Claude Speed is Claude!?

Claude Speed.

I think the Claude Speed in GTA 3 is a re-imagining of the character from GTA 2. Thats what I'd like to think anyway.

The GTA 2 version kind of kills the mystery behind his character.

The GTA 2 version kind of kills the mystery behind his character. why??I never finished GTA II. nervous.gif

Its because he speaks with a british accent in GTA 2 and he doesn't really look like him apart from the clothes, its much better if hes just a silent mysterious character.

Brawly I didn't know about it!! But british accent is sexy sigh.gif

GTA 2: 28 years old, based in 2013

So if the game was made in 2001, Claude would be only 16? This doesn't make any sense. Explanation?

Claude Speed.

Well, you could start by reading the thread, maybe?

Edited by Claude Speed.

Gone...but not quite.

Claude Speed.
I did not insult anybody. If I like to express myself that way, it's my choice. I don't like the same things being discussed over and over again because someone new to a thread can't read.

Gone...but not quite.

Do you really have to swear and insult? That is just childish.

Claude Speed. and anyone else can swear and curse if they f*cking want to. No-one is holding a gun to your head to do so yourself, nor to read it.

I don't think there's need to insult or swear sad.gif

Claude Speed.

OK! I edited the post just because I like to think of myself as a good guy. But swearing is allowed in here for as long as it's not directed towards a person, which it wasn't.

@Sayrawr, so, to break it down for you some of the people in this thread think that Claude is Claude Speed and that GTA 2 and III might be in the same cannon, other think that Claude is simply a reuse of the GTA II Claude, with no story relation between the games.

We don't know if GTA 2 is set in 2013, in fact people who believe that saw some dates on the journal entries on the official website which didn't say 2013 at all, the dates said the year 13 which could be any year.

Also there is some proof that GTA 2 is set in 1999:

GTA 2 is set in 1999, not 2013.

1. Johnny Riccaro is saying "Millenium is coming"

2. "Gets yo'self out o' town. I hears there's trouble comin' in October time. Some new tough kid's comin' to town, so they say. Yo and Ma and Ma should get out of twon. The three of you ain't safe with one of them psychopath killers on the loose."

This is part of one of the mails that can be found on GTA 2 official site. This mail was sent on 01/08/99. I think the guy they were talking about was Claude Speed.

http://www.rockstargames.com/gta2/rednecks/pahootie.html

^ here is link to this mail

3. "Well, talk about using a hammer to crack an egg, the old bloke did it, did everythin' necessary to get things movin, although in no particular direction..."

Part of the journal dated on 01/08/13 wrote by some cop? This is also part of the GTA 2 official site. And this looks like he was writing about things that Claude did in the past. He practically put Anywhere City on the edge of civil war.

http://www.rockstargames.com/gta2/frameset.html

^ link to these journals.

GTA 2 is set in 1999, so the Claude Speed from GTA 2 is Claude Speed from GTA III, but the events from one game aren't followed by events from another. R* just reused character from one game in another. Beside there isn't single word about cryo-freeze in game manual or official site. Everything I wrote there is old news, but you people are trying to build castles on the sand. You're looking for single, little proof that GTA 2 takes place after GTA III and Claude was cryo-freezed. What for? Why do you need it?

I think what Tycek said in this post makes sense as much as I wanted for the stories to connect.

Gone...but not quite.

If GTA 2 was set in 1999 then why are they space-age looking guns in the game?

What space-age looking guns are you having in the game? All of the weapons that can be found in GTA 2 are normal weapons with a liitle retro-futuristic design.

What's up with some of you constantly trying to disapprove that this is the same guy. If it wasn't meant to be the same guy they wouldn't give "them" the same name, make em look the same.and tie it's so neatly together.

It's nothing but funny details for the fans of GTA just like several other things appear in more than one game. Sprunk, some cars, radio talkers and alot of other things. smile.gif

but it also says that claudde is also featured in only sa

They don't deny that he's featured in GTA 2. It's not exactly a wikipage, it's a quiz result with one "funfact" on the side.

