4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
tysman

Bear Mod (help needed)

tysman

I decided to continue making this mod, cause it is gonna attack CJ. Just like what Jimbo Kern says in South Park "He's Coming Right For Us" Then you can shoot the animal cause it is attacking you biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Leather_face89

Lol, u guys, i dont believe it, tysman almost stops the mod cuz animal protection orgs??? lol, i just a game, the decition its on teh people if they want to kill a real bear just by seeing a virtual one, its just a f*cking game! dont say me that the big part of the animals mods where not released for these stupids things... its just a virtual bear...

well, now backing at the topic, why not? adding a dog as a complement to this mod! i already have some puppy animations (not good as the coin-god´s dog anims) but its at least something, the dog would help u to track the bear´s possition and the dog would help to fight it! by the way guys, i also finded some good dogs and bears models in HD and LD

tysman

don't worry bud it's not gonna stop, the mod is still gonna be worked on. I just need some help with the animgrp.dat and how to perform the animations with the script, so any help is much appreciated smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

tysman

Sorry guys I haven't been on here for a while, cause I was upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate. I will have GTA San Andreas installed sometime tomorrow or the next day. And then I will be able to get this mod finished, I will make another post tomorrow saying if my San Andreas is installed and ready for modding again. Talk to you guys tomorrow smile.gif

TheSiggi

Please stop spaming! post only if you have to post some progress which is imprtant for the comunity confused.gif

couldn't you just posted after your san anderes is installed? confused.gif

Edited by The_Siggi

tysman

Sorry I didn't know, I won't do it again sad.gif

tysman

Ok guys I am back in business smile.gif lets finish coding this mod

TheSiggi
Ok guys I am back in business smile.gif lets finish coding this mod

you just did it again suicidal.gif !!!!

geeee.... post progress! Questions! Ask for help! But nobody cares about "Ok guys I am back in business smile.gif lets finish coding this mod "!!!

tysman

OK sorry, so I need some help on adding the animations into the animgrp.dat and editing my script to execute the commands exactly when needed. The animations to add to the animgrp.dat are: bear_run, bear_stand (the stand animation is the idle)

so how do I add those?

ergic

where can i download the mod

BnB

facedesk.gif The mod is not finished and downloadable yet!

tysman

Sorry no it is not, not yet that is. It will be soon, cause I am just needing to finishing up on the animations, which I need somebody to help me with sad.gif

tysman

I still need some help on adding the animations into the animgrp.dat and editing my script to execute the commands exactly when needed. The animations to add to the animgrp.dat are: bear_run, bear_stand (the stand animation is the idle)

so how do I add those?

tysman

really sorry about the not posting about needing help earlier, I didn't know. I promise to not post reply's like that. Please can somebody help me with this mod, people are getting anxious over at gtagarage.com and I want to finish it sad.gif

tysman

Listen what ever I did or said to make you guys not help me, I am really sorry sad.gifsad.gif Please I need help, this mod is hard for me to finish alone

TheSiggi

I couldn't find any facepalm^4 which could fit to your 2xdoublepost lol.gif

you didn't explain your problem or showed us any procedure of trying to slove > post code!

tysman

OK so here is my full code:

