Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,346 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Chong McBong

[REL|SA|Beta] Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth

Chong McBong

Ford Sierra RS500 (1987)

Scratch Built by Chong McBong

user posted image

(scroll down for more pics)

Now updated to version 1.3

lots of new stuff added, and lots of bugs fixed smile.gif

Download Here

Many thanks to Rupert at RS-500.com for all the photos and information icon14.gifbiggrin.gif

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Included so far:

* Very detailed body & interior - (as accurate as i could possibly manage. i got a bit carried away with some of it...)

* moving steering wheel, working wipers/speedometer/rev-counter (thanks to izerli for the script)

* 3 levels of damage on some parts

* 2 extras

* Fully SA-MP and MTA compatible

* custom shadow

* custom cols (prim and sec, so you can colour the paint and the decals)

* custom handling (currently removed, it will be back)

* carcols compatible

* and plenty more

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

here are a few pics from my pre-beta testing (the shiny pics have "ENB Series" mod running for nice reflections)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

have fun testing it, and please report any bugs or problems so i can fix them for the next release tounge.gif

Edited by Chong McBong

Toghrul Rahimli

Just an amazing scratch model...

Edited by Togrul

F40LM

I tried to list as many as issues as I could think of -

1. Camera angles seems too high. ( Maybe make views from Interior view )

2. Maybe size should be bigger. ( In camparison with some cars and CJ it looks small )

3. Real car sounds should be a optional MOD choice.

Edited by F40LM

Silent

Love that car, excellent work biggrin.gif

Timske

Mod of the year? tounge.gif

Chong McBong
Mod of the year? tounge.gif

biggrin.gif thanks dude, that comment made my day rah.gif

i am currently working on the damage.. bashing stuff with a big hammer in zmodeler tounge.gif i will post some pics as soon as its ready to see...

at the moment, it looks like it was attacked by ninjas panic.gif

i have also figured out 3 levels of damage without any cleo or scripting, so i am going nuts cutting everything up and attaching it to things..

at the moment, it only affects the rear lights, but it may be spread to other things as well...

next on the list is the diffuse lights on the dashboard, after a cup of tea and blast round san andreas to test the damage smile.gif

junox

CAR of the year

the temp gauge on the car is running cold

Edited by junox

Timske

Maybe you can put a funny toy on the dashboard.. Do yo know Dirt 2? You can put funny animals or people and other stuff on the dashboard tounge.gif

Nik.

Bloody nice car Chong, what are you going to model after this one?

More Volvo? biggrin.gif

SWYV

so awesome detailed car, i really like this car!!!

but hey this is America the steer wheel is left side tounge.gif

-beeblebrox-

That is sick, love old Fords like that, my dad had a plain old Sierra Sapphire and stuck a Cosworth body kit on it during what I assume was a mid-life crisis, even had the red badges and everything tounge.gif

Chong McBong

thanks for the comments everybody smile.gif

i have updated my first post with new bugs and some more info.

i worked all night last night on the damaged parts.. they are mostly done now, and include 3 levels of damage on some bits:

after the damaged front bumper comes off, there are dangly fog lights that swing about smile.gif

also, the rear lights break in 3 stages at the moment. i might tweak them a bit more though..

the bonnet and doors are not finished yet, but i think the bumpers and boot are damaged enough now tounge.gif

@Timske, im not sure about the toy on the dash, its quite a lot of polys already tounge.gif

@Nik, next on my list is my Fiesta XR2, then the Wingy Dinghy, then a mod that i have been keeping secret for months.. i will announce it soon.. after that, im not sure.. maybe a volvo amazon estate (like the one i posted in PPC) maybe something different.. i haven't decided yet..

@SWYV, i know the game is set in america, but where i come from, we drive on the left tounge2.gif its a big job to get cars to work properly as RHD, but i think it looks better... turn.gif

@-beeblebrox- WyeAye, definitely a good choice of mid life crisis mobile lol.gif

@junox, i added your temperature gauge bug to my list.. well spotted.. i will fix it when i add the diffuse lights to the dashboard smile.gif

anyway, here are some pics of the new damage biggrin.gif (lol yes, they are huge again, but i do hate thumbnails)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

some of you may have spotted the lame framerate in the top left of a lot of my screenshots. this is due to me not having a very good PC, and running it on max specs for the purposes of taking nice screenshots.. (also, ENB series is a resource hog)

if you turn some settings down, it runs fine biggrin.gif

F40LM

When you turn the lights on and off the whole interior of the car turns Darker / Lighter

Chong McBong
When you turn the lights on and off the whole interior of the car turns Darker / Lighter

hmm, i don't think i can do anything about that sad.gif

F40LM

hmm, i don't think i can do anything about that sad.gif

I don't think many of us will be bothered about it, I just let you know you could make it perfect.

