Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leoncj

Ask & Answer

TASI

i have 3 questions

1:how to make an actor drive a plane without fail or crash example not doing circles or not moving and fly it exacly at the place i have put to go

2:what is the diference between loop-route and normal route

3 how to add objective actors without spawning after the death of the first actor.example we have 2 objective peds.when i kill the first one then it will appear the second one! i dont want to happen this.i want to spawn 2 or more actor objectives spawn at the same time sarcasm.gifsarcasm.gif

if someone knows something plsss answer me

JOJOXX

i have 3 questions

1:how to make an actor drive a plane without fail or crash example not doing circles or not moving and fly it exacly at the place i have put to go

2:what is the diference between loop-route and normal route

3 how to add objective actors without spawning after the death of the first actor.example we have 2 objective peds.when i kill the first one then it will appear the second one! i dont want to happen this.i want to spawn 2 or more actor objectives spawn at the same time sarcasm.gif  sarcasm.gif

if someone knows something plsss answer me

1:Just add route points.

2:Loop-route:If you select this,the actors will drive the routepoints and doesn't stop. (eg:If you make an cirle and select loop-route,the driver will not stop.)

Normal route:After all routepoints the actor stop driving.

3:Create actors how many you want.Then go to ,,Objectives->Add objective->Add actor->Kill all enemies on.

I hope it's help for you ;-)

PatrickW
Q. As we need cleo 3 for dyom (as allway's) do the default scripts in cleo interfare with SA:MP & MTA cause i play on them and i dont want any interference (mostly for MTA)?, and is cleo 4 compatible with DYOM?

DYOM uses CLEO for the new SCM-opcodes it enables (stuff like memory-access and file access), we don't use CLEO-scripts. DYOM does not modify your GTA install itself, so I expect there to be no problems with SAMP or MTA, but I haven't tested it myself. maybe someone can confirm that this works.

We've had several reports of people running DYOM with CLEO4, but we do not officially support it, as we only test DYOM against CLEO3.

guib
Q. As we need cleo 3 for dyom (as allway's) do the default scripts in cleo interfare with SA:MP & MTA cause i play on them and i dont want any interference (mostly for MTA)?, and is cleo 4 compatible with DYOM?

DYOM uses CLEO for the new SCM-opcodes it enables (stuff like memory-access and file access), we don't use CLEO-scripts. DYOM does not modify your GTA install itself, so I expect there to be no problems with SAMP or MTA, but I haven't tested it myself. maybe someone can confirm that this works.

We've had several reports of people running DYOM with CLEO4, but we do not officially support it, as we only test DYOM against CLEO3.

Well, i first Installed Cleo 4, but DYOM was acting a littlebit strange, so I installed DYOM 3 (but forgot to uninstall 4). so now i have them both?!?!

so i think it will only works with Cleo 3.

TheDeepSpirit

How can i create a cutscene at the beginning of a mission? In the cutscene you should see cars, actors etc. - not after it.

All my cutscenes where shown at the end - much too late.

How i do that? First cutscene and then actors, cars, etc? Whats the rule here.

Edited by TheDeepSpirit

pauliux2
How can i create a cutscene at the beginning of a mission? In the cutscene you should see cars, actors etc. - not after it.

All my cutscenes where shown at the end - much too late.

How i do that? First cutscene and then actors, cars, etc? Whats the rule here.

Make cars,actors,objects and THEN make an cutscene

PatrickW

A DYOM mission is always a ordered sequence of Objectives, cutscene is one of the types of supported objectives and can therefor be defined at any point in the sequence. When you add a new objective to a mission, it is always inserted after the currently selected objective. Normally that would be the last one, so the new objective will be added to the end of the mission, but you can also select any of the other ob jective, through the objective menu. The actors and cars that should appear in your cutscene, must be defined before the cutscene itself.

TheDeepSpirit

Hi,

Thx, here is a really good help!! I will try it again, if i have more problems i will notify it.

DarkWizard931

I have a question i see it when playing Zulu , how can you make 2 checkpoints mark on the mini-map?

Henry118

Guys , How I Make the Checkpoint w/e cars after add the mission trigger?

Like Walk in Ryder's house with R on the map

PatrickW

I have a question i see it when playing Zulu , how can you make 2 checkpoints mark on the mini-map?

