3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto: Family Ties

The Notorious MOB

The Notorious MOB
Forbidden fruit... castration pending at the touch of it.

How are the Ancelottis coming along MOB?

To be honest I havent really had a chance to put anything together on them yet. I have some free time this afternoon that could be put towards jotting down a couple of back stories but that could change as the day progresses.

damn dude this is really nice, the character bios are really detailed its like im reading a novel, and the lupara weapon looks f*cking sexy. i could see this being even better than your code of the streets topic, keep it up icon14.gif

The Notorious MOB
damn dude this is really nice, the character bios are really detailed its like im reading a novel, and the lupara weapon looks f*cking sexy. i could see this being even better than your code of the streets topic, keep it up icon14.gif

I dont know wether it will turn out to be better but it will certainly be different.

Will this crossover with Code Of The Streets and Blood And A Four Leaf Clover?

no it's its own thing

I got a suggestion, MOB. I don't think Ranch would make the best alternative clothing store imo. Maybe ProLaps or a sports store instead so you can wear track suits and such? Or you can just add it along with Ranch...I can't see a mafioso wearing cowboy-style clothes.

The Notorious MOB

Will this crossover with Code Of The Streets and Blood And A Four Leaf Clover?

no it's its own thing

I got a suggestion, MOB. I don't think Ranch would make the best alternative clothing store imo. Maybe ProLaps or a sports store instead so you can wear track suits and such? Or you can just add it along with Ranch...I can't see a mafioso wearing cowboy-style clothes.

Duely noted. I'll change it on the next update.

@IvoryX: Carlo wont have any friends as such.. just dudes he gets on well with. There are no friends in the mafia.. if a dude you've known since you were 5 does something to anger your boss and he asks you to whack him you gotta do it or your a dead man. A similar situation will occur in the story but I wont say too much about it.

Oh and info on the Ancelottis will be up tomorrow.. I promise smile.gif

Edited by Money Over Bullshit

The Notorious MOB

Ok I've added some information on the Ancelotti family, which completes the Five Families section.. enjoy cool.gif

Brilliant mate! It's those little details, like;

This new chapter brought with it the induction of many young gangsters in the late 80s

and early 90s earning the operation the nickname of the “mob's playground” and Giovanni the moniker of “Old man Ancelotti” partly due

to his paternal relationship with many of his young soldiers but also as an outside joke due to Ancelotti's distaste for aging and desire to be

eternally young in the eyes of those around him.

Matteo was given control over his own off shoot of the family suprisingly known as 'The Alderney Crew' or 'The Alderney Boys' due to it's membership which included a young Rocco Pelosi and his not so young uncle Vincenzo (who just so happen to be Giovanni's guido inlaws).

which make this such an interesting read. And all those other fleeting references to small time mobsters like 'Tony Red' and Rocco & Vince.

Bravo.

The Notorious MOB
Brilliant mate! It's those little details, like;

This new chapter brought with it the induction of many young gangsters in the late 80s

and early 90s earning the operation the nickname of the “mob's playground” and Giovanni the moniker of “Old man Ancelotti” partly due

to his paternal relationship with many of his young soldiers but also as an outside joke due to Ancelotti's distaste for aging and desire to be

eternally young in the eyes of those around him.

Matteo was given control over his own off shoot of the family suprisingly known as 'The Alderney Crew' or 'The Alderney Boys' due to it's membership which included a young Rocco Pelosi and his not so young uncle Vincenzo (who just so happen to be Giovanni's guido inlaws).

which make this such an interesting read. And all those other fleeting references to small time mobsters like 'Tony Red' and Rocco & Vince.

Bravo.

Tony red will be involved directly in the story where as others such as Rocco and Vince will not.. I didn't think he was significant enough to warrant a whole section to himself though.

Thanks for the compliments man.. I really tried to make the mobsters backstories as close to one's you would see in real life and I can see that it seems to have been effective. So really thank you colgate.gificon14.gif

The Notorious MOB

I'm toying with the idea of making this a PSP Game what do you guys think??

AnthMUFC-Champs

Yes mate i definitely think that would be an excellent idea, the first IV era PSP game which uses a 3rd person perspective.

The Notorious MOB

Yes mate i definitely think that would be an excellent idea, the first IV era PSP game which uses a 3rd person perspective.

The only thing that's putting me off is the graphics issue. I have seen some PSP games that look really nice though and with the PSP 3000 character models lack a lot of the jagged edges that were present in early PSP games and the graphics actually look really smooth. They are a good bit below the current PS3/360 standard though so I wonder would it look a little out of date??

Haven't played on a PSP since the days of LCS & VCS so I'm not up to date on what they're capable of now... why PSP, Mob?

The Notorious MOB
Haven't played on a PSP since the days of LCS & VCS so I'm not up to date on what they're capable of now... why PSP, Mob?

I think this game being on PSP would give it a unique selling point and would set it apart from other games in the GTA IV era.

AnthMUFC-Champs

Yes i think it would be better on the PSP and it could be an exclusive as well and maybe available for the PS Phoneif it ever gets announced that is. Also the graphics are not that bad mate it would be somthing new as well to see LC on the PSP from a 3rd person perspective.

I think this game being on PSP would give it a unique selling point and would set it apart from other games in the GTA IV era.

Would anything have to be compromised in order to have it on PSP, though? Chapters? Side missions?

