3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto: Family Ties

The Notorious MOB

The Notorious MOB

That's awesome. I remember your Possible Trilogy topic and I sincerely credit it for how highly I now rate GTAIV's story.

How close Chapter 16's Part 1 & 2 are to 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend' makes me wonder how much or if the saga of Gracie's kidnapping will affect the Ancelottis at that point, seen as they're already going to have a ton of sh*t dumped on them from 'Catch The Wave' and 'Trespass'.

It's just the way the order of missions worked out to be honest. Chapter 16 - Part 1 is tied to Tresspass and Parts 2 and 3 are tied to Liquidize the Assets. I suppose I could probably throw in a little reference to it in one of the coming missions. The Ballad of Gay Tony places DAAGBF and Entourage together so I would probably have to do it in one of the next two missions in order to make it work.. I'll see what I can do haha.

• 2 weeks later...
The Notorious MOB

Just a little update - I'm currently working on the next installment of the story and I should have it posted in the next day or two. In the meantime I've slightly rearranged the first page by putting the story section into a seperate post and added some more news stories and more characters to the "Supporting Characters" section.

EDIT: The last part of Chapter 15 has now been posted, you can read it here. It's another pretty long one.. hopefully people will read it all though :)

Edited by Money Over Bullshit
  • Like 1

Call me a spazzo but it's hard to work out what you've added with the immense amount of content here. What were the additional news stories and who has made it into the supporting characters?

The Notorious MOB

Call me a spazzo but it's hard to work out what you've added with the immense amount of content here. What were the additional news stories and who has made it into the supporting characters?

I added a section on Benny D'Angelo a short time ago and I added sections for Peter Gravelli, Philly Narducci and Anthony Lombardo there yesterday. I just felt the section needed an update since nobody has really been added since I began writing the story.

The news stories I added are kind of in the middle of the list so that's probably why you didn't notice them. Their main purpose is to just give little tidbits of additional info about minor characters and give more life to the story. The stories in question are:

and

I will go through the story at a later time (in the near future) and add in some more. It was really just a case of me realising the potential for other stories I had not included when I was writing the little descriptions of the Gambettis. I know you like little easter eggs so if you know a bit about Carlo Gambino's life story you should be able guess who Peter Gravelli's father Eugene is based on.

You have previously mentioned John Gotti's manslaughter conviction so I would be surprised if you didn't get it ;)

The Notorious MOB

Chapter 15

Part 3 - "Everything will work out eventually"

This part of the chapter will once again start with Carlo receiving a phone call

"Hey Carlo what's up its Tony, listen there's some more stuff being brought into that boathouse and the big man wants us to head down there and make sure everything goes according to plan"

Carlo: "Wow that was fast"

Tony: "Yeah the Russian's got a contact here in Liberty City, some dude by the name of Dimitri Rascalov"

Carlo: "Sounds like a bad guy out of a kiddies cartoon"

Tony: "Hehe apparently he's a pretty big deal but I aint ever heard of him"

Carlo: "Me neither"

Tony: "Anyway he organised the new shipment while our buddy was locked up and the boats should be arriving pretty soon. I'll go pick up the Russian, if you could just meet us there that'd be great"

Carlo: "Sure thing man see you soon"

Tony: "See you there pal"

You will be instructed to head over to the boathouse on Charge Island where the boats coming in from Vice City are scheduled to dock. When you get there walk into the marker out front to initiate a cutscene wherein Carlo will walk into the deserted yard of the boathouse. Not finding anybody there he will venture further into the boathouse itself calling out "Hellooo..Tony? Anybody here"

Just then his attention will be drawn to a car pulling up outside. Carlo will walk back out to the yard to find Tony getting out of his car, alone.

Carlo: "You alone? Where's the Russian?"

Tony: "I don't know"

Carlo: "What do you mean you don't know, we need him here"

Tony: "Well he's not at the safehouse.."

Carlo: "And did you try calling him?"

Tony: "Yeah he's got his cellphone switched off"

Carlo: "I thought you were supposed to be keeping an eye on him"

Tony: "The guy is probably older than both of us put together.. he don't need me to babysit him 24/7"

Carlo: "Well that's how it seems. Couldn't you at least have locked him in the safehouse so he couldn't go nowhere before the deal was finalised?"

Tony: "You can't just go locking the guy up in a safehouse.. he's not a prisoner"

Carlo: "He was before we busted him out. That ungrateful prick I should've known he'd do something like this"

Tony: "So what do we do now.. just drive around the city hoping we'll find him?"

Carlo: "Gimme your phone, I'm gonna try calling him"

Tony: "Ok but I don't think he's gonna answer"

Tony will never the less take out his cellphone and hand it to Carlo

"Don't take too long I think the battery's about to die.. I didn't have time to charge it"

Carlo will begin messing around with Tony's archaic cellphone and finally manage to access his phonebook. After scrolling through the entire phonebook he will state that "His number's not here Tone"

Tony: "Sure it is I just called it a minute ago"

Carlo: "There aint no number for Andriy here man I'm sure of it"

Tony: "Wait a minute.. the guy's name is Andriy?.. I thought it was Boris"

Carlo will shake his head "I guess I'll try Boris then"

Carlo will press into the number and it will begin ringing

"Well it's ringing" he will say, much to Tony's surprise.

The phone will ring for a minute or so before being answered by a drunken Andriy who sounds like he's in some kind of club.

Andriy: "Yes hello!?" (attempting to shout over the background noise)

Carlo: "Yeah it's me Carlo.. the guy who busted you outta jail"

Andriy: "Ah my friend how are you?"

Carlo: "Not so good actually we're down at the boathouse waiting for you and evidently you aint here.. you mind telling me where you are?"

Andriy: "I am in nice place in Bohan called Triangle club looking at some fine American titties.. I will get lapdance from Chinese twins and meet you there later yes?"

Carlo: "No.. you're gonna meet us here now"

Andriy: "Who are you my f*cking mother? I will meet you after lap dance.. and two more glasses of champagne"

Carlo: "Two more glasses of champagne!? You can't be f*cking serious"

Andriy: "Ok maybe a bottle.. anyway I have to go.. black man says no phones inside the club. I speak to you later man"

(hangs up)

Carlo will give Tony back his phone, which will sound off to signify the low battery he previously spoke of

Tony: "He answered? What did he say?"

