My design work

Jonny_Tightlips

Jonny_Tightlips

Up late. Kinda simple little thing, lately been experimenting with geometry.

Notaho

user posted image

Connection

user posted image

C&C please

...besides that I ain't sayin nuthin.

Up late...been experimenting with geomy.

If you want to call that experimenting.

Love the color combo and the glow/fuzz is easy on the eyes. I appreciate the offset diamonds in 'Connection,' but not crazy about the big triangle at the top, seems last minute/tacked on. What's notaho? reference to our late night experimenting?

oldschoolsigs22.png

Jonny_Tightlips
Up late...been experimenting with geomy.

If you want to call that experimenting.

Love the color combo and the glow/fuzz is easy on the eyes. I appreciate the offset diamonds in 'Connection,' but not crazy about the big triangle at the top, seems last minute/tacked on. What's notaho? reference to our late night experimenting?

Yeah, the triangle definitely needs work. I wanted to give the pattern a centerpiece or a keystone that holds it all together, but if you're getting the impression that it was thrown on last minute then yeah, i'll keep going on it.

And Notaho is a play on words, since the pattern reminded me of some Navajo patterns i've seen.

• 3 weeks later...
Jonny_Tightlips

Alright, started a new project, I was f*cking around with more geometry per usual, this time skipped the triangles, went for hexagons. Since Tri and Set were the filenames i used for the last ones, Sex was due for the six sides.

First Draft

user posted image

At this point I felt it looked sorta cool, trippy as sh*t, but it could go further.

Second Draft

user posted image

Threw it into AE, did some tweaks, used some Magic Bullet effects and tweaked the colors.

Current Outcomes

user posted image

user posted image

This is where I'm at so far. Flattened everything out, duplicated, rotated, added grain and halftone to the top layer then lowered the opacity, then f*cked with the hues.

C&C, please. smile.gif

Tommy-Vercetti19

F*ck that's awesome. Love all that geometrical design. Great work mate! Really like the colours in the last one.

user posted image

yo wassup jim?

Yeah the purple one is freaking great, if I still bought shirts from Threadless I'd totally jump on that if I saw it on there.

WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG

• 1 month later...
Jonny_Tightlips

New one. C&C

The Buddhas of the Ten Directions

user posted image

I love those. The shapes are awesome and I love your color schemes, really looks great!

• 3 weeks later...
Jonny_Tightlips

New design, C&C appreciated!

Lionface

user posted image

And you too can have this commemorative plate set depicting the Universal Glory of Jah for the low low price of 19.95!

(plus shipping and handing)

Narcis_speed6
Looks awesome, you should sell shirts with those icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Jonny_Tightlips

New piece!

Spacegonuser posted image

• 2 months later...
Jonny_Tightlips

Heres some of my latest work from the past three months, experimented with texture layers blended over black and white photographs to imitate a double exposure trick I recently saw on some blogs. hope you enjoy them!

Liquid Sunshine - Cover art for my friend Ohitis's single

user posted image

Ohitis - Just a little f*ckaround that I made after Liquid Sunshine

user posted image

The Sixhorn - Based on my three main astrological signs, Aries and Double Capricorn

user posted image

Buddha Eye - This was originally intended to be an edit of Spacegon, but I added some kaleido effects, and produced this

user posted image

Finally, just finished this tonight. Took a photo I had taken of my grandpa a few years back and did reversed that screen mode effect I was talking about onto Multiply blend mode instead

user posted image

Mister Pink

Zak, your work is amazing and I'm sure you're gonna have loads of people wanting you to design their album covers if you don't already. I love the sort of grainy textures on Ohitis and The Sixhorn that remind my of retro vinyl covers.

Well done! icon14.gif

Impressive!

And I agree with album covers idea,

one of those reminds me of Tame Impala's Innerspeaker

May I ask how you did the Ohitis one? that sort of closing in effect.

Jonny_Tightlips
Impressive!

And I agree with album covers idea,

one of those reminds me of Tame Impala's Innerspeaker

May I ask how you did the Ohitis one? that sort of closing in effect.

It's funny you mention innerspeaker, because it was completely inspired by that artwork. I just duplicated the text layer backward and increased each layer going back 10% more than the one in front. I'm pretty sure how Tame Impala's artist did it with a single image was take the center of the photo, marquee select, edge feather a bit, then duplicate it forward with each layer getting smaller and smaller. It appears then that it's going backward in space.

And thanks for the appreciation, guys!

• 1 month later...
Jonny_Tightlips

My latest piece, "One Must"

user posted image

It's an edit of "Notaho", i'm starting to explore combining my geometric/dreamy/space pieces with contrasting elements to try and give off more depth and room for imagination. Hope you enjoy it!

• 2 months later...
Jonny_Tightlips

I feel pretty selfish just updating this all the time with the desire for people to see my work, but i guess that's just being an artist. Here's so more of my recent work, starting off with my first ever printed Album Cover!

user posted image

This was the unused poster I did for their release event

user posted image

and this was something that i did that looks exactly like both of the above works, did it for this band who i hoped wouldnt see the resemblance, heheh.

user posted image

Edited by Zak.

It's got that retro space vibe diggity to it.

Which I really enjoy.

In other words...

user posted image

38773_s.gif