// This file was decompiled using sascm.ini published by Seemann (http://sannybuilder.com/files/SASCM.rar) on 13.10.2007{$VERSION 3.1.0027}{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------thread 'BEAR' :BEAR_11wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_11 if  $ONMISSION == 0 else_jump @BEAR_11 if 00FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR sphere 0 in_sphere -696.9056 -2102.9678 26.2662 radius 60.0 60.0 60.0 else_jump @BEAR_11 023C: load_special_actor 'BEAR' as 5 // models 290-299wait 504ED: load_animation "BEAR_ANIMATION"  :BEAR_117wait 0 if and 023D:   special_actor 5 loaded04EE:   animation "BEAR_ANIMATION" loaded   else_jump @BEAR_117 [email protected] = Actor.Create(Mission1, #SPECIAL05, -594.8727, -2067.8113, 42.0035)Actor.Angle([email protected]) = 254.662Actor.Health([email protected]) = 100000446: set_actor [email protected] immune_to_headshots 0 04D8: set_actor [email protected] drowns_in_water 0 0946: set_actor [email protected] actions_uninterupted_by_weapon_fire 1 060B: set_actor [email protected] decision_maker_to 32 03FE: set_actor [email protected] money 005BF: AS_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR look_at_actor [email protected] 5000 ms 05BF: AS_actor [email protected] look_at_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR 5000 mswait 200 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 40 03C4: set_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR type 1 GXT 'NA' // global_variableModel.Destroy(#SPECIAL05)0296: unload_special_actor 5 :BEAR_321wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_410 if   not Actor.Dead([email protected])else_jump @BEAR_431 if 00F2:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR near_actor [email protected] radius 200.0 200.0 0 else_jump @BEAR_410 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 25 jump @BEAR_321 :BEAR_410Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 065C: release_decision_maker 32 jump @BEAR_11 :BEAR_431Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 0A93: end_custom_thread

I know the Idle animation is not suppose to be there cause I am adding the idle animation and the run animation in animgrp.dat, so that's my next step. How do I add my: bear_stand(Idle animation), and bear_run animations in animgrp.dat confused.gif

TheSiggi

Model.Destroy(#SPECIAL05)

Is not needed here btw.

mabye you should assign the idle animation to the actor until the player spotted the actor and the 'hunt' begins. Then you simply disable the assignment smile.gif

tysman

maybe but, I don't want to modify CJ's animations maybe an animation that was used way in the start of the game that isn't used any more?

TheSiggi

Who said something about replacing? mercie_blink.gif

An AS pack is a package of animations assigned to an actor which he executes until a) he spots an enmie or b) hes dead or c) can't react for other reasons

just assign a pack to the actor with performing your idle animation, time -1

and make him attack the player so the pack is released finaly

tysman

OK sorry didn't totally understand, so your saying using ASpack to perform animations instead of modifying animgrp.dat?

TheSiggi

Yes, AS packs are used for making guards walking around, look around and go back. thats their AS pack. They stop it automticly and due to load animation, your actor shoul perform it correctly

tysman

awesome, so how would I start to perform the idle animation using ASpack it is called bear_stand in my ifp file

TheSiggi

0615: define_AS_pack_begin [email protected] 0812: AS_actor -1 perform_animation "BEAR_STAND" IFP_file "BEAR" 4.0 loopA 0 lockX 0 lockY 0 lockF 0 time -1 // versionB0616: define_AS_pack_end [email protected] 0618: assign_actor [email protected] to_AS_pack [email protected] 061B: remove_references_to_AS_pack [email protected] 

the references can be removed right after the actor has been assigned to the pack

tysman

the bear doesn't perform the animation here is my edited code:

// This file was decompiled using sascm.ini published by Seemann (http://sannybuilder.com/files/SASCM.rar) on 13.10.2007{$VERSION 3.1.0027}{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------thread 'BEAR' :BEAR_11wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_11 if  $ONMISSION == 0 else_jump @BEAR_11 if 00FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR sphere 0 in_sphere -696.9056 -2102.9678 26.2662 radius 60.0 60.0 60.0 else_jump @BEAR_11 023C: load_special_actor 'BEAR' as 5 // models 290-299wait 504ED: load_animation "BEAR_ANIMATION"  :BEAR_117wait 0 if and 023D:   special_actor 5 loaded04EE:   animation "BEAR_ANIMATION" loaded   else_jump @BEAR_117 [email protected] = Actor.Create(Mission1, #SPECIAL05, -594.8727, -2067.8113, 42.0035)Actor.Angle([email protected]) = 254.662Actor.Health([email protected]) = 100000446: set_actor [email protected] immune_to_headshots 0 04D8: set_actor [email protected] drowns_in_water 0 0946: set_actor [email protected] actions_uninterupted_by_weapon_fire 1 060B: set_actor [email protected] decision_maker_to 32 03FE: set_actor [email protected] money 00A1D: AS_actor [email protected] rotate_to_and_look_at_actor $PLAYER_ACTORwait 1000615: define_AS_pack_begin [email protected]: AS_actor [email protected] perform_animation "BEAR_STAND" IFP_file "BEAR_ANIMATION" 4.0 loopA 0 lockX 0 lockY 0 lockF 0 time -1 // versionB0616: define_AS_pack_end [email protected]: assign_actor [email protected] to_AS_pack [email protected]: remove_references_to_AS_pack [email protected] 200 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 40 03C4: set_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR type 1 GXT 'NA' // global_variable0296: unload_special_actor 5 :BEAR_321wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_410 if   not Actor.Dead([email protected])else_jump @BEAR_431 if 00F2:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR near_actor [email protected] radius 200.0 200.0 0 else_jump @BEAR_410 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 25 jump @BEAR_321 :BEAR_410Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 065C: release_decision_maker 32 jump @BEAR_11 :BEAR_431Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 0A93: end_custom_thread