Carlo: "He said he's in the Triangle Club in Bohan.. sounds a little worse for wear"

Tony: "A strip club.. what the f*ck is he doing there?"

Carlo: "Looking at some titties I guess"

Tony: "No I mean why isn't he here?"

Carlo: "I know what you mean and I don't know.. all I know is we're gonna have to drive over there and get him out"

Tony: "You mean you're gonna have to drive over there and get him out"

Carlo: "And what are you gonna do bub? Just stand around here twiddling your thumbs"

Tony: "I'm gonna wait for the shipment"

Carlo: "You know as well as I do that that shipment doesn't dock until our friend Maximov gives us the word"

Tony: "Aye aye aye.. first it's Boris and now it's Maximov.. I can't f*cking keep up with all this"

Carlo: "There's is no f*cking Boris! Just get in the car, I'll drive. I probably know that area better than you anyway"

Tony: "Ok but The Boss isn't gonna be happy about this"

The two men will get into Tony's car and continue their conversation on the way over to the Triangle Club

Carlo: "The Boss? You mean this was all Old Man Ancelotti's idea, this deal with the Russians?"

Tony: "No I mean Paulie.. The Boss is just kind of a nickname I guess. I think it has something to do with his taste in music.. who really knows for sure"

Carlo: "I see. So the old man doesn't even know about this?"

Tony: "He don't need to know about every little scheme his capos are pulling he just collects the money when it's all said and done. Besides.. he's got a lot on his mind right now.. his daughter Gracie just got kidnapped by some thugs"

Carlo: "Gracie huh? Blonde girl, early thirties hangs out around Maisonette 9?"

Tony: "Yeah, you know her?"

Carlo: "Not really.. I seen her in Maisonette, she was there with Frankie Garr..ibaldi"

Tony: "Frankie Garrribaldi?"

Carlo: "Yeah.. she's this girl I used to date.. it's short for Francesca"

Not knowing if he's made an epic save or an even more epic ass out of himself Carlo will never the less continue on enquiring about the infamous mob daughter

"Gracie kinda looks like the type to stay out partying for days on end.. how does he know she isn't just shacked up with some deadbeat?"

Tony: "Actually you're not the first one to suggest that.. she does have quite the reputation. The kidnappers texted a picture of her tied to a chair with a gag in her mouth.. from what I hear she looked like she'd been slapped around a bit"

Carlo: "Maybe she's just into some sick sh*t"

Tony: "They also asked the old man for ransom. Apparently they asked to be paid in diamonds.. how weird is that? Anyway the old man accepted the terms and agreed to have her gay bff and his latin lover go to a trade to have her returned"

Carlo: "Yeah that is weird. Did they get her back ok?"

Tony: "I don't know but I'd bet those kidnappers can't wait to get rid of her.. her voice alone is enough to turn milk sour"

Carlo: "That bad huh?"

Tony: "I'll probably get whacked for saying this but she's a real c*nt, in every sense of the word"

Carlo: "Yeah, I know a few people like that"

By now you should have reached the club. If so then pull into a marker out front to initiate another cutscene wherein he two men will exit the car and begin walking towards the door only to be stopped in their tracks by the bouncer.

"Sorry guys, club's off limits.. we got some guy inside going crazy, spraying girls with champagne and waving his dick around asking for party favours. We're just gonna keep him inside while we wait for the cops to show"

Tony: "Grey hair, speaks with an accent, wearing a grey suit and smells like he aint showered in days?"

Bouncer: "Yeah.. is he a friend of yours?"

Tony leans into the bouncer

"Just so happens we're here to take him out of here"

Tony takes a few bills out of his pocket and hands them to the bouncer

"Why don't you take this, tell the cops it was a false alarm and forget all about it"

Bouncer: (looking at the bills) "For five dollars?.. I think you can do better than that"

Tony: (under his breath) "I coulda sworn they were hundreds..."

Carlo will nudge Tony and he will dig around in his pocket and pull out a larger bill

"Alright listen there's fifty.. how 'bout you let us inside"

Bouncer: "Alright but no funny business ok"

The men will walk inside the club to find Andriy being held by two burly bouncers next to one of the booths screaming that they let him go

Bouncer 1: "No way.. you're not going anywhere buddy.. not after what you've done"

Bouncer 2: "One of our best girls wants to retire because of you"

Carlo and Tony will approach the bouncers and try to reason with them

Carlo: "Hey we're his friends.. I know things probably got a little out of hand but we're here to take him home now"

Bouncer: "Only place this guy is going is jail my friend"

Tony will place an intimidating hand on the bouncers shoulder

"Didn't you hear him? We're here to take him home.. why make this any worse than it already is"

With that the bouncer will let go of Andriy and punch Tony hard in the face. Tony, hardly even fazed by the sucker punch will simply shake it off and send him flying with a haymaker. The other bouncer will make a run for him but will be grabbed by Carlo and restrained. In the midst of the commotion Andriy will have gotten free and will now be pointing a Desert Eagle at the restrained bouncers head.

Before anybody has a chance to react Andriy will have shot the restrained bouncer between the eyes causing Carlo to drop him to the floor in shock. The already scared patrons will now start screaming and running for the door. At this point the bouncer from the front door will enter the main club

"What did I f*cking tell you, no weapons inside the club"

Andriy will again draw his weapon but will be tackled by Carlo who will wrestle it out of his hand at which point Tony will grab Andriy up in his arms and begin to usher him out of the club. As the three men try to leave the third bouncer will come running but will be clotheslined by Carlo who will tell him "stay down... for your own good". The three men will then exit the club and Andriy will be bundled into the back seat with Tony (who will bang his head off the door frame) and Carlo in the driver seat. You will now be instructed to drive away from the club to the east as police cars approach from nearby Northern Gardens police station to the west.

When you get a short distance away Carlo and Tony will begin to shout at Andriy asking what the hell he was thinking carrying on like that having just been busted out of the joint. Andriy will tell them that it's their own fault for putting him in a safehouse a block away from a titty bar, stating that he wasn't gonna sit around with a "dick as hard as baranki when there was hot bitches 50 meters away". He will then revert to slating the standard of Liberty City strip clubs in typical fashion, claiming that he owns a place down south where girls will show you their pussies and (for the right price) suck you dry, unlike Liberty City where the girls have bits of plastic covering their goodies. Carlo will simply repeat himself stating "I guess we also have the mayor to thank for that one". Tony will however call bullsh*t on his claims, saying that if he owned a strip club he wouldn't have acted like a caged animal who "never seen a bit of trim before", much to Andriy's chagrin. After a f*ck you filled back and forth between Andriy and Tony you should have just about reached the boat house on Charge Island.

