2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto: Family Ties

The Notorious MOB

What's up MOB! I never got around to reading this because of my long absence from GTAF but I definently will soon. I'm sure I'm absolutely gonna love it based on how great Code of The Streets was...

The Notorious MOB

What's up MOB! I never got around to reading this because of my long absence from GTAF but I definently will soon. I'm sure I'm absolutely gonna love it based on how great Code of The Streets was...

Thank you LB, its good to see you back, hopefully we get to see some good contributions from you in this section soon :colgate:

Enjoyed the last mission MOB, nice way to end the chapter by muscling in on the russian's businesses while they're organisation is in disarray. Will be good to imagine South Broker with an Italian mob presence also. Are you looking to expand on the business ownership, like some low level Russians, or maybe even Albanians try to muscle back in? Or will the properties just serve as a steady source of income once they're taken over? Either way, looking forward to seeing where you go with this next, and how the Gambetti's operate under Zito's leadership. I've been without a laptop for a while but I'm looking to get back to work on my own concept soon, so u can expect me to annoy you with more questions about the italian mob in the next few weeks. But anyway I'll be catching up on as much of Family Ties as I can while I await your upcoming missions. Keep up the good work mate!!

My thinking was that the businesses would be attacked periodically requiring you to work a bit for the income they generate but I wasn't sure if this would be too much of an annoyance for the player. Maybe the attacks could be very infrequent though unlike in GTA V when they took the absolute piss with how often your assets came under attack. I intend for Zito's regime to be more of a mirror of the real life Gambinos in the late 2000s to early 2010s so you can expect a few references to things that happened within that family around the time setting of the game including the re-emergence of the family's Sicilian faction (originally created by Jon Gravelli's cousin's the Cangelosi Brothers) after doing some time in prison for a drug trafficking operation with no intentions of giving up on it (especially now that notoriously anti-narcotics campaigner Gravelli has kicked the bucket). My intention for the future of the family is that over time Zito will become a puppet for the Sicilians who will eventually take over after his arrest on charges that the FIB have already started building against him, which also means that the appearance of Agents Russo and DeSoto a few episodes earlier will not be fleeting :)

Another interesting note related to this is that when the indictments started being handed out Gambino acting boss Nicholas "Little Nick" Corozzo fled his home on Long Island to avoid arrest. Corozzo turned himself over to law enforcement officials on May 29, 2008, after almost four months as a fugitive. Similarly when indictments started being handed out to the Gambettis in 2007 Underboss Sammy Bottino fled the city and was arrested in San Andreas in 2011 after four years on the run. Both of them took a plea, but unlike Corozzo, Bottino became a rat.

Edited by Money Over Bullshit
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I kinda gave up on the concepts when GTA V was announced because I knew everyone was gonna be more focused on that. I've thought about doing a concept but I haven't really put any thought into what it would be about.

i'd love a GTA focused on mafia. This is pretty great.

The Notorious MOB

Yeah, I kinda gave up on the concepts when GTA V was announced because I knew everyone was gonna be more focused on that. I've thought about doing a concept but I haven't really put any thought into what it would be about.

Yeah this section hasn't really been the same since then unfortunately.

While we're on the subject of unfortunate circumstances.. I started musing about some dialogue for the next part of the story the other day and I thought while I was on a roll I may as well write some of it down I really should have gone with my instincts at the time because I ended up going out with some friends and when I got home I had completely lost my train of thought. I can still remember the general jist of it but I can seem to recapture that flow that I had previously. I've been out of the habit writing for a few months so maybe I've lost my knack.. who knows. I did learn something though.. if you have a good idea always write it down right away otherwise it will degenerate over time and lose its impact.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Agree 100% about writing things down while they're fresh in your mind. Throughout my workday I always think of some of the best dialogue and natural ways to link different aspects of the story together, then forget half the details once I have pen and paper. I really need to start carrying a note pad.

Anyway, I really like the idea to have the Gambetti's sicilian faction come to power like their real life counterpart. Are you gonna have Carlo work for them at some point or will they just be alluded to towards the end of the game? Or maybe a small appearance of a Cefalu type character, as it'd be interesting to see what kind of persona you'd give the old greaseball types, in comparison to their American counterparts. I'll be looking forward to reading more of the situation with the two agents also. This really intrigues me since i'm really curious how you intend to play this out, especially given that one possible route could see Carlo become an informant. And now that we know Zito's going down, I wonder how much of a connection there'll be to Carlo's little meeting with the Feds (if any at all).

Hope to see more soon MOB, keep it up!!

The Notorious MOB

Agree 100% about writing things down while they're fresh in your mind. Throughout my workday I always think of some of the best dialogue and natural ways to link different aspects of the story together, then forget half the details once I have pen and paper. I really need to start carrying a note pad.

Anyway, I really like the idea to have the Gambetti's sicilian faction come to power like their real life counterpart. Are you gonna have Carlo work for them at some point or will they just be alluded to towards the end of the game? Or maybe a small appearance of a Cefalu type character, as it'd be interesting to see what kind of persona you'd give the old greaseball types, in comparison to their American counterparts. I'll be looking forward to reading more of the situation with the two agents also. This really intrigues me since i'm really curious how you intend to play this out, especially given that one possible route could see Carlo become an informant. And now that we know Zito's going down, I wonder how much of a connection there'll be to Carlo's little meeting with the Feds (if any at all).

Hope to see more soon MOB, keep it up!!

Yeah man I agree wholeheartedly. I will just have to sit down one day when I have the time and try to recreate the flow I had before. As far as the Sicilian faction goes, well, they will simply be alluded to I'm afraid. There's only about two chapters left (or 5 "missions" in total) so it doesn't leave much room for expansion. The next installment will take place amidst the backdrop of Jon Gravelli's funeral (which takes place shortly after the end of The Ballad of Gay Tony) and I will be trying my best to wrap everything up after that. Carlo's interactions with the Gambetti leadership so far has mostly been with Roy Zito who is more or less just a glorified capo so he won't exactly be privy to everything. Zito will appear in the next segment but he won't be seen again after that, from this point on everything pertaining to him will pretty much be restricted to playing out behind the scenes but I hope to put across everything I said in the previous post in pretty definite terms through Carlo's interactions with the FIB, which means yes, they will be making another appearance. I wouldn't say that his interaction with them is the most important factor in the feds jumping on his case since he has never really been a very secretive guy but it will definitely play some part at least. My thinking is that Zito will attempt to insulate himself by spending most of his time in the Gambetti social club but will end up providing the feds with a perfect opportunity to catch him by maybe placing a bug in there while he's away. I don't know when they might do it though.. if only there were some kind of event coming up where most of the family would be in attendance away from the club :)

Ye that's a nice way to have Zito get caught out, and a nice nod to the downfall of Gotti (I think, haha. Where is the Gambetti social club by the way? Is it based on the Ravenite?). This really keeps the feeling that IV set with the Gambetti's struggling to retain there foothold in the modern era, and I'm assuming the wiretap in the club will have some Zito loyalists being implicated along with him? Leaving less Gambetti members on the streets to oppose the sicilian faction's dominance (although I suppose their position may suit some young soldiers who can deal in narcotics without the restraints that gravelli put on them). I'm Kinda glad that Carlo's interaction with the Feds won't play too much of a role here, I thought you was gonna drop a bombshell and have Carlo testify or something! Also, the new bosses not appearing can be a plus in my opinion, as I think a character/'s can have a bigger and more powerful presence when they are referred to but don't actually appear on screen. I felt it added a lot of weight to the Kenny Petrovic character in IV. Anyway, I can't wait to read the next few missions MOB, hope u get a chance to work on them soon!!

