3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ClaudeSpeedIV

GTA III map vs GTA IV map comparioson

ClaudeSpeedIV

yes i know people may have already done this but i am posting pics this time comparing them both, gta 3 liberty city vs gta 4 liberty city, which is obvious they are both set in two completely different worlds, either that or liberty city was rebuilt and renamed, which i doubt. any way here are the pics:

user posted image

user posted image

p.s. what do you guy

EDIT: sorry if i put comparioson instead of comparison, my mistake sorry, can any moderator fix this please? thank you.

Edited by ClaudeSpeedIV

cidamelo

The images should be smaller cry.gif

ClaudeSpeedIV
The images should be smaller cry.gif

cant make them any smaller sorry sad.gif

cidamelo

There's a way! It's easy, I'll teach you. alien.gif

If your Windows is XP/Vista, go to Paint, select the image and then reduce it by using that little points in the edges of the image, while holding shift. Then saves the image and upload it in Image Shack.

If your Windows is 7, choose "resize the image" and choose the size, and then saves and upload it in Image Shack.

I hope I helped you. happy.gif

OverTheBelow
There's a way! It's easy, I'll teach you. alien.gif

If your Windows is XP/Vista, go to Paint, select the image and then reduce it by using that little points in the edges of the image, while holding shift. Then saves the image and upload it in Image Shack.

If your Windows is 7, choose "resize the image" and choose the size, and then saves and upload it in Image Shack.

I hope I helped you. happy.gif

or just do it online with better scaling quality than paint..

http://www.picresize.com/

American Venom

It's amazing how much difference is between them. I used to think GTA III's LC was huge, but it's dwarfed massively by GTA IV's LC.

Shoreside Vale for example (Not including the airport) is actually smaller than Bohan, and Staunton Island only just fills up half of Dukes/Broker.

iSeymore
It's amazing how much difference is between them. I used to think GTA III's LC was huge, but it's dwarfed massively by GTA IV's LC.

Shoreside Vale for example (Not including the airport) is actually smaller than Bohan, and Staunton Island only just fills up half of Dukes/Broker.

Yeah, GTA IV's Liberty City is Massive when comparing it to GTA III's Liberty City. wow.gif

cidamelo

Yes I used to thought GTA III's Liberty City was huge too, but now I see how it is small. Anyway, GTA III's Liberty City is my favorite city in GTA Series lol.gif

redx165
yes i know people may have already done this but i am posting pics this time comparing them both, gta 3 liberty city vs gta 4 liberty city, which is obvious they are both set in two completely different worlds, either that or liberty city was rebuilt and renamed, which i doubt. any way here are the pics:

user posted image

user posted image

p.s. what do you guy

EDIT: sorry if i put comparioson instead of comparison, my mistake sorry, can any moderator fix this please? thank you.

I would of got into GTA III more if I didn't have every gang shooting at me.

jpm1

when it first came out GTA III was considered to have a huge map at that time . GTA IV map doesn't seem very big when you get a look at the radar , but when you take an helo and fly a bit over the city you realize the map is really huge . this may be done by the very high level of detail . your eye is always catched up by something to watch at

Edited by jpm1

Pyrrhic

I would of got into GTA III more if I didn't have every gang shooting at me.

Toughen up princess. lol.gif btw red text is not a good look, incredibly hard for me to read turn.gif .

I too was amazed at the time at the size of the map, then I played San Andreas and was completely astonished at how they could possibly fit that many things onto one tiny disc.

When GTA IV came out I was a bit dissapointed at the smaller map size but it was, nevertheless, a great game.

ccrogers15

Im sure you like to compare size. tounge.gif

Pyrrhic
Im sure you like to compare size. tounge.gif

I see what you did there. wink.gif

lucid121

Has anyone noticed that if you put gta iv in a mirror it sort of looks like gta iii?

Emperor Zero

Thanks for reviving an old topic of mine from my old account. But really, yeah it kind of does look like a reflection of the old Liberty City.

GoldenBlade

I see no comparison to be done here. GTA IV's map beats GTA III's by a long shot. I still discover places on GTA IV to this day, and that's because of all the great detail put into it. There are much more buildings, alleyways, etc.

lucid121

Thanks for reviving an old topic of mine from my old account. But really, yeah it kind of does look like a reflection of the old Liberty City.

You welcome.

PigeonHuntingisGæ

To be honest, it is true. Shoreside Vale is the residential side of LC and it is on the far left, and Portland is the industrial side of LC and it is on the far right. However, the islands seemed to be mirrored in GTA IV. Alderney is the far left island of Liberty City and it is the Industrial side of LC, and Broker and Dukes are the residential side of LC but they are in the far right.

Imagine Broker and Dukes represents Shoreside Vale and Alderney represents Portland. Mafia is only present in Alderney and Portland and their base or the Don's house is in Alderney and Portland ( Leones and Pegorinos ). The top right corner of both islands are empty and a beach is present. The south side of the island is the most industrial side of LC ( Trenton, Atlantic Quay, Portland Harbor and Acter Industrial Park) and a prison is present in both islands (not shown in GTA III but in the opening scene Claude is sent to prison in a police truck and he is heading towards Portland, and there is Alderney State Correctional Facility), and the only strip clubs in LC are in the east side of both islands ( Red Light District and the Honks! in Acter/ Tudor I forgot where).

The Francis International Airport is present in Shoreside Vale but also in Broker/Dukes. Both islands have a small portion of industrial buildings ( Pike Creek and BOABO) and they also have low-class apartments and projects to make them as the residential side of LC ( excluding Cedar Grove), and there is a park on the north/ northeast side of the two islands (Meadows Park and the small piece of land for carparks where the last mission of D Ice took place).

I mean Lucid121

1 minute ago, PigeonHuntingisGæ said:

To be honest, it is true. Shoreside Vale is the residential side of LC and it is on the far left, and Portland is the industrial side of LC and it is on the far right. However, the islands seemed to be mirrored in GTA IV. Alderney is the far left island of Liberty City and it is the Industrial side of LC, and Broker and Dukes are the residential side of LC but they are in the far right.

Imagine Broker and Dukes represents Shoreside Vale and Alderney represents Portland. Mafia is only present in Alderney and Portland and their base or the Don's house is in Alderney and Portland ( Leones and Pegorinos ). The top right corner of both islands are empty and a beach is present. The south side of the island is the most industrial side of LC ( Trenton, Atlantic Quay, Portland Harbor and Acter Industrial Park) and a prison is present in both islands (not shown in GTA III but in the opening scene Claude is sent to prison in a police truck and he is heading towards Portland, and there is Alderney State Correctional Facility), and the only strip clubs in LC are in the east side of both islands ( Red Light District and the Honks! in Acter/ Tudor I forgot where).

The Francis International Airport is present in Shoreside Vale but also in Broker/Dukes. Both islands have a small portion of industrial buildings ( Pike Creek and BOABO) and they also have low-class apartments and projects to make them as the residential side of LC ( excluding Cedar Grove), and there is a park on the north/ northeast side of the two islands (Meadows Park and the small piece of land for carparks where the last mission of D Ice took place).

I mean Lucid121

On 4/3/2013 at 1:18 AM, lucid121 said:

Has anyone noticed that if you put gta iv in a mirror it sort of looks like gta iii?

This guy