2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto: Family Ties

The Notorious MOB

I will have more time to elaborate on this later as I'm kinda rushing to post right now but a feature I would like to see in the game when Carlo becomes a Made Man are a set of favour missions that are given by a variety of characters from Liberty City's non-Italian underworld. Collecting debts, mediating disputes, intimidating witnesses, silently taking someone out of the equation... that grade of thing. You'd earn special one time perks for each favour you complete. What do you think?

Everything else you outlined sounds fantastic. Good job. :^:

The Notorious MOB

I will have more time to elaborate on this later as I'm kinda rushing to post right now but a feature I would like to see in the game when Carlo becomes a Made Man are a set of favour missions that are given by a variety of characters from Liberty City's non-Italian underworld. Collecting debts, mediating disputes, intimidating witnesses, silently taking someone out of the equation... that grade of thing. You'd earn special one time perks for each favour you complete. What do you think?

Everything else you outlined sounds fantastic. Good job. :^:

The game would feature ambient events like GTA V which could easily include some of this stuff. I don't really want to overload the topic with too much content since its meant to be a DLC afterall.

Yeah that was pretty much my line of inspiration with the ambient events, more so along the lines of the events that earn you crew members than the random muggings on the street. Now that Carlo's a Made guy the events would come to him with his new found status as opposed to the player going out to find them, but you're probably right that it's too OTT a feature.

And I genuinely forget this is only meant to be a DLC sometimes. There's arguably more content in this GTAIV expansion than there is in GTAV.

Is the next chapter coming soon?

The Notorious MOB

Yeah that was pretty much my line of inspiration with the ambient events, more so along the lines of the events that earn you crew members than the random muggings on the street. Now that Carlo's a Made guy the events would come to him with his new found status as opposed to the player going out to find them, but you're probably right that it's too OTT a feature.

And I genuinely forget this is only meant to be a DLC sometimes. There's arguably more content in this GTAIV expansion than there is in GTAV.

Is the next chapter coming soon?

Starting out I wanted to put in so much content but I was restricted by my desire to link the topic into the story of GTA IV. Looking back its a good thing I didn't since its already taken me four years to get this far :D

I've been really busy with work lately and my shifts are kind of all over the place. I have the next installment half written so its just a matter of writing up the other half now. Its really just two long cutscenes and acts as more of way of advancing the story than anything else.. kind of like the set up for the drug deal in Chapter 4.

Edited by Money Over Bullshit

It's mad to read May 2011 above Chapter 4! I really admire your sticking with it which is something I've never been able to do.

I'm looking forward to the two long cutscenes as much as full-on missions to be honest because I know you do dialogue well. Exchanges between characters are as good as exchanges of gunfire. Hope you catch a break and post it up soon. :^:

The Notorious MOB

It's mad to read May 2011 above Chapter 4! I really admire your sticking with it which is something I've never been able to do.

I'm looking forward to the two long cutscenes as much as full-on missions to be honest because I know you do dialogue well. Exchanges between characters are as good as exchanges of gunfire. Hope you catch a break and post it up soon. :^:

I hope to have it posted by the end of the year. That gives me over a week to get my finger out of my ass so I'm hopeful :)

I hope you get your finger out of your arse before Christmas Day or else it's going to hurt like a bastard when you sit down for dinner :D Seriously man take your time and I hope you enjoy the holiday season.

Away from matters of the rectal passage I've been wondering about the Ancelotti character of yours named Paulie Gianco. I went through your chapters and I haven't seen a mention of him yet. I cottoned on to the Ancelottis being involved in the later story, any clue to when he will appear and what role he has?

The Notorious MOB

I hope you get your finger out of your arse before Christmas Day or else it's going to hurt like a bastard when you sit down for dinner :D Seriously man take your time and I hope you enjoy the holiday season.

Away from matters of the rectal passage I've been wondering about the Ancelotti character of yours named Paulie Gianco. I went through your chapters and I haven't seen a mention of him yet. I cottoned on to the Ancelottis being involved in the later story, any clue to when he will appear and what role he has?

Haha very good man. Best wishes to you also :santa:

Gianco will actually appear quite prominently in the next chapter which will pretty much revolve around the Ancelottis, as will the one after that (Chapter 16) which will feature the likes of Dimitri Rascalov and his Vice City associate Andriy Maximov. He will be quite an important character in the latter parts of the story and will act as kind of a conduit for many of the significant events from here on out (including several crossovers with GTA IV).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's excellent to hear. I'm really looking forward to Dimitri Rascalov's appearance, not just because how little we knew of his activities after betraying Faustin (although he seemed to be everywhere and into everything) and the alliances he made, but I've rarely seen him feature in concepts at all.

Playing through GTAV again over the holidays I did Antonia Bottino's random encounter and noticed after the mission that the money gets wired to your bank account by someone named as 'Dario Bottino.' It crossed my mind as to what you would make of this, whether or not it's too far into the story to pay any mind to it. It's probably intended as a secret identity but I thought to myself would a man who's on the run from enemies coast to coast really be so stupid as to use a such a recognizable surname as his alias?

I don't know why, but I always thought Andriy Maximov was the Russian mobster in the ship by the steers. Might it be possible that he was killed there? I don't want to say nothing but this would make a cool appearance.

DhF4CUK7S5mrQmZkTLK8DA.png

The Notorious MOB

I don't know why, but I always thought Andriy Maximov was the Russian mobster in the ship by the steers. Might it be possible that he was killed there? I don't want to say nothing but this would make a cool appearance.

He's an associate of Dimitri Rascalov who is intercepted by police bringing a boatload of cocaine from Vice City. The event is mentioned in a Weazle News article in GTA IV.

That's excellent to hear. I'm really looking forward to Dimitri Rascalov's appearance, not just because how little we knew of his activities after betraying Faustin (although he seemed to be everywhere and into everything) and the alliances he made, but I've rarely seen him feature in concepts at all.

Playing through GTAV again over the holidays I did Antonia Bottino's random encounter and noticed after the mission that the money gets wired to your bank account by someone named as 'Dario Bottino.' It crossed my mind as to what you would make of this, whether or not it's too far into the story to pay any mind to it. It's probably intended as a secret identity but I thought to myself would a man who's on the run from enemies coast to coast really be so stupid as to use a such a recognizable surname as his alias?

He will have only a small role, mostly due to the fact that he played such a pivotal role in GTA IV. The article that mentions Maximov does mention Dimitri by name though so you can imagine that he won't be too impressed about his name being dragged through the media.

As far as Dario Bottino is concerned I imagine him to be a relative of Sammy's rather than the man himself. In GTA V they seemed to really ramp up the comparisons between Sammy Bottino and Sammy "The Bull" Gravano so Dario is probably meant to be his son since Gravano also has a son named Gerard and a daughter named Karen - who Antonia is likely based on. The character of Nicky was created by me long before GTA V came out and I think him having two sons would probably be a little bit messy even though he never really acknowledged the former as his kid (kind of like Vincent Corleone in a way). There's also the character of Beppe who picks Antonio up in the Vinewood Hills who could possibly be her boyfriend or another sibling. The main difference between Gravano and Bottino though is a 20 year age gap. This same age gap can't be applied to his family though since Karen Gravano was born in 1979 meaning in comparible terms Antonia would only be 14 in GTA V (being born in 1999) which she clearly isn't. If we were to cut the gap in half though she would be around 24 in 2013 meaning that Sammy fathered her when he was about the same age himself. Nicky was born in 1984 (as mentioned in The Code of The Streets) which going by this theory would make him the older of the two in contrast to Sammy Gravano's family in which his daughter Karen is the oldest. When I created the character of Nicky I actually partly based him on Nicky Scarfo Jr. who in real life is the son of former Philadelpha Crime family Boss Nicky Scarfo Snr. and a soldier in the Lucchese Family (hence their similar appearence). The real Scarfo Jnr. is 20 years older than Nicky Bottino the same way Gravano is 20 years older than Sammy Bottino.

