4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Deji

Report CLEO 4 Mod Errors

Deji

Okay, since people are still saying CLEO 4 doesn't work with ____ mod that works with CLEO 3, I've decided to let you all post which ones don't work.

Only post about mods that actually work in CLEO 3 but not in CLEO 4.

I'll do some testing/experimenting and see whether I can pass any valuable information on to Alien although I've yet to actually experience a working (and well scripted) CLEO 3 mod that doesn't work on CLEO 4.

Edited by Deji

Deji

File operation error caused by a call to "getConfigLine".

I changed [email protected] to [email protected] to erase the possibility of an issue with a timer (which I didn't think there would be). It must be something to do with CLEO 4's new opening mode.

//0A99: chdir 00A9A: [email protected] = openfile "cleo\missile.dat" mode "rb"//0x6272  // IF and SETfor [email protected] = 0 to 23   0AA7: call_function 0x536F80 num_params 1 pop 1 [email protected] [email protected]   {0A8D: [email protected] = read_memory [email protected] size 1 virtual_protect 0   if   0039:   [email protected] == 0   then       break   end    if   0039:   [email protected] == 0x3B   then       000E: [email protected] -= 1        continue   end    0AA5: call [email protected]([email protected],1i) num_params 3 pop 3 [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]   000A: [email protected] += 0xA0}end0A9B: closefile [email protected]

* Man portable missile seems to use the Missile script, so the problem is probably the same thing.

* Save script is probably the same thing as posted on the Sanny Builder forums.

Edited by Deji

TheSiggi

Siggis weapon menu mod blush.gif

Rapiers Black Phoenix mod

and all my mods that use 0A8D for reading out cheats

quite good idea Deji, but don't touch my script lol.gif

I'll work on it when I'm back home

cheers

Adler

lolwut?? Your weapon menu works perfectly on my CLEO 4. mercie_blink.gif

Deji

Phoenix mod works fine.

Adler

I guess you're just bugged then Siggi. lol.gif

ZAZ

* Save script is probably the same thing as posted on the Sanny Builder forums.

0318 made your code work perfectly for me, so what else could be the problem?

Not for me

script below with 0318: and 0A95: crashs

{$CLEO .cs}thread 'SAVE' 0318: set_latest_mission_passed 'INTRO_1'  // Big Smoke0A95: enable_thread_saving//  <-- needs to be enabled for a full working savedisk:SAVE_1wait 0 [email protected] = Pickup.Create(1277, 3, 1720.74, -1645.629, 20.2267):SAVE_4wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)jf @SAVE_4 if   Pickup.Picked_up([email protected])jf @SAVE_4 gosub @SAVE_9 jump @SAVE_1 :SAVE_9if  $ONMISSION == 0 jf @SAVE_25 03D8: show_save_screen :SAVE_15if 83D9:   not save_done jf @SAVE_19 wait 0 jump @SAVE_15 :SAVE_19Actor.PutAt($PLAYER_ACTOR, 1724.323, -1646.519, 20.2272)Actor.Angle($PLAYER_ACTOR) = 176.8:SAVE_25return

the save function in general work,

but writing a saveDISK-script requires 0A95:

and 0A95: works also in other scripts

but 0A95: in connection with 03D8: show_save_screen crashs

Furthermore is there one more aspect to fix:

If you make a savegame while gangwar is active and the zones are colored

must the game display the colored zones when I load the savegame

Deji

That code still works fine for me... And since you're on Windows XP too, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

I started the mission 'Big Smoke' and then went to the save pickup... I got the same problems as you described (no save, flickering icon etc.)..

Does this work?

{$CLEO .cs}thread 'SAVE'0318: set_latest_mission_passed 'INTRO_1'  // Big Smoke0A95: enable_thread_saving//  <-- needs to be enabled for a full working savedisk:SAVE_1wait [email protected] = Pickup.Create(1277, 3, 1720.74, -1645.629, 20.2267):SAVE_4wait 0$ONMISSION = 0if Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)jf @SAVE_4if Pickup.Picked_up([email protected])jf @SAVE_4gosub @SAVE_9jump @SAVE_1:SAVE_9if$ONMISSION == 0jf @SAVE_2503D8: show_save_screen:SAVE_15if83D9:   not save_donejf @SAVE_19wait 0jump @SAVE_15:SAVE_19Actor.PutAt($PLAYER_ACTOR, 1724.323, -1646.519, 20.2272)Actor.Angle($PLAYER_ACTOR) = 176.8:SAVE_25return

With ONMISSION forced off.