Ye that's a nice way to have Zito get caught out, and a nice nod to the downfall of Gotti (I think, haha. Where is the Gambetti social club by the way? Is it based on the Ravenite?). This really keeps the feeling that IV set with the Gambetti's struggling to retain there foothold in the modern era, and I'm assuming the wiretap in the club will have some Zito loyalists being implicated along with him? Leaving less Gambetti members on the streets to oppose the sicilian faction's dominance (although I suppose their position may suit some young soldiers who can deal in narcotics without the restraints that gravelli put on them). I'm Kinda glad that Carlo's interaction with the Feds won't play too much of a role here, I thought you was gonna drop a bombshell and have Carlo testify or something! Also, the new bosses not appearing can be a plus in my opinion, as I think a character/'s can have a bigger and more powerful presence when they are referred to but don't actually appear on screen. I felt it added a lot of weight to the Kenny Petrovic character in IV. Anyway, I can't wait to read the next few missions MOB, hope u get a chance to work on them soon!!

The Notorious MOB

The Gambetti Social Club is based in South Slopes and is mostly based on the Portofino Soccer Club in Canarsie but clearly draws inspiration from other Gambino Social Clubs such as the Ravenite in Manhattan and the Bergin Hunt and Fish Club in Queens. I hadn't really thought about exactly who would be indicted aside from Zito but I'm thinking many members of his inner circle would also fall into the FIB's trap leaving the playing field open for a whole new regime to come to power within the family. Even if the wiretap in the club didn't get them I'm sure Sammy Bottino would have enough information to strike a considerable blow when he became an informant following his arrest in 2011. Although Rockstar did a really good job with the Liberty City Mafia they seem to have drawn inspiration for their families most from mobsters such as Carlo Gambino and Vincent Gigante who had long since lost power over their respective families by 2008. Therefore I feel it necessary to sort of correct that in a way by having this story bridge the gap between the old world and the new.

Oh my god... I am in love with the italian Mafia stories. Please, where and how can I play this beautiful, awesome, perfect and attractive Modification? Please tell me i am serious :(

Oh my god... I am in love with the italian Mafia stories. Please, where and how can I play this beautiful, awesome, perfect and attractive Modification? Please tell me i am serious :(

In your imagination.

I have been reading the last page or so of missions and the quality of the chapters still floors me. I enjoyed everything from Dimitri and Jon Gravelli's appearances to the inevitiable appearance of the FIB. Is Carlo gonna flip I wonder..

One of my favourite moments in The Lion and The Fox was Dimitri's execution of Andriy. He kills him and puts all the blame on him for everything. Great consistency for how much of a self preservational prick Dimitri was. :^:

You get double points for the Lenny and Sergei cameos - nice touch. I almost felt bad for Sergei knowing that he's pretty much doomed.

I liked Dino's death. He was probably in exactly the same situation as Carlo found himself in but didn't play it nearly as well. I really got the feeling he knew more than he'd given up. Like maybe he could've dropped Carlo in the sh*t but chose not to.

Gotta close with this quote from You Deal and You Die...

Zito: "I think I could do with something stiff after that one"

Very humorous all things considered. :D Can't wait to see what you deliver in the following chapters.

The Notorious MOB

I have been reading the last page or so of missions and the quality of the chapters still floors me. I enjoyed everything from Dimitri and Jon Gravelli's appearances to the inevitiable appearance of the FIB. Is Carlo gonna flip I wonder..

One of my favourite moments in The Lion and The Fox was Dimitri's execution of Andriy. He kills him and puts all the blame on him for everything. Great consistency for how much of a self preservational prick Dimitri was. :^:

You get double points for the Lenny and Sergei cameos - nice touch. I almost felt bad for Sergei knowing that he's pretty much doomed.

I liked Dino's death. He was probably in exactly the same situation as Carlo found himself in but didn't play it nearly as well. I really got the feeling he knew more than he'd given up. Like maybe he could've dropped Carlo in the sh*t but chose not to.

Gotta close with this quote from You Deal and You Die...

Zito: "I think I could do with something stiff after that one"

Very humorous all things considered. :D Can't wait to see what you deliver in the following chapters.

Thanks a lot for the feedback man you always seem to get what I'm trying to put across in these situations. Dino knew he probably wasn't gonna make it to witness protection so at that moment he only hopes that they'll make it quick. The first indication we get that the feds know who Carlo is is when they photograph him outside Alazone's with Peter after the Narducci assassination so I'd say you're probably right you'll also notice that all of the crimes involving Carlo listed by the agents (drug dealing, murder, labour racketeering and extortion) are ones he committed whilst working for the Messina Family.. it doesn't really take a genius to figure out who their other witness is but Carlo isn't exactly armed with the same information we are and drug dealing and murder have pretty much become his two most popular sources of income as of late so it kind of widens the net. Dino said of Marco at Nicky's funeral "we all make choices, he just made the wrong ones". Well many would agree with you in saying that he himself did too. As far as he was concerned they had him by the balls but he wasn't willing to do the time for people who he seen as having brought him nothing but misery. For me that seen was probably the most significant in terms of foreshadowing his betrayal and shedding light on his motivations.

I know I've been saying this for over a month now but I'm definitely gonna try to get Chapter 17 finished soon. I should have the first part of the penultimate chapter posted soon after that. The next one is kind of one of them obstacles in the narrative road since I want to put across a lot of information but make it as short and snappy as possible. The one after that will probably divide the readers a bit but hopefully it doesn't piss anybody off haha. On the other hand I could be completely off the mark with my assumption, either way I hope the feedback will be positive :)

I actually hadn't cottoned on to the other rat having been away from the topic for a while reading that last chapter, but I'm with you now. Great consistency man. You really have planned this out to the last detail. I can't wait for that situation to rear its head.

And feedback can always be positively pissed off so feel free to go guns out and divide us readers! :pp

The Notorious MOB

I actually hadn't cottoned on to the other rat having been away from the topic for a while reading that last chapter, but I'm with you now. Great consistency man. You really have planned this out to the last detail. I can't wait for that situation to rear its head.