I have been quite busy lately but I'm gonna get working on the next installment of the story over the weekend (I promise) so I should have it posted between now and monday :)

EDIT: Part 1 of the new chapter is posted below. As I mentioned before the "mission" is basically just two cutscenes of roughly equal lengths with a little bit of driving in between. In order to make it easier to read I've seperated the two parts with a some (***) symbols - readers may find it a little bit easier to read the first half and then come back and read the next.

The Notorious MOB

Chapter 15 - The Greater Good

Part 1 - "Everything's a Ceremony"

There will be a knock on the door of Carlo's apartment and he will open it to reveal a suited Dino standing there on the other side.

Carlo: "Hey Dino.. what are you doing here?"

Dino: "Put a suit on we're going to a party"

Carlo: "Party? What kind of Party?"

Dino: "I don't know if you heard but the Don aint been doing too good"

Carlo: "And we're going out to celebrate?"

Dino: "No numb nuts. The capos had a meeting today in Little Italy to decide who should take over after he passes and they elected Roy Zito. I gotta say I thought it was a bit of a foregone conclusion but he's having a little get together in a hotel to celebrate anyways"

Carlo: "Aint that a little.. premature"

Dino: "That's what Gravelli wanted and you know these guys.. everything's a ceremony with them"

Carlo: "Speaking of ceremonies.. how come you always hear about these sorts of things before me?"

Dino: "I don't know. They just like me better I guess. Anyway get a move on we gotta be there in less than an hour"

You will now be placed at Carlo's wardrobe and told to pick out a suit and dress shoes for him to wear. Once you have selected an outfit Carlo will rejoin Dino in the living room.

Dino: "Looking dapper man, let's go"

The two men will drive a short distance to The Emissary hotel in Star Junction. When they get there they will exit the car and go inside before emerging in the next scene in a large banquet hall packed to the rafters with people who are attending Zito's inauguration, which is already in full effect. Shortly thereafter Dino will receive a phonecall and after excusing himself he will walk away to answer it, placing a finger in his ear in order to drown out the noise in the background. He will rejoin Carlo by the bar a few moments later and tell him "I gotta duck out for a minute my girl is in the lobby.. stay right there though I'd love you to meet her". "Don't you think that's a little risky bringing her to something like this?" Carlo will say but Dino will reassure him by telling him "Don't worry she knows the deal, her family's connected". Not thinking too much of it Carlo will excuse him telling him he'll "wait right here" by the bar.

As he's waiting Carlo will spot the brunette lady who was drinking with Frankie Garone at Maisonette 9 dressed in a waitresses uniform wiping down one of the tables. At first he will be reluctant to disturb her while she's working but he will eventually decide to seize the opportunity and go over to talk to her.

"Hey.. Sharon, I'm Carlo" he will say, studying her nametag

"Hey Carlo what can I get you?" she will say without even looking up at him

Carlo: "This is a little weird but I saw you at Maisonette.. you were drinking with Frankie Garone"

At this point she will look up, instantly recognising him "Sure I remember you.. you were with Louie Santoro right"

Carlo: "Yeah that's right.. you heard what happened with them right"

Sharon: "Yeah.. them two were kinda crazy.. I'm not surprised they wound up dead"

Carlo: "Yeah they were some characters" (laughs nervously) "You know that night I saw you and I thought you were kind of cute"

Carlo will cut to the chase in order to avoid speaking any further about the deceased

"Well you're not so bad yourself Carlo" Sharon will say in a playfully flirtatious manner, making it all too easy for him not to be coy

Carlo: "I wanted to go and talk to you but Frankie said you were going out with his buddy Rocco"

Sharon: "Ha no..me and Rocco were never going out. I mean we f*cked a couple of times but nothing more.. he used to give me blow sometimes.. and sometimes.. I'd return the favour.. if you know what I mean"

"Yeah I get you" Carlo will say as if to be repulsed by the thought of her lips around another man's penis

"Anyway Rocco's not really my type.. he's a bit too much of a bitch for me.. I like a real man.. are you a real man Carlo.. I'd bet you are" she will say stroking his tie

At this point they will be interrupted by Dino who will be calling out to Carlo from a few feet away. Carlo will make his excuses for having to leave even though they both know he would much rather stay

"Listen I gotta go.. my buddy is calling me.. but uh maybe I could get your number and give you a call sometime" Carlo will say in stuttering manner that makes him sound akin to pubescent school boy

Sharon will smile and seductively write something down on a napkin, she will then fold it and give it to Carlo who will put it in his pocket before going to join Dino in another part of the room.

When Carlo gets there he will be shocked to realise that Dino's girlfriend is none other than Dani Lupisella who somewhat ironically was probably the last girl to make him feel like a pubescent school boy. He will stand there in silence unable to speak. His stunned silence however will soon be broken by Dani who will give him a somewhat contemptuous "Hi Carlo" her shock apparently being overpowered by scorn

Carlo trying not to show his true feelings will counter with an equally fake politeness

"Hi Dani, its nice to see you again".

Dino: "Wait you two know each other?"

Carlo: "Yeah me and Daniela go way back"

Dani: "We haven't seen each other in a while though.. we're probably very different people now"

"I'm still the same old Carlo.. only thing changed is the outfit" Carlo will say pointing to his fancy suit

Dino will attempt to cut the bewildering tension between the two, not understanding the animosity but wanting everyone to get along

"Yeah Carlo's a stand up guy ya know"

Dani: "I guess I'll have to take your word for it"

Carlo will attempt to be the bigger person by feigning some interest while simultaneously changing the subject

"So how did you guys meet anyway?"

Dino: "We met at a fundraiser for disadvantaged youth in South Bohan.. it's something that's close to me given my childhood"

Carlo: "I thought you were from Broker Dino"

Dino: "Actually I grew up in Richmond Island but my childhood was far from ideal"

Dani: "It was so nice to meet a real man who knew how to treat a lady, not like some of the little boys I've known in the past"

Carlo: "Yeah you always did have a soft spot for young Latinos Dani.. like that Dominican drug dealer you dated Uptown"

Dani: "That was years ago.. I've grown up a lot since then"

Dino: "You mean that bouncer at Maisonette 9? I thought you said you only flirted with him so you and your friends could get in for free"

Dani: "Yeah.. I think Carlo just got the wrong end of the stick"

Carlo: "I guess you shouldn't speak on something unless you know all of the details eh Dani"

Dani: "I guess not.. it's good that we set the record straight about that one at least"

She then turns to Dino

"Anyway we better go.. this guy promised he would buy me some cocktails.. lord knows I need them"

Carlo: "Well as I say it was nice to see you again Dani"

Dani: "Yeah. I guess I'll see you around"

She will then start to walk away prompting Dino to make his excuses and go running after her like a hungry Chihuahua.