Furthermore, here's a way to do it without 0A95.

{$CLEO}0000:0213: [email protected] = create_pickup 1277 type 3 at 2496.3032 -1647.4149 13.5447while true   wait 0   if       0214:   pickup [email protected] picked_up   then       if           03D9:   save_done       then           08C7: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR at 2491.2307 -1657.1061 13.3625       end       if           0038:   $ONMISSION == 0       then           03D8: show_save_screen       end       0213: [email protected] = create_pickup 1277 type 3 at 2496.3032 -1647.4149 13.5447   endend

ZAZ

That code still works fine for me... And since you're on Windows XP too, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

I started the mission 'Big Smoke' and then went to the save pickup... I got the same problems as you described (no save, flickering icon etc.)..

Does this work?

{$CLEO .cs}thread 'SAVE'0318: set_latest_mission_passed 'INTRO_1'  // Big Smoke0A95: enable_thread_saving//  <-- needs to be enabled for a full working savedisk:SAVE_1wait [email protected] = Pickup.Create(1277, 3, 1720.74, -1645.629, 20.2267):SAVE_4wait 0$ONMISSION = 0if Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)jf @SAVE_4if Pickup.Picked_up([email protected])jf @SAVE_4gosub @SAVE_9jump @SAVE_1:SAVE_9if$ONMISSION == 0jf @SAVE_2503D8: show_save_screen:SAVE_15if83D9:   not save_donejf @SAVE_19wait 0jump @SAVE_15:SAVE_19Actor.PutAt($PLAYER_ACTOR, 1724.323, -1646.519, 20.2272)Actor.Angle($PLAYER_ACTOR) = 176.8:SAVE_25return

With ONMISSION forced off.

No, it corrupts the onmission state and crashs by savegameload

Furthermore, here's a way to do it without 0A95.

{$CLEO}0000:0213: [email protected] = create_pickup 1277 type 3 at 2496.3032 -1647.4149 13.5447while true   wait 0   if       0214:   pickup [email protected] picked_up   then       if           03D9:   save_done       then           08C7: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR at 2491.2307 -1657.1061 13.3625       end       if           0038:   $ONMISSION == 0       then           03D8: show_save_screen       end       0213: [email protected] = create_pickup 1277 type 3 at 2496.3032 -1647.4149 13.5447   endend

very good script, put_actor before show_save_screen make sense

but the first pickup will be duplicated by repeating saving, loading, saving, loading...

and the zone colores are not shown

Deji

I'm still not noticing many problems with your script... So I don't really have much to go work with.

I'm not sure what you mean by zone colours? And a destroy_pickup line would sort the other problem out, but I also didn't notice that occuring either.

I guess saving at other markers would cause problems, but I'd expect these scripts to be working together... Just put the "if saved" check outside of the "if picked up" check and destroy the pickup.. etc.

ZAZ

I'm still not noticing many problems with your script... So I don't really have much to go work with.

I'm not sure what you mean by zone colours? And a destroy_pickup line would sort the other problem out, but I also didn't notice that occuring either.

I guess saving at other markers would cause problems, but I'd expect these scripts to be working together... Just put the "if saved" check outside of the "if picked up" check and destroy the pickup.. etc.

Do you wanna say, if i wanna use cleo4 i can't use 0A95: in a savescript?

I need to set a parked_car generator and also an radar icon for the car-saloon starter- and save- script

Why should i change then to cleo4 if the scripts are working well with cleo3 but not with cleo4

The gang zone color, i told it very often but again:

You know that the gangzones are colored on radar and on map when gangwar is enabled.

Make a savegame whith your cleo script when you have colored zones.

Then load this save and look if the zones are still colored.

TheSiggi

lolwut?? Your weapon menu works perfectly on my CLEO 4. 
notify.gif

not for me...

