3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto: Family Ties

The Notorious MOB

The Notorious MOB
After extorting five stores, you would get a call from the person you are working for with an 'extra' mission - triggered by extorting the five businesses. You get another one of these missions when you extort ten, and fifteen, and so on, progressing in difficulty each time but always related to extortion and racketeering. That's where The Godfather screwed up... they made you feel like a one man army and the family around you weren't doing anything to help.

Does that make sense? You would get extra work for having a bigger reputation? Sorry if I got things mixed up.

Yeah I get what you're saying man. I'll add it in on the next update.

This is looking real nice man. I like your descriptions for the social clubs & other side missions. Good luck and keep it up. cookie.gif

The Lolwut Pear
After some consideration I have decided that this idea would suffer too much from the limitations that having it as a PSP game would cause and have decided to leave it as an exclusive download for PS3 ans Xbox 360.

What?! And no PC Version!?

The Notorious MOB
After some consideration I have decided that this idea would suffer too much from the limitations that having it as a PSP game would cause and have decided to leave it as an exclusive download for PS3 ans Xbox 360.

Yes. It's console exclusive.. what's so bad about that?

The Lolwut Pear

Oh my god.

MOB is crazy.

The Notorious MOB

Oh my god.

MOB is crazy.

How so?

is The Lolwut Pear a bit of a PC fanboy??

I'm Loving the new minigames, especially the Gambling, Extortion ones, they are great, and nice new ancelotti members, Great! icon14.gif

san andreas state
Oh well i thought a PSP version would have been better and unique to be honest with you mate there are so many DLC's at the moment.

Can't wait until the crappy half die off............... and whens the next update coming @Money Over Bullsh*t?

The Lolwut Pear

Oh my god.

MOB is crazy.

How so?

is The Lolwut Pear a bit of a PC fanboy??

Ya.

I was just kidding, man.

The Notorious MOB
Oh well i thought a PSP version would have been better and unique to be honest with you mate there are so many DLC's at the moment.

Can't wait until the crappy half die off............... and whens the next update coming @Money Over Bullsh*t?

I couldn't connect to the site for the past couple of days. I should be posting the first part of the story before the end of the week.

Yeah I had that problem too. Server issues I think. Or maybe the elusive "V2" is coming? Looking forward to seeing the story up soon anyway mate icon14.gif Can't wait to see where you go with this.

The Notorious MOB

There will be a little delay on me getting the first part of the story up due to me working a lot more with it being christmas soon. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long though *crosses fingers*

There will be a little delay on me getting the first part of the story up due to me working a lot more with it being christmas soon. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long though *crosses fingers*

Cross fingers indeed... devil.gif

The Notorious MOB

Chapter 1 has been added.. hopefully it lives up to people's expectations.

The Notorious MOB
Brilliant. The story is like reading a well-written movie...Can't wait to see more icon14.gif

That was my intention so it's good to see that it worked out!! colgate.gif

Thanks for the feedback man. icon14.gif

The Notorious MOB
When in GTA IV does the story start?

It will start quite near the start of IV. The only links it will have to the story however is that the same people die in both stories (plus a few extra in this one) although the part involving the Ancelottis will revolve a lot around events in IV. Other than that though there wont really be any way to tell when things are happening in other stories as I progress through the story since I won't really be speaking about things outside of the story such as news reports etc. which would usually give clues to what is going on outside of Carlo's life.

Just been able to read through this: defiantly reminds me of A Bronx Tale, especially with the narrations and it being sent in Bohan 'an all. Liked how you introduced gameplay elements through the chapter aswell mate, very fitting!

Can't wait for the next chapters. Merry christmas, man. xmas.gif

I have to say the first Chapter is brilliant and original i'd say, i like the Chapter option you have taken from a sort of Mafia 2 point of view.

xmas.gif

The Notorious MOB
I have to say the first Chapter is brilliant and original i'd say, i like the Chapter option you have taken from a sort of Mafia 2 point of view.

xmas.gif

This will sound cliché but I had been thinking about a chapter based GTA even before Mafia 2 came out. It started back last winter as I was formulating the possible trinity. I think it suits the new story orientated GTAs very well so I went with it. Glad you like it man icon14.gif

It would be cool if the city would change with each chapter, given that there is a time difference between each chapter. Like one chapter could be in the winter so LC would be snowy and the pedestrians would dress different. It would also be a bit more realistic considering the mafia doesn't tend to pull a dozen jobs and murders within one week which is the case in GTA.

The Notorious MOB
It would be cool if the city would change with each chapter, given that there is a time difference between each chapter. Like one chapter could be in the winter so LC would be snowy and the pedestrians would dress different. It would also be a bit more realistic considering the mafia doesn't tend to pull a dozen jobs and murders within one week which is the case in GTA.

Kinda jumping ahead there man but yes it will be winter in the last couple of chapters.. everything will be covered in snow and the pedestrians will all be wrapped up in hats and scarves etc.

The Lolwut Pear

Kinda jumping ahead there man but yes it will be winter in the last couple of chapters.. everything will be covered in snow and the pedestrians will all be wrapped up in hats and scarves etc.

So the Autumn Chapter would presumably be during the events in GTA IV?

The Notorious MOB

So the Autumn Chapter would presumably be during the events in GTA IV?

Yeah man. Most of the game will take place in the autumn but after the events of IV it will be winter.

I've added the next part of the story guys. Apologies for taking my time with it but I wasnt 100% decided on how I would format the chapters. After some consideration I decided on chapters consisting of about 3-5 parts which I will post seperately due to the amount of writing in them. Hope you all like it smile.gif

The Notorious MOB

For the Car Service game is it like working a taxi or will Carlo be a wheel man/getaway driver?

It's the same thing Roman's car company does. Apparently there are a lot of Mafiosos involved in the industry in NY especially around Brooklyn so I thought it would be a good thing for Carlo to get into early in the story in order to wet his feet.

The game will be available exclusively for download on Xbox Live and the Playstation Network

There should be a disc version for people who don't have Xbox Live or PSN.