2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

TV series general chat

Yeah, at first glance I thought Louis was just a regular run-of-the-mill profane comedian, that cursed for shock value. Then I watched 'Shameless' and became a believer again. He's definitely a funny guy, I'll have to check out the show online some time.

glacial comedic P.I. series

God no. It's so much more than a slow buddy detective comedy. The show could be funny one week, and then do a 180 and go somewhere really 'dark', especially towards the end. Being a Shawn Ryan show, I can't see how it would be 100 % funny and light. Anyway, Logue is amazing as Hank Dolworth - especially in the dramatic scenes, this guy has a really wide range for someone who used to do strictly comedy - and he has great chemistry with Raymond-James. It felt like they were genuinely friends (and as it turns out, they are). Then you've got the great writing, the intricate Chinatown-esque landgrab plot involving two flawed men way out of their element and the comedic banter between the two leads. Glacial? Come on. Granted, the story was slowly paced, but it was never too slow. One season to resolve a big story arc? How is that bad?

Everything about this show was just so damn good; the acting, the atmosphere, the writing, the music, goddamn. But if you're not into it after the first two or three episodes I guess it's just not for you. It had me after ten minutes of the pilot. It's a shame it got axed in its cradle, it could've been so much more. At least the ending was great.

darthYENIK

Louis C.K. is definitely my favorite comedian after Carlin died. Lucky Louie also, was a great show that sadly was ahead of it's time. Luckily (no pun intended), Louie found the right channel, and time to air.

I'm loving my daily TV schedule! There's always a show to watch.

4-5pm: It's Always Sunny In Phildelaphia

5-6pm: Psych

6-7pm: How I Met Your Mother/ Big Bang Theory

7-11pm: Depends on what day it is

Plus, Sons Of Anarchy 3 gonna premier soon in my country so I'm f*cking psyched for it.

Anyone watched Archer, the new spy cartoon on FX? It's pretty hilarious. I like that episode in which Archer and Cyril accidentally kills a hooker.

"Oh my god you kill a hooker!"

"No she's a callgirl."

"When they are dead, they are just hookers!"

Archer is hilarious, they're coming back with a second season (if they haven't already). FX definitely does a good job of picking funny sitcoms.

CongaRats629

Just been watching some retro Peep Show. I had forgotten all about the classic "clean shirt" scene. tounge.gif

-----------------------------------------------

Kids: Look, it's Clean Shirt!

Mark: What does that mean? Isn't that good?

Kids: How'd you get that shirt so clean, mate?

* You can handle this -- use the power of reason, Mark. *

Mark: Look, I know it must be hard being a kid. Not a lot of... schemes. But you know, I'm not the borough. I wish I was, but--

Kids: f*ck off, Clean Shirt!

-----------------------------------------------

I love how people are pissed that the Americans are remaking British shows without considering what drives this.

f*ckING MONEY! The British producers get greedy so they expand. They pitch the show to America and have it remade. Don't you understand that? America isn't poaching British shows, you Brits are selling them to America and then you bitch when they aren't as good as the original. Seriously, stop blaming sh*t remakes on Americans. Most of the time, the original producers, creators, etc are involved throughout the whole remake process ala The Office US, Skins US, Shameless US.

So, if you want to blame anyone blame the Brits associated with this remakes. The Americans are simply doing their job, the Brits are f*cking up the shows.

In all honesty, I don't see why they don't pitch the originals to premium US channels like Showtime, HBO, Starz etc. Or perhaps, Americans need to tell the FCC to get away from Pay TV like it was when Pay TV started.

Regarding the whole British-American transfers, does anybody watch 'Episodes'? It's on BBC2 on Mondays in Britain and I think it's on Showtime on Sunday nights in America. It's pretty good, got a few actors from Green Wing in it if you're into that and then there's Matt Le Blanc as well. It's worth a watch if you get a chance, I expect it's on iPlayer.

Claude Speed.
I started watching Miami Vice two months ago, going to watch the fourth season soon. It seemed a little boring at first but it gets better and addicting.

Not sure if anyone will care about this, especially after the non-existent response to news about it in the Pub topic.

I just got finished watching the entire run of Red Dwarf in response to the aforementioned news of a new series coming in the next year or two. It's a great sitcom from back in the late 80s-late 90s. I got influenced to buy the boxsets after catching a few episodes on Dave in the UK alongside the news of a new series. For those of you who don't know it's a sci-fi sitcom focussed around the crew of the titular mining ship, whose only human survivor is vending machine technician Dave Lister who survives in stasis for three million years. It's pretty amazing if you like enjoy the British sense of humour.

New sig is based of the logo, by the way.

