounge.gif

yair1221

thanks for the particle, but, its a bit too small, and i cant attach it to a car

whenever i try, it doesnt move with the car, it remains in the same position

you think you can fix this?

BnB

Something like

or
. I would like a flash first and then smoke like in the videos.

I really appreciate your help.

Edited by BnB

kal-el5676

You are already my hero Funtion-X, however if you could also make a particle similar to the one seen in this video at 2:17 it would be fantastic, and thanks so much for everything. I have 2 textures to help.

user posted image

user posted image

jayd00
I'm back !

@jayd00: Sorry i forgot you still want that effect, I will do it when i have time wink.gif

lol don't worry, take your time... wink.gif

Function-X-

@yair1221: It should be spawned like an explosion, Not really sure about attaching it to a car, This effect cannot be looped, But i will try to make it bigger.

@BnB: Okay i did it, At the moment it's very basic, with no debris and such, I hope you don't mind but i added it to Overdose effects.

So tell me if you are satisfied with the shape for now, And i will update it soon wink.gif

Effect name is explosion_artillery

If you want to add some debris to it, spawn it with the effect explosion_fuel_car

Good job on the Cleo3 version by the way. icon14.gif

Download

@kal-el5676: Thanks, I can't really see the video, It doesn't show in my country...

But i think most of Prototype effects can be done in SA.

I did a basic effect just for testing, Try it and let me know, soon i will update it and add more textures, At the moment i used only the black one.

You want the effect to be looped ? or spawned only once like a bloody explosion ?

Effect name is proto1

Download

yair1221

no possibility to make it looped? are you certain? because it doesnt help me if its in the same place

as for the size: a bit bigger than a hydra will do, and if you can make the effect faster, maybe a total time of one second, i think thats only one line that needs changing, isnt it?

BnB
@BnB: Okay i did it, At the moment it's very basic, with no debris and such, I hope you don't mind but i added it to Overdose effects.

So tell me if you are satisfied with the shape for now, And i will update it soon wink.gif

Effect name is explosion_artillery

If you want to add some debris to it, spawn it with the effect explosion_fuel_car

Good job on the Cleo3 version by the way. icon14.gif

Download

It is exactly as I wanted it. Do you mind if I upload a version with Overdose effects. If yes could you make me a version only with the artillery explosion.

Thank you very much. cookie.gificon14.gif

Function-X-

@BnB: Thanks cookie.gif And sure, Go ahead and upload it with ODE icon14.gif

And heres the default effects with the new artillery explosion, Just in case if you will ever need it:

Download

explosion_fuel_car remains default, because the default explosions rely on it, if this will spread confusion i can just add the debris to explosion_artillery so you don't have to use two effects wink.gif

@yair1221: Well i did two versions for you to try and made the time shorter, And thats the max size that can be done in FXP.

Effects names:

ftlrun The old one, made it a little bigger and shorter duration.

ftlrun2 Looped effect, for the sake of attaching it to a vehicle, i made it loop after 1000 second or something like that so after the effect appear disable it so the loops don't appear.

Download

Edited by Function-X-

yair1221

well, hate to ask for repairs again, but

a.neither are looped, they happen once, and at a set location

b.neither are really noticeable, the plane conceals them entirely

Function-X-

Well i don't really know the problem exactly ?

I tried to hide the looping, Because the effect you showed me in the GIF and the videos happen only once and they don't loop.

Hydra breaking sound barrier script effects works the same way like this effect i did for you, I don't think attaching it to a vehicle is a problem.