And feedback can always be positively pissed off so feel free to go guns out and divide us readers! :pp

I'm not 100% sure what situation you're referring to but given that there's only only a few installments left I can say it will rear its head pretty soon. If you're thinking what I'm thinking though it will be very soon indeed :)

For those who are interested I've been doing some periodic updates on the characters section over the past while in order to improve some of the descriptions. When I first wrote the biographies I was working off of a pretty abstract framework but now I've built up a better sense of exactly who each character is in my head. I've also written about half of the next installment and another half of a non chapter piece similar to the "Welcome to The Neighborhood" segment a while ago that I will probably finish tonight. It's a nice bit of fan service that I hope people enjoy. As a matter of fact the next three parts of the story I'm gonna post are pretty heavy in that regard so be prepared to see (or rather read about) two previously unseen characters and another one who a lot of people seem to like from GTA IV :colgate:

Ooh, I can't wait to see this Welcome to The Neighborhood segment and I'm pretty keyed up for the two unseen characters too. I'm going to go back and have a read of the last couple chapters and see if I can figure out who they are!

Which parts of the characters section did you update man? With such a massive amount of content it's hard to see what's new

The Notorious MOB

Ooh, I can't wait to see this Welcome to The Neighborhood segment and I'm pretty keyed up for the two unseen characters too. I'm going to go back and have a read of the last couple chapters and see if I can figure out who they are!

Which parts of the characters section did you update man? With such a massive amount of content it's hard to see what's new

The Welcome to the Neighborhood segment has already been posted. It's the one where the feds come to visit Carlo at his new house in Richmond Island. You probably already seen it but here's a link just in case. Most of the key member's bios have been updated in some way I just added a few little details here and there.

I'll be posting the next part of the story in just a few minutes so you wont have to wait long at all :)

The Notorious MOB

Chapter 17

Part 3 - "Guilty by Association"

Carlo's phone will ring and he will answer it

"Hey Carlo it's Pete. We're over at my uncle's funeral.."

Carlo: "And let me guess you want me to come pick you up?"

Peter: "If it's too much of a burden for you I can call someone else"

Carlo: "No, I'll do it. Where abouts are you?"

Peter: "It's the old church over by Meadows Park"

Carlo: "Sure thing I'll be right over"

When you arrive you will see Peter Gravelli, Roy Zito and Vinnie standing outside the church along with several other people, many of them mobster types. There will also be a notable presence of federal agents. Peter will be the first to address Carlo as he approaches

Peter: "Hey Carlo"

Vinnie will also nod in acknowledgment of his presence. Roy however will seem a bit preoccupied.

Carlo: "How was the service?"

Peter: "Beautiful. He got the send off he deserved"

Carlo: "You know I would've liking to be be there"

Peter: "Long time members only, I'm sure you understand"

Carlo: "Yeah.. I understand"

At this point Zito will break his silence (and the tension) by tapping Carlo on his chest and saying "Look at this"

Carlo: "What is it?"

Roy will look at Carlo like he's an idiot

"The f*cking feds.. ever since I got crowned these motherf*ckers have been following me around like a bad smell.. everywhere I go I've got the f*cking feds up my ass. They think I don't notice the van they've had parked opposite the club. The side says they work for the cable company but it don't take two weeks to rig up no cable. It's still there when I get back I'm gonna take an ice pick from the bar and stick it to their tyres, see how they f*cking like that"

Carlo will look around

"Yeah looks like they've got people all over the place. Matter of fact there seems to be more of them than actual guests.. where are all of these 'powerful friends'?"

Roy: "This sh*t aint like the old days. Back when I was a kid a Don popped his clogs there'd be so many people the cops would close down the street, but nowadays nobody wants to be seen around these things for fear that the feds might start building a case. Guilty by association I think is the term. The family's here and that's all that matters. Plus we've got a special guest coming later so we've got to put on a unified front"

Dark clouds will have begun to form in the sky

"Anyways we better get going, looks like the weather's about to turn nasty"

He will then motion towards two of his captains and begin to walk towards a car with them

Carlo: "You aint coming with us?"

Roy: "I've got some business to discuss on the way over there. I'll see you guys at the cemetery. And don't worry.."

Carlo: "I know, it aint nothing personal"

Roy will point to his nose and then point at Carlo as if you be notifying him of a correct answer in a game of charades. He will then get into the car, at which point Peter (who is already sitting in the passenger seat of another car) will say "come on Carlo lets go". You will now be instructed to get into the driver seat and take up your position in the funeral procession. The cemetery is close by but the motorcade will take an unexpected detour through Broker on the way there. There will be some in-car dialogue between Peter, Vinnie and Carlo but you can skip to the next section if you'd like.

Peter: "We're heading over to the cemetery in Steinway, you gotta stay in formation"

Carlo: "Can do"

From this point on you must stay in position behind the car in front, only braking at stop lights and not fall too far behind, otherwise you will fail the mission before it even begins. As you pull away from the church you will start being pursued by several dark coloured Buffalos.

Carlo: "Looks like we've got some company"

Peter: "Those f*cking vultures aint they got any respect?"

Carlo: "Should I roll down the window and flip them the bird?"

Peter: "Just play it cool and don't do anything stupid"

A short distance up the road you will come to a crossroads where the motorcade will turn left instead of right towards the cemetery and carry on straight towards Broker.

Carlo: "Why are they turning off this way, isn't the cemetery up that way?"

Peter: "We're driving through the old neighborhood, its only right"

Carlo: "Ok roger that"

After a while you will pass by the Gambetti Social club. Just as Roy said there will be a van parked opposite with a sign saying "The Cable Guys" written on the side. Damaging it however will lead to mission failure. After this the Buffalos will turn off and stop following you.

Peter: "Looks like somebody called off the dogs"

Vinnie: "And I thought we was gonna be friends"

Carlo: "Speaking of friends.. Roy mentioned something about a special guest.. who might that be?"

Peter: "My cousin Jon Junior, my uncle's baby boy. Actually he's a few years older than me but I think of him as the baby because he's a f*cking imbecile"

Carlo: "And he couldn't make it to the service or what?"

Peter: "No Carlo he couldn't make it to the service. He couldn't make it to the service because he's doing a nickel upstate for armed robbery. He's coming to the end of his sentence to they've agreed to let him attend the burial on compassionate leave. The only thing is, he aint going back"

Carlo (intrigued): "How's that?"

Peter: "We're gonna break him loose and you're going to help us facilitate it"

Carlo: "Is that so.."

Peter: "What is it with you lately and not doing what I ask you? What you should say is yes Pete, how do you want me to do that for you Pete? I like you but you're in serious need of an attitude adjustment"

Carlo: "I don't mean to be disobedient but as far as ideas go that's bordering on the ridiculous"

Peter: "It might seem that way but you're new, you probably aint even on the cop's radar so they wont be watching you as closely. We've got a mole on the inside and I know for sure that he aint ever heard of you"

Carlo: "A mole on the inside?"

Peter: "Yeah.. that's how we found out your little buddy was talking"

Carlo: "Ok maybe they don't know who I am but it's only a matter of time before they start building a case against me and a stunt like this is gonna make me figure pretty highly on their priorities list"

Peter: "Ok look, Junior's family so I'd think of this as a personal favour to me which means that you'll also figure pretty highly in my estimations and I'm sure that goes for the big man too"

Vinnie: "If you don't wanna do it Carlo, I could do it. It would be an honour to protect Junior like I protected his father"

Peter: "Don't be such a kiss ass Vincenzo, Carlo's gonna do it. Aren't you Carlo?"

