2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

TV series general chat

There's this show called Outsourced premiering on my cable tonight and is about a call manager working in India. Might give it a watch later.

So yeah started watching this show and I'm loving it so far. Only seen the first episode and yet I already felt like I've connected with the main character, Todd Dempsey. He's like the kind of guy who you would want to have as a friend in real life.

does anyone here loves My Name is Earl?

It's a great tv show ever tough. It's really sad it's been stopped with big cliffhanger.

Damn NBC

kaptainkoolkat

Could anyone recommend any tv shows as good as oz. I don't really care what it is about. Im thinking the sopranos is it any good??

Edited by kaptainkoolkat
darthYENIK

Sure the Sopranos is good. Most HBO and Showtime series are good. I highly suggest Dexter if you haven't seen it.

Dexter quickly became my favourite television series shortly after watching it. It's so easy to get into, and the first four seasons are absolutely magnificent.

Yokelsson

I really don't like Dexter. I tried to like it but the other characters just ruin the show. They are so shallow and predictable and yet they keep trowing their personal sh*t at us. NO ONE CARES! And Dexter's sister and her swearing - it doesn't even sound remotely real. It is so forced and they just roll with it regardless. I honestly don't know how the show survived for 5 seasons.

Edited by GTAvanja

Forget The Sopranos. It's amazing television, sure, but if you want amazingly amazing television hit up The Wire or Deadwood.

Forget The Sopranos. It's amazing television, sure, but if you want amazingly amazing television hit up The Wire or Deadwood.

Forget the Sopranos?

Are you kidding me sure we all have our own personal opinions but it was one of the best crime TV series i have watched. If you want a link KaptainkoolKat i can provide you with one through PM, i'm afraid here it will probably get reported to the mods and they will close this topic down.

TommyMufc-Champs

Watch Boardwalk Empire Sanjeem It's brilliant and I think you would like It, another show which I'm watching at the moment called Mad Dogs. Your from England right Sanjeem? If you are watch Boardwalk Empire on SkyAtlantic and watch Mad Dogs on Sky1.

Mad Dogs: It follows four middle-aged friends getting together in a villa in Majorca to celebrate the early retirement of Alvo, a fifth friend. However, the group unknowingly get caught up in the world of crime after Alvo is murdered.

Watch Boardwalk Empire Sanjeem It's brilliant and I think you would like It, another show which I'm watching at the moment called Mad Dogs. Your from England right Sanjeem? If you are watch Boardwalk Empire on SkyAtlantic and watch Mad Dogs on Sky1.

Mad Dogs: It follows four middle-aged friends getting together in a villa in Majorca to celebrate the early retirement of Alvo, a fifth friend. However, the group unknowingly get caught up in the world of crime after Alvo is murdered.

Yep Cheers Tommy, I might check that out somtime soon although suprisingly unlike alot of people i don't have sky, is there any way i would be able to watch it on an Online webiste?

I'll be sure to check them out anyway thanks.

Forget the Sopranos?

Are you kidding me sure we all have our own personal opinions but it was one of the best crime TV series i have watched. If you want a link KaptainkoolKat i can provide you with one through PM, i'm afraid here it will probably get reported to the mods and they will close this topic down.

I didn't say The Sopranos is a bad show, I said The Wire and Deadwood are better. The guy was looking for shows as good as Oz and I recommended two of the best shows out there. I like Tony Soprano as much as the next guy, but he doesn't have jack on Al Swearengen or Omar Little.

TommyMufc-Champs

Yep Cheers Tommy, I might check that out somtime soon although suprisingly unlike alot of people i don't have sky, is there any way i would be able to watch it on an Online webiste?

Wait for them to come out on DVD icon14.gif

Forget the Sopranos?

I didn't say The Sopranos is a bad show, I said The Wire and Deadwood are better. The guy was looking for shows as good as Oz and I recommended two of the best shows out there. I like Tony Soprano as much as the next guy, but he doesn't have jack on Al Swearengen or Omar Little.

Opinion: The Wire, yeah I'll give you that. But I wouldn't say Deadwood is in The Sopranos elite league. Great show but The Sopranos was epic.

Drift-Kingz

You can try watching it on HBO.com

Claude Speed.
f*cking Miami Vice took an unexpected kind of sad turn when Caitlin died. I was always stumped of the amount of good people dying on the show but this was the nail on the f*cking coffin. But to be honest I find it more intriguing now, I can't wait to see what the next episode uncovers.

Forget the Sopranos?

Opinion: The Wire, yeah I'll give you that. But I wouldn't say Deadwood is in The Sopranos elite league. Great show but The Sopranos was epic.

I respectfully disagree. Compared to Deadwood and especially The Wire, The Sopranos looks like garbage. It's still in the top three percent of awesome TV (just made that figure up) but I just think Deadwood is that much better, and it didn't even get to properly finish.

