2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto: Family Ties

The Notorious MOB

Do you have a back story or insight  to the origins of the commission? When/How it was created and by who? 

Gustavo Gambetti, Giuseppe Pavano,

Giuseppe Messina, Antonio Polizzi, Vincent Bianco? 

2 minutes ago, Baker1991 said:

Do you have a back story or insight  to the origins of the commission? When/How it was created and by who? 

Gustavo Gambetti, Giuseppe Pavano,

Giuseppe Messina, Antonio Polizzi, Vincent Bianco? 

Gustavo Gambetti was replaced by Sonny Cangelosi but when and how? Was he killed? Did Sonny take over amicably?

Guisepe Pavano lived til the early 80's when valvona took control, pavono must have been pretty old by the 80's if he controlled the family 50 years prior? 

Ofcourse we know Messina's story but whatever happened to him after he left Liberty? 

Antonio Polizzi was replaced by Carmine Lupisella in 1969? Is that right? 

And lastly Antonio Bianco? Giorgio Ancelotti must have been boss by 1972 for his nephew to be his Underboss. 

Very curious to know if you have any insight to any of this? Ofcourse without giving away to any spoilers to mob rules 😛

The Notorious MOB

I have my own ideas, but if you're inspired by this, then why not begin crafting your own stories?

Probably a lot less intensive for everyone for me to just fill in the details piece by piece. That's usually the way good pieces of fiction work isn't it. Rather than overloading people with everything from the start.

I mean had them details of Vito Corleone's early years already been out there, then you probably wouldn't have been inspired to begin putting them together yourself.

1 hour ago, The Notorious MOB said:

I have my own ideas, but if you're inspired by this, then why not begin crafting your own stories?

Probably a lot less intensive for everyone for me to just fill in the details piece by piece. That's usually the way good pieces of fiction work isn't it. Rather than overloading people with everything from the start.

I mean had them details of Vito Corleone's early years already been out there, then you probably wouldn't have been inspired to begin putting them together yourself.

Yeah okay sorry fair enough, would have loved to have the opportunity to ask Mario Puzo for all his insights though 😛

The Notorious MOB
11 hours ago, Baker1991 said:

Yeah okay sorry fair enough, would have loved to have the opportunity to ask Mario Puzo for all his insights though 😛

One thing that Rockstar has always done is remained pretty scant with the details. This is what allowed for so many tie in stories to be created here for GTA IV. With the arrival of online there's a requirement there to flesh out certain details but they've still remained fairly shallow with the lore. Could be intentional or could be that they don’t know what they're doing, who knows.

Over the years I've noticed this with a lot of different forms of media, even with obvious plotholes, people who love a certain franchise will often bend over backwards to try and right wrongs, connect the dots and fill in the blanks. 

What we've seen here lately is a renewed burst of different writers all putting forward their differing interpretations of character backstories and in-universe versions real world events. This is something that I've come to appreciate more than just setting out my interpretations in long form and nailing my colours to the mast.

One thing I've also learned with this topic is that something that made perfect sense for a time can often change dramatically in your head as you take in other perspectives on things and gain supplementary information. That's another reason why I'd rather just break things down into chunks and present them as they become relevant in certain settings and stories. 

Many of the changes over the years have been minor, but I don't want to constantly have to keep going back and making edits to things so that they fit into the wider canon.

That being said, I'd love to see how you interpret all of this, either in a post or in a full blown topic. Hopefully then we can all begin to nurture a culture of many creators rather than a dominant few.

• 2 months later...

To be honest, If I had the money and being a scripter, game designer and people to create a video game, I would take your story and recruit you also give you credits. I‘m so amazed by this well written and beautiful story, wish this was an actual game, nowadays we got only crap games which are all over the same game types. Tysm for creating this ❤️

• Like 2

The Notorious MOB
On 2/13/2022 at 9:30 AM, Steshy said:

To be honest, If I had the money and being a scripter, game designer and people to create a video game, I would take your story and recruit you also give you credits. I‘m so amazed by this well written and beautiful story, wish this was an actual game, nowadays we got only crap games which are all over the same game types. Tysm for creating this ❤️

Thank you. Much appreciated 🙏 

Francesco Bonomo

Always happy to see that this concept still gains fans. It's honestly one of my favorites.

The Notorious MOB
On 2/18/2022 at 6:38 PM, Francesco Bonomo said:

Always happy to see that this concept still gains fans. It's honestly one of my favorites.

It's great to see yeah. Still kind of hard to believe it's the third most viewed concept on here :)

For anyone who's interested the top ten are:

1. Grand Theft Auto: Lincoln State by Dragonex100 (225.7k)
  2. GTA: Blood and a Four Leaf Clover by Akavari (152.8k)
  3. Grand Theft Auto: Family Ties by Yours Truly (134.7k)
  4. Grand Theft Auto V: Vice City by SammiiDoogles (123.9k)
  5. Grand Theft Auto Las Venturas by Omnia sunt Communia (121.8k)

6. GTA: The Code of The Streets by Me Again (111.4k)

7. Grand Theft Auto VI: Vice by Tyla (102.9k)

8. GTA: World by killdrivetheftvehicle (80.7k)

9. GTA: The King Of The City by LuisBellic (79.6k)

10. Grand Theft Auto IV: From Russia Without Mercy by The Lolwut Pear (77.7k)

And then just missing out is Grand Theft Auto IV: London by Tyla (again) with just under 71 thousand views at the time of posting.

