Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Criminal Enterprises
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

TV series general chat


jelly
 Share

Recommended Posts

I rewatched Seinfeld recently,really great sitcom,one of the classics from the 90s.

 

I've seen Chernobyl too,good show,it made me interested in learning more about what happened there.

 

While I haven't seen the whole show,I've seen a few episodes of the last season of The Americans.It's interesting,I'll try watch the entire show when I get a chance.

 

I also started watching Peaky Blinders.Great show,among my favorite newer British shows.Not to mention the show being about old school English gangs makes me wanna play some Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been watching that 1987 made for TV version of Beauty and the Beast. Four episodes in and it's pretty decent.
Other than that, just been trying to get in the spooky mood by watching Halloween episodes from random classic sitcoms and cartoons.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw the first episode of the reboot of Dexter, called Dexter New Blood.

 

I usually never like reboots, but damn it's awesome, Debra replaces Harry as his imaginary companion, it just totally fits.

 

Yeah the last season of the original Dexter series was total crap, but the reboot might be really really good. I got high hopes for this series, and i really hope it's not just one season.

 

Edit: Just googled it, it will only be one season, to give Dexter the proper ending it deserved. 

 

Well i can live with it. Everything is better than the end of original Dexter.

Edited by Mexicola9302
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since it's getting cold out, I've started my annual rewatch of Yuri!!! On Ice. I'm still a sobbing mess. 😭❤️

 

Gonna rewatch Sherlock, and a few Christmas specials of Doctor Who soon too lol

Edited by Bella Odessa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Twitch streamer had watchparty for Midnight Mass on netflix so i decided to take part on watching it.

Pretty good but very strange and freaky show. I recommend it for pinge watching.

Edited by Mktz1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started the live action Cowboy Bebop on Netflix.  After one episode I’m impressed.  Love the cast, and they really do a good job capturing the tone and style of the original.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a really crappy show, 13 Reasons Why has a lit soundtrack. 😆👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Bella Odessa said:

For a really crappy show, 13 Reasons Why has a lit soundtrack. 😆👍

Completely forgot about that show. I watched the first season, and maybe some episodes of the 2nd but then stopped as it was getting a bit sh*te. Can't remember why. But I did enjoy the first series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched Fear the walking Dead season 7  episode 7 - The Portrait , and this episode has the air time of November 27th 2021 on it's episode thumbnail , I guess having AMC+ gives me early access  or someone jumped the gun and showed  the episode early?

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

                                                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                                                                           On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mister Pink said:

Completely forgot about that show. I watched the first season, and maybe some episodes of the 2nd but then stopped as it was getting a bit sh*te. Can't remember why. But I did enjoy the first series.

I just could not for the life of me get into the series. Like, it was just too unrealistic and way over the top for me. 😅

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to try and watch wheel of time on amazon prime, even they'll I don't care for Rosamund Pike acting 

 

watched a bit and it' has to much ambient music and Twilight like, not for me

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

                                                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                                                                           On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This Polish TV show on Netflix is Fun.

ULTAVIOLET,,,not the movie of same name

An online community of amateur sleuths use technology to solve crimes -- and make quirky friends -- in their quest for justice.

Watch Ultraviolet | Netflix Official Site

 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7514746/mediaviewer/rm2823719681/?ref_=tt_ov_i

Edited by Failed Again
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2021 at 6:36 PM, Mister Pink said:

Completely forgot about that show. I watched the first season, and maybe some episodes of the 2nd but then stopped as it was getting a bit sh*te. Can't remember why. But I did enjoy the first series.

 

Yeah, I think I had to give it up somewhere in the final season. Just got worse and worse every year. Definitely a show that should have just been a one and done.

 

 

For me, I've been watching Dexter: New Blood. I don't remember the original series finale being nearly as bad as people claim it to be but the show over all had gotten really repetitive and probably went on 3 or 4 seasons longer than it should have.

 

New Blood offers a refreshing twist on the original but at the same time is comfortingly familiar. If you liked the original that is. Watching is a little bittersweet knowing this is likely the final end for Dexter, though.

 

I also started Yellowjackets. Just base on the premise it feels like something that should be right up my alley but almost nothing about it is working for me. I was kind of hoping for a more modern take on Lord of the Flies with girls, and they keep teasing that, but the writers seem relentlessly devoted to focusing the bulk of their time on much less interesting things.

 

I'll likely finish the season just because I've got Showtime cheap for a couple months but it's definitely not something I'm going to sign up for more of next year.

