GTA SA: Liberty City

Dingleman

Wow, I should really pay more attention to this topic. Now watch me try to attend to everything below my last post tounge.gif

@ speed racer

You can help if you wish, you don't have to work in par with me. Just do something and post a picture of it in the topic if you like and if it's helpful enough then it will go in the mod wink.gif

@ M57

That looks really good man, I tried out the Cartel Cruiser you did a while back and I must say it looks and works great. I like the little details you've added to it (like your name on the back, nice touch)

@ uncut751

There is no easy way to add the HUD into the original SA as it is a part of the mods SCM and uses ASI's and font textures that were made for the mod. If someone really wants to try this though I'm more than happy for them to, just let me know.

@ Perry182

I'm quite swell, yourself? tounge.gif

@ waleed00031

The only thing I can say man is to try reinstalling, I have no idea on why you are getting that. If that doesn't work, when and/or where are you getting the error?

@ Craig

Thanks man, the original LC mod is a continuous source of inspiration thats pushing me forward with this one, especially with it closing to completion now. That BTTF conversion sounds interesting, too bad you cant share it though. Maybe you should send it to the original bloke who made it and get him to post it next his mod as a "SA:LC Version" release or something with your name under it.

Now as to this mod. Today was the first day of my 2 week break, so I should be able to finally find some time for SA:LC. I actually haven't worked on it for a few weeks now which is a bit of a bummer, but I've got my sh*t together now so expect me to post updates soon. smile.gif

Edited by dingleman

• 2 weeks later...

Guys what do you think about this loadscreen sound? Fitting? It's beta Mission complete sound from LCS.

It's unofficial FYI

su-weet biggrin.gif

amazing work (I am thinking of removing united and installing this)

m57, that infernus shure looks wicked, you could almost work at ferrari!

Edited by twannie1997

Nice find, and really nice easter egg you made, dingleman.

and Nokiaman, that's a really nice theme song you made, Imo it really fits in.

Claude Speed.

He didn't make it. It's the tune that plays in the first LCS cutscene.

Gone...but not quite.

He didn't make it. It's the tune that plays in the first LCS cutscene.

No it isn't. It's unused mission complete sound even though it plays it at beginning. Plus I stated in my post that it's ripped from LCS.

Edited by /.:Nokiaman:.\

• 1 month later...

Lots of people seem to have there games crashing right after starting a new game. Its just random. I have this mod on my laptop and it works fine but on my desktop it crashes for no reason. It says access violation and the last file read was PLAYER.IMG and last library is unknown.

This.

Any way to fix it? I recieve this message 5 seconds after starting a NEW game.

Is your SA directory in the 'Rockstar' folder in Program Files? If not, move it there; usually fixes stuff for me.

id want to contrubute more than a few textures to this mod. like new guns maybe. ive been working on something quite i while, ill port pics soon.

Guys what do you think about this loadscreen sound? Fitting? It's beta Mission complete sound from LCS.

It's unofficial FYI

You can hear the bus in the background.

lol. What i found at the bottom of the dam's lake!

user posted image

Hey author please add to mode more Funny Easter Eggs alien.gif

We find it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've been to New York 2 weeks ago, and it doesn't quite look like the old Liberty City of GTA3. Anyway, I think we should try to add some stuff like:

*Increase ped and traffic density (editing pocycle.dat)

*Enterable Seven Eleven shops like in San Andreas. Any shop can be retextured, I guess, coz I don't remember any of these in GTA3, just that Supa Save. Because in New York, there's these shops called "Dwayne Reade" everywhere. And I know the Seven Eleven shops were kinda useless, but we can make the player able to rob them through cleo codes, it should be easy.

*Ammu-nation shops should have someone inside that "sells" the guns.

*More variety of taxis, like the Caprices from SA, or maybe a Blista or a Landstalker taxi.

*Cop SUV's like the Landstalker or a modified Cartel Cruiser. There's a lot in New York. And maybe a copcar based on the San Andreas Caprice like this beta one.

*I'm not sure if there are already limos on the streets of LC in this mod, but there should be. That's just editing the "cargrp" file, I guess.

*Some enterable pub or restaurant were you can eat. Liek the Punk Noodles place would be awesome.

*It's ok that there's no Statue of Liberty, that'not that big a deal tounge.gif

*I'm gonna check out what the Callahan Bridge looks like at night. It should have a lot of lights and stuff.

*The "Empire State" looking building should have lights on top like the real one.

*Bus stops

*There should be a strip club in Red Lights. Also, I'm gonna check Bedford Point again, but I don't recall seeing any "peep show" shops or neons saying "live girls" or "xxx" and stuff. I mean, it's Time Square, it's year 2001 and it's GTA for crying out loud (Rockstar Games wasn't quite paying attention to what they were making here) they should have made it look more like the Red Light District in Portland.

*GTA3 radios really made the atmosphere feel different than San Andreas (this is very hard though)

*Oh and also, at least in winter, 6 o'clock was already night in New York tounge.gif

That's pretty much it lol.gif you are doing great, Dingleman, the mod is looking awesome!! and of course, it's good to hear that you are making time for yourself to rest and not working 24/7 non stop on the mod wink.gif

Edit: Also, guise, look at this picture. You thinking the same as me?

user posted image

we should add some music gigs somewhere tounge.gif

EDIT AGAIN: I'm working on a taxi hail script, it's working just fine so far cool.gif

Edited by k9underdogg

"For those who modded for freedom" Killerkip

user posted image

Edit: Also, guise, look at this picture. You thinking the same as me?