Edited by mrgypsie

• 9 months later...
MAN IN THE DARK

Exuse me but you all retarted or something. GTA 2 MOVIE SET IN 2001 AFTER GTA III, CLAUDE DIDN'T DIE IN THE END. SOMEONE JUST FREZING HIM AND THEN CLAUDE WAKE UP IN THE FUTURE CCHHEEZZZZ suicidal.gif

Is it just my facebook restricting access cause it says "the use of this app is restricted" etc confused.gif

The_Sorrow maybe it's because your Facebook account is under 18 years old!!

The_Sorrow maybe it's because your Facebook account is under 18 years old!!

Yeah most likely didn't think tounge.gif

WhistleBlower

First of all, Rockstar never really made it clear whether GTA 2 takes place in 1999 or 2013. His name being Claude Speed doesn't make a difference because there's nothing to say that it doesn't take place in an alternate reality, separate from GTA III's universe, you know what I mean? There are a lot of continuity errors between both titles. But people are blind to this because all eyes are on Claude, excuse me, Claude Speed... confused.gif

Edited by WhistleBlower

• 1 month later...
GTA 2 could be set anywhere after III, now that we know that they are the same guy.

Hold on a minute GTA III could off been a Prequal to GTA 2.

If the movie is part of the Storyline then we know how Claude dies but if not then who know's.

• 5 months later...
kyle_Travers

They might be the same character but rockstar rewrote the story of claude in SA. Because in SA right after carl is finished with catalina claude meets her and the current year is 1992 and he goes on a 9 year crime spree with her until she betrays him in gta 3 in 2001. This doesn't mean its not the same character I guess it just means the game is non canon to the others. Claude speed was the main figure of gta 2 and 3 then when the series took off he was just another character.

There are two many plot holes between the two cannons, so it's unlikely they are the same guy. However, I think that GTA III Claude Speed was inspired by the GTA 2 one.

The Audiophile Thread

LG 32GN650-B | TESORO Gram XS | PRO X Superlight 2 | Xbox Elite v2 | JBL Tune 720BT | THIEAUDIO Hype 4

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | RTX 4070 | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro | Fanatec CSL DD McLaren GT3 V2

kyle_Travers

Yes. Because he was the main dude of the series he put gta on the map!

before 3 gta was just another franchisethat was hit or miss

If you fool around with rockstarnorth.com's old Flash site, which was created around when Vice City came out and not updated too much since then, the character is called "GTA3 Player".

I think when GTA3 started development they meant to continue Claude Speed as the protagonist but the concept changed before the game was finished and they finally decided to un-name him. But he already looked a lot like Claude Speed, and when they brought him back in San Andreas they called him Claude. Now Rockstar's official position is that his last name may or may not be Speed. They don't have a logical answer because there isn't one.

If you look at the early sketches, he doesn't look much like Claude Speed from GTA 2, so he may have morphed into him later on and they decided to give him the same name since they looked alike. People knew that his name was Claude before San Andreas, there is a text entry in the text files from GTA III with his name:

user posted image

Obviously DEFNAM stands for default name.

The Audiophile Thread

LG 32GN650-B | TESORO Gram XS | PRO X Superlight 2 | Xbox Elite v2 | JBL Tune 720BT | THIEAUDIO Hype 4

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | RTX 4070 | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro | Fanatec CSL DD McLaren GT3 V2

They might be the same character but rockstar rewrote the story of claude in SA. Because in SA right after carl is finished with catalina claude meets her and the current year is 1992 and he goes on a 9 year crime spree with her until she betrays him in gta 3 in 2001. This doesn't mean its not the same character I guess it just means the game is non canon to the others. Claude speed was the main figure of gta 2 and 3 then when the series took off he was just another character.

Did you seriously just bump this? suicidal.gifmercie_blink.gif

The fact of the matter is that they are 2 separate but connected universes. Claude was born the same person in both. Things from there diverged. Anything else is pure speculation.