 

Speaking of Showtime, anyone got any new-ish TV show recommendations from them? I've seen the "classics" Dexter, Californication, Weeds, but I haven't had Showtime in at least five years. I tried a couple episodes of Billions and really didn't like it and sort of lost interest in Homeland around season three.

  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna do a rerun of Game of Thrones, this time in UHD 2160p with HDR, finally no more blocky pixels. Hooray.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just finished the first 2 series of Narcos: Mexico. Excellent show. I need to go back and finish the original Narcos that focusses on the Cali Cartel. For some reason I stopped watching it. 

 

I'd love a GTA that dealt with the Mexican and Colombian cartels. Inspired by Sicario and Narcos. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2021 at 1:43 AM, DexMacLeod said:

 

Yeah, I think I had to give it up somewhere in the final season. Just got worse and worse every year. Definitely a show that should have just been a one and done.

 

 

For me, I've been watching Dexter: New Blood. I don't remember the original series finale being nearly as bad as people claim it to be but the show over all had gotten really repetitive and probably went on 3 or 4 seasons longer than it should have.

 

New Blood offers a refreshing twist on the original but at the same time is comfortingly familiar. If you liked the original that is. Watching is a little bittersweet knowing this is likely the final end for Dexter, though.

 

I also started Yellowjackets. Just base on the premise it feels like something that should be right up my alley but almost nothing about it is working for me. I was kind of hoping for a more modern take on Lord of the Flies with girls, and they keep teasing that, but the writers seem relentlessly devoted to focusing the bulk of their time on much less interesting things.

 

I'll likely finish the season just because I've got Showtime cheap for a couple months but it's definitely not something I'm going to sign up for more of next year.

 

Speaking of Showtime, anyone got any new-ish TV show recommendations from them? I've seen the "classics" Dexter, Californication, Weeds, but I haven't had Showtime in at least five years. I tried a couple episodes of Billions and really didn't like it and sort of lost interest in Homeland around season three.

Just watch "Shameless US", yeah sure it's not new-ish, but definitely a damn good show, incase you haven't watched that yet. The cast is great, and overall it's a damn fun to watch show, it's dramatic and funny at the same time. I still haven't watched the last season, but i probably do that after i finished my Game of Thrones rerun. Oh yeah it's great watching GoT in such high resolution, back when i watched it for the first time, it was often a blocky pixel mess, not in UHD it just looks great.

 

William H. Macy plays such an useless asshole of a father it's unbelievable, i never liked that actor in anything before, but in Shameless US he is great.

 

I also liked Dexter, Californication and Weeds. They were all good shows.

 

If your into geeky stuff, and also like HBO series, i can recommend "Silicon Valley", it's so damn funny i had to laugh real hard sometimes, the cast is awesome, especially the "satanist" character, damn he is awesome. I almost binged the whole series, also will do a rerun of it at some point, maybe in a year or two.

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Finally started to watch the City of God movies tv series spinoff City of Men Cidade dos Homens.

I used to watch it sometimes back in the days as kid when it was coming from tv back in 2005-2009 or something.

Unfortunately only some episodes are available on youtube and cant find where to watch rest.Well maybe dvd release is available somewhere.

 

Its like the movie city of god but bit more amateurish feeling and not as violent although still shows the hard reality of kids living in favela slums of brazil.

City_of_Men.jpg

Ive been planning to start for years to watch it. i actually started one time to watch but then kind of forgot/wasnt motivated at the time to watch it.

Edited by Mktz1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember watching that City of Men. It's been so long I can't remember much of it. It was the probably the first time I viewed a TV series based on a the film. 

 

Speaking of TV series based on films, I'd recommend Gomorrah. I've only watched first season but it was really engaging. Suburra too. Suburra is criminally underrated. 

 

As it's based on real events of the Mafia, you can look up news articles relating to both shows. 

 

Gomorrah

 

 

Suburra

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Mktz1 said:

Finally started to watch the City of God movies tv series spinoff City of Men Cidade dos Homens.

I used to watch it sometimes back in the days as kid when it was coming from tv back in 2005-2009 or something.

Unfortunately only some episodes are available on youtube and cant find where to watch rest.Well maybe dvd release is available somewhere.

 

Its like the movie city of god but bit more amateurish feeling and not as violent although still shows the hard reality of kids living in favela slums of brazil.

City_of_Men.jpg

Ive been planning to start for years to watch it. i actually started one time to watch but then kind of forgot/wasnt motivated at the time to watch it.

I tried watching the series, but felt BS to me somehow, after that really really AWESOME movie.