PS: "Looks like garbage" is a hyperbole. I love The Sopranos like a brother. I even liked the "Johnny Cakes" plotline. tounge.gif

darthYENIK

Holy f*cking sh*t. Holy f*cking sh*t.

darthYENIK says this for about 10 minutes

Eerie, Indiana is streaming on Netflix.

Forget the Sopranos?

I respectfully disagree. Compared to Deadwood and especially The Wire, The Sopranos looks like garbage. It's still in the top three percent of awesome TV (just made that figure up) but I just think Deadwood is that much better, and it didn't even get to properly finish.

PS: "Looks like garbage" is a hyperbole. I love The Sopranos like a brother. I even liked the "Johnny Cakes" plotline. tounge.gif

Looks like garbage? It's doing it's job then. He's a waste management consultant lol.gif

Don Garcia

I watched a couple of episodes of Being Human, the American remake of the brit one, on SyFy and it wasn't too bad. It still has too much cheese and 'humor' for me, but I have definitely seen worse on that channel.

darthYENIK

I'm about 4 episodes away from the series finale of Lost. Not that I don't like the direction the show went after season 4-ish, but it just feels so different.

Yokelsson

I'm about 4 episodes away from the series finale of Lost.  Not that I don't like the direction the show went after season 4-ish, but it just feels so different.

If you think that's different wait to see the finale.

But wasn't Ab Aeterno awesome?

darthYENIK

I don't mean different in a bad way. I think they changed it enough to where it didn't feel like the same old stuff every season.

Anyway, I just finished it. Just so I know I get it... [MAJOR SPOILERS]: When Jack dies, that's really when the alternate reality begins, where they don't crash. And that alternate reality is heaven, if you will. So when Ben and Hurley have that moment where Hurley says, Ben was a good number 2, and Hurley was a good number 1, they lived full lives on the island as the new protectors, dying presumably many years after Jack, as well as everyone else that was alive, like Kate and Sawyer. And people like Charlie, Boone, and Locke were already there, because they were already dead. Of course I assume this all means that the island was just an island, and wasn't purgatory, or hell, or what have you. Although there was some sort of "magic" there, it was very much in the same plane of reality.

I really liked the finale. It was a good book end, and I felt it closed a lot of doors.

Yokelsson

I don't mean different in a bad way.  I think they changed it enough to where it didn't feel like the same old stuff every season.

Anyway, I just finished it.  Just so I know I get it... [MAJOR SPOILERS]: When Jack dies, that's really when the alternate reality begins, where they don't crash.  And that alternate reality is heaven, if you will.   So when Ben and Hurley have that moment where Hurley says, Ben was a good number 2, and Hurley was a good number 1, they lived full lives on the island as the new protectors, dying presumably many years after Jack, as well as everyone else that was alive, like Kate and Sawyer.  And people like Charlie, Boone, and Locke were already there, because they were already dead.  Of course I assume this all means that the island was just an island, and wasn't purgatory, or hell, or what have you.  Although there was some sort of "magic" there, it was very much in the same plane of reality.

I really liked the finale.  It was a good book end, and I felt it closed a lot of doors.

You got it right. Except that the alternate reality was actually more like a waiting room for heaven or wherever they go where connected souls wait for each other before they move on Did you see the epilogue though? There is an 11 minutes epilogue that concentrates on Ben and Hurley after Jack died. It pretty much reveals any mysteries left. Well, almost. I like the fact that we never found out exactly what the island is and who were the first people that inhabited it. And we never find out who built the statue, the temple and the lighthouse. Did they come before or after Jacob and MiB because there are evidence in favor of both theories.

That's what I like about LOST. You feel like the show had a great closure, but you can still discuss about remaining questions. A mystery is only interesting as long as it's a mystery. Reveal it and the magic is gone. I too liked the finale by the way. I don't understand why a lot of people didn't. They wanted answers and they got one the biggest answers in the end what happens to dead people. Those morons have to be really dumb not to realize that LOST always had an afterlife mystery.

Edited by GTAvanja
darthYENIK

I was watching it on instant watch for Netflix, and they didn't have the epilogue. I heard about it, though.

I do like the mystery, as well. You can't know everything. You don't need to know everything. Finding out how Jacob and the man in black came to be, was all that we really needed to know.

Yokelsson

The epilogue kinda has the season 3 feel to it. It's only available in DVD set or if you download it from somewhere. I don't think anyone would mind if you do.

Andyzoot
Lol just realised the entire concept of Mad Men is taken from an old episode of The Simpsons (bit of a spoiler that). Matthew Weiner is a thief! tounge.gif

Wouldn't say the entire concept...unless I missed the episode where Principal Skinner works at a New York ad agency in the 60's and experiences the cultural changes of the decade?

I was saying it a bit jokey lol. But still, it had been a long time since I'd seen that episode and I thought "lol... Mad Men."

(That's right I think "lol" and italicise TV show titles in my mind)

I mean I guess it was a different war but both Dick and Armin were f*ck-ups before they adopted someone elses life. I know it's a random comparison but I been watching a lot of Mad Men lately...