Carlo will begin to walk towards the bar to get another drink to drown his sorrows but just before getting there he will stop in his tracks, remembering the napkin Sharon had given him earlier. He will take it from his pocket and open it up and the camera will zoom in to reveal the words "Meet me in the janitors closet in ten minutes". Without so much as a second thought Carlo will leave the main hall and make a beeline for the janitors closet. He will knock on the door and it will be opened by an unseen woman who will then pull him inside. The scene will then cut to the outside of the door and the two of them will be heard having rigorous sex.

After another cut Carlo will reemerge in the dining hall looking a little disheveled. Before he even has time to recover from his few minutes of passion though he will be approached by Peter Gravelli who will tell him "Mr. Z wants to see you over at his table right away"

Carlo: "Should I be worried?"

Peter: "How the hell should I know just get over there"

Carlo will approach Roy's table and say to him "You wanted to see me?"

Roy: "Sure Carlo have a seat"

Carlo will take a seat opposite him at the table and Zito will pour him a glass of vodka

Roy: "It's good to see you again"

Carlo: "You too Mr. Zito"

Roy: "Call me Roy.. I aint that old. You know we didn't really get a chance to talk after the ceremony so I just wanted to take some time with you to officially welcome you on board"

"It's an honour Roy" Carlo will say as he takes a sip of his drink

Roy: "I also got a little favour to ask you"

Carlo: "Sure.. what is it"

Roy: "Well as you know I'm now officially in line to be the head honcho after the don passes and in the interest of moving forward I want to bring about a time of peace. Things have been a little chaotic over the past couple of months..."

Carlo will nod in understanding saving him the need to elaborate and allowing him to continue

"If we want to move forward though we have to break bread with our enemies. Us and most of the other families are on pretty good terms now but as far back as I can remember we've had beef with the Ancelottis. God knows how it started or when its really gonna end but I'm hoping a little business deal between us could be the way forward. I'm sure you've heard about the construction work they got going on over in Port Haven? Well right now it's pretty much all Ancelotti controlled, their only problem is we pull the strings on all the guys who lay the concrete and copper piping in this town so without our involvement.. the project can't go ahead"

Carlo: "In other words you've got them by the balls"

Roy: "I guess that's one way of looking at it but I wanna make it seem like we're doing them a favour.. even though this thing will be profitable for the both of us"

Carlo: "I hear you"

Roy: "I'm offering them a 70/30 split in our favour considering how much we're putting in. They'll probably see it as a slap in the face but I've heard about your skills of negotiation so I want you to sit down with them and iron out the figures and percentages"

Carlo: "So there's a little room for movement on the split?"

Roy: "Not really.. they're lucky I'm even agreeing to a sit down. Just give them my offer and see what they say"

Carlo: "Ok, I can do that"

Roy: "Ok good. You're gonna meet up with a guy named Charlie and a guy named Paulie they're two of the Ancelotti's top guys. Now old Charlie is ducking an indictment so he's hiding out in the old Sprunk soda factory over in Alderney, that's where the meeting is gonna take place"

Zito will reach into his coat pocket and pull out a business card for a dry cleaners

"You run into any problems you give me a call"

Carlo: "You think it might be a set up?"

Roy: "I hope not but if it is you officially have my permission to kill every last one of them. Just be sure not to leave my business card behind on your way out"

Carlo: "Ok you got it"

Carlo will leave the hotel and head over to the old Sprunk factory in Alderney. When you get there you will be instructed to go towards the front door (which will be indicated by a blip on your minimap). When you get there a cutscene will kick in whereby Carlo will approach the front door of the factory. Finding it to unlocked he shrug and give it a push before entering the rundown interior. As soon as he passes through the door he will feel a pistol being put to the back of his head and will be asked to identify himself by a burly but barely visible wiseguy dressed in a suit with an undershirt buttoned down to the stomach and a gold chain resting on a near 50 inch chest full of copper wire like hair.

Raising his hands to the sky Carlo will compliantly identify himself "My name is Carlo I'm with the Gambettis"

"You packing?" the wiseguy will ask

Carlo will drop his right arm slowly and point to his waistband. "I got a nine millimeter tucked in my drawers.. your welcome to go down and get it"

"What the f*ck I look like a f*ckin pansy? Take it out and toss it over the railings" the wiseguy will say.

Carlo will take the pistol from his pants and toss into the sewer before once again raising his arm. The wiseguy (now fully visible) will then instruct him to turn around before giving him a quick pat down being careful not to drop his hand below his waist or his gun below his chin. It's obvious there's going to be no funny business here. He will then forcibly turn him to face a stairwell and tell him to start walking as he shadows him with his pistol still drawn. With nothing but the sound of running water and electricity buzzing from broken circuit boxes the two men will ascend a flight of stairs into the dilapidated first floor of the factory where they will find another two men talking by a window, one as tall as the other is wide, the combination of their two frames almost extinguishing the ray of light which is creeping in from the dirty old window behind them.

The wiseguy will speak from behind Carlo, attracting the two men's attention

"Hey boys look lively I've brought you a present"

The older of the two men will answer first

"Who the f*ck is this guy"

He will say studying Carlo who will now be standing a little more at ease having had the pistol removed from his back

"Who are you? where's Peter?" the other will ask

Carlo: "Peter is busy so Mr. Zito sent me"

"You hear that Paulie he's busy.. I'd expect nothing less from that cock sucker Zito than to send a boy to do a man's work. I bet this f*cking rugrat's not even made.. As if it aint bad enough that their boss is from preschool now they're making any schmuck of the street!" the first man will say clearly taking Carlo's presence as a personal insult

Carlo: "Well if you must know.. I am and I'm here now so I guess you're just gonna have to deal with it"

Paulie: "The kid is right Charlie.. he's got no f*cking respect but he's right.. you gotta admit it"

Charlie: "Yeah maybe so but I aint f*ckin happy about it.. Those motherf*ckers think they can treat us like something they dragged in on the end of their shoe and I'm f*ckin sick of it to tell you the truth"

Paulie: "Hey, I aint too f*ckin happy about it neither but we gotta just play with the cards we've been dealt. We're all here so lets just do business ok.. I presume they at least told you what you're hear to discuss"

Charlie: "If they didn't I'm done"

Paulie: "Hey maybe you should take a breather.. all this excitement it can't be good for your heart"

Charlie will take a seat on a nearby couch next to some floorboards

Carlo: "Yeah they told me. Did Zito tell you the terms?"