Maybe make a version with tinted windows, but if you do that then would you take the interior away becuase that would mean a lot less poly.

Probably wouldn't even need to make a lower poly version after doing that.

What do you use to lower poly?

TigerTanker

Holy crap, good work, as always. I love the details in the interior and I'm also in love with the damage parts. You did a great job once again, mate wink.gif. Take some cookies: cookie.gifcookie.gif

Chong McBong

What do you use to lower poly?

to lower polys in zmodeler, its easy.. just build it again with less polys biggrin.gif

it takes bloody ages, but its the only way..

i wont be doing it all again, i plan to remove a few poly-heavy objects for the "lite" version, as well as shrinking the textures to 25% and rebuilding some sections.

i think the seats and interior will come out, and will probably be replaces with some basic seats from one of my old mods, and a basic steering wheel.. but i will leave the dashboard in, as its fairly low polycount..

also, the engine would come out, and the detailed underside and suspension would all be turned into a flat sheet of nothing.

i think i could almost half the polycount by doing this, but it would lose some of its magic.

still, its a necessary evil, i suppose... slow PCs and all that... tounge.gif

Holy crap, good work, as always. I love the details in the interior and I'm also in love with the damage parts. You did a great job once again, mate wink.gif. Take some cookies: cookie.gif cookie.gif 

thanks dude smile.gif om nom nom nom.. good cookies lol.gif

i am quite pleased with the damage so far, i think it needs some tweaks, but it looks pretty beaten up (which is exactly what i was aiming for).

as for the interior, its my best one yet (i think), i am most pleased with the result..

i will post some of my reference pics later so you can compare for yourself

also, i will keep ticking things off the list in my original post as they get done.. as soon as most of it is done, i will update the beta...

-- edit --

as promised, here are some of my reference pics so you can compare them with the model (Thanks for these Rupert, they were a great help)

(yes, they are massive again, but it saves you having to click them all and wait for 10 windows to open)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Chong McBong

aoxsystems

nice references,hope it wasnt to hard to find them

i had my share of troubles finding good pics for my scirocco model,luckily i v got my hands on service manual scans..

zmod in your hands beats max and maya..thats all i can say

Chong McBong

nice references,hope it wasnt to hard to find them

i had my share of troubles finding good pics for my scirocco model,luckily i v got my hands on service manual scans..

zmod in your hands beats max and maya..thats all i can say

i posted on a guest book on an RS500 site that i found, and the owner replied and sent me loads of massive uber-hi res photos of his RS-500.

(thanks again Rupert)

there is a link to his site on the download page for the RS500

for scirocco pics, maybe try finding a VW forum that deals with sciroccos that worked wonders for my XR2, i posted asking for help on an XR2 forum, and got loads of replies with pics.. its much easier than trawling the net for weeks looking for reference pics..

also, ebay is very good sometimes for dashboards and interior bits.. just be sure to set it to "worldwide"

- = - = - Edit - = - = -

wow, lol i only just noticed the third part of your comment.. thanks dude biggrin.gif

i tried Maya once, and it was just "WOAH WTF WTF too many buttons!!! @%$`#~" so i uninstalled it

i haven't tried max yet as its a bit pricey, and i already bought zModeler, so i might as well stick with it..

zModeler does most stuff, but you have to take the scenic route normally as it lacks some functions lol.gif

Version 0.95 Beta or my Sierra RS500 is uploaded now on gtagarage.com

(see the bottom of the first post in this thread for the link)

Edited by Chong McBong

Chong McBong

Could you make a police version of this Ford RS500?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scalextric-C362-Ford...1#ht_1373wt_912

hmm, i quite like that idea tounge.gif

the only problem is that san andreas police cars have 4 doors, so i would have to make some invisible doors for it, so it doesn't crash the game...