Carlo: "Against my better judgment, yeah"

Peter: "Hey that's the spirit. And remember what I said you be a good boy and I'll throw you a bone"

Carlo: "Don't get it twisted, I aint your dog Pete"

Peter: "Yes you are. And a good little dog you are too"

Carlo will stay silent for fear that he may say something he'll regret. Peter will however continue his degradation with some baby talk as he tickles Carlo's chin

"Who's a good boy, you are, yes you are"

Carlo will begin to swerve slightly on the road and bat Peter's hand away "stop it Pete" he will say only to be subjected to more jeering from his infantile captain

"Ooh stop it Pete" he will say imitating Carlo in a homosexual tone. "I didn't realise you were such a bitch doggie"

Carlo: "You want me to stay in formation or do you want me to turn this f*cking car over?"

Peter: "Wow Carlo. I was just trying to lighten the mood, you didn't have to go threatening to kill us and sh*t"

Carlo: "Yeah well this aint the time to be playing around"

Vinnie: "Yeah Pete, show some respect"

Peter: "Shut up Vinnie, don't make me spank you"

By this time the motorcade will have gone around the base of Outlook Park and begun driving back up towards Dukes to its final destination in Steinway.

Carlo: "So tell me more about this cousin of yours.. are you and him close. You seem to be concerned for his safety"

Peter: "Not really.. we may be related but only in name. He may have been the old man's son but I was always treated more like his offspring. My parents both left me kind of early you see, my father was murdered by some f*cking idiots and my mother commit suicide soon after that. You might say I hadn't got the best start in life but then uncle Jon took me in. He never really said it but I knew that I was his favourite. Junior was always a f*ck up.. then later in life he developed a drug addiction and the old man tossed him out. I mean he still loved him I'm sure but for him, having a son who was a drug addict was the ultimate embarrassment"

Carlo: "So Junior was the black sheep and you were the goose who laid the golden eggs"

Peter: "I suppose that's one way of looking at it"

Vinnie: "Seems pretty accurate to me"

Peter: "Didn't I tell you to shut up!?"

Carlo: "It is kind of ironic though isn't it, your uncle had this anti drugs policy and there was his own son, an addict"

Peter: "I guess so but it also made his feelings against drugs even stronger. Of course this is the mob and there are always double standards. Narcotics may be a risky business, I mean just talking to a dealer can get you life in the can, but the high profits from drug dealing are just too big for a boss to ignore. For a little while the other families were making millions and we were missing out but then some of my cousins emigrated here from the old country and brought their old style values with them, this included a connection to some of the biggest heroin traffickers the world has ever known. My uncle didn't ask any questions he just sat back and counted the money they made.. I guess that's what you could call reasonable deniability. My uncle was a great man but he was a f*cking hypocrite too. It's actually partly his fault that Junior turned out the way he did. He used to say that his old lady coddled him but he used to let him do whatever he wanted. My uncle was one of the richest men in the city and Junior played that fully to his own advantage. He was your typical Meadow Hills spoiled rich kid, a f*cking pain in the ass. We're so different me and him.. matter of fact I aint even sure we're really related.."

Carlo: "What do you mean?"

Vinnie: "Yeah his father was your uncle so that makes yous cousins.. I know I aint the sharpest knife in the drawer but even I know that makes you related"

Peter: "I know that! I mean there was this rumour going around that he was banging his maid"

Vinnie: "They was rumours Pete, nothing more"

Peter: "You know what Vinnie I aint so sure. I grew up in that house and I seen the way he looked at her but I'd hate to believe that it was going on even when my aunty got sick, that he was carrying on with another woman. I even heard he got a penile implant so he could keep on f*cking her even when his body let him down. I mean can you believe that when his poor wife, my aunty was dying of cancer he was sticking it to his Colombian house maid behind her back!? It makes me so f*cking angry just thinking about it. That woman was a saint"

Carlo: "I'm sorry Pete I didn't mean to open up that can of worms"

Peter: "Nah it's ok man. That sh*t needed to be said"

Carlo: "Yeah.. it's good to get it out in the open. We've all got our flaws.. even great men like your uncle"

Peter will grow a little remorseful and melancholic

Peter: "He was great.. I shouldn't have opened my mouth"

Vinnie: "Sure he was Pete but he was human, just like the rest of us. You didn't see him like I did. I don't know how many times I seen him piss himself. I saw him sh*t himself in the hospital too. Things like that you don't need to see though. You need to remember the good times and let go of the bad. And all things considered Junior's still a Gravelli, even if he has got Colombian blood"

Peter: "You know what Vinnie that's got to be the most insightful thing I've ever heard you say"

Vinnie: "Well I have got a GED you know"

Peter: "You know what f*ck it, I take it back. You're still a f*cking idiot"

When you reach the cemetery your arrival will be signified by Peter saying "well looks like we're here" and then a cutscene will seamlessly take over.

Carlo, Peter and Vinnie will join the procession on foot as they follow the undertakers carrying Jon Gravelli's coffin down the path towards the grave site as the weather begins to clear. Once they get there the three men will all gather around their new boss Roy Zito who will lean over to Carlo and begin to speak to him directly in a whispered tone

"So Peter told you the plan?"

Carlo: "He didn't really go into too many details but yeah. He told me Jon Jnr.'s getting out of the joint on leave and we're gonna help break him out of custody"

Roy: "That's right.. not that you needed to answer me in such detail"

Carlo: "My Apologies. So how is this thing supposed to go down?"

Roy: "Probably not what you want to hear but we don't really have a solid plan. We just gotta wait for our opportunity and take it. When that opportunity presents itself I'll give you some kind of signal"

Carlo: "And how exactly will I know what that is?"

Roy: "As I say we still gotta iron out some of the details but when I give it you'll know. Junior's already been briefed by a messenger we've got on the inside but you've got to expect a little resistance, the feds have got this place sealed off all over so we've left a boat docked out back you can use to make your escape. Anyway the service is starting, go stand next to Pete and we'll regroup when its done"

As you take up your position beside Pete he will also lean over and whisper in your ear "looks like our guest has arrived". The camera will now shift focus to Jon Gravelli Jr. who is being lead down the path in handcuffs by two U.S. Marshals, one on each side. Peter will look towards him and give him a nod as if to say "what's up" and Junior will shoot back a wink.

After a time lapse the funeral ceremony will be over and the Gambettis will all begin to gather around Roy Zito as others begin to leave. Armed federal agents look on as the two Marshals guide Junior over to the group by the arms.

Roy: "Hey how you doin buddy? All good I hope"

He will be noticeably weary about talking in front of the marshals and this will prompt Junior to turn to them and speak.

"How about you give us a minute here.. and how about taking off these shackles so I can shake a few hands and thank all these fine people for coming"

One marshal will look towards the other for authorisation and he will give him a nod. The first marshal will then take a set of keys from his pocket, undo the cuffs and take a few steps backwards towards the path.