Paulie: "I thought that was the purpose of this little meeting.. your 'boss' didn't tell me anything"

Carlo: "Ok well from what I understand its gonna be a 70/30 split in our favour"

At this point Charlie will jump from his seat and begin yelling again

"Are you f*ckin serious!? Why don't we just go down there and suck his f*ckin dick while we're at it!? Hey maybe that's what that fa**ot wants.. a big sloppy suck job while we stuff millions in his pocket"

He will begin rubbing his chest indicating that Paulie's mention of a bad heart may not have been far off the mark

"Get the f*ck outta here kid and tell your joke of a boss we Ancelottis don't play that way"

Paulie: "Relax Charlie aint nobody sucking anybody off.. we just need to talk this through"

Carlo: "It's our connections in copper piping and concrete that are gonna get this thing off the ground.. with that considered I think the offer is fair"

Charlie: "That offer was a f*cking insult and you know it. That f*cking clothes washer must think we're absolute idiots! Gravelli was an old prick but at least we respected him.. he would've never suggested an offer like that"

Carlo: "From what I understand Mr. Gravelli would have never even suggested this meeting take place"

Charlie: "If that fanook had've had the decency to send Peter he could've talked to him and put it over"

Carlo: "Look, all I'm saying is don't shoot the messenger"

Charlie: "You're making it very f*cking hard for me.. speaking of which, Tony did you give this guy a pat down to make sure he wasn't packing nothing. What am I f*ckin saying.. it don't matter. You're so f*ckin dumb this prick could have an Uzi in his pocket and you'd still f*cking miss it. Matter of fact what the hell are you even still doing here? Go guard that door you incompetent f*ck"

Tony, the wiseguy who brought Carlo in, will be clearly pissed off but not wanting to speak out of turn will leave to go stand by the front door

Paulie: "Seriously Charlie sit down before you blow you're f*cking lid"

Charlie: "Don't tell me what to do Paulie.. don't you ever f*cking tell me what to do"

Paulie: "I'm the one that's gotta call the ambulance when you go into cardiac arrest.. and then what? They make a call to the feds and say they've got a fugitive in the ICU who they'd much rather eat up resources in Springfield Medical than one of their beds, be f*cking smart Charlie..can you not just listen to me this one time?"

Charlie will once again take a seat, followed by a couple of deep breaths which will seem to engage his rationale

"I guess you're right.. maybe we can talk this through kid.. get Zito on the phone and tell him to come down to 60 or we don't have a deal"

Carlo: "I could try and get him to come down a couple of points but he seemed pretty adamant that I only shake hands on the numbers he gave me"

Charlie: "Have some f*ckin balls kid. Jesus"

Paulie: "Hey Charlie wait.. maybe there's something else he can throw into the pot here"

Charlie: "Oh yeah, like what?"

Paulie: "Just hear me out here... hasn't he got a friend who owns a boat house on Charge Island?"

Charlie: "Yeah so.."

Paulie: "Well maybe we could use that for the thing we got going on with the Russians.. you know the thing with the coke"

Charlie will think for a moment before answering

"It would be less risky than using the ports"

Paulie will turn to address Carlo

"What do you say kid, do you think you could make this happen?"

Carlo: "I suppose I could call and find out"

Paulie: "Yeah you give him a call there.. see what he says"

Carlo will walk off to call Zito and he will answer the phone with the sound of the party still in full swing in the background

Roy: "Hello"

Carlo: "It's me, Carlo"

Roy: "Hey there buddy, is everything ok?"

Carlo: "No not really.. they said they won't do the deal unless you persuade your friend to let them use the boat house in Charge Island to bring in some stuff"

Roy: "Stuff? What kind of stuff?"

Carlo: "Powder.. the white kind"

Roy: "I don't know Carlo.. Gravelli finds out about this he'll cut my balls off.. or have somebody else do it at least"

Carlo: "I thought you were the boss"

(momentary silence)

Roy: "Yeah you know what let's do it, but make sure they make it worth our while at least"

Carlo: "Okay I'll think of something just leave it with me"

Roy: "And Carlo.. not a f*cking word about this to anyone okay"

Carlo: "You got it. I'll let you know the outcome when I'm done"

Roy: "Sure thing, I'll talk to you later"

Carlo will hang up and go over and rejoin the Ancelottis

"Ok I talked to him"

Paulie: "And what did he say?"

Carlo: "He said he'd do 60/40 but he wants the other ten percent from the sale of the merchandise"

Charlie: "That slippery motherf*cker I.."

Paulie will put his hand up to stop Charlie in his tracks "Ok then I guess we have a deal.. I'll talk it over with this guy after you leave"

Charlie: "I'm the underboss of this family.. not you. If anybody's gonna be making deals for Giovanni Ancelotti its gonna be me"

Paulie: "It may seem like Zito's got us over a barrel but you know as well as I do that that product is worth a lot more to us on the street than it is in the evidence locker down at the precinct"

Carlo: "So does that mean we can all shake on it?"

Charlie: "Ok but on one condition.. I want you to take personal responsibility for securing the load. Anything happens to this shipment and its your head that goes on the chopping block"

Paulie: "So what do you say kid?"

Carlo: "Sure, let's f*ckin do it"

Paulie will extend his hand enthusiastically for him to shake whereas Charlie will offer his somewhat begrudgingly. As Carlo turns to leave he will offer him one last word of contempt telling him not to let Tony hit him with the door on his his way out. With that Carlo will proudly descend the broken down stairwell and give Tony a nod as he opens the door for him to exit the factory having secured his family a lucrative deal. Once outside he will call Zito again.

Roy: "Hey Carlo, how did it go"

Carlo: "It turned out pretty good in the end.. I agreed to a 60/40 split in exchange for ten percent of the profits from the sale of the coke"

Roy: "Wait a minute what.. you did what!?"

Carlo: "The way I see it with the money that powder is worth on the street it more than makes up for the extra bit of leeway we're giving them on the deal in the port"

Roy: "I sure hope you're right"

Carlo: "I put my ass on the line to make sure it goes smoothly so I'll take full responsibility if it doesn't"

Roy: "Too f*cking right you will. Remember what I said though keep this thing under wraps.. as far as anyone's concerned our family don't deal in drugs.. at least not while the old man is still breathing. You're still gonna kick up ten percent of your end to Peter so he don't ask any questions but otherwise let's just keep this between you and me"

Carlo: "Sure thing boss. You don't have tell me about the risks involved in this thing"

Roy: "I'm trusting your judgement on this so don't make me regret it.. cause I can guarantee it will be you floating in the river long before me"

Carlo: "Message received.. loud and clear"

Roy: "Ok good... well Arrivederci"

Carlo: "Arrivederci.. ugh he's already gone"

Click Here for Part 2

I said it would be great. Was I right or was I right?

Probably your best exchange yet is between Carlo, Charlie and Paulie. It actually makes me a little sad that their time together is doomed to be short. I read this piece earlier and read it again now that I see you've edited it and it still amazes me the character traits that come through. In this line for example:

"You hear that Paulie he's busy.. I'd expect nothing less from that cock sucker Zito than to send a boy to do a man's work. I bet this f*cking rugrat's not even made.. As if it aint bad enough that their boss is from preschool now they're making any schmuck of the street!"

I know this guy is either a hypocrite or he's extremely bitter because of how you've painted the Ancelotti Family as "the mob's playground" through the chapters. As I worked my way through to the end I kept coming back to this as where it became clear Charlie was never going to be easy to deal with and that he is probably underboss by title only.

Paulie Gianco is likely the smartest mobster you've portrayed yet. He was shrewd as f*ck and I liked that. We know the Ancelottis are the weakest of the five families so it was great to see them scrapping for everything they can get. Seeing Sharon and Dani again was also a nice way to pay mind to the early parts of this story where Carlo worked for the Pavanos and Lupisellas.

I'm stoked that Roy Zito becomes boss. He is one of my favorite characters here. My only critique (if that) is that he talks far too openly on the phone. The FIB would have a field day with his last exchange.

