4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
tysman

Bear Mod (help needed)

Leather_face89

OK so now I need to perform the animation Bear_stand (The idle animation) what code do I use, and where do I put it?

lol, dont worry about how to perform standing and run animations, these will be made in the animgrp.dat so once u assign and load to the bear.ifp in the script , it will perform automatically the stand and running animation while in game, whitout the need of puting that in the script! just ask how to perform bear_attack while the bear attacks and how to perform bear_death when the bear dies, also u should put in the script:

*dont make the bear go to the water, jump, walk, sprint, crouch, run in panic and use weapons, except and of course the fist

Oh! and u would have edited ur old post instead of posting twice lol moto_whistle.gif

Edit: that would be easy, but i dont know how to make my new group of animation work, i think i did put something bad, whatever, if i manage to get it to work fine, if not we will have to use the smae method of animation as the horse mod!

Edit again: no, it didnt worked, my game crash, i dont know how to do that, i think we will have to get it to work whit the method that u said

Edited by Leather_face89

tysman

OK so can anybody help me perform the Bear_attack and Bear_death animations to my script. I changed the name of bear.ifp to bear_animation.ifp. But now for some reason the bear model doesn't load at all. Here is my Edited script

thread 'BEAR' :BEAR_11wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_11 if  $ONMISSION == 0 else_jump @BEAR_11 if 00FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR sphere 0 in_sphere -696.9056 -2102.9678 26.2662 radius 60.0 60.0 60.0 else_jump @BEAR_11 023C: load_special_actor 'BEAR' as 5 // models 290-299wait 504ED: load_animation "BEAR_ANIMATION"  :BEAR_117wait 0 if and 023D:   special_actor 5 loaded04EE:   animation "BEAR_ANIMATION" loaded   else_jump @BEAR_117 [email protected] = Actor.Create(Mission1, #SPECIAL05, -594.8727, -2067.8113, 42.0035)Actor.Angle([email protected]) = 254.662Actor.Health([email protected]) = 100000446: set_actor [email protected] immune_to_headshots 0 04D8: set_actor [email protected] drowns_in_water 0 0946: set_actor [email protected] actions_uninterupted_by_weapon_fire 1 060B: set_actor [email protected] decision_maker_to 32 03FE: set_actor [email protected] money 0 05BF: AS_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR look_at_actor [email protected] 5000 ms 05BF: AS_actor [email protected] look_at_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR 5000 mswait 200 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 40 03C4: set_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR type 1 GXT 'NA' // global_variableModel.Destroy(#SPECIAL05)0296: unload_special_actor 5 :BEAR_321wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_410 if   not Actor.Dead([email protected])else_jump @BEAR_431 if 00F2:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR near_actor [email protected] radius 200.0 200.0 0 else_jump @BEAR_410 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 25 jump @BEAR_321 :BEAR_410Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 065C: release_decision_maker 32 jump @BEAR_11 :BEAR_431Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 0A93: end_custom_thread

coin-god

And why exactly did you change BEAR with BEAR_ANIMATION?

I hope the IFP name is the same you are calling in the script.

The name you call the animation with is not the same of the file itself "bear.ifp". The name is coded inside the file, to change the name you have to decompile the IFP and manually change it.

That name is called Internal Name. Its the one you use to call it from a script.

tysman

yes I know I got Leather_face89 to change the internal name and he will send me the file tomorrow. I think that's why the bear model didn't load was because I changed the name but the internal name wasn't changed. So the new name will be bear_animation.ifp (I wanted the name changed cause I was getting confused with the model of the bear and the animation file) (cause they have the same names LOL) Anyway talk to you tomorrow guys then we can get this mod on a roll smile.gif

Leather_face89
yes I know I got Leather_face89 to change the internal name and he will send me the file tomorrow. I think that's why the bear model didn't load was because I changed the name but the internal name wasn't changed. So the new name will be bear_animation.ifp (I wanted the name changed cause I was getting confused with the model of the bear and the animation file) (cause they have the same names LOL) Anyway talk to you tomorrow guys then we can get this mod on a roll smile.gif

i hope, so u already know how to chain a animation to a especific event on a generated ped????? like the things that i said to u before!!! im also doing a retexture to the bear model, so, we can have:

-panda bear

-polar bear

-frontino bear (also know as the glasess bear found in south america, included Venezuela! lol)

-grizly bear

-zombien bear (thanks to coing-god, this idea was from seein his zombie dog, why not a zombie bear lol)