Carlo will pull up in a designated spot and the three men will exit the vehicle. Andriy will immediately walk to the side and begin urinating.

Tony: "Jesus H. christ.. it's like looking after a child"

Andriy will look back over his right shoulder

"What? You prefer I piss in your car?"

Tony: "You prefer I punch you in your f*cking face? Hurry up and finish there so we can bring in this shipment"

Andriy: "It is ready to go?"

Tony: "Of course it's ready to go why the f*ck else would we be here"

Andriy will shake his dick off and put it back in his pants before turning around

"Dimitri said it would be soon but I didn't expect this soon.. took me two days to sail up from Vice City.. speedboats my ass"

Carlo: "That's the way you wanted to do it.."

Andriy: "Tis' the best way my friend.. well maybe not the best but certainly the quickest"

Carlo: "Well you could have flown it in.."

Andriy: "And take a further cut out of the profits? No f*cking way. We used to use a submarine and bring it in from the source.. this way is good but it's even more expensive"

Tony: "A submarine? Give me a f*cking break"

Andriy will continue on giving the pros and cons of the various ways of smuggling ignoring Tony completely

"... and it takes twice as long. Do you really have two weeks to be waiting around for an old soviet submarine?"

Tony: "To prove you're full of sh*t? Sure"

Andriy: "f*ck you gorilla I aint full of sh*t.. you full of f*cking sh*t.. you a big f*cking piece of sh*t"

Tony: "Oh yeah? Why don't you say that again"

The two men will advance towards one another, Andriy sticking his head into the taller Tony's chest and Carlo will promptly separate them.

"Alright both of you enough! This guys so f*cking drunk that he's not making any kind of sense and you should know better than to be arguing with somebody in his state"

"Andriy.. can you please just call your buddies so we can all go home"

Andriy: "Ah yes of course.. one moment please"

Andriy will take out his smartphone and load up something that resembles a game of battleships

Carlo: "Dude seriously we don't have time for playing f*cking games"

Andriy: "This is no game.. this is the latest in smartphone technology.. it is an app called Sea Scanner which scans all boat traffic in the area"

He will show the screen of his phone to Carlo and begin pointing at various dots on the screen

"These dots here are our boats containing the product and these ones here are the coastguard. When these two dots go here and here we know its clear to call in the speedboats"

Tony: "So we're risking a million worth of coke on a drunk Russian playing a game of Degenetron.. f*cking beautiful"

Carlo: "Actually that's pretty smart.. how much did that little gadget set you back"

Andriy: "Absolutely nothing I download for free from the iFruit app store.."

Tony: "Yeah f*cking fascinating.. now can you call in your buddies there"

Andriy: "Sure.. you got a phone?"

Tony: "What's that in your hand genius?"

Andriy: "I need to keep this screen open to make sure the route is clear"

Carlo: "Just give him your phone Tony"

Tony will sigh and take out his phone

"Dead f*cking battery"

Carlo: "Here use mine"

Carlo will hand Andriy his phone and he will call in the speedboats

"Yes hello.. it's all clear now you ready to come in?"

"...ok see you soon Boris"

Tony: "See, I f*cking told you"

The screen will now cut to the two speedboats loaded with cocaine and Russian henchmen cruising up the Humboldt towards the boatyard before docking on either side of the dock at the rear. It will will then cut back to Carlo, Andriy and Tony standing beside Tony's Oracle looking on.

Tony: "There it is, a million dollars worth of pure Colombian white powder"

Carlo: "Pure as the driven snow.."

Andriy: "Ok so I get my money now?"

Tony: "Sure"

Tony will go to the trunk of the car and take out a duffle bag full money, handing it to Maximov

Andriy will take the bag (the weight of which will take him by surprise) and look inside

"What the f*ck is this? You trying to rip me off?"

Carlo: "How do you even know how much is in there? Especially considering the state you're in"

Andriy: "I've handled enough duffle bags filled with money to know what three hundred big ones looks like, and this.. is more like one fifty.. what the f*ck?"

Tony: "Yeah.. half now, half when we offload it that was the deal.. everything split 50/50"

Carlo: "Minus my ten percent.."

Andriy: "f*ck you that was not the deal, I ought to f*cking kill you right now"

Tony: "Calm down you'll get your money.. if your antics today are anything to go by I'd say we're doing you a favour not giving it to you all at once"

Carlo: "One hundred grand cash in hand, I'd say that's a pretty decent days work comrade"

Andriy: "You are lucky that I like this guy Tony.. because if it wasn't for him.. you and me.. we go to war!!"

Tony: "Sure.. whatever you say pal. Let's get your drunk ass back home shall we.. and make sure we lock the f*cking door this time to stop you running away to Mexico"

Andriy will curse Tony out in Russian, hoist the heavy bag of money onto his shoulder and get into the car

Carlo: "Wait a minute don't we gotta wait here and offload this?"

Tony: "The Ruskies are supplying us with a little bit of manpower to do the heavy lifting and we've got a truck coming by a little later to pick it up"

Carlo: "Looks like you guys have just about thought of everything"

Tony will nod, open the driver's side door for Carlo and point inside

"You mind driving again? I've got some nerve damage from a gunshot wound in my leg and it flares up when I've been walking around"

Carlo: "Sure thing man"

Andriy: (from the back seat) "Maybe you should lose some weight"

Tony: (to Carlo) "Thanks pal"

(shouting into the back seat) "And you shut the f*ck up before I lose my temper"

The trio will now drive mostly silently towards the safehouse as Andriy will quickly fall asleep in the back seat

When you get to the safehouse Tony will get out of the car and wake Andriy up before ushering him into the safehouse cortiously carrying his bag for him.

Just when all seems to have gone (mostly) according to plan however Carlo will receive a panicked phonecall from Paulie

Paulie: "Where the hell is Tony, I've been trying to reach him"

Carlo: "He's here with me.. we're just at the safehouse offloading the Russian. Why what's up?"