Junior will massage his wrist slightly before lunging towards Roy Zito and engaging him in an embrace

"Thanks for comin man, I really appreciate it"

"Forget about it" Zito will say. He will then pretend to kiss him on his cheek while simultaneously pulling a pistol from his jacket and slipping it into Junior's unseen. "Here use this" he will whisper and Junior will say "thanks man".

"Looking good man, seems like you've put on a bit of weight" Zito will say with a hint of sarcasm on account of Junior's slight frame, also making reference to the weight he just slipped into his jacket.

"Yeah I' been working out. Plus I aint smoking crack now more so.." Junior will say before moving on to shake Peter's hand. The handshake between the two will be tense but it will soon be interrupted when Zito spots his old adversary Sammy Bottino lurking in the back.

"Hey isn't that..." Roy will say pointing in the man's direction

Peter and Junior will break up their handshake

Peter: "Sammy Bottino I don't f*cking believe it"

Roy: "Looks like he decided to pull himself out of the sewers to show his respects"

Sammy will begin to hide his face.

"Hey Sammy while you're here why don't you go visit your son you bastard" Zito will shout, prompting everyone in attendance to turn and look at him.

Sammy will duck out and run away, prompting several agents to leave and go after him creating a perfect opportunity for Junior's escape.

Roy: "Alright Carlo here's your chance. Go on Junior get the f*ck out of here, Carlo will see that you make it out"

The real mission will now be well under way as control of Carlo is returned to you with Junior by your side as the FIB agents start to converge on the cemetery and take up tactical positions against you. In order to ensure your survival you should probably do the same, picking the agents off one by one from behind cover until your pathway is clear. Although Junior will not give you much assistance in taking out enemies (due to him only being armed with a pistol and lacking the necessary shooting skills) he will be surprisingly good at following your lead and staying behind cover when necessary since in his own words he "didn't just break out of custody to end up in the cemetery for good". There are a few shortcuts you can take here by jumping over walls etc. but you obviously run the risk of you and/or Junior being shot to pieces and the mission ending in failure.

Once you reach the dock you will see that Roy Zito has conveniently parked up a Jetmax for you to aid in your escape. Once inside Junior will tell you to head towards the helipad in Downtown Algonquin since Zito has paid off one of the pilots to fly him out of town. As soon as you begin your journey towards your destination however several FIB Predators (exclusive to this mission) will begin following you and will need to be taken out.

"Sh*t the Federales are following us.. I could really use a bump right now" Junior will say as he begins opening fire on the pursuing Predators.

Carlo: "No, we need you to stay focused. We make it out of this and you can snort yourself into oblivion for all I care"

Junior will be still only armed with a pistol however and will be pretty ineffective at shooting from the fast moving boat.

Junior: "sh*t sh*t sh*t"

Carlo: "Have you ever even used a gun before"

Junior: "Of course I have.. forgive me if I'm a little rusty after spending the last four years in the can"

Carlo: "You don't start hitting some targets you're gonna be spending the next four years in a box"

Junior: "Ok hotshot, you wanna drive or you wanna shoot?"

You will now be given the option to stay in the driver's seat or switch with Junior in the back. It's advisable that you switch with him however since he is surprisingly good at driving a speedboat and all you need to do is point at the pursuing boats and shoot. Either way the choice is yours. The core experience will be different but the rest of the mission dialogue will stay the same. You can also switch positions by leaving or entering the driver's seat at any point in the mission.

Once you have made your decision Junior will say that "Zito said he was gonna leave us some weapons in case we got in some trouble.. this would be exactly the time to use them but I don't see 'em"

"How about the big metal box, surely that's gotta be there for something"

The person in the back will then open it to reveal An RPG, a Carbine Rifle, a Flare gun and some extra ammunition. "Is that a f*cking Bazooka!?" Junior will say upon seeing the Rocket Launcher.

If you chose Carlo as the shooter you will be given the option of which gun to take. You can take all of them at once if you'd like. Junior on the other hand will take the Rifle to start with. If you're the driver you'll need to keep the Jetmax as steady as possible in order to allow Junior to got a good shot at the feds. As you get close to the Helipad you will see your rescue chopper taking off into the sky.

"That's our chopper" Junior will say. "Yeah and it looks like they've got a few of their own" Carlo will add as two FIB Annihilators (also exclusive) enter the frame. It goes without saying but the best weapon to use here is the RPG, Junior will automatically select it.

Carlo: "Looks like its time to use that Bazooka you were getting so wet about"

If Junior is shooting he will naturally miss a few shots but you should be able to make short work of them.

Carlo: "No way he's gonna make the pickup now.. we've got to get rid of these f*ckers and head to another landing Zone"

Junior: "Ok let's head over to West Beach on Richmond Island. I wanna see the sand at least once more before I die"

You will now be given a new destination and once the choppers have been destroyed it looks like you're on the home stretch, that is until a Buzzard appears from behind the skyscrapers of Downtown Algonquin.

Junior: "Holy f*cking sh*t.. now I definitely need a bump.. or a cigarette, or something"

Carlo: "Focus Junior. We're almost there"

Junior: "You know what'd make me focus right now.. a big mountain of white stuff and a bitch with double D's just sucking me off"

Carlo: "It's all ahead of you man. Just one more obstacle and then we're free"

The Buzzard should now be in striking distance. A couple of well placed Rockets should put her down. Feel free to handle this one yourself.

The boat will now pull up onto the shore and either Carlo or Junior will use the flare gun to signal the rescue chopper which will land on the beach. Junior of course will have some parting words for you before jumping on board.

Junior: "That was f*cking intense I'm still f*cking buzzing man. I guess I didn't need any drugs afterall. When I make it out of here it's gonna be a whole other Junior. I'm finally gonna make my old man proud"

Carlo: "Yeah man I hope you do.. just stay out of trouble ok"

The chopper will then take of and your mission will be complete.

After mission completion you will be automatically transported back to your home on the island and will be treated to a cinematic of several days passing as the season changes from Autumn to Winter, complete with snowfall and everything. The scene will then change to Carlo in his living room (complete with Christmas decorations) taking a call from Dani Lupisella.

Dani: "Hey Carlo"

She will sound a little worse for wear as if she's tired or drunk.. or both.

Carlo: "Hey Dani.. is everything ok? You sound a little.. different"

Dani: "Have you heard from Dino? He still hasn't called. I'm really starting to get worried that something might have happened"

Carlo: "I'm sure he's fine. He probably just took a vacation.. maybe he'll call in a couple of days"

Dani will remain silent for a few moments before responding

"I think you know more than you're letting on. You wouldn't lie to me would you Carlo?"