Phoenix mod works fine.

you must be playinf me for a sucker lol.gif

When I'm back home I'll shoot my computer happy.gif

I was pretty sure that the read memory of the cheat pool wouldn't work with CLEO 4... mercie_blink.gif

cheers

james227uk

I'll try your weapon menu now

EDIT: Worked for me

TheSiggi
I'll try your weapon menu now

EDIT: Worked for me

Hi James,

mercie_blink.gif wow... guess my computer is kidding with me then... (that machine will get a nasty suprise then devil.gif )

thanks for the confirmation, I'm sorry the mods I posted aren't brocken at all blush.gif

cheers

Deji

@TheSiggi

D'yeh have the latest version of CLEO 4?

It should say v4.1.1.25 in the bottom corner of the Main SA menu before you start a game.

@ZAZ

I'm not saying you shouldn't use it. I'm saying that it works fine for me and I can't exactly offer much help when I'm unable to duplicate the problem... It's like trying to figure out how to fix a car without looking under the hood smile.gif

And again, I'm not noticing nearly as many problems with CLEO 4 as others seem to be, which is the purpose of this topic. Apart from the file operation on Ryosukes mod, everything seems to be cross-compatible... There are huge mods that I've been working on since CLEO 3 with so much stuff going on that I was sure I was going to be the victim of any CLEO 4 bugs that existed, but there were very little and they are all gone in the latest versions.

TheSiggi

@TheSiggi

D'yeh have the latest version of CLEO 4?

It should say v4.1.1.25 in the bottom corner of the Main SA menu before you start a game.

can't check it out at the moment blush.gif

My current version was downloaded from your site a couple of weeks ago, if there are any newer versions released during the last um... 4 weeks, its lickely I'm not up to date anymore tounge2.gif

cheers

TheSiggi

'm sorryI got to bump this but my weapon menu mod still doesn't work for me (fresh install, just a new exe) and well... also little test scripts I made to figur out whats wrong with the read memory didn't work! Normal scripts work like keypress stuff but reading out cheats with the cheat pool doesn't work for me mercie_blink.gif

cheers

Deji

Really odd.. I can still use mods that read from the cheat pool fine..

Have you tried a different .exe - even if you're using 1.0us... Just to see if there are any differences in the way it acts?

TheSiggi
I tried my europe version and it still doesn't want to work :S

Deji

Okay (with the 1.0us version or compact.exe preferably) does windows throw an exception/error address at you?

Paste it and I'll try and figure out as much I can confused.gif

kijahna

so like is there any way you can make this file work like the man portable missle and the missle script mercie_blink.gifmoto_whistle.gif

Deji

I suspect Ryosuke's missile scripts as the only scripts remaining that don't fully work with CLEO.

I already solved and figured out how to fix one of the main crashes when using it but it seems it still crashes when you target lock and fire at another hydra or something. Everything else just doesn't do anything. There would be ways to fix it but I'm too busy with my own CLEO 4 scripts at the moment.

rollout

Speedometer by Jasenko

This mod works on CLEO 3, but when I install it on CLEO 4, the game crashes after getting in a car...

Can someone fix this?

ZAZ

Speedometer by Jasenko

This mod works on CLEO 3, but when I install it on CLEO 4, the game crashes after getting in a car...

Can someone fix this?

Why do you have CLEO 4?

rollout

Because most of the mods I use are made for CLEO 4...

Like your Project Fantasia Mod, GPS, ATP's Mods, etc

ZAZ

Because most of the mods I use are made for CLEO 4...

Like your Project Fantasia Mod, GPS, ATP's Mods, etc

The Project Fantasia Mods are working with cleo3. Are you shure that ATP's Mods requires cleo4?

As you can see in this topic, Cleo4 came with problems, some codes won't work correct anymore.

Cleo4 isn't a step forward, it's a step sidewards, developed by another author.

So far i know exist not much mods which requires cleo4, like these:

[CLEO4] Aircraft Refueling Mod, Requested by SkylineGTRFreak

[CLEO4] Napalm Bombing Mod, Firebombs in SA

[CLEO4] Weather ID Selector, includes Sky Color Changer

[CLEO4] Car Spawner By Fastman92(reads settings from ini, especially for added cars)