Paulie: "Alright listen to me, you need to get back to the boathouse as quick as you can, somebody stole the truck we were gonna use to pick up the shipment. There's a chance they might try and use it in order to trick the Russians into giving them the coke. I need you to wait there until some more of my guys show up with another truck and make sure that doesn't happen ok"

Carlo: "Ok sure, we'll get on it right away"

Paulie: "I mean it as quick as you can"

Carlo will hang up the phone in frustration as Tony casually walks back from the safehouse to get back into the passenger seat, blissfully unaware that their job isn't quite over yet

Tony: "Everything ok?"

Carlo: "No everything is not ok.. Paulie just called and said he's been trying to reach you"

Tony will look at his phone

"Yeah my f*ckin battery died"

Carlo: "Forget about that and listen to me.. we gotta get back to the boathouse as quick as we can"

Tony: "Why's that?"

Carlo: "Some f*cking guys stole the truck they were gonna use to pick up the stuff, Paulie thinks they might try and use it to trick the Russians into handing it over"

Tony: "Well stop f*cking talking and start driving.. we lose this shipment and the bosses are gonna have my f*cking head"

You will be told to return to the boat house as quickly as you can but it really doesn't matter how long you take to get there since the outcome will be the same - The area will be littered with the bodies of dead Russians and the two speedboats loaded with coke will be gone from the docks.

Carlo and Tony will inevitably begin to panic but they won't have much time to consider their next move as they will find themselves slapped with a four star wanted level with the LCPD and NOOSE teams inbound. Hearing the approaching sirens Tony will make a run for it out the back door of the boathouse prompting Carlo to follow him. After a brief scan of the dock Tony will begin trying to push a boat from a metal stand over a wooden railing and into the water below. Even with Tony's immense strength though this will be no easy feat. Just then however Carlo will spot a blood splattered Squalo containing two dead Russians floating towards the dock. He will then suggest that the two of them make a dive for it. With a NOOSE team now pouring into the boathouse they will be left with no other choice. They will dive in but Tony will soon begin to flounder.

Carlo: "What the f*ck is wrong with you, lets go"

Tony: "I eh forgot something.. I can't f*ckin swim"

You will be instructed to go back and pull Tony over to the boat as the NOOSE team shoot at you from the dock. You're efforts naturally being toughened by Tony's large size. When you eventually make it to the Squalo both men will get in and Tony will pick up an SMG from one of the dead bodies, telling you to drive towards Richmond Island where Tony's house is located.

On your way there you will be pursued by an Annihilator and several Predators. You can assist Tony in taking out the the helicopter but the Predators will spawn infinitely until you get outside the wanted zone, so it's ultimately best just to drive. When you make it to the dock in Port Haven the mission will draw to a close with a bit of dialogue.

Carlo: (looking at the construction site) "So this is where all that money is going huh?"

Tony: "You mean the money I gave to the Russian for the coke we don't have?"

Carlo: "Actually I meant it in a more general sense but I suppose it's probably best to focus on the here and now"

Tony: "Yeah like here we are and now we're f*cked"

Carlo: "I'm sure everything will work out eventually"

Tony: "I f*cking hope so. I know one thing for damn sure Paulie aint gonna be happy.. he may seem cool, calm and collected but he has a mean streak"

Carlo: "Oh yeah?"

Tony: "How do you think I got that gunshot in my leg"

Carlo: "..Just try and square it with him as best you can ok"

Tony: "I'll try .. see you later"

Tony will walk off into the sunset and the mission will officially draw to a close.

Following this mission two different news stories will appear on the websites of The Liberty Tree and Weazle News respectively titled: "Second Strip Club Shooting May Lead to its Closure" and "Strip Club Psychos Undermining Our Second Ammendment Rights"

Click Here for Chapter 16

• Like 2

I know you like little easter eggs so if you know a bit about Carlo Gambino's life story you should be able guess who Peter Gravelli's father Eugene is based on.

Manny Gambino? :D

That's a great little easter egg! Just goes to show how deep the ties run in this concept.

The dialogue was the absolute star of that mission. So many times I found myself just creasing up and it made me overlook some of the more menial objectives throughout this part. The melee at the Triangle Club I thought was a little unnecessary as we basically moved onto another and larger shootout at Charge Island. I can see how it triggers the riotous banter between Tony Red and Andriy but part of me would have appreciated a more low key approach to portraying the Russians eccentrics. He could've been found wandering the nearby Bohan streets trying to buy pussy which leads you into a fist-fight with a pimp or two with the same outcome.

Also I have to give you massive kudos for the references to Gracie and Old Man Ancelotti. The part where Tony Red mentions "The Boss" (referring to Paulie) and quickly covering it over by referring to Bruce Springsteen (very clever this as "Born to Run" is on LRR and Paulie heads the Alderney Crew!) was a great nod towards the state of things in that family. Also, Frankie Garribaldi? :D

I like how Tony has been a sidekick of sorts to Carlo throughout this whole chapter. He's a good foil in the sense the dearly departed Louie Santino was.

Great work as ever. :cookie:

The Notorious MOB

I know you like little easter eggs so if you know a bit about Carlo Gambino's life story you should be able guess who Peter Gravelli's father Eugene is based on.

Manny Gambino? :D

That's a great little easter egg! Just goes to show how deep the ties run in this concept.

The dialogue was the absolute star of that mission. So many times I found myself just creasing up and it made me overlook some of the more menial objectives throughout this part. The melee at the Triangle Club I thought was a little unnecessary as we basically moved onto another and larger shootout at Charge Island. I can see how it triggers the riotous banter between Tony Red and Andriy but part of me would have appreciated a more low key approach to portraying the Russians eccentrics. He could've been found wandering the nearby Bohan streets trying to buy pussy which leads you into a fist-fight with a pimp or two with the same outcome.

Also I have to give you massive kudos for the references to Gracie and Old Man Ancelotti. The part where Tony Red mentions "The Boss" (referring to Paulie) and quickly covering it over by referring to Bruce Springsteen (very clever this as "Born to Run" is on LRR and Paulie heads the Alderney Crew!) was a great nod towards the state of things in that family. Also, Frankie Garribaldi? :D

I like how Tony has been a sidekick of sorts to Carlo throughout this whole chapter. He's a good foil in the sense the dearly departed Louie Santino was.