Interestingly enough the majority of these were posted in 2009 or 2010 when the buzz was still alive after the release of GTA IV and it's episodes. Only two having been posted in the last 10 years. GTA: World is probably the most popular in recent times having been posted in 2017 and actually dwarfs all of the others in terms of views per year. So a well done to killdrivetheftvehicle I think needs to be extended as well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Jimmy Cast
On 11/26/2021 at 4:14 PM, Baker1991 said:

What about Fast Philly Santucci? He was released in 2007 and heads one of the gambetti's best earning Crew with members such as Peter Gravelli, it was even said he would have most likely taken the position of Underboss on 2 separate occasions had he not been incarcerated at the time? Therefore would he not step up to be the boss with his 20 years on Zito? Also he mentored Zito, so I feel he would agree to this? 

It’s a shame what happened to Santucci here. It actually reminds me fondly of an occasion around this time of year, back in the late ‘90s or early 2000s, when I took some time out from my Vice City vacation to catch up with him for a scoop.

It was a bright and sunny day in Tequesta but I’m sure Santucci would much rather have been back home in the miserable and snowy LC.

With lawyer his Selina Spellman at his side, “Fast Philly” strode up to the federal courthouse with a shopping bag full of licensed sportswear and a smile on his face for what he knew would most likely be a losing fight.

"I think we got them on the law," he told me with a wry grin, "but I don't know if justice will prevail, because they got me listed as a big time gangster from Liberty.”

The last part he really emphasized, since I had previously alluded to the fact on numerous occasions. Mainly because I knew it to be the unequivocal truth, and so did the federal prosecutor and three suited agents gunning for him at that very moment in time.

Santucci was a stone cold killer and a lifelong hood. If I remember correctly, he was there for a bail revocation hearing. I mean it must have been, because a couple of months prior, the feds in Liberty City had tacked on racketeering charges to those already filed in Tequesta, and he had been confined to his home in Broker, with an ankle bracelet monitoring his movement and a wiretap monitoring his telephone calls.

He’d been free on bail when the second set of charges were lodged, but, citing the new charges, prosecutors then tried to revoke his bail. A judge in Liberty had ruled that house arrest would suffice. But the feds took another shot at him and claimed he violated his bail terms by committing further crimes, specifically, conspiring to traffic in counterfeit goods.

I made it inside past a sea of other reporters just in time to see his lawyer Ms. Spellman introduce into evidence a Liberty Penetrators jacket and a Swingers shirt which, unlike the sweatshirt the feds produced, all had official tags and markings. She actually had more goodies in her bag, but Judge Larry Bevacqua indicated he had seen enough.

Spellman said her client might have some civil liability at a push, but added that bail had never been revoked in a federal case for allegations not involving drugs or violence, nor was Santucci a threat to flee.

Judge Bevacqua revoked Santucci's bail nonetheless. He did however give Santucci a 24-hour reprieve and allowed him to fly back to Liberty City and surrender to prison authorities there.

"At least the airline ticket won't go to waste," said old Phil, who carefully gathered up his particulars while deciding whether to appeal Bevacqua's ruling or not.

He was stand up guy ‘til the end. And he ultimately never appealed, preferring to just remain quiet and do his time. Like a man.

R.I.P.

• Like 2

The Coconut Kid

Give this man his Pulitzer!

• Like 1

Jimmy Cast
On 3/10/2022 at 8:25 PM, The Coconut Kid said:

Give this man his Pulitzer!

I suspect you may be jesting. But if not, you are incredibly kind. A Pulitzer is a bit of a stretch, but I have in the past been shortlisted for a George Polk.

Can you tell me, are more of these anecdotes something that people would be happy to see?

The Notorious MOB
2 hours ago, Jimmy Cast said:

I suspect you may be jesting. But if not, you are incredibly kind. A Pulitzer is a bit of a stretch, but I have in the past been shortlisted for a George Polk.

Can you tell me, are more of these anecdotes something that people would be happy to see?

In principle I don't have a problem with this. I'd love to see other forms of creativity here and it would be good to see some of my characters being adapted in different ways. It's also interesting to see somebody mix different influences and such. Would this be a topic of it's own or which form would it take?

• Like 1

The Coconut Kid

I'm glad MOB has given his blessing. Your anecdotes are something I would be very happy to see more of.

Having an awarded career organised crime journalist on board could be a great way of bringing the news stories from this post to life... 😉

The Notorious MOB
On 3/19/2022 at 3:12 AM, The Coconut Kid said:

I'm glad MOB has given his blessing. Your anecdotes are something I would be very happy to see more of.

Having an awarded career organised crime journalist on board could be a great way of bringing the news stories from this post to life... 😉

I had actually been planning at one point of maybe typing those out, but if the man himself were to do it, I would be honoured to say the least 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
Jimmy Cast
On 3/22/2022 at 1:49 PM, The Notorious MOB said:

I had actually been planning at one point of maybe typing those out, but if the man himself were to do it, I would be honoured to say the least 🙂

I don't know about that exactly, but I may just have something in the works 😉