Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,338 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

swooner

RACERS & BREAKERS

EPiC JeDi x

Nitty - Check your Xbox Live Inbox, I sent you a good tactic for the race that I think will work and ensure victory smile.gif

Swooner - What if it just turns into a mosh pit of car smashing from the breakers lol, or are you hoping for that?

Booze

but if the top 3 positions happen to be all 3 black star junkies, don't you think the rest of the breakers would target you? ...while their racers pass you by? it's a clinch to the top 3 and only the captain can finish first.

It depends on the position of the captain. as long as he is higher placed than the breakers, then it's just a regular race. If anything, I wouldn't jeopardize my position to try to stop someone, I would try to pass as many people as possible and let the captain pass me by just before the finishline (in case I passed him for some reason).

Look, all I'm suggesting is to give only the racers the ability to collect points. That way the breakers don't have to worry about racing so much and can focus on any means necessary to hinder the other teams' racers (also eliminating a possible advantage a team with a lot of skilled players would have).

If the breakers of the same team do come in 2nd and 3rd then it means they're just depriving the other teams of their points (so there's still some incentive to race when you're a breaker) instead of gaining those points, which would double the size of the gap.

EPiC JeDi x
but if the top 3 positions happen to be all 3 black star junkies, don't you think the rest of the breakers would target you? ...while their racers pass you by? it's a clinch to the top 3 and only the captain can finish first.

It depends on the position of the captain. as long as he is higher placed than the breakers, then it's just a regular race. If anything, I wouldn't jeopardize my position to try to stop someone, I would try to pass as many people as possible and let the captain pass me by just before the finishline (in case I passed him for some reason).

Look, all I'm suggesting is to give only the racers the ability to collect points. That way the breakers don't have to worry about racing so much and can focus on any means necessary to hinder the other teams' racers (also eliminating a possible advantage a team with a lot of skilled players would have).

If the breakers of the same team do come in 2nd and 3rd then it means they're just depriving the other teams of their points (so there's still some incentive to race when you're a breaker) instead of gaining those points, which would double the size of the gap.

That is a good point... You might wana take it into consideration swooner.

swooner

(you) Look (here swooner! -sw), all I'm suggesting is to give only the racers the ability to collect points. That way the breakers don't have to worry about racing so much and can focus on any means necessary to hinder the other teams' racers (also eliminating a possible advantage a team with a lot of skilled players would have).

dirty and wise... again your logic and rationale are unmatched, my friend! cookie.gif

i had originally thought racers would be the only scorers, but somewhere along the line that fundamental rule went astray. golden rule: we will only allow racers to gain points for teams. (hope this doesn't throw off your plan too much, jedi) this keeps things simple and where everyone knows their role. 3 cheers for that black blocker booooze t!

jedi - yes i am hoping for an occasional pile up or two (and it's you and yr team's job to weasel yr way through to the lead!). wink.gif

edit - jedi booze has more points than a porcupine haha! ph34r.gif

EPiC JeDi x

Swooner: Yes, The Golden Rule does "slightly" ruin my plan, but it will still work if we keep the key idea of the plan. Hopefully more people join in on this and it gets started up fairly soon because I have a "Need For Speed" (Yes I know, that was extremely cheesy)

Booze

Haha getting dirtier and wiser by the years tounge.gif

I believe Nitty invited me into his team. I'm very honored and gratefully accept, so that means I'm in with the Don and Jedi? Please do share these tactics with me, I already thought of some of my own!

EPiC JeDi x
Haha getting dirtier and wiser by the years tounge.gif

I believe Nitty invited me into his team. I'm very honored and gratefully accept, so that means I'm in with the Don and Jedi? Please do share these tactics with me, I already thought of some of my own!

Booze, If you add me on xbox I'll send you a message with the tactics, I've already sent them to Nitty... I'd like to hear yours aswel tounge.gif

barney1610

Just saw that this topic is for Xbox 360 tounge.gif that's my interest gone lol have fun anywayz guys

Gazziboy

Shame barney.

Gazziboy 'pro racer from the LB' LOL Reporting for business. Representing the dirty dozen/d wild bunch on 360. Sounds like an interesting events guys. Id like to join. Would fly solo as a racer but more than happy to join someones team.

swooner

Gazziboy 'pro racer from the LB' LOL Reporting for business

welcome aboard, gaz! icon14.gif good to have a pro racer from the psn lb league joining us. i'll put you down as a captain and we'll get you some solid blockers as more applications turn up.. any borough you fancy representing (feel free to select from the main page)? smile.gif

Gazziboy

Im not really a pro but flattery will get you very far cookie.gif

barney1610
Im not really a pro but flattery will get you very far cookie.gif

I'd say u are gaz colgate.gif

Mae King Fuch

any room for a breaker my good man?