Great work as ever. :cookie:

Yeah man spot on. I basically think of Sonny Cangelosi as Gambino and Gravelli as Paul Castellano due to when they took over the family. It's widely believed that Cangelosi is Gravelli's uncle (I think it stems from a mix up with Giovanni Ancelotti) and Castellano was Gambino's younger cousin so it would make sense if Manny Gambino (or rather Eugene Gravelli) were Jon Gravelli's brother (and also the father of Peter) and I have you to thank for inspiring that part about Gracie.

The part of having to go to the strip club was purposefully supposed to seem like a pain in the ass. Given Andriy's personality I thought people would probably like him so I wanted to build up a bit of dislike for him for a reason that will make sense as the story goes on. It's kind of like how Bulgarin was handled in The Ballad of Gay Tony. I hope to also use him in a way to demonstrate Dimitri's growing power and a change in his personility a little bit later. I anticipated that people would think it unneccessary but the underlying theme is basically that nothing goes according to plan - kind of a contrast to the previous offering where everything went pretty smoothly because as we all know, in the world of GTA good things never last.

There are a few little precursors in this chapter as a whole and some of them will probably only really make sense towards the end. Paulie's affinity for Bruce Springsteen is just one of these little hints. It will be blatently obvious in the next part that Springsteen is the artist in question but well done for guessing it early. The title of the track "Born to Run" also has some significance. In the meantime I'm just gonna leave this here :ph34r:

Claude4Catalina

Poor effort mate...I was hoping to have Carlo trying to prevent the boat theft along with the other nameless goons, get shot non-fatally by some pissed off Serbian(because lets be honest Phil was f*cking useless in Catch The Wave) and then spend the next three episodes missions in a coma.

I'm f*cking with you of course as I'm otherwise lost for words. Simple mission formula with incredible dialogue and an insurmountable amount of references to the GTA IV story...I think one day I may have to comb through every piece of dialogue and pick out all the references, create a Grand Theft Auto: Family Ties Trivia and References page on Wiki!

Always a pleasure to read your work bud.

The Notorious MOB

Poor effort mate...I was hoping to have Carlo trying to prevent the boat theft along with the other nameless goons, get shot non-fatally by some pissed off Serbian(because lets be honest Phil was f*cking useless in Catch The Wave) and then spend the next three episodes missions in a coma.

I'm f*cking with you of course as I'm otherwise lost for words. Simple mission formula with incredible dialogue and an insurmountable amount of references to the GTA IV story...I think one day I may have to comb through every piece of dialogue and pick out all the references, create a Grand Theft Auto: Family Ties Trivia and References page on Wiki!

Always a pleasure to read your work bud.

Haha thanks man, it really means a lot :)

The title of the track "Born to Run" also has some significance. In the meantime I'm just gonna leave this here :ph34r:

Time to gear up some blatantly far fetched Springsteen speculation:

My smart money is on Paulie being born to run - lead - accounts of how I felt about his appearance in the early chapter. Something will provoke him to mount a challenge on Ancelottis leadership and depending on just how much of a Springsteen fan he is, he will heed his

and have the Old Man froze out on
by Murder Incorporated. :pp

I do think it will turn out that Giovanni Ancelotti marks Carlo for death (what exactly can Zito do to defend a man dealing in drugs?) though and the 'Born to Run' stands for him going on the lamb... I think Paulie will reach out or vice versa though... we will see.

At night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines

A death-wish assault on Giovanni Ancelotti's mansion?

I would keel over if Jimmy Capra popped up.

Edited by Tyla

The Notorious MOB

The title of the track "Born to Run" also has some significance. In the meantime I'm just gonna leave this here :ph34r:

Time to gear up some blatantly far fetched Springsteen speculation:

My smart money is on Paulie being born to run - lead - accounts of how I felt about his appearance in the early chapter. Something will provoke him to mount a challenge on Ancelottis leadership and depending on just how much of a Springsteen fan he is, he will heed his

and have the Old Man froze out on
by Murder Incorporated. :pp

I do think it will turn out that Giovanni Ancelotti marks Carlo for death (what exactly can Zito do to defend a man dealing in drugs?) though and the 'Born to Run' stands for him going on the lamb... I think Paulie will reach out or vice versa though... we will see.

At night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines

A death-wish assault on Giovanni Ancelotti's mansion?

I would keel over if Jimmy Capra popped up.

Damn.. you're so right on the money I won't even try to be elusive. Well with everything except for Carlo going on the lam and Jimmy Capra performing on stage (as surreally funny as that would be). There will be another option for Carlo though.. Paulie will be both an ally and an antagonist. At the end of the story all of the old guard will be gone and they will be replaced by younger counterparts.. a scene that reflects the one in real life in the late 2000s.

Do you aim for this topic to set it in stone where each of the five families ends up after the game or will you focus mostly on the Ancelottis?

The Notorious MOB

Do you aim for this topic to set it in stone where each of the five families ends up after the game or will you focus mostly on the Ancelottis?

Not exactly.. I will show what happens to the bosses but I'm not sure whether I will reveal who takes over etc. Roy Zito is already a given but it may be too much to map out each family's entire administration. I do have them mapped out but I'm still debating on whether or not to post them since it may be restrictive if somebody wants to feature the families post GTA IV.

Not exactly.. I will show what happens to the bosses but I'm not sure whether I will reveal who takes over etc.

I like this. I would really enjoy an ambiguous part of the ending like this. It reminds me of III, where there is no clarity over who takes over the Leone mafia. Now, I know this wasn't really Rockstar's focus, but it sparked the imagination of many. Many would argue over who took over, Toni or Joey? It would lead to stories of internal struggle between the Leones, leaving each man for himself. It's things like this that keep our imaginations going and really allows us to create concepts.

• Like 1

There's not really a Toni and Joey situation here though, or anyone surviving (from what I gather) within the Ancelotti Family for there to be a need for what happens to them to be open ended. Considering their entire administration was wiped out in GTAIV and they don't get any healthier in Family Ties, I would like something - be it names and faces or them being kicked out of the commission - to associate with them once all is said and done. The other loose ends with the Gambettis and Messinas are obvious.

The whole thing doesn't have to be mapped out. Covering just the bosses will be enough insight into each family. I highly doubt it's going to restrict anyone in any way.