Very good work :^:

"Are you f*ckin serious!? Why don't we just go down there and suck his f*ckin dick while we're at it!? Hey maybe that's what that fa**ot wants.. a big sloppy suck job while we stuff millions in his pocket"

Line of the century. You may need to mail me a new keyboard... :D

• Like 1

Claude4Catalina

Dani dating a Dominican dealer from Uptown...lets just hope that Dominican and say, two idiot friends of his, don't catch wind of all that coke flowing through the city and start a drug war. ;) or better still with the Charge Island deal, be a real shame if some Mick and a Serb plowed through the main gates of the boathouse and took off with a boatload of gear each. Well I wouldn't like to tempt fate or anything.

Incredible writing and oh all the tie ins! Actually feels like this could only happen in Liberty City, some peoples concepts feel so interchangeable, as if their story could work in any number of settings, but this...only in Liberty City could anything of this scale feel right!

• Like 1

The Notorious MOB

Thank you both a lot for your comments.

Dani dating a Dominican dealer from Uptown...lets just hope that Dominican and say, two idiot friends of his, don't catch wind of all that coke flowing through the city and start a drug war. ;) or better still with the Charge Island deal, be a real shame if some Mick and a Serb plowed through the main gates of the boathouse and took off with a boatload of gear each. Well I wouldn't like to tempt fate or anything.

Incredible writing and oh all the tie ins! Actually feels like this could only happen in Liberty City, some peoples concepts feel so interchangeable, as if their story could work in any number of settings, but this...only in Liberty City could anything of this scale feel right!

Yeah basically this installment was all tie-ins and no action :D If it were a TV show I could totally see it having a "Previously on GTA: Family Ties" sequence at the start reminding people of plot points from previous chapters which were going to be touched upon. The romance between Dani and Luis was a couple of years or so prior to the story but there will be a Catch The Wave crossover soon.

I said it would be great. Was I right or was I right?

Probably your best exchange yet is between Carlo, Charlie and Paulie. It actually makes me a little sad that their time together is doomed to be short. I read this piece earlier and read it again now that I see you've edited it and it still amazes me the character traits that come through. In this line for example:

"You hear that Paulie he's busy.. I'd expect nothing less from that cock sucker Zito than to send a boy to do a man's work. I bet this f*cking rugrat's not even made.. As if it aint bad enough that their boss is from preschool now they're making any schmuck of the street!"

I know this guy is either a hypocrite or he's extremely bitter because of how you've painted the Ancelotti Family as "the mob's playground" through the chapters. As I worked my way through to the end I kept coming back to this as where it became clear Charlie was never going to be easy to deal with and that he is probably underboss by title only.

Paulie Gianco is likely the smartest mobster you've portrayed yet. He was shrewd as f*ck and I liked that. We know the Ancelottis are the weakest of the five families so it was great to see them scrapping for everything they can get. Seeing Sharon and Dani again was also a nice way to pay mind to the early parts of this story where Carlo worked for the Pavanos and Lupisellas.

I'm stoked that Roy Zito becomes boss. He is one of my favorite characters here. My only critique (if that) is that he talks far too openly on the phone. The FIB would have a field day with his last exchange.

Very good work :^:

Line of the century. You may need to mail me a new keyboard... :D

Charlie is a bitter old man who longs to be something more powerful than the second in command of the weakest family in the city, having to hide out from the feds in a run down old soda factory. I see him more as an old timer who is appalled at the way Organised Crime has gone in recent years than an out and out hypocrit but the hypocrisy of his words did of course occur to me.. I suppose its just another reason not to like the guy which you're definitely not supposed to. I'm sure we've all worked with old farts who think they're the authority on everything even though in reality a man half their age could probably do their job as good if not better.. that was sort of inspiration for the guy. Paulie on the other hand is a lot more 'shrewd' as you put it. I wanted him to be likeable in contrast to Chubby Charlie i.e. the old good cop bad cop routine. We will see more of him as the story goes on though.

As far as Zito is concerned I wanted to portray him as a modern day Gotti - a charismatic mobster put in a position of ultimate power long before he had the common sense to carry out the role effectively (being aged 45 as opposed to Zito's 35 but never having even been Underboss). Gotti was a mafioso through and through but in the end it was his own mouth that put him in jail. He would talk about business in pretty explicit terms with total disregard for FBI wire taps or surveillence. In the end Gravano only really put the final nail in his coffin considering the amount of evidence they had to put him away. This won't effect him during the story but I want to kind of plant the seeds of a similar downfall in the coming years possibly leading to a similar nail being put in his coffin by Sammy Bottino after he became a snitch following his 2011 arrest.

• Like 1

One of the thoughts that sprang to mind when I read that chapter was I bet that organization would be in a much better place if the Paulie's of the Ancelottis weren't held back by old timers like Chubby Charlie and Giovanni Ancelotti. As well as featuring one of the best dialogue exchanges I think it also provoked a lot of thought for me on how the Mafia conducts itself. Keep doing this!

You've convinced me of this foreshadowing with Zito. I always remembered him as this kind of shadily secretive guy working out of laundromats in Code of the Streets more than I considered he'd likely end up occupying a federal prison cell in the near future. I sincerely hope he gets the chance to have a

at some point :D

The Notorious MOB

One of the thoughts that sprang to mind when I read that chapter was I bet that organization would be in a much better place if the Paulie's of the Ancelottis weren't held back by old timers like Chubby Charlie and Giovanni Ancelotti. As well as featuring one of the best dialogue exchanges I think it also provoked a lot of thought for me on how the Mafia conducts itself. Keep doing this!

You've convinced me of this foreshadowing with Zito. I always remembered him as this kind of shadily secretive guy working out of laundromats in Code of the Streets more than I considered he'd likely end up occupying a federal prison cell in the near future. I sincerely hope he gets the chance to have a

at some point :D

Paulie's an ambitious man that's all I'm gonna say at this point :)

I actually thought I portrayed Zito as quite showy in The Code of the Streets for example here's an exerpt from his character profile:

"Zito has quite a flamboyant personality and makes no secret about being a mobster - feeling that he is untouchable. He wears expensive suits and drives expensive cars, prefering to go out and have fun rather than sit in and wait for the cops to take him down - feeling that this would never happen to a respected local businessman who made a fortune from washing people's dirty laundry (as well as the mafia's dirty cash)."

There was also one mission in particular where he makes no secret of being a mobster while walking around a hotel lobby in a bathrobe. I probably could have played up that side of him a bit more but I suppose its only when you put the aspects of his personality shown in both topics together that you start to get a true understanding of how I wanted to portray him.

I love that film Gotti.. I must have seen it about 5 or 6 times Armand Assante is brilliant in the role and seems to act exactly how you would expect the real Gotti to be. Tom Sizemore did a pretty good job in Witness to the Mob (which is a film about the life of Sammy Gravano) but Assantes rants and dialogue just take the cake for me. The script writers even through in a load of references to real life people to make the dialogue seem 100% authentic. I love

he tells about Jo Jo Corozzo near the start. One of my favourite real life Gotti lines would have to be when he was questioned by reporters about whether or not he was the boss of the Gambino crime family and he replied something along the lines of "I'm in the Gotti family, my wife is the boss" he was definitely a character that's for sure :D

I might try and squeeze in a Gotti style rant by Zito somewhere. I have the story pretty much set out in my head but I tend to just make up the dialogue as I go along. Don't get me wrong I do think about it and try to include a lot of subtext but if the dialogue sounded too rehearsed I just don't think it would work. At the end of the day these characters are supposed to just be average joes from the street in most cases so the conversations between them need to seem natural without being overly boring so that's what I try to do.