 

In my country a music star spoke the lines of the main actor, a dude that is hated now Xavier Naidoo. But he did his job very very well doing the voice acting, but i never liked that musician. Apparently he hates jews for some reason.

 

Else i currently am at S07E01 of my Game of Thrones rerun, damn it's worth it watching all of that in that high res.

Edited by Mexicola9302
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

I tried watching the series, but felt BS to me somehow

i actually like amateurishness and low budget feeling of it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mktz1 said:

i actually like amateurishness and low budget feeling of it

I just stopped watching it after i noticed it. It was just a few minutes in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

I just stopped watching it after i noticed it. It was just a few minutes in.

it gets better when you continue watching it.

yeah i know its kinda hard to get motivated to watch it because its kind of what ever when first watching the first episodes but its not even meant to be on level of breaking bad etc 

Edited by Mktz1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started watching Succession last night, saw the first 2 episodes, it seems interesting. I want them to fail miserably and wanna see how they get poor, all these spoiled adult brats. Hopefully the series leads there in the end. HBO series barely ever have a happy end, so yeah i got the feeling it might become true. The only somehow nice character seems to be the weird cousin that lost his job in that amusment park it seems.

 

I know 3 seasons are released already, a 4th will get in production too. Gonna watch season 1 and 2 and half of season 3 over the next few days probably.

 

After that i maybe watch Doom Patrol season 3 and Witcher season 2.

 

Oh yeah and i watched the last season of Shameless US, it was a pretty good ending, not too cheesy or a real happy end. But i somehow saw it coming. But it's a shame that Shameless US ended, i could have watched that for 2 more seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dexter sequel (New Blood) is actually quite alright. It definitely feels a lot like the old show. I mean it helps that I came at it with low expectations given the sh*t the entertainment industry has churned out in the past year.

  • Like 2

The Audiophile Thread

 

XB271HU | TESORO Gram XS | Xtrfy MZ1 | Xbox Elite v2 | Hifiman Sundara | Fiio K9 Pro

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mexicola9302

I watched South Park Post Covid The Return of Covid yesterday, damn it was good, it's a bit over an hour long. Amazon's Alexa in the future, damn i had to laugh in these scenes. :D 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DexMacLeod
On 1/5/2022 at 7:44 AM, DEALUX said:

The Dexter sequel (New Blood) is actually quite alright. It definitely feels a lot like the old show. I mean it helps that I came at it with low expectations given the sh*t the entertainment industry has churned out in the past year.

 

Yeah, I really, really liked New Blood right up until the final few minutes. Kinda preferred the original ending, honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Failed Again

This is Really good.

Great cast, writing and visuals.

 

on Prime US (AMC+) ATM

 

Just finished season1

Great show

Edited by Failed Again
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently got into "The Sinner", it's good. Crime and a bit of mystery in the mix. Bill Pullman as a detective is great to watch. Halfway through season 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Donald Lov

Finished season 2 of HBO's Succesion recently and man... I got to admit, I've never been a fan of post-The Wire HBO, never got on the bandwagon. Everything is very expensive, great actors, stellar production, but the drama was never there for me. Succession has changed that. Not gonna spoil it, but the end of season 2 is one of the finest writing I've ever encountered in a TV show, very Shakespearean. It had been a great while since HBO and mass entertainment in general could provide such dramatic subtlety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mexicola9302

I started watching "Evil" yesterday, it's pretty good, usually im not into religious stuff, but seeing Michael Emerson as a truly evil psychopath is entertaining.

A skeptical female clinical psychologist joins a priest-in-training and a blue-collar contractor as they investigate supposed miracles, demonic possession, and other extraordinary occurrences to see if there's a scientific explanation or if something truly supernatural is at work.

 

 

First i thought, hmm it's a bit ridiculous, all the demons BS and all, but after seeing 12 episodes of the first season yesterday, no it's not so ridiculous, it's actually quite interesting.

 

I only started watching it because of Michael Emerson, i mean Mike Colter and the rest of the cast is good too, but yeah i liked Michael in "Lost" and "Person of Interest". He can play the good guy, the bad guy and the inbetween guy. And oh yeah plays a very good bad guy in that series.

 

Edit: I watched the first season of "Reacher" yesterday, it was actually kinda fun to watch. The cast was pretty good, lots of action, some funny moments, but without the other ppl from the cast, the mainactor can't really pull it off. If the second season plays somewhere else without the rest of the cast, it might really really suck, well depends what the new cast would be. The first season is just 8 episodes long, so it's not so long to watch, it can be binged easily.

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.