• Like 1

The Notorious MOB

There's not really a Toni and Joey situation here though, or anyone surviving (from what I gather) within the Ancelotti Family for there to be a need for what happens to them to be open ended. Considering their entire administration was wiped out in GTAIV and they don't get any healthier in Family Ties, I would like something - be it names and faces or them being kicked out of the commission - to associate with them once all is said and done. The other loose ends with the Gambettis and Messinas are obvious.

The whole thing doesn't have to be mapped out. Covering just the bosses will be enough insight into each family. I highly doubt it's going to restrict anyone in any way.

I partly agree with both of you.. that's what brought about the uncertainty. Although the Ancelottis are the smallest of the five families I would imagine they would still consist of about 100 made members. Two of their capos and their underboss were killed in GTA IV it's hardly all out decimation.. I mean they could easily be replaced. The Pegorinos on the other hand seem to be in a much worse state. I'd estimate that the Pegorino family only contains about 5 crews and their boss and many of their members were killed in the finale of IV.

If we assume that Tony Black and all of his crew are wiped out in Actions Speak Louder than Words and another crew are wiped out in Waste Not Want Knots then thats two crews gone from the Ancelottis. It's unlikely that they would replace whole crews (for a long time at least) so they can be stricken off. We can also probably write off the whole Alderney Faction (which shouldnt have really existed) due to If the Price is Right and Gracie's random encounter. I'd assume thats at the least about one third of their crews (although I'm leaning more towards half) meaning that they'd probably be left at a similar size to the Pegorinos at the start of IV rather than being on the brink of extinction.

The more I think about it the whole Alderney Crew is probably something I mostly created myself. We know their boss started off working in the Alderney fruit markets and eventually gained control over them and that their underboss Chubby Charlie was born in Alderney City but other than that their is little aside from their presence in Port Tudor in the finale of the Deal strand to suggest they operated in any large way over there. With that said its probably best to have them disappear by the end of the story and possibly be absorbed by Al Ricci's Richmond Island crew. Rockstar were probably trying to do something similar to the Lupertazzis in The Sopranos by having Chubby Charlie present in Alderney similar to the way Johnny Sack lives and opperates in New Jersey despite being the Underboss of a Brooklyn based Family.

• 2 weeks later...
Claude4Catalina

having a Saturday to myself, I decided to do something constructive, like tidy my bedroom, changes the sheets or wash my car, but I finally settled on re-reading this concept from the start and I have to say you've created such an incredible story for Carlo, from his humble Bohan beginning up until the point we're currently at. Characters are perfect and then there is the dialogue; Tarantino eat your heart out pal! One thing I actually quite enjoy is how Carlo is still running grunt jobs to an extent, just like Chris Moltisanti and Gene Pontecorvo after they got their buttons in Season 3 of The Sopranos. It has kept things grounded rather than depicting being made as some kind of mythological status only bestowed to the most capable full blooded Sicilians. Fair enough Carlo is being trusted as Zito's point man for the coke operation, but is he really doing anything apart from ferrying around other mobsters and doing another man's bidding. If Goodfella's started the whole "life as a Mafiosi actually sucks" idea that The Sopranos continued, I'd say Family Ties is doing a brilliant job of carrying on that notion, without watering down the missions.

The Notorious MOB

Thank you both for the comments guys.

having a Saturday to myself, I decided to do something constructive, like tidy my bedroom, changes the sheets or wash my car, but I finally settled on re-reading this concept from the start and I have to say you've created such an incredible story for Carlo, from his humble Bohan beginning up until the point we're currently at. Characters are perfect and then there is the dialogue; Tarantino eat your heart out pal! One thing I actually quite enjoy is how Carlo is still running grunt jobs to an extent, just like Chris Moltisanti and Gene Pontecorvo after they got their buttons in Season 3 of The Sopranos. It has kept things grounded rather than depicting being made as some kind of mythological status only bestowed to the most capable full blooded Sicilians. Fair enough Carlo is being trusted as Zito's point man for the coke operation, but is he really doing anything apart from ferrying around other mobsters and doing another man's bidding. If Goodfella's started the whole "life as a Mafiosi actually sucks" idea that The Sopranos continued, I'd say Family Ties is doing a brilliant job of carrying on that notion, without watering down the missions.

Yeah this was my intention and funnily enough I had been thinking of the similarities between Carlo and Moltisanti in particular the other day. I want to try and emphasise more the negative side of being a made guy in the coming chapters and have things really start coming to a head.

Just as a matter of interest how long did it take you to read through the story?

Claude4Catalina

you've done well in keeping the similarities subtle, something I've tried to do with my Carcer topic is flip the coin on some characters; for instance I've got John Ventimiglia (Artie Bucco) as a Ralph Ciffaretto expy, the high rolling big earner with a chip on his shoulder, and Vincent Curatola (John Sacrimoni) as an FIB Agent partnered with Idris Elba (The Wire's Stringer Bell).

It looks me best part of a working day, started at ten in the morning and finished around four. I mean that would translate into maybe four or five hours gameplay time, which isnt a bad amount considering we're not done yet. Something a lot of games lack is longevity paired with staying fresh, so to think of a concept in terms of how it would play as an actual game helps bring it together.

• Like 1

I need to make time to go through the story start to finish.

Very excited for the next mission after what I've read.

• Like 1

The Notorious MOB

you've done well in keeping the similarities subtle, something I've tried to do with my Carcer topic is flip the coin on some characters; for instance I've got John Ventimiglia (Artie Bucco) as a Ralph Ciffaretto expy, the high rolling big earner with a chip on his shoulder, and Vincent Curatola (John Sacrimoni) as an FIB Agent partnered with Idris Elba (The Wire's Stringer Bell).

It looks me best part of a working day, started at ten in the morning and finished around four. I mean that would translate into maybe four or five hours gameplay time, which isnt a bad amount considering we're not done yet. Something a lot of games lack is longevity paired with staying fresh, so to think of a concept in terms of how it would play as an actual game helps bring it together.