Carlo: "Of course not"

Dani: "Yes you would.. you're nothing but a snake like the rest of them. You f*cking killed him and you won't even admit it"

Carlo: "What? Where is this coming from? You've known me for years and you know I'd never do that"

Dani: "You know what I don't think I do anymore. You're like a f*cking stranger to me. This thing you're involved, this 'life' it changes people. I've been around connected guys all my life and I never really asked any questions, my father always said it was none of my business and to be honest I didn't really want to know it's just the way things were. My father, my grandfather, my uncles.. even my boyfriends they were all involved in 'your thing', I never really knew anything else. But you Carlo.. I thought you were different. Turns out you're just a f*cking animal like all of the others. Only ever looking after yourself, doing things that you want to do and f*ck everyone else. You wanna know what I think? I think you couldn't stand to see another man getting close to me.. you wanted to have me all for yourself so you killed him.. I loved him and you f*cking killed him cause you couldn't get what you f*cking want. Well f*ck you Carlo! I hope you f*cking die.. I never want to see or hear from you ever again!!"

(hangs up)

Carlo will stand in stunned silence like "damn", after a minute or so you will be once again given control. At this point there's nothing really pressing so feel free to do whatever you want. Do a few odd jobs, go play in the snow or go pay your respects to your old pal Nicky Bottino if you want to. If you wait long enough however a marker will appear in Carlo's living room. Walking into it will initiate the next chapter.

Claude4Catalina

Wow...Dani's certainly in the Christmas spirit! Great writing bro, I love the FIB presence, the whole "yeah we're totally incognito in all black 5.8 liter turbo charged 4 door muscle cars". Good blend of moody-serious cutscene with a whimsical action sequence, gameplay/storyline segregation is key when writing mostly realistic concepts.

Naughtius Maximus

Freaking awesome, man. First of all, this part is probably more than some breaking point; it also sheds massive amount of light on lots of characters. First, Peter: I mean we know he's beyond-ambitious and all; he didn't miss a chance to put his beloved capo out of his misery and replace him and maybe the part in this chapter, where he talks about he lost his parents in little age, and he moved in with his uncle and he saw himself in a position he's put in some sort of competition with his incompetent cousin Jon Gravelli Jr, tells us something how he secretly adopts an ambition to prove himself... and there his massive ego talks, too. Another point is that... I liked how Pete talks about his uncle: yes, he's a great man, especially in the business he does; Gravelli Sr. tries to lead a maybe honorable way not to get involved in drugs but once he acknowledges of the new order in the world, he's willing to blink an eye (something about this point reminds me of Philadelphia crime family boss Angelo "The Gentle Don" Bruno. I mean I don't know much about Gambinos, except for some information "eavesdropped" but I guess at some point, Gambinos had same kind of business ethics as well). Also, in his private life, Peter talks about some same yet more shameless kind of hypocrisy as well like Gravelli allegedly banged his Colombian maid (even hard to make Junior) while his wife was in her death bed, also a great woman as how Pete talks of her.

Sammy Bottino showing up at the funeral was a great stint, after all. I mean why would Zito try to expose him inside a place crawled with federal agents? Maybe he thinks Sammy has come back to retrieve his place back from Zito? That was intense. Hopefully we'd be able to see more of Sammy. One piece and short, this was one of the best you've written, MOB.

The Notorious MOB

Wow...Dani's certainly in the Christmas spirit! Great writing bro, I love the FIB presence, the whole "yeah we're totally incognito in all black 5.8 liter turbo charged 4 door muscle cars". Good blend of moody-serious cutscene with a whimsical action sequence, gameplay/storyline segregation is key when writing mostly realistic concepts.

Haha yeah I'm sort of using Dani as a device to demonstrate the part that women play in the life of a mobster but set her apart from the traditional mob wife in that she comes from a new generation that calls into question the values of those which came before her. She's been happy enough in the past to date gangsters because of the thrill of the danger and how they treat her with their ill gotten gains. Deep down she knows that she's somewhat of an accessory to those around her but she chooses to ignore it (until she has too much Pinot and it all comes rushing out). In a way she's also the other side of the coin to Gracie Ancelotti, although she's also a bit of a bitch she's a nice girl at heart and its easy to imagine that her and Carlo had a really good relationship as friends. At the root of it all though she's also a woman and typically puts Carlo in a situation where she seems to only like him as a friend and then curses him out when he acts the same way as her previous boyfriends.

Freaking awesome, man. First of all, this part is probably more than some breaking point; it also sheds massive amount of light on lots of characters. First, Peter: I mean we know he's beyond-ambitious and all; he didn't miss a chance to put his beloved capo out of his misery and replace him and maybe the part in this chapter, where he talks about he lost his parents in little age, and he moved in with his uncle and he saw himself in a position he's put in some sort of competition with his incompetent cousin Jon Gravelli Jr, tells us something how he secretly adopts an ambition to prove himself... and there his massive ego talks, too. Another point is that... I liked how Pete talks about his uncle: yes, he's a great man, especially in the business he does; Gravelli Sr. tries to lead a maybe honorable way not to get involved in drugs but once he acknowledges of the new order in the world, he's willing to blink an eye (something about this point reminds me of Philadelphia crime family boss Angelo "The Gentle Don" Bruno. I mean I don't know much about Gambinos, except for some information "eavesdropped" but I guess at some point, Gambinos had same kind of business ethics as well). Also, in his private life, Peter talks about some same yet more shameless kind of hypocrisy as well like Gravelli allegedly banged his Colombian maid (even hard to make Junior) while his wife was in her death bed, also a great woman as how Pete talks of her.

Sammy Bottino showing up at the funeral was a great stint, after all. I mean why would Zito try to expose him inside a place crawled with federal agents? Maybe he thinks Sammy has come back to retrieve his place back from Zito? That was intense. Hopefully we'd be able to see more of Sammy. One piece and short, this was one of the best you've written, MOB.

Spot on there man, very observant of you. Peter is basically the son that Jon Gravelli always wanted but he was an old school mafioso with a heart of stone so he never told him this, or how proud he truly was of him, which lead Peter to constantly try to seek his approval. Essentially his personality is one part ambition and another part hungry for the respect of his peers. I also tried to show in this part of the story that he's a bit of a dick since it kind of fits into the overarching theme of false idolisation i.e. that Peter isn't the 'cool dude' that he's often portrayed as and needs to degrade others to make himself feel better. The theme of idolisation is also one which will play somewhat into the next piece, which I hope to have posted by this time tomorrow.

In terms of Jon Gravelli Snr. I based most of his traits (in this chapter especially) on Gambino boss Paul Castellano. Like Gravelli he forbid drug dealing but knowing accepted the profits of their sale from some of his capos. He also is said to have gotten a penile implant in order to prolong an affair with his house maid. I remembered his comments about the pretty nurse in GTA IV and developed the notion that he was a dirty old bastard. I also felt it was a good way to forge a conflict between his public and private image. I'd say you're pretty accurate with this one being a bit of a breaking point. As C4C pointed out the FIB presence is growing ever stronger now and it will soon begin to seem to Carlo like the walls are closing in on him. The next chapter is when a lot of things will come to a head leading into the big finale so hopefully I can exceed everyone's expectations. Thanks for the comments guys, they're very much appreciated as always :)

• Like 1

The Notorious MOB

Special Favors - "Sammy Bottino"

Completion of Chapter 17 will give you access to a special favor mission that will be initiated by visiting the Colony Island cemetery at night. Carlo will enter the cemetery and notice a man standing by Nicky Bottino's grave. He will slowly approach him but he will be alerted by the sound of Carlo's footsteps in the snow and will turn around revealing himself to be none other than Sammy Bottino. He will pull out a gun and point it in Carlo's direction with a sense of familiarity on how to handle himself in a fire fight.