-others variations and reskins

im also able to get and rig models from zoo tycoon and national geographic panda nds, these model will be private, as these cant be posted due to the rules, well im uploading the correction of the ifp, we will use the load animation method like the one in the horse script, cuz i cant get my anim group to work.

tysman

Actually this bear model came with some more skins, it came with black bear, grey bear and polar bear. So we don't need any more skins. But if you want to make some more thats fine with me

Leather_face89
Actually this bear model came with some more skins, it came with black bear, grey bear and polar bear. So we don't need any more skins. But if you want to make some more thats fine with me

well, more skins dont damage the work, so i will be making some of those, if u can, please give me the skins, so making the others will be more easy from that base skins!

tysman

yep I will upload them and send them to you in an email

tysman

good news I tried the attack animation and it works, but it stops when CJ is close to the bear and the animation is really fast. Here is the code with the animation code add, please let me know how I can fix these 2 issues

thread 'BEAR' :BEAR_11wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_11 if  $ONMISSION == 0 else_jump @BEAR_11 if 00FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR sphere 0 in_sphere -696.9056 -2102.9678 26.2662 radius 60.0 60.0 60.0 else_jump @BEAR_11 023C: load_special_actor 'BEAR' as 5 // models 290-299wait 504ED: load_animation "BEAR_ANIMATION"  :BEAR_117wait 0 if and 023D:   special_actor 5 loaded04EE:   animation "BEAR_ANIMATION" loaded   else_jump @BEAR_117 [email protected] = Actor.Create(Mission1, #SPECIAL05, -594.8727, -2067.8113, 42.0035)Actor.Angle([email protected]) = 254.662Actor.Health([email protected]) = 100000446: set_actor [email protected] immune_to_headshots 0 04D8: set_actor [email protected] drowns_in_water 0 0946: set_actor [email protected] actions_uninterupted_by_weapon_fire 1 060B: set_actor [email protected] decision_maker_to 32 03FE: set_actor [email protected] money 00605: actor [email protected] perform_animation_sequence "BEAR_ATTACK" IFP_file "BEAR_ANIMATION" 1004.0 loop 1 0 0 1 time -1 // versionA 05BF: AS_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR look_at_actor [email protected] 5000 ms 05BF: AS_actor [email protected] look_at_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR 5000 mswait 200 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 40 03C4: set_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR type 1 GXT 'NA' // global_variableModel.Destroy(#SPECIAL05)0296: unload_special_actor 5 :BEAR_321wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_410 if   not Actor.Dead([email protected])else_jump @BEAR_431 if 00F2:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR near_actor [email protected] radius 200.0 200.0 0 else_jump @BEAR_410 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 25 jump @BEAR_321 :BEAR_410Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 065C: release_decision_maker 32 jump @BEAR_11 :BEAR_431Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 0A93: end_custom_thread

Leather_face89
good news I tried the attack animation and it works, but it stops when CJ is close to the bear and the animation is really fast. Here is the code with the animation code add, please let me know how I can fix these 2 issues

thread 'BEAR' :BEAR_11wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_11 if  $ONMISSION == 0 else_jump @BEAR_11 if 00FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR sphere 0 in_sphere -696.9056 -2102.9678 26.2662 radius 60.0 60.0 60.0 else_jump @BEAR_11 023C: load_special_actor 'BEAR' as 5 // models 290-299wait 504ED: load_animation "BEAR_ANIMATION"  :BEAR_117wait 0 if and 023D:   special_actor 5 loaded04EE:   animation "BEAR_ANIMATION" loaded   else_jump @BEAR_117 [email protected] = Actor.Create(Mission1, #SPECIAL05, -594.8727, -2067.8113, 42.0035)Actor.Angle([email protected]) = 254.662Actor.Health([email protected]) = 100000446: set_actor [email protected] immune_to_headshots 0 04D8: set_actor [email protected] drowns_in_water 0 0946: set_actor [email protected] actions_uninterupted_by_weapon_fire 1 060B: set_actor [email protected] decision_maker_to 32 03FE: set_actor [email protected] money 00605: actor [email protected] perform_animation_sequence "BEAR_ATTACK" IFP_file "BEAR_ANIMATION" 1004.0 loop 1 0 0 1 time -1 // versionA 05BF: AS_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR look_at_actor [email protected] 5000 ms 05BF: AS_actor [email protected] look_at_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR 5000 mswait 200 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 40 03C4: set_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR type 1 GXT 'NA' // global_variableModel.Destroy(#SPECIAL05)0296: unload_special_actor 5 :BEAR_321wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_410 if   not Actor.Dead([email protected])else_jump @BEAR_431 if 00F2:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR near_actor [email protected] radius 200.0 200.0 0 else_jump @BEAR_410 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 25 jump @BEAR_321 :BEAR_410Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 065C: release_decision_maker 32 jump @BEAR_11 :BEAR_431Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 0A93: end_custom_thread