The similarities weren't intentional I just realised them the other day. The main reason I saw a likeness between the two was because although Chrissy is a stone cold killer he is quite in touch with his emotions and is not afraid to show when he's scared or intimidated. Obviously Louie would be more of a characture but there definitely are some similarities between him and Carlo. I initially wanted him to be more of a Ray Liotta, Henry Hill type but he ended up being similar to Chris Moltisanti by proxy. There are far too many tough guys in GTA games and I often find myself saying "yeah right, if he said that in real life he'd be dead for sure" so instead of Carlo telling people to go f*ck themselves he often takes the more diplomatic approach.

The next mission is kind of at a stalemate at the moment I have the majority of it written but there's just one part I can't seem to motivate myself to write decent content for. Maybe I should go back and read through the story myself in order to get some inspiration :)

The chapters where Carlo is caught up with Vulaj and the Greeks is well worth a re-read. Very underrated and inspiring.

• Like 1

The Notorious MOB

The chapters where Carlo is caught up with Vulaj and the Greeks is well worth a re-read. Very underrated and inspiring.

Cheers man although I actually just decided to get over myself and just finish the damn thing. You can read it below.

The Notorious MOB

Chapter 16 - Misgivings

Part 1 – "An Uneasy Alliance"

This chapter will begin at Carlo's apartment with yet another phonecall however this time it will be received in cutscene.

Carlo looks at his phone to see the call coming from a visible but unknown number. Being quite used to such irregularities at this stage he will answer it without so much as a second thought.

"Hey Carlo, it's me Tony" the voice on the other end will say

Carlo: "Hey Tony what gives, you change your number or what?"

Tony: "The other phone was a burner so I tossed it"

Carlo: "I guess it's cheaper than charging it. I suppose I shouldn't bother saving you to my contacts then"

Tony: "Saving me to your contacts, what are you kidding me? You get pinched and the cops have first class access to anybody you ever did business with.. Paulie taught me that one"

Carlo: "Ok consider them deleted. So anyway what can I do you for?"

Tony: "Charlie and Paulie are having a sit down with the Ruskies at the old factory.. they managed to figure out a way that we can both be compensated for the missing coke"

Carlo: "You mean they still haven't found it?"

Tony: "That stuff'll be all over the street by now"

Carlo: "Maybe.. so what's the plan?"

Tony: "They've agreed to give them the other half of the money and we get another shipment of coke.. that way we share the loss from what happened down at the boathouse"

Carlo: "That makes sense.. so what part do we play in all of this?"

Tony: "We're gonna hand over the money to Maximov at another location. The Russians are gonna stand by in the factory until they get the word that the handover's done"

Carlo: "I guess they aint prepared to give it to us on consignment huh?"

Tony: "Not after last time.. the trust levels between us and them are a little bit low right now.. I guess it's what you call an uneasy alliance"

Carlo: "I guess it's what you call having your balls in a vice. So where is this little handover supposed to take place?"

Tony: "The docks in chase point where they're building the fish market"

Carlo will get flashbacks of the dock in question – Louie skimming stones and introducing him to the ill fated Joe Corrola followed by a flash of Louie getting whacked by Rudy D'Avanzo.

Tony: "You know it?"

Carlo: "Yeah.. I know the place"

Tony: "Ok cool. See you there in about an hour"

Carlo: "Yeah.. I'll be there"

Carlo will turn towards the door of his apartment but will pause momentarily with his hand on the door handle before pushing it down, unable to shake the uneasy feeling brought on by the flashbacks

He will shake his head and pull himself together. He has somewhere to be. With that thought in his head he will leave the apartment and you will be instructed to make your way to the rendez-vous point to meet up with Tony and give Andriy the cash.

When you get there Carlo will find Tony standing by the entrance holding a bag full of money

Tony: "You ready to do this sh*t?"

Carlo: "Ready as I'll ever be"

Tony: "You sure? You seem a little distant"

Carlo: "This place just brings back weird memories that's all"

Tony: "Oh Yeah? Something happen here?"

Carlo: "Nah it's nothin"

Tony: "Come on Carlo, this where you lost your virginity or what?"

Carlo will simply choose to ignore him knowing that telling him about Louie would open up a whole other can of worms. He will begin walking towards the building ahead and Tony will follow suit.

Tony however will save him the effort of explaining as he draws level with him as they walk

"Ah I get it.. a piece of work" he will say making the sign of a gun with his hand.

"It's ok you don't gotta talk about it. A little bit of wisdom though.. it does get easier. After a while you don't even think about let alone talk about it"

Carlo: "And here we are talking about it"

Tony: "You're right.. I'ma shut up now"

By this time the two men will have made their way to the rear entrance of the derelict building. You will be instructed to make your way to the top.

Carlo: "So where's our buddy? He should be here right?"

Tony: "Yeah.. let's just keep climbing he's probably at the top. I might as well get some exercise, lord knows I need it"

When you have reached the top you will find Andriy standing alone smoking a cigarette. He will drop it and stub it out with some shiny new shoes when he sees the two men approaching.

Andriy: "Ah gentlemen, so nice of you to join us"

Carlo: "Us? Aren't you alone?"

Andriy: "Yeah its uggh figure of speech"

Tony: "Wait a minute.. is that a gun?" pointing to a Desert Eagle Andriy holds in his right hand which will only now have become visible

"Everybody knows you don't bring a gun to a sit down"

Andriy: "This is for my own protection"

Tony: "What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?"

Carlo: "Forget about it Tony, just give him the cash so we can get outta here"

Andriy will extend his free hand and gesture for a handover and Tony will bat it away

"No f*ck that. I wanna know what he means"

"You gonna give me the money or are we gonna have a problems?" Andriy will say raising his gun towards Tony's head

There will be a few moments of intense silence before Tony speaks

"What are you gonna do, are you gonna shoot me? Then go ahead"

Tony will stand brazenly with his arms open, still clutching the bag of money in one hand, openly provoking Maximov. Carlo will step forward to try and intervene but time will seem to stand still and he won't quite get between them before the slide of Andriy's Desert Eagle pumps backward expelling a puff of smoke sidewards with a spent shell that perforates Tony's skull. As his blood and grey matter splashes Carlo's face he will snap back to really with a jolting rush of adrenaline as his cognitive functions attempt to catch up

"What the f*ck did you just do" he will say, his voice drenched in panic

"Well he did ask" Andriy will reply with a pompous shrug

Carlo will be stunned momentarily in mouth gaping disbelief. He has met some cold blooded killers in recent times but Andriy's actions stink of pure idiocy

"He's a made f*cking guy!!"