I've been watching a lot of GTA IV cutscenes lately especially those from around the time of the Ancelotti's involvement in drug dealing (basically the Pegorino missions) since thats where I currently am in the story and while listening to the dialogue in the cutscene for the mission

one particular line stood out to me.. Ray mentions "Harry, the.. guy with that hat" this got me thinking.. could he be talking about Harry Hall? Maybe "The Hat" is some kind of mob pseudonym in a similar vein to "The Chin" The Nose" or "The Ear". With that in mind I've slightly alterted some of the dialogue in Chapter 14 - Part 2 to mention Harry getting pinched a short time beforehand and also included a news story on the matter to the list of headlines in the Liberty City Post. I'm gonna try and tie in the coming chapters to the Pegorino/Gravelli missions in a variety of ways so everybody keep an eye out for a few references and easter eggs. I might even try and think up a reason why they call Harry "The Hat".. suggestions welcome. I'm also currently tipping away at the next part of the story so I should have it posted soon. The definition of soon of course potentially being quite loose. Edited by Money Over Bullshit

Don't make my mind run riot with speculation! :D

That's fair enough with Zito. I'm starting to remember he even introduced Jermaine to Jon Gravelli himself so he can't be as cautious as I first thought. I would love it if someone bumped Code of the Streets..

Harry the Hat: I think the game wants us to think it's Harry Hall. The only information we have on him is that he's basically a pimp and hustled his way to the top and the way Phil and Ray (f*ck me, I miss cutscenes like that) mention the hat and point to their clothes while whistling make me think they're referring to a pimp. Someone flashy. Another crazy theory is that Harry Hall is bald (much like... 'ya know... Harry Hill) and wears a hat out of vanity for his lack of anything up top. I'm grasping at hairs there though, if you pardon the pun.

Alternatively, he could just be a random mobster who takes his hat on and off every time he wants to hide his orders, bizarre as it sounds.

The Notorious MOB

Don't make my mind run riot with speculation! :D

That's fair enough with Zito. I'm starting to remember he even introduced Jermaine to Jon Gravelli himself so he can't be as cautious as I first thought. I would love it if someone bumped Code of the Streets..

Harry the Hat: I think the game wants us to think it's Harry Hall. The only information we have on him is that he's basically a pimp and hustled his way to the top and the way Phil and Ray (f*ck me, I miss cutscenes like that) mention the hat and point to their clothes while whistling make me think they're referring to a pimp. Someone flashy. Another crazy theory is that Harry Hall is bald (much like... 'ya know... Harry Hill) and wears a hat out of vanity for his lack of anything up top. I'm grasping at hairs there though, if you pardon the pun.

Alternatively, he could just be a random mobster who takes his hat on and off every time he wants to hide his orders, bizarre as it sounds.

Ok how about this:

"Although Harry is said to be proud of his Irish ancestry he has been known to try to disguise it. One method he used in the past was to dye his naturally ginger hair blonde. This however backfired in one notable instance where he attempted to bleach his own hair and ended up mistakenly pouring a hydrochloric acid solution over his head which lead to him losing much of his hair. For years he would cover up his bald patch by wearing a variety of hats even while indoors garnering him the nickname of "Harry the Hat" among mob circles. He has since managed to get a hair transplant but some people still refer to him by his former moniker "The Hat" possibly in order to circumvent FIB wiretaps"

I also really enjoyed those cutscenes. My main reasons for not doing anything like that in this concept were; firstly it would seem unoriginal like I just stole Rockstar's ideas, secondly it would become stale pretty quickly and I don't think I could make dialogue mostly consisting of sound effects and Phil Bell's famous "how about them swingers" work, thirdly I think that sort of thing was meant to make the Pegorinos come accross as clownish compared to their more organised contemporaries in LC.

Claude4Catalina

I'm finding the whole "speaking in tongues" quite a difficult thing to master for my Carcer bit. I mean there's secrecy and being careful what you say, and then there's literally speaking in a whole different code undecipherable to anyone out of the loop. Brilliant if you're in the loop, not so great for a reader when every deal or hit is referred to as "that thing". Good point about the verbose use of code and the hand signs making the Pegorinos seem like caricatures compared to the other families.

The Notorious MOB

I'm finding the whole "speaking in tongues" quite a difficult thing to master for my Carcer bit. I mean there's secrecy and being careful what you say, and then there's literally speaking in a whole different code undecipherable to anyone out of the loop. Brilliant if you're in the loop, not so great for a reader when every deal or hit is referred to as "that thing". Good point about the verbose use of code and the hand signs making the Pegorinos seem like caricatures compared to the other families.

Yeah I think Rockstar did a good job of parodying an outsiders perspective with Niko not knowing what the hell they were talking about. It was funny how Jimmy said to him "no matter how long you're here you're never gonna speak right" because when it comes to perfect english Niko speaks it just about as good as him :)

The whole hand over the mouth thing was ripped directly from Casino and even then it was put accross comedically. Its hard to know how they would have portrayed the Five Families since they don't really appear at all but from what we do see the Pegorinos seem to be pretty much laughing stocks among them. In saying that I didn't want to portray them as too serious or professional here since I think it would compromise the enjoyability of the story not only for the reader but for me as a writer. Real life New York Mafiosos aren't always the smartest either so I wouldn't say my portrayal is too far off the mark.

Looks like I'm the 45,000th view. Congrats!

"Although Harry is said to be proud of his Irish ancestry he has been known to try to disguise it. One method he used in the past was to dye his naturally ginger hair blonde. This however backfired in one notable instance where he attempted to bleach his own hair and ended up mistakenly pouring a hydrochloric acid solution over his head which lead to him losing much of his hair. For years he would cover up his bald patch by wearing a variet of hats even while indoors garnering him the nickname of "Harry the Hat" among mob circles. He has since managed to get a hair transplant but some people still refer to him by his former moniker "The Hat" possibly in order to circumvent FIB wiretaps"

That's brilliant, cracked me up. :D

The cutscene comment was levelled at GTA5's uninspiring cutscenes. :)

• Like 1

The Notorious MOB

Chapter 15

Part 2 - "An Old Russian Friend of Mine"

This chapter like many others will begin with Carlo receiving a phonecall from an unknown number.

Caller: "How're you doin Carlo, its Paulie"

Carlo: "Big Paulie.. to what do I owe this pleasure?"

Paulie: "Remember how you said we could hold you personally responsible if there was a problem with that shipment?"

Carlo: "Clearly I'm not the only one"

Paulie: "Well guess what.. we've got a problem"

Carlo: "Ugh.. why what's up?"

Paulie: "An old Russian friend of mine from Vice City was bringing in the stuff and he got pinched by the cops at the mouth of the Humboldt, now they've got him holed up in the police station in Westminster hoping he'll talk. We're gonna need you to go over there and break him out"

Carlo: "You mean he didn't even get to the boathouse?"

Paulie: "..."

Carlo: "Did the guy get nabbed at the boathouse or what?"

Paulie: "Well you see here's the thing.. we organised this shipment before our little meeting in Alderney"

Carlo: "So in other words this little situation has nothing to do with me"

Paulie: "I didn't say that now"

Carlo: "You said I was responsible for the shipment making it to the boathouse I have no responsibility for anything else"

Paulie: "You want your money don't you? I'm sure your boss wouldn't be too happy knowing you gave up forty percent of the profits from the Port Haven deal and got nothing in return"

Carlo: "Can't you just have somebody bring in another shipment and use the boathouse this time?"