mmm, that i have heard before, there is a opcode for making a animation go slower, but i dont know what is that one and for the issue of cj near of the bear and cant attack, well i dont know, i think i can redo the attack anim, but im too busy whit the animations of the little dogs

tysman

no biggy I will just try some things till I get it to work, oh and please can you let the other coders post reply's cause when I post a reply then you post a reply it moves my post up the list and the other coders will try and respond to yours before mine. Sorry but I need reply"s from the other guys, if it is code related reply then you can post but if it's about the model of the bears please send me email instead. Thanks

tysman

I fixed issue with animation stoping when CJ is close to the bear but animation is still to fast and can't find a way to slow it down. The new code I am using instead of the other

0A1A: actor [email protected] perform_animation "BEAR_ATTACK" IFP_file "BEAR_ANIMATION" 4.0 loopA 1 lockX 0 lockY 0 lockF 1 -1 ms // versionC

Deji

0A1A: actor [email protected] perform_animation "BEAR_ATTACK" IFP_file "BEAR_ANIMATION" 2.0 loopA 1 lockX 0 lockY 0 lockF 1 -1 ms // versionC

Should be half the speed.

Or try:

0393: actor [email protected] perform_animation "BEAR_ATTACK" at 0.0 times_normal_rate

After the other line.

Didn't you ever wonder what the 4.0 was for? tounge.gif

tysman

nope didn't know what the 4.0 was for, is it speed? OH and what is LockF 1?

Deji

LockF locks/freezes the animation at the last frame.

The 4.0 is 'rate'... So a lower value should equal a slower animation.

0605 has all this information on its opcode line.. Gues its time to add it for this opcode too smile.gif

tysman

Ok thanks for the info, now I know what those mean smile.gif

tysman

So I still need help with the attack animation, death animation and run animation, the tricky part is how do I get those animations to work when they are suppose to?

Wesser
The 4.0 is 'rate'... So a lower value should equal a slower animation.

I don't think so. Some times ago I figured out it's the time for which the actor adapts his previously animation to the last one. For example, setting that param into 10000.0, will make the actor changing the animation immediately.

tysman

Ok thanks for the info.

Too everyone helping me on this Topic, I am packing up my laptop right now for Holidays (Leaving early tomorrow, and I will be back at the end of 2 weeks) so if any of you guys have any info on helping me with this mod, please feel free to post reply's. But I won't be able to reply back, cause of no internet connection. So I will talk to you guys after my holidays. Talk to you soon everybody. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Edited by tysman

TheCoolest2

We will help anyway we can, what holiday is it? tounge.gif

tysman

Hello everyone I am back from my 2 week holidays, now lets get down to business and finish this mod biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

james227uk

Not to be a killjoy, but why do you think rockstar never included wild animals in the first place? It cause legal sh*t with animal protection groups.

BnB
Not to be a killjoy, but why do you think rockstar never included wild animals in the first place? It cause legal sh*t with animal protection groups.

That's right beta sa version contained animals but rahkstar2.gif remove them.

tysman

so I shouldn't make this mod? sad.gif

BnB
The decision is yours!

tysman

I like the idea for the mod, but if it is gonna make animal rights organizations, mad at me than I shouldn't do it. What does everybody think I should do?

Gramps

Like the other person said, its up to you .. What do you think that would happen ?

Its not like your a major corporation, and that you'd get sued or fined =P

If its gonna live on your conscience if lil kids are running around killing bears, then don't make it killable tounge.gif

james227uk

If the animal attacks CJ, then it's ok to kill it. Look at MW2 and World At War. Dogs attack you, and because of that it's fine.

Bottom rule is:

- If it attacks you: It's fine

- If it doesn't attack you: Animal protection groups will be pissed

TheSiggi

as if any canadian or american with a gun cares about a bear if he got the possibility to smoke something just to feel great mad.gif ... and man, its GTA confused.gif

you 'kill' 'people', steal cars, and the last thing you do is respecting the laws so the question is pretty nonsens

coin-god
If the animal attacks CJ, then it's ok to kill it. Look at MW2 and World At War. Dogs attack you, and because of that it's fine.

Bottom rule is:

- If it attacks you: It's fine

- If it doesn't attack you: Animal protection groups will be pissed

I think you are overreacting James.

Its not like Hot Coffee.