3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Lolwut Pear

Grand Theft Auto IV: From Russia Without Mercy

cas-97
Well guys, yesterday I broke the top side of my left femur so as a result my left hand is completely inmobilized. But aucrontaire, since I'm right handed this gives me a lot more time to work on the mission and re-install IV.

I'm still trying to learn how to write fast with only 1 hand though.

"..But my hands are all messed up, so you better write brotha'."

user posted image

Sorry to hear that you got injured, man. Is there permanent damage or will it heal up eventually? confused.gif

Nah, it's gonna heal. I've been revising the concept for Part 2 and I'm gonna begin writing the 2nd draft today.

Hope your hand heals man.

Untold Stories Of Liberty City is good. Do you plan to make your own full GTA and more DLC soon?

The Lolwut Pear

Gentlemen.

Mission Name: Taking Care Of Daddy

Mission Giver: Mikhail Faustin

Sergei walks toward the Faustin mansion at the tip of Beachgate. He stops, looking toward the ocean and at the sun rising from it. He takes a deep breath and steps up to the mansion, opening the door without knocking.

No one home. No drunken/high Mikhail yelling, no Ilyena sobbing. Nothing.

He closes the door behind him and sits down, grabbing his head and massaging his temples.

He suddenly jumps, as he hears what appears to be a car pulling up. Sergei looks out through the curtains. A small, white Imponte pulls up to the driveway in-front of Mikhail's Turismo.

Ilyena.

Sergei sighs in relief, as the door opens and she walks in. "Hey...", Sergei salutes. She jumps in surprise, not knowing he was there, and returns his hello.

Reluctantly, Sergei asks if Mikhail was around.

"No..." she answers, "I was with Anna at the apartment. Mikhail can't stand us and shuts us in there."

"So why are you here?"

"I left Anna at Firefly..." she answers, "She wanted to see her boyfriend..."

Sergei doesn't answer, knowing that Mikhail will not answer well to that.

"But, why are you here?" he insists, "You should've stayed at the flat."

"This is my home, Sergei. I raised my daughter here, I raised you here, and I raised your sister here. This is where I feel...happy."

Sergei had nothing to do but agree. He sat down again on the couch.

"Have you heard from your sister?" asked Ilyena.

"No..." answers Sergei, coldly, "She's still in Los Santos, probably"

Ilyena attempts to convince Sergei to contact her, and as both talk, the door is slammed open in a loud crash.

Who else could it be? Mikhail, accompanied by a skulking Dimitri and a bodyguard.

"You!" he shouts at Ilyena, "I want to speak to you!"

Ilyena sobs and almost falls over as she walks over to him. She and Mikhail walk to the kitchen, in a midst of screams and crying.

Sergei watches, shaking his head and biting his lip. What had Mikhail turned into?

He's interrupted by Dimitri, who taps him on the shoulder,(Sergei being taller than him) saying that "You don't need to worry about them...We have much worse things to worry about."

Sergei knew, and at the same time didn't want to know, what that meant.

"We're still trying to work out things with Petrovic..." comments Dimitri,"He's not exactly an...easy man to reach after this..."

"So what do we do?"

"Me?" answers Dimitri "I'm going out before this,("he signals at Mikhail,")gets ugly. You stay here...Daddy needs to be taken care of..."

Sergei sighs, as Dimitri signals to his guard to come along."You couldn't have taken me with you!?" yells Sergei as they walk out.

The screen fades out, loads briefly, and fades in again, indicating a brief timelapse.

The imposing mansion's door suddenly opens. Sergei holds onto the gun in his right pocket. Of all the people that could've stepped in, Sergei expected this the least...

Niko Bellic.

Niko goddamn Bellic.

The same man who Sergei had kidnapped, only to be employed under Mikhail's coke-inhibited rage...Which killed Andrei.

The same man who stole Kenny's TV shipments...And the same man...

Who killed Lenny Petrovic.

Sergei gestures him to stand next to him and wait, as Mikhail and Ilyena keep arguing in the kitchen, now abut Ilyena's Christianity and Mikhail being a 'terrible man'.Mikhail excuses himself, shouting out that he'll crucify Ilyena, and walks up to Niko and Sergei.

"Niko Bellic..." he says, looking at him "Good name...good name."