"Stop don't come any closer"

Carlo will take a few steps backwards and put up his hands. "Don't shoot I'm with the Gambettis"

Sammy will look him up and down with suspicion "Oh yeah? Then prove it"

Carlo will begin to drop his hands and walk towards him demonstrating open body language. Sammy will again raise his gun taking aim for his head.

Carlo will once again raise his hands and stop moving forward "Alright maybe I can't prove it but wait, I knew Nicky.. he was your son right?"

Sammy will now grow even more suspicious. Carlo will then continue to try to talk him down

"You're Sammy Bottino.. I seen you at Don Gravelli's funeral. Me and Nicky we were in the same crew"

Sammy will squint and look closer at Carlo

"Yeah that's right.. you were standing with that nob goblin Zito. So you and Nicky were friends huh?"

Carlo will once again assume more open body language with his arms outstretched showing that he does not pose a threat

"Yeah I'm a friend of yours.. a friend of ours. We're friends.. you, me, Nicky.. Zito"

Sammy's expression will change to a snarl at the mention of Zito's name alongside Nicky's

"I mean I've got my button.. I've still got the cut on my finger to prove it. If you'd let me come a little closer I could show it to you"

Sammy will begin to lower his gun before raising it again

"No stay right where you are"

"Are you armed?"

Carlo will nod

"Toss it"

Carlo will take out his pistol and throw it into the snow (don't worry you can pick it up later)

"So you and Nicky.. were you with him when he passed?"

"No.. the first I heard about it was from Peter" Carlo will say

"Peter?.. Gravelli?" Sammy will say as if to be remembering a forgotten past.

Carlo will nod once again before continuing to talk about Nicky

"The way they found him was terrible"

Sammy's facial expression will turn to sadness

"They dragged his f*ckin body out of the West River I heard"

"Yeah poor little Nicky.. your son" Carlo will say attempting to appeal to his vulnerabilities

"I guess you could say that.. we didn't exactly have a normal father/son relationship. Me and his mother, we were dating then she got pregnant... I was on the road a lot and then me and him, we were in and out of the can.. matter of fact we didn't really have much of relationship at all"

Sammy will scratch his head with his gun as he begins to open up a bit more

"Sounds pretty normal to me" Carlo will say

Sammy will give a slight chuckle and lower his gun. He will then put it in his waistband and turn back towards the grave and begin to look down at it

"He probably f*ckin hated me and to be honest I wouldn't blame him. When I met the mother of my daughter he didn't really figure much my plans. I never so much as gave him a second thought but still I never wanted him to grow up like me"

"I don't think he hated you at all" Carlo will say "Matter of fact I think he idolised you"

Sammy will now begin to smile as he looks at the grave

"Oh yeah?"

Carlo will now begin to walk towards him

"He liked you enough to keep using your surname, I know that much"

Sammy will now become aware of Carlo's advances and will turn his head away from the grave to address him directly

"It's good to know my name still means something. Speaking of names, what's yours kid?"

Carlo: "It's Carlo Devino"

Sammy: "Devino huh? Where are you from Carlo?"

Carlo: "I'm from Bohan Mr. Bottino"

Sammy: "Please.. enough with pleasantries.. call me Sonny. That's what my friends call me"

Carlo: "Ok Sonny"

Sammy: "And you're with the Gambettis?"

Carlo will nod

Sammy: "Well Carlo perhaps you can do your underboss a little favour.. I need to get the hell out of this city before the feds catch up with me but I can't exactly walk into the airport and jump on a flight.. as soon as I show my passport they'll be slapping me in cuffs. But I'm thinking you could maybe help me sneak in"

Carlo: "Sneak in?"

Sammy: "Yeah.. it was you who helped Junior escape.. I can tell just by looking at you you know how to handle yourself"

Carlo: "Leading somebody to a chopper and sneaking them into an airport are two very different things Sonny"

Sammy: "You mean you never broke into an airport before?"

Carlo will choose not to answer

Sammy: "Look I can see you're apprehensive. Matter of fact you must think I'm f*ckin crazy right? But desperate times call for desperate measures and I'm pretty f*cking desperate. They got me sewn up.. facing a murder rap, I aint no angel.. I've done a lot of sh*t.. if they catch me, they're gonna put me away for a thousand years... life without the possibility of parole. I don't get to see my daughter go college.. matter of fact I probably don't get to see sunlight til I'm 85 years old in a prison medical facility dying a slow death like old man Gravelli. They'll lock me up and throw away the key. But don't do it for me, do it for the family"

Carlo: "You know what I'll do it.. I'll do it for you"

Sammy: "You will? I guess my name really does still mean something"

Sammy will shake Carlo's hand firmly and then take off towards the parking lot. Carlo will stay there standing still for a moment thinking about the possible implications of aiding yet another wanted criminal in escaping the city before eventually deciding to follow him.

Once in the parking lot Sammy will ask Carlo if he has a car, if he does not he will ask him to steal one. Once inside a vehicle he will ask him to drive over to Francis International Airport where they will break in and steal a plane. Carlo will ask Sammy "can you fly?" to which he will respond "of course I can fly" signifying that he possesses skills above and beyond those of your average mobster. This probably isn't the first time you've driven a car on the city's snowier surfaces but none the less you must take care while driving as the physics will be slippier and less responsive. This should also make you think twice before stealing that rear wheel drive sports car.

On the way to the airport he and Carlo will talk about his life on the run and he will speak of the stresses of constantly having to move from place to place in order to avoid capture and how the relationship with his wife and daughter is becoming more and more strained because of it. He will say that he's even contemplated turning himself in but say that due to prison he's already been away from them for so long that going back would destroy their relationship completely, which is something he definitely doesn't want, saying that his actual family means more to him than even the Gambettis, suggesting a strong sense of loyalty to his organisation which no doubt attributed to him ascending to the position of Underboss.

When you reach the airport you will see that the gates are all open. Sammy will encourage you to play it cool and just slip on through, how you choose to interpret this advice depends on how you want to execute the mission though. You can play it fast and risky and just drive through the gate towards the airplane or you can opt to sneak your way through, the choice is yours depending on whether you want to take your time or contend with a four star wanted level.

