3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

TV series general chat

Claude Speed.
Anyone know any good cop shows? I watched Columbo and Miami Vice so far. I've seen an episode of Nash Bridges today after seeing an ad of it on TV. At first I was hyped, another cop show starring Don Johnson, gotta be cool! But it's not that good, maybe Don Johnson was trying to make more money after the success of Miami Vice.
Fnorg

Does it have to be overrated 80s crap or do you want a good cop show?

Hell, I've got something that'll sorta fit both categories - Magnum P.I.

Yokelsson

Anyone know any good cop shows? I watched Columbo and Miami Vice so far. I've seen an episode of Nash Bridges today after seeing an ad of it on TV. At first I was hyped, another cop show starring Don Johnson, gotta be cool! But it's not that good, maybe Don Johnson was trying to make more money after the success of Miami Vice.

Give it a chance, bubba. it gets a lot better. I loved that show.

Otter

Pacific Blue!

But no, for real. The Wire. The Shield. Justified. Picket Fences. NYPD Blue. Just a few of my favorites.

Tyler

Finally jumped on the wagon and started Mad Men. I am not disappointed by the show in any way. tounge.gif

Finally jumped on the wagon and started Mad Men. I am not disappointed by the show in any way. tounge.gif

I agree its a great show. I can't wait for season four to release on dvd in the the US in about 2 weeks.

Tyler

Oh dude, really? I'm going to sit back the next two weeks and jam the remaining 2 seasons into my television watching before the new season premiers then. tounge2.gif

Claude Speed.
Does it have to be overrated 80s crap or do you want a good cop show?

Hell, I've got something that'll sorta fit both categories - Magnum P.I.

Overrated maybe, but it doesn't mean it's crap. It's cheesy but still great.

@GTAvanja, Ok. I was going to watch a few more episodes anyway.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions!

darthYENIK

Pacific Blue!

But no, for real. The Wire. The Shield. Justified. Picket Fences. NYPD Blue. Just a few of my favorites.

I don't know why but I used to watch Pacific Blue every damn week. I even wanted to be a bike cop once.

I would have suggested Good Guys, but it was cancelled. It had a nice 80s buddy cop feel to it. Dan Stark could have been a legend.

Yokelsson

Pacific Blue!

I don't know why but I used to watch Pacific Blue every damn week. I even wanted to be a bike cop once.

If you were a kid I don't blame you. My entire neighborhood (myself included) bought super bikes similar to those from the show and we abused them. We chased each other on bikes like crazy. Some kids even tried to do all those crazy stunts from the show. There were a lot of broken bones in the 'hood.

Don Garcia

...I can't believe I'm waiting over a year for my Breaking Bad fix. This is some brutal sh*t AMC.

...I can't believe I'm waiting over a year for my Breaking Bad fix. This is some brutal sh*t AMC.

I'm still waiting for season 3 to come out on dvd or be screened on TV over here in the UK. Thank f*ck I've gotten into Mad Men which is a more-than-adequate stand-in tounge.gif

Andyzoot

I'm still waiting for season 3 to come out on dvd or be screened on TV over here in the UK. Thank f*ck I've gotten into Mad Men which is a more-than-adequate stand-in tounge.gif

I seriously would not expect Breaking Bad to be screened over here for a while. I don't know what FX are playing at. You're better off just finding another way to watch (the excellent) Season 3

Fnorg

I'm going through season 3 right now and there's not an episode I've watched so far that's been bad. Three seasons of amazing episodes is no small feat. Not to mention that the show is visually gorgeous. I'd go as far as saying it has the best cinematography of any show on TV right now. Fantastic stuff.

Gus is a cold motherf*cker. So menacing, in control. He just oozes superiority. Makes Walt look like Jesse when it comes to covering stuff up. I love every scene he's in and I hope he'll make it through to the next season. inlove.gif

Here's an image that proves both of the above statements:

user posted image

Gorgeous.

user posted image

@SIKKS66: If you're a stickler for legality I'd recommend iTunes episodes in HD. I'm watching them and the trade-off between quality and size is excellent. It'll cost you $33 (around £20, I don't know how much it costs in the UK store) for the entire season in HD. If you aren't watching this show in HD, you're missing out on half the goodness of it.

btw, I hope I'm not spoiled anything. Gus was introduced at the end of season 2, right?

Edited by Gronf
I'm going through season 3 right now and there's not an episode I've watched so far that's been bad.

Season 3 was very good from what I can remember, the only episode I felt that let it down a bit was episode 10, Fly. It was still a solid episode by most shows standards but I found it a bit lacking of the quality you would expect from Breaking Bad.

Don Garcia

"The Fly" was the "4 Days Out" of season 3. Walt and Jesse alone for some real character drama. That episode stung me at the time, since you wait a whole week, chomping at the bit, during a very exciting season, for a new episode and get a slow character piece confined to one room. But put it into the context of the season/series, and it's a great episode. Walt's guilt is so f*cking heavy, and you're just screaming at the TV for Walt not to tell him about Jane.