SweatyPa1ms

Yeah i'd be up well up for this aswell in either position. Nice idea swooner, if your going to have your race ruined by a blocker, atleast it'll be because it was organised. smile.gif

Could we not switch it up each week so everyone gets to play as both, I dont want to step on anyones toes by recommending you change it because obviously its your event, but its just an idea.

swooner

Could we not switch it up each week so everyone gets to play as both...

wha? mercie_blink.giftounge.gif there's no switching roles, sweaty.... you either block for your team or you are the team captain / racer. it's an 8 week circuit so you can choose a different setup for the next circuit. no need to decide until we start. i'll put you as a breaker for now, but if the pool gets full and you want to race just let us know. gaz will need blockers, so if you'd like to pm him feel free to. icon14.gif glad to have you joining mate.

alienworker - yes.. welcome aboard! we'll add you to the pool and we'll see if we can find you the right racer. we will have a skirmish next wednesday night 4:30 your time / 9:30 GMT. & that will be the usual meet time going forward. if we can get everyone signed up to attend, we'll do simple 2 team races and have a chance to get used to the jist of the game. smile.gif

Das Iggs

Can I be abreaker for the Broker Breakers? thanks! biggrin.gif

Strength.

Swoon can I apply here with my own team: Hove Beach Stoners ?

swooner

icon14.gif welcome aboard folks from the damned. question though... would you guys mind being on the same team (with knowing each other and all)? i set you both up under hove beach screamers (nothing against fellow stoners of course) we just need to get you another breaker.

we're getting there! ...teams are half full and we have some good participants waiting in the breaker pool. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif regardless of teams being full or not we will have a meet next wednesday at 10:30 BST / 9:30 GMT / 5:30 EST and have some skirmishes / good times.

Edited by swooner

TheRandomGuy93

and if there was a "stoners" team, it would deffinatly be the green team alien.gif

@green team: ill be a permanent blocker, u both have seen me drive.......... or atleast what i call driving biggrin.gif , sound good?

swooner

@green team: ill be a permanent blocker, u both have seen me drive.......... or atleast what i call driving biggrin.gif , sound good?

all roles are permanent, deeb!... unless in a rare case a team needs to sub a breaker for racer. smile.gif us green meenies will block for our rapping racer ruru! cool.gif

TheRandomGuy93

us green meenies will block for our rapping racer ruru!  cool.gif

indeedley doo!, he'll be spittin rhymes while crossin finish lines................... in last place tounge2.gif , lol jk, my man's got some sweet drivin skills icon14.gif , if it wasnt for him i'd be yelling ALOT more during 16v biggrin.gif

swooner

the Bohan Beat has a captain and thy name is Gazziboy! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif now we just have to get you some breakers you can count on to back you up. icon14.gif

sweaty - if you'd like to block for either strength (known to you as "niko bellic") & the Hove Beach Screamers or sir gaz... feel free to choose and we'll update bud. or if you want to be a racer there is one available spot (in this circuit) leading the Broker Breakers we still have time to choose so no pressure. smile.gif

mae & leray - how is your availability(s) looking for wednesdays? will you be able to participate you think? dozingoff.gif

NickRad

Someone should start a Ps3 division

i like coffee enemas

Ah, whatever.

Sign me up as a Racer for Mae or Breaker for whoever. If I can make it I can make it, if I can't then I can't. The likelihood is I will be able to smile.gif

LeRay0409

If i now day and time then i will join... But unless i know them i am not going to yet...

Also, why does PS3 always want to steal 360 ideas?

Mae King Fuch

i can do wed. i hope at least. smile.gif

SweatyPa1ms

I'll be a blocker for either Gaz or Strength, really dont mind, fit me in around other peoples preferences.

Booze

I won't be able to make 10:30 GMT, but an hour later should be fine...

swooner

sweaty - icon14.gif congrats you are now a proud breaker for the Hove Beach Screamers. strength is the racer and you and das iggs' job is to help get him to finish in the #1 spot.

that means the screamers are also now ready for the tourney. we've got two more teams to sort and we should be ready to get this circuit started.

leray - in the meantime we will meet wednesdays at 5:30 est (ny,us), 10:30 bst (london,uk) to skirmish / dick around / and get to know the participants better. hopefully we'll have the weekly tourney underway in just a few weeks. smile.gif

booze - we'll make it work, buddy. cool.gif i'd like to make sure that everyone can attend each week, so that no one gets left out.

leelee - this makes me happy. inlove.gif clear some room in yr inbox, for christ's sakes! tounge.gif

mae - hell yeah! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif we'll get you on a team shortly. icon14.gif hope to see you wednesday, you crusher of souls. wink.gif

Edited by swooner

SweatyPa1ms

Haha, hove beach with strength... I feel like Roman. wink.gif

I'm gonna block the sh*t out of people, the russian way, dah...

Communism rules! icon14.gif