You will see two checkpoints on your minimap, in a special configuration of objectives. An objective car (or teleport to car) followed by a number of checkpoint, will display the current and the next checkpoint, to making racing through them at high speed easier.

@Henry_Woods: I don't understand your question, can you re-phrase it ?

Henry118

I meant After added the Mission Trigger ( Icon on the map )

Then How to add the Objective/actors to let it work.

PatrickW

What you would normally do, is first create a mission with objectives and actors. When the mission is ready you choose "Storyline->mission menu->save mission to DSL". It will then prompt you for a filename that will be used for this mission.

After that you create a mission-trigger for this mission. It will then ask for the name of the mission-file you created earlier. Next you can choose the position/icon, and after what mission this one will become available.

Repeat for every mission you want to make in your storyline.

Aka3Diaz

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english, im french.

I have a question, it's possible to add tuning cars during a mission with a trick or something like that?

I tested it with the mod Pimpmycar, it works but when I run the mission the car returns to normal.

Thank you and congratulations for this mod, it's awesome.

PatrickW

DYOM does not support tuned cars, and I can't think of a trick to make that possible. sorry ..

hebekie

There is something that bothers me very hard

everything is normal till im browsing in the actor menu

as soon as i go past the car maker guy (whit the long grey suit)

the drawing distance goes very low and after that when i make an object even a car next to me dissepears and i only se white underground D: its so annoying cryani.gif i tryed it whit unmodded gta3.img and modded still the same result

Edited by hebekie

PatrickW

Try it on a clean install, not just a clean gta3.img.

hebekie
Try it on a clean install, not just a clean gta3.img.

ok il try that thx

GTAExpert1000

Okay, let's say I want to make a checkpoint, but have a time limit to get to the checkpoint. If you do not get to the checkpoint, you fail the mission. I've tried "Start Timed Section" although then the whole mission becomes timed. I've tried "Countdown" that doesn't work. "Timeout" just waits until a time limit is over starting the new objective. Is there a way to only have a single timed checkpoint, not the whole mission?

Chimpso

To stop the timer from continuing, after you create your checkpoint, add a "Adjust Time Limit" special objective and change the time to 0. That will remove the timer after that objective.

Henry118

I think...Can Someone create a Tutorial about "Storyline menu"?

Kinda Confuse something.

GTAExpert1000

On DYOM v6.1, when you are setting up an objective (for example, a checkpoint), it says: Press Space to Select (or whatever) and it also says: Press Return(Enter) to exit. When I press enter to cancel (like in v6.0), it doesn't cancel, it just does what the Space bar does! How do I exit the DYOM objectives menu?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that F works instead.

Edited by GTAExpert1000

PatrickW

@Henry_woods:

Does this topic help ?

@GTAExpert1000:

Yeah, We seem to have forgotten to correct the texts for it.

We decided to change "enter" to accept, as it is also the key to accept stuff in the generic GTA menu's.

We correct the texts in the next version. (I hope we catch them all, as there are a lot of text containing the "enter to cancel" tounge.gif )

Henry118

Ok thx Patrick , I'll read it carefully...

Stuntzman

How can i make an actor shoot rockets at me from a helicopter that isn't a Hunter?

burritocatmaster656
How can i make an actor shoot rockets at me from a helicopter that isn't a Hunter?

As theres no helicopter with so flat area to place actor [On top I think there wil be something result of blending actor]...Maybe try to use ''Sea Sparrow'' but it doesn't have any rockets confused.gif

V1neW00d

2 Stuntzman: give a weapon (rpg) to this actor.

Stuntzman
2 Stuntzman: give a weapon (rpg) to this actor.

tried it, doesn't work, the chopper just follows me.

I know it can be done, I've seen it in a mission.

asdf1234asdf1234

Hey everybody, this question was keeping me very long and mad. So how to make an enemy actor shot while he is in a Tank (Rhino) ??? Or is that imppossible to make? Please answer me suicidal.gif ...

Chimpso
Hey everybody, this question was keeping me very long and mad. So how to make an enemy actor shot while he is in a Tank (Rhino) ??? Or is that imppossible to make? Please answer me suicidal.gif ...

No, unfortunatley an actor can't fire the turrent of a tank.