Edited by tysman

Leather_face89

lol i thinked this was dead and rotten as my goldfish that died 3 years ago...

user posted image

so... there shouldnt be in the gta sa opcodes somethign like a conditional/action/event like:

event: actor BEAR health´s reaches 0

condition: actor BEAR is on air 0

actor BEAR is on water 0

action: actor bear performs anim "bear_death"

of course, whit the practicaly inexistents knowlegde that i have of cleo scripting, i know that u 1rth have to load teh anims, models and etxtures of the actor, but only as my opinion u should 1rth worry about making the bear performs anims in death or attacking situations, just like i showned before, by the way, the bear model that i get is from a G-mod ragdoll, i just found it in megaupload, i will try contact the one who made it and ask for permission. i riged it bad, but its just a test, THE MODEL AND TEXTURES ISNT MINE, I JUST RIGED IT, AND I WILL ASK FOR PERMISSION.

tysman

why can't we use my model that you rigged for me, If you got this model from somewhere, why isn't there a mod for it? OH and you can't post pictures of a model you can only post code about CLEO scripts

Edited by tysman

tysman

Awesome I got it to work just had to change the code that was used to perform the animation, I used code 0605 instead of 0812 I tested it out on the run animation and it's good but animation has him moving forward when he is running then when the animation loops back to the start of the animation he starts back where he started from. Should the animation be like just his legs are doing the running but he isn't moving forward until i use a code like AS_Actor goto point X Y Z? I don't know you guys tell me what the run animation should be like to make the bear run smoother

// This file was decompiled using sascm.ini published by Seemann (http://sannybuilder.com/files/SASCM.rar) on 13.10.2007{$VERSION 3.1.0027}{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------thread 'BEAR' :BEAR_11wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_11 if  $ONMISSION == 0 else_jump @BEAR_11 if 00FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR sphere 0 in_sphere -696.9056 -2102.9678 26.2662 radius 60.0 60.0 60.0 else_jump @BEAR_11 023C: load_special_actor 'BEAR' as 5 // models 290-299wait 504ED: load_animation "BEAR_ANIMATION"  :BEAR_117wait 0 if and 023D:   special_actor 5 loaded04EE:   animation "BEAR_ANIMATION" loaded   else_jump @BEAR_117 [email protected] = Actor.Create(Mission1, #SPECIAL05, -594.8727, -2067.8113, 42.0035)Actor.Angle([email protected]) = 254.662Actor.Health([email protected]) = 100000446: set_actor [email protected] immune_to_headshots 0 04D8: set_actor [email protected] drowns_in_water 0 0946: set_actor [email protected] actions_uninterupted_by_weapon_fire 1 060B: set_actor [email protected] decision_maker_to 32 03FE: set_actor [email protected] money 00A1D: AS_actor [email protected] rotate_to_and_look_at_actor $PLAYER_ACTORwait 1000615: define_AS_pack_begin [email protected]: assign_actor [email protected] to_AS_pack [email protected]: actor -1 perform_animation_sequence "BEAR_STAND" IFP_file "BEAR_ANIMATION" 4.0 loop 1 0 0 0 time -1 // versionA 0616: define_AS_pack_end [email protected]: remove_references_to_AS_pack [email protected] 200 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 40 03C4: set_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR type 1 GXT 'NA' // global_variable0296: unload_special_actor 5 :BEAR_321wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_410 if   not Actor.Dead([email protected])else_jump @BEAR_431 if 00F2:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR near_actor [email protected] radius 200.0 200.0 0 else_jump @BEAR_410 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 25 jump @BEAR_321 :BEAR_410Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 065C: release_decision_maker 32 jump @BEAR_11 :BEAR_431Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 0A93: end_custom_thread