Paulie: "We need this guy on the outside to organise another shipment. Without him we've got nothing"

Carlo: "Breaking a guy out of police custody is a high risk job.. I could do serious time for that"

Paulie: "..You wanna be paid.. okay then you got it"

Carlo: "How much are we talkin' here?"

Paulie: "I think it's best that we don't talk figures over the phone but lets just say you'll be fairly compensated"

Carlo: "Okay then I accept your offer. How do you wanna do this?"

Paulie: "You're gonna meet my guy Tony in a little eatery across the street from the station. He'll give you the details when you get there"

Carlo: "Okay.. well if you don't hear from me you know I'm either dead or occupying a cell beside our communist friend"

Paulie: "You better hope you die because if you get caught I'm sending in Tony and he don't leave any witnesses"

Paulie will hang up but interestingly if you decide to call him back you will get a recorded message from the Cursor Park Country Club in Richmond Island.

After the phonecall a waypoint will be set on your map for the 60 Diner in Westminster, Algonquin. Once you get there you will notice Tony's Oracle parked outside. Carlo will pull up and enter the diner where he will immediately find Tony sitting at a booth chowing down on a massive hamburger with a side order of fries.

Carlo: "Hey are you sure you've got enough there?"

Tony will swallow the bite of his burger and wash it down with some soda

"I'm hungry, I been waiting here"

He will then take another big bite of his burger almost devouring it whole

Carlo: "Okay.. so what's the plan.. after you finish eating I mean"

Tony: (mouth still full of food) "You're gonna go across the street and break our buddy out while I stay over here and cause a distraction"

Carlo: "Distraction? What kind of distraction?"

Tony will pull a pistol from his waistband and place it down on the table "you'll see"

Carlo: "I guess I'd better get a move on"

Tony: "Yeah I think you better"

Carlo will stand up from the table and tell him "just be ready to split when those cops come running across the street"

Tony: "Don't worry I will"

With that he will stand up from the table and pick up his pistol. As Carlo leaves the diner he will hear the pistol welding Tony screaming "Alright everybody be cool, this is a robbery. Any of you pricks move and you're all f*cking dead" followed by screaming patrons.

You will now be given control of Carlo and instructed to enter the police station directly across the street. When you get there a cutscene will be initiated wherein a breathless Carlo will tell the officer behind the desk that there's an armed robbery in progress in the diner across the street. He will in turn go into a panic and say he will get some officers on it right away, telling Carlo to wait in the lobby because he will need to make a statement. He will then leave the desk and go running through a door to the left. You will now be instructed to enter the holding cells in order to look for the Ancelotti's Russian contact. Once you pass through the door to the rear leading to the holding cells several officers will be heard rushing from the room on the other side of the door. There will be six cells in all (three on each side of the corridor) and you are free to check all of the them by approaching their doors, at which point Carlo will slide open the hatch and look inside. This will yield him some humorous dialogue but you can cut right to the chase by walking up to the last holding cell on the right which will the one which contains your target. Carlo will approach the cell and peek inside where he will see a Russian man in his early 50s dressed in a grey suit sitting on the bed. He will quickly become aware of you and plead his innocence before calling you an American dog. Carlo will in turn inform him that he is there to get him out. The target will then stand up and walk towards the door at which point Carlo will realise that he hasn't got the keys.

In order to get the keys you must re-enter the lobby and sneak behind the officer at the desk (who will be scratching his head wondering where you've got to) and take them. As you approach the end of the partition wall between the lobby and the door to the holding cells Carlo will automatically take cover and the camera will zoom in to show the cell keys sitting behind the desk. You must then wait until his back is turned and sneak up and take them. If you are spotted the officer will naturally not take too kindly and open fire on you. You must however take him down by non lethal means in order to avoid failing the mission. Once you have gotten the keys you must go back and let the target out of his cell. Alternatively you can circumvent the need to sneak around by taking the keys from the desk before entering the holding cells however you will only have a limited window of opportunity in order to do so in order to avoid getting caught leading to a shootout. If a shootout does ensue then you will only be penalised for killing the officer who was originally tending the front desk, this outcome is obviously undesirable however. You can also use the time to run upstairs to find several locked offices, one of which will be labelled "Dep. Police Commissioner Francis McReary".

Once you have gotten your (ungrateful) Russian friend (who will introduce himself as Andriy Maximov) out of captivity you must then get him outside and into a vehicle. The easiest and most obvious way is to once again sneak past the officer at the front desk, this time waiting for him to fully turn his back and begin eating from a box of donuts to the rear of the desk (so much for that gastric band, eh?). You are however also free to walk through the officer's station to the right and exit through the side door if you really want to get into a shootout. Either way once you have exited the police station you will be told to find a vehicle. The closest mode of transport will be one of two Police cars parked directly outside however stealing one will garner you a two star wanted level.

Once inside of a vehicle with Andriy and heat free you will receive a call from Tony who will ask you you you have "the package" Carlo will tell him that he does and ask if he is alone. Tony will tell you that he just about managed to get rid of "the company" and is now waiting for you in "little spot underneath the overpass of the Northern Expressway". Carlo will confirm that he knows the spot in question and promise to get there as quick as he can.

You will now be instructed to drive towards the spot off Coxsack Avenue in Bohan. On the way there Carlo will attempt to make conversation with his new friend Maximov.

Carlo: "So uh.. did you enjoy your stay?"

Andriy: "Two whole f*cking days sailing up from Sol Harbour and I get stopped by authorities a few kilometers from the f*cking dock!! They try to make me sell out my friends but I told them.. go f*ck your mothers!"

Carlo: "Yeah that was quite the mishap.. very unfortunate that you should get caught openly transporting drugs like that"

Andriy: "You know the problem with your Liberty City police force?"

Carlo: "Please enlighten me"

Andriy: "Not enough corruption. Back home everybody has a price. Here it's like bribe is a dirty word"

Carlo: "Yeah the whole drug dealing thing is pretty frowned upon.. I blame the Mayor.. so much for being a Liberal.. or a Democrat.. or a Communist whatever the case may be. You just gotta learn about the laws over here I guess"

Andriy: "I live in this country for over twenty years.. I know everything there is to know about your stupid American laws"

Carlo: "Back in the old country it's like Sodom and Gomorrah huh?"

Andriy: "This is some kind of Italian secret society yes?"

Carlo: "Yeah something like that.."

Andriy: "This I still have much to learn about.. 'your thing'"

Carlo: "You have the same thing in Russia no? Thieves in law and brothers in blood and all that sh*t"

Andriy: "I do not concern myself with such things.. the money is my only friend"

Carlo: "I guess you're really Americanised then huh?"

Andriy: "You can sample the milk without buying the cow my friend"

Carlo: "Oh so we're friends now?"

Andriy: "You prefer I call you f*cking asshole?"

Carlo: "No friend is good"

By now you should have reached your destination. When you get there you will find Tony standing by his car which will be shot to pieces and banged up pretty bad.

Carlo: "Tough gig back there huh?"