i might do a police version of my Soviet Taxi mod too rolleyes.gif

- - - Edit - - -

i made a start on a police version, just set it up and added invisible back doors, and a quick in-game test...

i still have to make the lights on the roof, and all the police stickers..

also tonight, i finished the fiesta.. well almost.. i built the dashboard, and fixed all sorts of problems.. i will do some more testing, and release an update within the next few days biggrin.gif

Edited by Chong McBong

F40LM

Could you make a police version of this Ford RS500?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scalextric-C362-Ford...1#ht_1373wt_912

hmm, i quite like that idea tounge.gif

the only problem is that san andreas police cars have 4 doors, so i would have to make some invisible doors for it, so it doesn't crash the game...

i might do a police version of my Soviet Taxi mod too rolleyes.gif

- - - Edit - - -

i made a start on a police version, just set it up and added invisible back doors, and a quick in-game test...

i still have to make the lights on the roof, and all the police stickers..

also tonight, i finished the fiesta.. well almost.. i built the dashboard, and fixed all sorts of problems.. i will do some more testing, and release an update within the next few days biggrin.gif

I was thinking of a British style RS500 police car, it would be epic to see a San Andreas version biggrin.gif

Do you have any plans to make a concept out of any of your models, for example Estate RS500

Edited by F40LM

F40LM

What do you think about a RC version of this RS500, yay mini cosworth!!!!!!!!

Chong McBong

What do you think about a RC version of this RS500, yay mini cosworth!!!!!!!!

an RC version would be possible, but its a lot of polygons as it is, so it would be mega-overkill if i shrank it.. i would probably have to build it all again for a mini version..

the police version got started the other day, so far it has some red/orange stripes, but thats all so far.

unfortunately i have too much work to do any modding this week...

i have a few police version of things planned (including a sierra and a fiesta, and a version based on my crazy Soviet Taxi)

as always, keep an eye on my website for updates... tounge.gif

-- edit --

sorry i didnt answer your other post, im not sure about concepts really, its such a massive task making a car accurately, normally once i have fixed all the bugs, i want to escape and make something completely different..

lol, too much ford is enough to make anybody crazy panic.gif

Edited by Chong McBong

Carface80

Awesome car! lots of details and very very accurate. Bring on the cop car! cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

Chong McBong
Awesome car! lots of details and very very accurate. Bring on the cop car! cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

thanks BigFoot biggrin.gif

if you like this, you should try my Fiesta XR2, it was built along side this, and is about the same level of detail...

It was a long 6 months building this.. i almost went crazy from looking at the same thing for too long... suicidal.gifmercie_blink.gif

(note, crazy is relative.. i was already crazy, but building this and the fiesta XR2 made me even more nuts panic.gif )

a police version will probably appear soonish, but i dont want to set any dates or deadlines, i hate being rushed..

Carface80

Awesome car! lots of details and very very accurate. Bring on the cop car!    cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif

thanks BigFoot biggrin.gif

if you like this, you should try my Fiesta XR2, it was built along side this, and is about the same level of detail...

It was a long 6 months building this.. i almost went crazy from looking at the same thing for too long... suicidal.gifmercie_blink.gif

(note, crazy is relative.. i was already crazy, but building this and the fiesta XR2 made me even more nuts panic.gif )

a police version will probably appear soonish, but i dont want to set any dates or deadlines, i hate being rushed..

Of course, it would be a nice addition to my fleet smile.gif

Take your time, you are your own boss biggrin.gif If you rush, funny things will come up with your car.

Edit: I misspelled "course" corrected it.

Edited by bigfoot2003

DjGDA86

From all your models that I had seen so far I must say this is my personal favorite biggrin.gif

I like the details, very well made car model mate smile.gif

Chong McBong

From all your models that I had seen so far I must say this is my personal favorite biggrin.gif

I like the details, very well made car model mate smile.gif

Thanks dude tounge.gif

I just updated this on GtaGarage.. its finally out of Beta testing, and now has all new materials settings

(Big thanks to MindF*ck and Schaefft for their help with settings icon14.gif )

Download here

lots more updates to some of my other models coming up in the next few weeks tounge.gif

schaefft

Downloaded! tounge.gif