He pushes both aside as he walks toward the nearby shelf to pour himself a drink. "Where's Dimitri?" he asks.

Sergei stutters for a second, quickly lying that he "had something to do".

"Something...Something.." mumbles Mikhail, "Let me tell you something.."

He then rambles on abut his past with Dimitri, about them being brothers, and how now it's 'always something'. He takes alarge gulp of bourbon and offers Niko a drink (he declines), saying that "I do".

After this particular display, including Niko's doubts about what the hell Mikhail was doing, Mikhail introduces Niko to his "ungrateful bitch" of a daughter, and orders him to find the biker at Firefly Island.

As Niko walks out, Mikhail turns back to Sergei and tells him to find Dimitri for him, and to have him call. Sergei, tired of all this sh*t, responds with a monotonous "Allright", that is until Mikhail reverts back to screaming. Sergei walks out the side door.

Fade to black.

Fade in.

Sergei eyes Niko, who steps into a pearl white Schafter and drives off. Sergei ponders for a moment...

His phone rings...

as he answers to the one and only. Kenny Petrovic.

"Kenny?"

"Good day, Sergei. [Russian]I trust Mikhail is fine?[Russian]"

"[Russian] Yes...he is fine...[Russian] What the hell do you want?"

"I'm here to warn you Sergei."

"Warn me? I'm sorry, but I think neither of us is in a position to advice eachother."

"This is not as far as it gets Sergei. This thing, between your family and the rest of the city, it goes far."

"What?"

"Dimitri is not alone."

He hangs up.

Sergei stands still, eyeing the phone closely, almost expecting Kenny to call back. The louder, instrumental track begins.

He runs into the Turismo.

Fade out.

The soundtrack still blaring, you are inside the Turismo, with a marker pointing to Lionel's apartment in Steinway. You automatically call Dimitri.

No answer.

You automatically call Lionel.

He sarcastically answers: "Yay, more work."

Sergei responds with a serious tone, that this is not a simple backup job. He needs to see him immediately.

Lionel agrees to meet at his apartment in Steinway.

The soundtrack will happily accompany you until you reach Lionel's flat. A brief cutscene appears.

Sergei runs in, pushing some Irish thugs over as he hurries up the stairs.

He almost kicks Lionel's door down, finding him sitting over in his couch, beer in his hand.

"Whoa, whoa!" he yells "What the hell's going on?"

"Where the hell is Dimitri?" says Sergei

"Uh..what?"

"WHERE THE HELL IS DIMITRI?"

"What the f*ck am I supposed to know? I'm not his goddamned guard, you are."

"Ugh...goddamnit! Come with me!"

"What the f*ck is going on?"

"I'll explain on the road!" shouts Sergei back as he rushes back down the stairs.

"You know, there's a goddamn elevator!" shouts Lionel down as he follows.

Fade to black, yet again.

The Turismo is marked with a yellow arrow, and on the map is Perestroika. You and Lionel step in the sports car.

On the way, Sergei explains what just happened, although he doesn't seem to understand much of it either.

"Wait, so you're just gonna' believe what Petrovic says?!" asks Lionel.

"...I don't know...He said this sh*t goes deeper..."

You again call Dimitri. No answer.

Once you reach Perestroika, Sergei barges in right past the guards, Lionel following closely by, and finds Dimitri sitting in a table, drinking a small glass of champange.

Sergei brings out a pistol and points it at Dimitri. He jumps out of the seat, shocked and asking him what the hell is going on.

"I got a phone call from Petrovic."

Dimitri rolls his eyes. "What the f*ck did he say..?"

Sergei cocks the gun. "That..uh..'You are not alone'.."

Dimitri scoffs. "You're pointing a gun at me...because a goddamned asshole of a mobster told you that I'm...not alone?"

"He said that what's going on between us and 'The city' goes "deeper"..."

Lionel walks up to Sergei, holds his arm that's pointing at Dimitri, lowers it slowly and grabs the gun. "Sergei..you're going crazy...Yeah, this entire sh*tload has us all like this, but you should just...calm down...", Lionel assures him.

"Where's Mikhail?" asks Sergei, sitting down.

"He just left with some of his...let's call them ladies.." answers Dimitri. "He talked to Niko"

Sergei exhales, and digs his face into his hands.