Concerning 'exclusives' - I wouldn't like that. I didn't like the whole exclusives fiasco before even though I ended up buying a 360 and trading in my PS3, I'd want to play the game without having to buy a new machine/handheld to play it.

The Notorious MOB

Would anything have to be compromised in order to have it on PSP, though? Chapters? Side missions?

Concerning 'exclusives' - I wouldn't like that. I didn't like the whole exclusives fiasco before even though I ended up buying a 360 and trading in my PS3, I'd want to play the game without having to buy a new machine/handheld to play it.

I think side activities would be ok.. maybe there would be a short blackout when entering and exiting interiors or crossing onto other islands and the draw distance on the scenery would have to be extremely short among a few other things in order to allow for the graphical restrictions. There is a vast difference between the graphics of GTA IV on the PC and on consoles which doesn't seem to bother people but as you say alot of people would need to buy a psp in order to play this unless they already owned one. It could be also available for download on the PS Network but that would kind of defeat the purpose of having it on PSP completely.

The Notorious MOB

After some consideration I have decided that this idea would suffer too much from the limitations that having it as a PSP game would cause and have decided to leave it as an exclusive download for PS3 and Xbox 360.

I've also make some additions to the OP namely adding in some gameplay features and some side activities. Let me know what you guys think. I will also be adding in some more characters that will appear in the story soon so stay tuned. cool.gif

Edited by Money Over Bullshit

AnthMUFC-Champs

Oh well i thought a PSP version would have been better and unique to be honest with you mate there are so many DLC's at the moment.

Some DLC's automatically stand out from the rest, especially those like this one where the work has gone in. It's original, and just because it's another DLC wouldn't make sense for it to be on the PSP. Godfather: Mob Wars springs to mind, though that was years ago!

I like the extortion and that you're able to do over businesses but have to be smart about it due to the risks involved. The system could do with some bigger variety though, because even though they nailed it and it can't really be bettered in anyway, it still rings too much of The Godfather, like we talked about yonks ago! Maybe just to change things up extortion could additionally involve extorting people other than shop owners? Maybe Carlo could be sent by his boss to see politicians and other high up figures in a "This is a 54" Plasma TV from your friends at Opium Nights. Harry knows you'll do the right thing." kind of way?

The Notorious MOB
Some DLC's automatically stand out from the rest, especially those like this one where the work has gone in. It's original, and just because it's another DLC wouldn't make sense for it to be on the PSP. Godfather: Mob Wars springs to mind, though that was years ago!

I like the extortion and that you're able to do over businesses but have to be smart about it due to the risks involved. The system could do with some bigger variety though, because even though they nailed it and it can't really be bettered in anyway, it still rings too much of The Godfather, like we talked about yonks ago! Maybe just to change things up extortion could additionally involve extorting people other than shop owners? Maybe Carlo could be sent by his boss to see politicians and other high up figures in a "This is a 54" Plasma TV from your friends at Opium Nights. Harry knows you'll do the right thing." kind of way?

Yeah that could be a tidy addition mate. Making it a side activity may be too big for the scope of the game though.. maybe I could incorporate it in the story some how though.

The thing about making a mafia game is that it will always be like The Godfather in some way.. especially when it comes to side missions and stuff since they included just about everything a member of the mafia can do. The tolerence bars and stuff wouldn't be included and the "blackhand" control would also be absent though since this is a gta with gta style mechanics so I think the extortions would play out quite differently.

@AnthMUFC-Champs: I thought the same at first but logically it just wouldn't work due to the limitations.

The Notorious MOB

Ok I've added those supporting characters I promised you guys yesterday. I'm gonna start working on getting a story together from now on and I will be posting it by degrees over the next few weeks. In the meantime please let me hear your feedback and keep this topic alive. Thanks colgate.gificon14.gif

I like the new characters, especially Vulaj the Albanian who doesn't seem to be here in the typical GTA punching bag role they normally occupy.

About the extortion, I agree with what you say and that it can't really be changed. I just think it would be cool to get a call after you've extorted five or ten stores (and are now bringing in quite a bit of money) and have quite the reputation as the racketeer from your Capo who has a more important form of Extortion he wants you to take care of on the occasion before you go back to strong-arming stores again. It could add a feeling of progression that isn't in the form of game money, a rise of importance in your role in the family's machine.

The Notorious MOB
I like the new characters, especially Vulaj the Albanian who doesn't seem to be here in the typical GTA punching bag role they normally occupy.

About the extortion, I agree with what you say and that it can't really be changed. I just think it would be cool to get a call after you've extorted five or ten stores (and are now bringing in quite a bit of money) and have quite the reputation as the racketeer from your Capo who has a more important form of Extortion he wants you to take care of on the occasion before you go back to strong-arming stores again. It could add a feeling of progression that isn't in the form of game money, a rise of importance in your role in the family's machine.

Hmm yeah that could work alright. How would it work exactly in your mind though because I'm not quite sure how I could include it.

After extorting five stores, you would get a call from the person you are working for with an 'extra' mission - triggered by extorting the five businesses. You get another one of these missions when you extort ten, and fifteen, and so on, progressing in difficulty each time but always related to extortion and racketeering. That's where The Godfather screwed up... they made you feel like a one man army and the family around you weren't doing anything to help.

Does that make sense? You would get extra work for having a bigger reputation? Sorry if I got things mixed up.