So I just began watching Mad Men Season 1 since FX was playing a marathon on it. But only caught the last three episodes because I was watching a movie before that. Loving it so far but did I miss out on anything for the first 10 episodes?

Elizabeth played by January Jones is my favourite character so far because of the scene where she is pleasuring herself with the washing machine.

Is there anymore Don's flashbacks as a soldier? Those scenes were awesome!

TommyMufc-Champs

I started watching Boardwalk Empire. I'm halfway through the first episode, It's really good and I like the story. Another TV series that has came over from the USA called The Sopranos which starts next week.

So I just began watching Mad Men Season 1 since FX was playing a marathon on it. But only caught the last three episodes because I was watching a movie before that. Loving it so far but did I miss out on anything for the first 10 episodes?

Elizabeth played by January Jones is my favourite character so far because of the scene where she is pleasuring herself with the washing machine.

Is there anymore Don's flashbacks as a soldier? Those scenes were awesome!

No there's only one episode which features flashbacks to the Korean War.

If I was you I would watch the first 10 episodes.

Don Garcia

Elizabeth played by January Jones is my favourite character so far

I'd say, yes.

And January Jones plays Betty.

Elizabeth - short for Betty?

January Jones lucked out at the casting what with Betty being a wooden, emotionless character. She's a terrible actress.

darthYENIK

So predictably The Cape looks like it's going to be cancelled after the first season. I don't blame them. It's just bland at best.

The only reason I really watch it is because Summer Glau is in it, and she's playing neither a space retard or robot.

In other news, 24 has been off the air for almost a year, and I'm starting to get withdrawals. So I re-started watching season 6, the last season I haven't seen.

Edited by darthYENIK

Beavis and Butthead are indeed coming back with new episodes this summer, with Mike Judge of course heading and voicing the duo. Good news to hear, it'll definitely lighten up my summers.

Anybody who calls her Elizabeth should be karate chopped.

Ouch! I actually didnt know what was her character name so I just search it on WikiPedia. Curse you Wiki...

Sons Of Anarchy 3 is coming soon in my country. Yay or nay?

Yokelsson

First half of the season is very nay, but the second half gets things right when they go to Ireland. And the season finale is just so epic!

First half of the season is very nay, but the second half gets things right when they go to Ireland. And the season finale is just so epic!

I've been keeping up to date with Californication. The writing has been on par but hasn't been on the same level as the previous season. Still fantastic though by any means.

The end of latest episode was meh.

Damn, in this week's episode of Chuck Yvonne Strahovsky was belly dancing smile.gif

Whoa! Hot damn havent got to that episode yet.

I'm currently re-watching cancelled shows like Better Off Ted and Reaper. God why did they have to cancel those shows?!? Better Off Ted was a simple laugh-a-minute comedy and Reaper was just epic, can't believe they left the storyline wide open only to be cancelled like that.

Ah well who gives a damn when there's plenty of other good shows. There's this show called Outsourced premiering on my cable tonight and is about a call manager working in India. Might give it a watch later.

There's plenty of fans here. A new topic pops up every once in a while and we usually get some discussion going. Wish I could see it for the first time again.

Whatever you do, stay away from ANY discussion of the show, or you'll spoil it. Season 1 is definitely one of the weaker (read: less incredible) seasons, the best is yet to come. Enjoy.

Oh hell yeah, stay away from discussion. And Wikipedia. Even searching actors name. Just. Don't. Do. It.

I made that mistake with The Sopranos. Searched one of the actors names on Wikipedia and it had a spoiler on their profile. Gutted.

Just finished season 1 of Mad Men. Utterly brilliant icon14.gif (I know that's a short review but what more could a Mad Men newbie add about season 1 tounge.gif)

TommyMufc-Champs

At the moment I'm watching Boardwalk Empire which Is just brilliant. I'm going to watch The Sopranos tonight.

Just watched the final episode of Friday Night Lights. Unintentionally hilarious, incredibly clichéd.

Shouldn't have expected any less.

Just watched the final episode of Friday Night Lights. Unintentionally hilarious, incredibly clichéd.

Some of my friends just eat that sh*t up. I've never seen an episode - is it worth it to watch from the beginning? Is it entertaining bad, or just bad bad?

Waiting impatiently for Game of Thrones. Any month now. Hopefully it doesn't take the same tack as the novels, and actually show up 5 years from now.

Some of my friends just eat that sh*t up. I've never seen an episode - is it worth it to watch from the beginning? Is it entertaining bad, or just bad bad?

Don't get me wrong, I love the series. At times the acting is awkward and in reality it's just a teen soap with a football covering but it's definitely worth checking out. I'd recommend it.