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8397/dibujozfj.jpg

we should add some music gigs somewhere tounge.gif

Yeah, this was my dream too! We need a jazz club somewhere in Bedford at least! Every time I think of NYC I think of jazz. And every time I think about GTAIII, I think about it's David Axelrod kind theme. GTA4 had a jazz radio, and few jazz musicians (every looking exactly the same btw) on the streets, but it was completely ruined with all that comedy clubs (that weren't really funny (I hate Gervais and Williams)) and no real music to listen to..

Jazz radio and musicians on the streets!! Wow, GTA IV just keeps sounding better and better, I wish my PC could run it. confused.gif

It shouldn't be that hard to get that in SA:LC, we just need some new interior and then make some cleo script to add people. Then we should get the animations for the musicians, and the music is just more coding.

Ok I made the Taxi script, it's here. To use it, first set a marker in the map. Then get near a Taxi or Cabie and press conversation yes key ("Y" key) to enter. It will drive you to destination. It costs you money depending on how long it takes the driver to get you there, but you can exit before reaching destination if you want. I made this code because it wouldn't be NYC without the taxis lol.gif

IM STILL WORKING ON IT

// This file was decompiled using SASCM.INI published by Seemann (http://sannybuilder.com/files/SASCM.rar) on 13.10.2007

{$VERSION 3.1.0027}

{$CLEO .cs}

//-------------MAIN---------------

thread 'TAXI'

:TAXI_11

wait 50

Car.RemoveReferences(4@)

0AB6: store_target_marker_coords_to 1@ 2@ 3@ // IF and SET

else_jump @TAXI_11

wait 50

0AB5: store_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR closest_vehicle_to 4@ closest_ped_to 5@

if or

Car.Model(4@) == #TAXI

Car.Model(4@) == #CABBIE

else_jump @TAXI_11

wait 50

jump @TAXI_91

:TAXI_91

wait 50

if and

00E1:   player 0 pressed_key 11

0206:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR near_car 4@ radius 17.0 17.0 17.0 flag 0 on_foot

else_jump @TAXI_11

wait 50

046C: 6@ = car 4@ driver

if

not Actor.Dead(6@)

else_jump @TAXI_11

wait 0

Car.SetMaxSpeed(4@, 0.0)

jump @TAXI_186

:TAXI_186

wait 0

05CA: AS_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR enter_car 4@ passenger_seat 2 -1 ms

wait 200

if

Actor.InCar($PLAYER_ACTOR, 4@)

else_jump @TAXI_186

wait 10

05D1: AS_actor 6@ drive_car 4@ to 1@ 2@ 3@ speed 40.0 1 model #NULL 2

Car.SetDriverBehaviour(4@, FollowRoad)

00AE: set_car 4@ traffic_behaviour_to 5

Car.SetToNormalDriver(4@)

wait 0

Car.DriveTo(4@, 1@, 2@, 3@)

Car.SetMaxSpeed(4@, 25.0)

wait 1000

jump @TAXI_317

:TAXI_317

wait 1000

if and

not Actor.Dead(6@)

81B0:   not car 4@ sphere 1 in_sphere 1@ 2@ 3@ radius 20.31 20.31 20.31 stopped

Actor.InCar($PLAYER_ACTOR, 4@)

80E1:   not player 0 pressed_key 15

else_jump @TAXI_399

wait 50

Player.Money($PLAYER_CHAR) += -1

wait 0

jump @TAXI_317

:TAXI_399

wait 0

05CD: AS_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR exit_car 4@

Actor.RemoveReferences(6@)

Car.RemoveReferences(4@)

wait 500

jump @TAXI_11

I'm going to upload it to GTAGARAGE soon, please don't steal it you guys turn.gif

EDIT: UPDATED CODE

EDIT: Also, I'm using these two mods with SA:Liberty City and they look great:

*San Andreas Project Reality by Dinuxx (better particle effects and skies)

*Real Streets by Zyonig (more people and traffic on the streets)

EDIT: In this pic from GTA 3 there's lights in the Callahan Bridge. I don't think they appear in this mod but maybe I'm wrong or it's a problem with my game.

user posted image

Edited by k9underdogg

"For those who modded for freedom" Killerkip

user posted image

• 2 weeks later...

The bridge will completely look like sh*t as it looks originally in GTA 3. It all looks kind of squeezed and the width isn't enough...just saying though

GTA III graphics are good enough for me.

If you want it to look good why don't you make one YOURSELF?

GTA III graphics are good enough for me.

If you want it to look good why don't you make one YOURSELF?

Who were you talking to bro? If you were talking to me, only thing I'd say is that you don't need to be a "maker" to comment on something. I'm just sharing my opinion you got a problem with that, remove this topic because topics are made as a place to comment and share thoughts/opinions on a mod.

I finaly got it working but the hud is over the weapon icon. Also I dont mean to leach but could you upload a version of the mod or the file that modifyes the camra. The driving cammra drives me crazy where your high up and kinda looking down at your car. Can you tell me how to get it so its like the normal SA? Im gussing its in the SCM.

But overall nice work. smile.gif