And I love Gus, and his crew. Love 'em all. f*ck I can't wait till July. Maybe Breaking Bad belongs in the summer.

I seriously would not expect Breaking Bad to be screened over here for a while. I don't know what FX are playing at. You're better off just finding another way to watch (the excellent) Season 3

I've avoided other ways so far (viddy_pirate.gif) because I have some kind of fetish for boxsets (they just look so cool all neatly lined up and sh*t) and I don't want to have some sh*tty watermark on the screen or adverts interrupting the action. I guess watching The Sopranos, The Wire, two seasons of BB and two seasons of Mad Men in this manner means I've grown accustomed to watching them like films. Boardwalk Empire isn't as great with damn adverts every 15 minutes, bloody Sky Atlantic tounge.gif

Reeeeeeeaaally want the season 3 boxset of BB, can't be that far off surely.

Otter

Chompin' at the bit here - only one month until Game of Thrones! Going to have to renew my HBO subscription!!!!

Fnorg
"The Fly" was the "4 Days Out" of season 3. Walt and Jesse alone for some real character drama. That episode stung me at the time, since you wait a whole week, chomping at the bit, during a very exciting season, for a new episode and get a slow character piece confined to one room. But put it into the context of the season/series, and it's a great episode. Walt's guilt is so f*cking heavy, and you're just screaming at the TV for Walt not to tell him about Jane.

And I love Gus, and his crew. Love 'em all. f*ck I can't wait till July. Maybe Breaking Bad belongs in the summer.

I can see how people disliked that episode being forced to watch on a weekly basis. For someone like me who watches a few eps a week it's no big deal. Personally I loved the episode even though I felt the monologs dragged a bit. But then again I liked "Pine Barrens", so I guess you should take that into account.

Just stuck on Sky Atlantic and gotten absorbed in an old Sopranos episode, "Down Neck" from Season 1. Exploring the relationship betwen Tony and AJ aas well as showing Tony's childhood too. Such an awesome episode. I've only ever watched The Sopranos once all the way through, haven't seen season 1 episodes for 5 years probably. One day I'm gonna sit and watch it all again from start to finish, I think you appreciate these shows more as you age and mature and the more and more you watch them.

I f*cking love The Sopranos, I really do...

mark-2007

I'm the same Sikks, only watched it once all the way through. Keep meaning to watch it, but I'm never home long enough. Moved house and dunno where all the dvds were stashed, so when I even remember to look for 'em I can't find them. Maybe these Easter holidays. Such a good series though. As much as I love The Wire, The Sopranos still tops it for me. Not by a lot, but to me it pips it. Still, kinda 2 very different series in some ways.

Just stuck on Sky Atlantic and gotten absorbed in an old Sopranos episode, "Down Neck" from Season 1. Exploring the relationship betwen Tony and AJ aas well as showing Tony's childhood too. Such an awesome episode. I've only ever watched The Sopranos once all the way through, haven't seen season 1 episodes for 5 years probably. One day I'm gonna sit and watch it all again from start to finish, I think you appreciate these shows more as you age and mature and the more and more you watch them.

And me!

Its going to show the entire series so thats wednesday nights sorted for years!

Loving Boardwalk Empire too, glad I got Sky again.

Yokelsson

I bought The Sopranos DVD collection a couple of months back and I still haven't touched it. I just saw it and I knew I had to buy it. With all this talk about the show I might just start watching it again.

Fnorg

This guy does a fantastic Tony Soprano, and his Chris is even better. You're probably better off not seeing that if you're not done with the show.

Haha I love Max Koch, watched almost all his videos and his Sopranos ones give me that fix I can no longer get. The one with The Joker was the best but that random moment where Butch (Phil Leotardo's right hand man) turned up in an episode was awesome. Max seems like a great guy too, he replies to comments a lot. He's replied to me a few times.

TommyMufc-Champs

And me!

Its going to show the entire series so thats wednesday nights sorted for years!

Loving Boardwalk Empire too, glad I got Sky again.

Boardwalk Empire Is brilliant. The best TV show I have ever watched and I'm not exaggerating. Three episodes left of the First series, I hope they do a second series.

ChossenOne

So Boardwalk Empire is that good?

It'll finally air in Australia tommorrow night, so i guess i'll check it out.

Finn 7 five 11

I wanted to post about comedies in here, i was wondering if anyone would object, they could be classified as a reality show.

Algonquin Assassin

Boardwalk Empire premiered on Showcase tonight, and I've already got episode 2 booked into my Foxtel planner for next Sunday. biggrin.gif

I knew it being directed by Martin Scorsese it would be brilliant. Steve Buscemi is f***ing fantastic.

Edited by Miamivicecity