Andriy: "So what are you going to do about it?"

Andriy will now shift his aim towards Carlo

Carlo: "Me?? This whole mess has nothing to do with me.. I'm just an intermediary. It's the Ancelottis you need to be worried about"

Andriy: "f*ck them and f*ck you"

He will walk forward his pistol still fixed on Carlo before crouching to pick up the bag of cash which has now partially spilled onto the concrete floor and begun to soak up Tony's blood (which has now formed a large pull around his lifeless body).

"I'm gonna take this money now and if you've got a problem with that you can join your f*ck wad buddy there"

Andriy will pick up the bag and begin to back up towards a flight of stairs leading down towards the next level of the structure still pointing his gun at Carlo

Carlo: "Like I said we aint got no problem but you aint gonna get away with this. And just so you know if I'm the one they send to whack you I'm gonna piss on your double crossing no good sh*t smelling carcass.."

Andriy: "You finished?"

Carlo: "You backwards communist piece of f*cking sh*t"

Andriy: "You finished now?"

Andriy will be already nearing the bottom of the stairs

Carlo: "..you and you're whole f*cking organisation"

Andriy: "Okay very good"

He will now disappear out of sight

Carlo: "You're a f*ckin dead man!"

Andriy will call up from the lower level "Speaking of my organisation.. have fun making your way down asshole"

Carlo: (shouting down the opening) "f*ck! You!"

You will now hear the sounds of hordes of Russian gangsters armed with automatic rifles making their way up the lower floors of the structure towards Carlo's position. He will take cover behind a metal pillar and prepare for a firefight.

Your objective now will be to make your way down the structure fighting off Russian gangsters as you go. There will be three levels to descend in total, each littered with Russian assassins. Once you have made your way to the ground floor you must move cautiously through the exit as there will be more Russians waiting outside taking cover behind some stacks of plywood. Once these have been disposed of you have two options for your exit. You can go out the front on foot and then jack a vehicle or you can go out the back by water, the choice is yours. Both exits however will be guarded by more Russians. Several cars of them will pull up outside and there will also be a handful of Russians standing on a barge to the rear. Regardless of what exit you choose you will need to dispose of at least some of the Russians on the barge in order to stop them cutting you down with gunfire as you try to leave. If you choose the rear exit there will be a Tropic parked up by a dock to the left and a Squalo further down to the right. As you try to escape via either means you will be pursued either by car or by boat. You must either shake off or kill these pursuers in order to complete your objective. Once you have done this you will receive a call from Paulie which will go like this:

Paulie: "Hey Carlo how did it go?"

Carlo: "Not so good actually"

Paulie: "Really? What happened?"

Carlo: "Our Russian friend shot Tony and took the cash"

Paulie: "That motherf*cker!! And you just stood there and let him?"

Carlo: "The guy had a gun pointed at me what was I supposed to do?"

Paulie: "Why the f*ck did he shoot Tony anyhow?"

Carlo: "Your boy got a little bit testy but I think the whole thing was a set up from the start. As soon as he made his getaway the place was crawling with Russians. I'm lucky I got out of there alive"

Paulie: "Hmm.. things didn't go so well on our end neither"

Carlo: "Oh no?"

Paulie: "It's a f*cking massacre.. Charlie, the Russians they're all f*ckin dead.. even Charlie's pilot got hit.. crashed his f*ckin helicopter right through the roof of the factory. I don't know who was behind this but they were f*cking professionals"

Carlo: "And where were you when all this was happening?"

Paulie: "I went down the street to get a packet of cigarettes and when I came back the place was in flames and there was police officers and firefighters everywhere. I just got the f*ck outta there. I've got myself one of them police scanners.. that's how I found out the details. This is a big f*cking mess I'll tell you that much. Give me some time to figure out what we do next and I'll give you a call. And don't go doing any one man army sh*t looking for vengeance ya hear me"

Carlo: "I wouldn't dream of it. Speak to you soon"

After hanging up Carlo will take Tony's earlier advice and delete all of his contacts saying "This one's for you buddy". This part of the chapter will now be complete.

Following this part of the chapter an article will appear on the website of The Liberty Tree titled "Guts Strewn All Over Fishmarket (again)" which details the discovery of the bodies of Tony and several Russian gangsters in Chase Point.

Click here for Part 2

• Like 2

Naughtius Maximus

Excellent mission, man. Especially I liked how Carlo has got deep into dark flashbacks when he heard the sitdown is to be set at the docks in Chase Point... I guess he has come to the conclusion the place is darned jinxed after it has prepared the falldowns and bad lucked rises of some people (the slick Joe and Louie the Cowboy I am certainly talking about). It seems like he has been right.

I'm really enjoying Maximov by the way, he has been a great comic relief since he has stepped into the story... he's a f*cking buzzkill to an absolutely high level, and we have collected him from a strip club while he was drunk as a skunk. However, with this mission, we also happened to learn that Maximov's a psychotic cold-blooded killer without a clue... but his cluelessness has guarded his comic relief I can tell that.

I'm eager to see what's gonna wait us for the rest of the story. Family Ties' is surely a breathtaking story that manages to surprise you with every opportunity.

• Like 2

Claude4Catalina

great way of working in the reference to Chubby Charlie's death at Niko's hands and somewhat explaining the Russian guards during that IV mission. Simple gameplay with complex cutscenes always keep it interesting and I honestly didn't see Maximov blowing away that dick Tony like that. Brilliant work as per usual mate.

• Like 1

The Notorious MOB

great way of working in the reference to Chubby Charlie's death at Niko's hands and somewhat explaining the Russian guards during that IV mission. Simple gameplay with complex cutscenes always keep it interesting and I honestly didn't see Maximov blowing away that dick Tony like that. Brilliant work as per usual mate.

I'm glad to see it came as a surprise since it can be hard to pull that off in text.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Loved the mission mate, nice dialogue and a great set up for the shootout. I liked how you killed off Tony and the surprise came across really well. I also liked Carlo's flashbacks, but I'm not too far into the story, so can't recall the event, however it still had a powerful effect, and is a great asset of Carlo's character. Since I'm still reading through the first parts of the concept, could you tell me if Andriy is linked to Dimitri Rascalov or Kenny Petrovic? It's a while since I played through the portion of GTA IV that features this location and time of the mission.