Leather_face89
Awesome I got it to work just had to change the code that was used to perform the animation, I used code 0605 instead of 0812 I tested it out on the run animation and it's good but animation has him moving forward when he is running then when the animation loops back to the start of the animation he starts back where he started from. Should the animation be like just his legs are doing the running but he isn't moving forward until i use a code like AS_Actor goto point X Y Z? I don't know you guys tell me what the run animation should be like to make the bear run smoother

// This file was decompiled using sascm.ini published by Seemann (http://sannybuilder.com/files/SASCM.rar) on 13.10.2007{$VERSION 3.1.0027}{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------thread 'BEAR' :BEAR_11wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_11 if  $ONMISSION == 0 else_jump @BEAR_11 if 00FE:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR sphere 0 in_sphere -696.9056 -2102.9678 26.2662 radius 60.0 60.0 60.0 else_jump @BEAR_11 023C: load_special_actor 'BEAR' as 5 // models 290-299wait 504ED: load_animation "BEAR_ANIMATION"  :BEAR_117wait 0 if and 023D:   special_actor 5 loaded04EE:   animation "BEAR_ANIMATION" loaded   else_jump @BEAR_117 [email protected] = Actor.Create(Mission1, #SPECIAL05, -594.8727, -2067.8113, 42.0035)Actor.Angle([email protected]) = 254.662Actor.Health([email protected]) = 100000446: set_actor [email protected] immune_to_headshots 0 04D8: set_actor [email protected] drowns_in_water 0 0946: set_actor [email protected] actions_uninterupted_by_weapon_fire 1 060B: set_actor [email protected] decision_maker_to 32 03FE: set_actor [email protected] money 00A1D: AS_actor [email protected] rotate_to_and_look_at_actor $PLAYER_ACTORwait 1000615: define_AS_pack_begin [email protected]: assign_actor [email protected] to_AS_pack [email protected]: actor -1 perform_animation_sequence "BEAR_STAND" IFP_file "BEAR_ANIMATION" 4.0 loop 1 0 0 0 time -1 // versionA 0616: define_AS_pack_end [email protected]: remove_references_to_AS_pack [email protected] 200 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 40 03C4: set_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR type 1 GXT 'NA' // global_variable0296: unload_special_actor 5 :BEAR_321wait 0 if   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)else_jump @BEAR_410 if   not Actor.Dead([email protected])else_jump @BEAR_431 if 00F2:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR near_actor [email protected] radius 200.0 200.0 0 else_jump @BEAR_410 $BEAR_ACTOR = Actor.Health([email protected])$BEAR_ACTOR /= 25 jump @BEAR_321 :BEAR_410Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 065C: release_decision_maker 32 jump @BEAR_11 :BEAR_431Actor.RemoveReferences([email protected])0151: remove_status_text $BEAR_ACTOR 0A93: end_custom_thread

u did it again... sh*t tysman, there is a button called "edit post" search for it... and also, 2 things:

my bear anims isnt really realistic as u will see, its based on the normal run of a huma, i only moved and reanimated teh upper limps, and i think its normal that u get the ebar like "changing on place too sudenly" when u code teh anim, have u seen teh horse mod? its like that problem u got.

2nd no, i finded that the bear model was on gmod.org and it was just a ragdoll, not a npc, whatever, i can amke a new bear model and anims, for now, u can work whit the anims that i gave u

tysman

why you need to make a bear model, are you trying to make a bear mod without me? sad.gif