Tony: "You got that right"

Carlo: "That was pretty brazen holding up that diner like that. How did you get outta there"

Tony: "I had to f*ckin shoot my way out.. cops started blasting so I shot back. Was halfway here before I lost the heat and let me tell you it wasn't easy. I was f*cking lucky I made it out alive"

Carlo: "Looks like your car wasn't so lucky"

Tony: "Nothing that a coat of paint and a new engine can't fix. I see you stuck to your end.. we got a safehouse set up a couple of blocks from here. I'm gonna need you to drive though.. on account of car being out of action"

Carlo: "As long as you don't mind riding along with an angry Russian who hasn't showered in days"

Andriy: "f*ck you and your pussy American jail.. I do ten years standing on my head"

Carlo: "Still a little grouchy I see. A nice long shower and a cup of our finest American coffee back at the safehouse and you'll be right as rain"

Tony: "Yeah we'll see about that.."

You will now need to find a four seater vehicle at which point Andriy and Tony will get in and you will be instructed by Tony to drive towards the safehouse a short distance away on the corner of Bronco Street in Little Bay.

A short drive later Carlo will pull up outside a run down townhouse with the windows and door filled in with concrete blocks.

Carlo: "Well it aint exactly The Majestic"

Tony: "Its only gonna be for a couple of days"

Andriy: "What is this? f*cking crackhouse? Next time I do business with Gambetti Family"

Carlo: "Well technically you already have"

Tony: "Don't worry comrade you'll fit right in here this neighbourhood is full of your kind of people."

Andriy will then mumble some Russian obscenities and get out of the car, slamming the door behind him

Tony: (to Carlo) "Thanks for your help there I'm gonna stay here a while and get our friend settled in to his new digs. You'll get a call to let you know when the stuff is coming in"

Carlo: "Ok no problem, what about your car?"

Tony: "I'll have one of my buddies go pick it up.. I might be able to salvage some parts from it at least"

Carlo: "Ok man talk to you later"

Tony: "Later buddy"

Tony will exit the car and join Andriy at the front of the house, they will then walk around to the rear door and go inside as Carlo drives away. Mission Complete.

Click Here for Part 3

• Like 3

I honestly can't put myself to a serious review right now I'm that amused by the humour in this chapter.

Mike Starr's character

is up there with Louie and his love of ketchup packets as some of the best sneaky sh*t you've thrown in to make us giggle. :D

I love the prominence of Mitch The Cop here and the nod to his gastric bypass. I was genuinely expecting him (and several other cops) to end up dead in a bloodbath. I was not expecting the mission to go down like it did and I found it bizarre in the best way and one of the more unique mission ideas I've read.

Everything about Andriy Maximov was non-stop hilarity and although I can understand the dialogue cut (you more than enough covered US/Russian differences though) I almost wish there was more. Even him being taken to a safehouse on Coxsacks "Cossack" Avenue was amusing. Jokes aside, I found him creepy enough to seriously worry about Tony in the next mission we see.

Andriy: "What is this? f*cking crackhouse next time I do business with Gambetti Family"

Reading this out loud makes it twice as funny. :D

The Notorious MOB

I honestly can't put myself to a serious review right now I'm that amused by the humour in this chapter.

Mike Starr's character

is up there with Louie and his love of ketchup packets as some of the best sneaky sh*t you've thrown in to make us giggle. :D

I love the prominence of Mitch The Cop here and the nod to his gastric bypass. I was genuinely expecting him (and several other cops) to end up dead in a bloodbath. I was not expecting the mission to go down like it did and I found it bizarre in the best way and one of the more unique mission ideas I've read.

Everything about Andriy Maximov was non-stop hilarity and although I can understand the dialogue cut (you more than enough covered US/Russian differences though) I almost wish there was more. Even him being taken to a safehouse on Coxsacks "Cossack" Avenue was amusing. Jokes aside, I found him creepy enough to seriously worry about Tony in the next mission we see.

Andriy: "What is this? f*cking crackhouse next time I do business with Gambetti Family"

Reading this out loud makes it twice as funny. :D

I seriously didn't think anybody would catch on to that Pine Barrens reference, bravo for that one man. Yeah that diner scene is a mix between Dumb and Dumber and Pulp Fiction. I was going to have Tony refusing to tip the waitress because she only filled his coffee cup three times but I thought one Tarantino reference was enough.. for that scene at least. There is a Reservoir Dogs reference elsewhere in the mission though.. major cookies if you can spot it :colgate:

There is the option of a bloodbath in there but I wanted this job to be able to go really smoothly since its not what you'd expect from a mission in GTA. We also know from GTA IV that the next few missions are gonna be a sh*t storm so it seems only right that this one should go pretty smoothly. Thanks for your feedback as always man it's very much appreciated.

I've read it through again and I think this is the Reservoir Dogs reference in question:

Tony: "I had to f*ckin shoot my way out.. cops started blasting so I shot back. Was halfway here before I lost the heat and let me tell you it wasn't easy. I was f*cking lucky I made it out alive"

If so, very good. :)
It made me look twice and those are the best kind of easter eggs.

Also noticed you added the Vic Conti Jr news article. Awesome man. Extra kudos because Slick Vic (boss name, by the way) actually looks like his old man.

The Notorious MOB

I've read it through again and I think this is the Reservoir Dogs reference in question:

If so, very good. :)

It made me look twice and those are the best kind of easter eggs.

Also noticed you added the Vic Conti Jr news article. Awesome man. Extra kudos because Slick Vic (boss name, by the way) actually looks like his old man.

Spot on man :^:

It's a paraphrasing of Mr. Pink explaining to Mr. White how he got away with the diamonds. I've seen that movie so many times that I almost know each and every line. Anyway here's those cookies I promised you :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

I've actually had that picture of Vic Conti on my computer for a couple of years now so it's funny how well our ideas matched :). I spent some time thinking of all of the possible routes that the story could go down before deciding on a set path. In the end I decided that I wanted the story to follow a fairly linear path where Carlo would work for each of the families one after another (aside from him working for both the Gambettis and the Ancelottis towards the end) but I thought it a shame to completely do away with the other possible scenarios (which admittedly weren't very well thought out) so I decided to allude to them in a set of online news articles in order to give the illusion of other stuff happening within the mob behind the scenes.

There goes the diet... :D

I actually like the news articles and think they're a great way of using either unfinished or hard to place characters. What's more, with the focus on culture in GTAIV, not only are you so accurately portraying the Mafia through story but you're saturating the media with it as well. Outside of Italy/Sicily I think the only place in the world you will find that is New York.

Any teasers for the next mission?

The Notorious MOB

There goes the diet... :D

I actually like the news articles and think they're a great way of using either unfinished or hard to place characters. What's more, with the focus on culture in GTAIV, not only are you so accurately portraying the Mafia through story but you're saturating the media with it as well. Outside of Italy/Sicily I think the only place in the world you will find that is New York.

Any teasers for the next mission?

Haha :colgate:

I have nothing written for the next mission yet but I hope to get it done over the weekend so you shouldn't have to wait too long to read it. In the meantime here's a timeline of how the chapters fit into the stories of GTA IV, TLAD and my Code of The Streets topic which should give people an idea of when certain things happen and what's coming next.

**(List moved to Page 1)**

That's awesome. I remember your Possible Trilogy topic and I sincerely credit it for how highly I now rate GTAIV's story.

How close Chapter 16's Part 1 & 2 are to 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend' makes me wonder how much or if the saga of Gracie's kidnapping will affect the Ancelottis at that point, seen as they're already going to have a ton of sh*t dumped on them from 'Catch The Wave' and 'Trespass'.