If you choose to take the quiet approach you will first need to take out the guard at the gate, then you must avoid all airport personnel (people in high vis clothing) until you find a FlyUS branded Perennial or Feroci which will allow you to drive through the airport unnoticed, provided you avoid arousing suspicion by not crashing too much and keeping off of the runways etc. The next step will be to find a suitable airplane i.e. one that isn't too big. Sammy will tell you that there are several twin engined private jets next to the terminal, one of which will (conveniently) have its door open and will be the only plane in the airport you can actually steal. Get as close as you can to it and after thanking you for your help Sammy will exit the vehicle (if applicable) and enter the plane through the open door. He will then wave you off from inside and vow to "see you on the other side". You will have now completed your mission, the amount of sh*t you'll have to dig yourself out of at this point depends on your previous actions.

The mission will also vary in difficulty depending on which part of the airport you chose to enter from. The middle entrance will be close to the target plane but will provide less cover for you to safely get to a branded vehicle unnoticed, making it better for the loud approach whereas the right side will be further away but has plenty of things to hide behind in order to avoid passing personnel on your way to a vehicle. The left side (the side you entered through in Chapter 12) will be the closest to the target plane but will provide virtually no cover so your best bet is probably just to gun it towards the plane and hope you can get in and out before the cops descend on your position. These differences will not be immediately obvious however unless you are familiar with the layout of the airport and the mission objectives in advance. You will get a bigger reward for taking the stealthy approach but if you do find yourself in trouble you can use a chopper from the airport helipad to make a swift escape.

• Like 2

I'm just gonna go straight ahead and say I think that was the best mission you've written man. The characters and the action were the business.

I know you mentioned about wanting to make a big stream of information as short and snappy as possible but I think word for word the mission contained your best dialogue yet. I got the impression from Carlo that he's rapidly tiring of doing the menial tasks for Peter and his head seems to be all over the place with the Gambettis due to the recent developments in the story. I liked Zito and him finding out life sitting on top of the throne ain't pretty. I also liked how close he was willing to get to the action which seems fitting for a flamboyant guy like him.

The in-car dialogue between Carlo, Peter and Vinnie was the best bit and anyone who skips that bit will regret it. I hadn't thought of Jon Gravelli as being much inspired by Paul Castellano before but it makes perfect sense. The way your characters humanized and demonized Gravelli make him as strong a character in death as he was alive, in my opinion. And I also loved how powerful we saw Gravelli was in GTAIV but you have his funeral and barely anyone shows up because they don't want to face the heat. It's selfish in a way but it also adds to the mystique as I'm sure there are plenty people who would have been paying their respects to the old Don.

I liked the Sammy Bottino cameo a lot and I also thought it was pretty ingenious of you to introduce him for a favours mission. This is the sort of stuff I hope we see in future GTA games. When I read it I could picture it going down a lot like Burying The Hatchet in GTAV, with the snow and the cemetery and all. He reminded me of Michael in a way -- a survivor.

And to add to C4C's comments about Dani I wonder if her drunken phone calls are gonna lead to a reappearance of certain Lupisellas at all?

Great work MOB :^:

The Notorious MOB

I'm just gonna go straight ahead and say I think that was the best mission you've written man. The characters and the action were the business.

I know you mentioned about wanting to make a big stream of information as short and snappy as possible but I think word for word the mission contained your best dialogue yet. I got the impression from Carlo that he's rapidly tiring of doing the menial tasks for Peter and his head seems to be all over the place with the Gambettis due to the recent developments in the story. I liked Zito and him finding out life sitting on top of the throne ain't pretty. I also liked how close he was willing to get to the action which seems fitting for a flamboyant guy like him.

The in-car dialogue between Carlo, Peter and Vinnie was the best bit and anyone who skips that bit will regret it. I hadn't thought of Jon Gravelli as being much inspired by Paul Castellano before but it makes perfect sense. The way your characters humanized and demonized Gravelli make him as strong a character in death as he was alive, in my opinion. And I also loved how powerful we saw Gravelli was in GTAIV but you have his funeral and barely anyone shows up because they don't want to face the heat. It's selfish in a way but it also adds to the mystique as I'm sure there are plenty people who would have been paying their respects to the old Don.

And to add to C4C's comments about Dani I wonder if her drunken phone calls are gonna lead to a reappearance of certain Lupisellas at all?

Great work MOB :^:

The comments are much appreciated as always Tyla. It's funny, you never really know how these missions are going to be received but everybody seems to be spot on in picking up on what I've been trying to convey. I had originally planned on having Sammy's appearance be a little easter egg if you took a detour to the funeral but I thought that this would be far too messy. I kind of see Gravelli as a character similar to what a younger version of Neil Dellacroce would be like if he had become boss instead of Castellano with certain elements of the latter thrown in. In a broader sense though I see him representing all Gambino bosses who served during his 30 year reign between 1978 and 2008. We know from GTA IV that a lot of people came to the hospital to pay their respects to him before he passed, probably knowing that they could not show up at the actual funeral for fear that their connections to him would be exposed, so I decided to run with that idea. As far as Dani goes, well, you know what they say.. hell hath no fury like a woman scorned so I would say anything is possible hehe :cool:

Claude4Catalina

Great work laddybuck, a bit much like Bury The Hatchet in the opening cutscene however you more than make up for it with consistently excellent writing; one thing I'm fond of is you writing out each way to complete a mission rather than hand wave it with a simple "well you could go in loud or stealthy, up to you" instruction.

The Notorious MOB

Great work laddybuck, a bit much like Bury The Hatchet in the opening cutscene however you more than make up for it with consistently excellent writing; one thing I'm fond of is you writing out each way to complete a mission rather than hand wave it with a simple "well you could go in loud or stealthy, up to you" instruction.

Thanks for the comments man. Similar to Bury the Hatchet you say.. I can't say I thought of the similarities when I was writing the mission but I suppose it's good in a way because that was one of my favourite missions in GTA V.

MythicalCreature

Man, right now I'm left wondering why I haven't read this gem of a concept before...

Took me over 12 hours to read through the whole story and I am thrilled, to say the least. Brilliant dialogues, a compelling storyline, I can't think of words to describe what an amazing concept you've written up here. Keep up the amazing work, MOB. I'll keep a keen eye on this thread for further updates :^:

The Notorious MOB

Man, right now I'm left wondering why I haven't read this gem of a concept before...

Took me over 12 hours to read through the whole story and I am thrilled, to say the least. Brilliant dialogues, a compelling storyline, I can't think of words to describe what an amazing concept you've written up here. Keep up the amazing work, MOB. I'll keep a keen eye on this thread for further updates :^:

Thanks a lot man. It's always interesting to hear how long it takes people to read through the whole story in one go. Bravo to you for that also, I really admire that kind of dedication :cry:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The holidays and the whole winter theme this story has now sees me hoping a new chapter is in the works... just the atmosphere in Sammy Bottino's favor mission alone gets me hyped up. :happy:

The Notorious MOB

The holidays and the whole winter theme this story has now sees me hoping a new chapter is in the works... just the atmosphere in Sammy Bottino's favor mission alone gets me hyped up. :happy:

I had started writing the next installment but ironically enough due to the holidays I haven't had the time to do any more work on it. It's looking like it will be pretty long so I might just chip away at it over the next couple of weeks when I get a bit of time. It will be the last full chapter (aside from a one mission finale) so I kind of want to take my time with it.