Perhaps he has been paranoid. Petrovic was just trying to make him retaliate.

The light instrumental theme begins to play again.

Fade to black.

Mission Complete

Reward: None

user posted image Dimitri will call and tell you to meet up with him outside the Broker shipyard. He apparently needs some "backup" for something...
Edited by The Lolwut Pear

Money Over Bullshit

To be perfectly honest man I feel that mission was a bit of a let down considering all the hype you built up around it. What happened to the ideas of boat chases and car bombs etc?

Mati
To be perfectly honest man I feel that mission was a bit of a let down considering all the hype you built up around it. What happened to the ideas of boat chases and car bombs etc?

f*ck that over the top sh*t. This mission sounds like it's a novel, your best one so far. You give the characters the same personality as they are known from the main game, which is a good thing. I wouldn't expect you to make a comeback. I hope this is your comeback. Got bored with your cave full of hats huh? tounge.gif

The Lolwut Pear

Yes, Mati, I did get bored of my cave of hats.

Speaking of which, I'm going to add hats and an in-game store. Sounds neat, no?

Also, yeah, it was overhyped, but I began to realize that a good story doesn't need all those damn chases and sh*t. I got bored of continously trying to let an action thing flow out, and let Sergei's character flow accordingly to what was going on.

AndyGanteks

Been a while since you've done this.

Lol hat store. too much TF2 i guess? tounge.gif

Akavari

It definitely has a novel effect to it, but I think what MOB was referring to was the lack of a real mission objective. Sure, there was some suspenseful cutscenes and good dialogue, but the mission as a whole served as more of a transitional cinematic. Nevertheless it served its purpose, maybe it could be perfected in the future if there could be some kind of gameplay angle to it. That doesn't necessarily mean an over-the-top chase or slaughtering a regiment of gangsters, it could be something as simple as Sergei doing some independent surveillance to find out what Petrovic really meant on the phone. Instead of pointing a gun at Dimitri, I think it would be more reasonable for him to keep quiet about it but develop a distrust toward Dimitri. I think a spy mission would be interesting, tailing Dimitri to find him shaking hands with Bulgarin.

The Lolwut Pear

Trust me on this akavari: You are on the right track.

I will explore Sergei's (and eventually the familly's) doubt of Dimitri, especially now that Dimitri unveils the relationship with the Ancelotti's.

Money Over Bullshit

f*ck that over the top sh*t. This mission sounds like it's a novel, your best one so far. You give the characters the same personality as they are known from the main game, which is a good thing. I wouldn't expect you to make a comeback. I hope this is your comeback. Got bored with your cave full of hats huh? tounge.gif

Just calling it like I see it man. Sorry if my comment came accross as harsh but I know TLWP is capable of much more so I was kinda let down when I seen that the mission he has been building upto for months was little more than a collection of cutscenes, an oppertunity for a great mission ignored to say the least. I have every faith that the future missions will be superb but this to me is just below par.. sorry.

Money Over Bullshit

Hopefully my last comment didn't put you off continuing this story Pear. Will we be seeing more in the future or have you given up on this??

Akavari

Sergei leaves the life of crime, completes his education at Vespucci University and becomes a law-abiding insurance claims adjuster. The end.

The Lolwut Pear

This, please.

Well, uh, I did try not to give up on it, I actually had the entire story my head, but, well, problems, distractions and other stuff that needs not be mentioned just kept me from it.

I don't want to give this up, but since the attention really isn't down here in GTA Series Chat, I certainly don't see any reason to go on.

Sorry guys.

You can still contact me through PM, gtaf is still my homepage, or through my Steam account.

universetwisters

Doesn't sergi die at the end of Mr & Mrs. Bellic? Or did I miss something?

Jeansowaty

You have added a Polish song in Vladivostok FM. Nice =)

yoloman

So what now with this project?

Money Over Bullshit

So what now with this project?

Well, uh, I did try not to give up on it, I actually had the entire story my head, but, well, problems, distractions and other stuff that needs not be mentioned just kept me from it.

I don't want to give this up, but since the attention really isn't down here in GTA Series Chat, I certainly don't see any reason to go on.

Sorry guys.

Did the fact that there's been nothing posted in this topic for two and a half years not tell you it was dead :dontgetit: