2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

TV series general chat

jelly

If there’s one fictional vehicle I could own. Just one.  It would be the Millennium Falcon.  But if I had another choice, it would be the Delorean from Back to the Future.  BUT... if I had a third, it would be Ecto-1.  BUT BUT BUT! If I had a fourth, it would be the Batmobile from Batman the animated series.  Buuuuut, if I had a fifth choice, one real choice, it would be the Sea Duck from TaleSpin.

TaleSpin is actually a pretty good show.  Go watch it.

Edited by darthYENIK

There's a movie coming on netflix  next week called the platform, looks interesting and I'll watch it,  I set the reminder for netflix to remind me when it shows

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

• 2 weeks later...

What’s everyone watching during the COVID-19 apocalypse?

I’m watching Mythbusters.  It’s such a comfort food of a tv show for me.

Mister Pink

Haven't been watching anything lately, just the odd film here and there. 

But Ozark Season 3, first two episodes release today, for those interested. 

1 hour ago, Mister Pink said:

Haven't been watching anything lately, just the odd film here and there. 

But Ozark Season 3, first two episodes release today, for those interested. 

First two episodes? The whole season released today.

• Like 1

Mister Pink

Ah.. had it in my head they were releasing two at a time for some reason. 

Watched the first episode. Was not disappointed!

Edited by Mister Pink

Detective Phelps

I managed to get up to season 3 of Breaking Bad. So far, my favourite line has been "this my own private domicile and I will not be harassed....... BITCH!"

• Like 3

Bob Loblaw_

Community arrived on Netflix. While I'm happy my favorite sitcom finally is on Netflix, I'm kinda bummed they butchered the Pilot episode.

• Like 1

Candy_Licker

Watchin the new seasons of Narcos: Mexico and Better Call Saul.

Also, what everybody's talking about these days: Tiger King. Really batsh*t crazy freakshow.

Think I'll try to get back into Mr. Robot. After the big hype was gone, I lost track and forgot most of what was going on.

• Like 1

Yeeeeaaa I don't know how much it's actually true, although I reckon with this stuff what is true depends entirely on your point of view, but Tiger King is f*cking mental.

Just when you think it doesn't get any crazier it gets crazier.

Lonely-Martin
20 hours ago, JumpingGigawatts said:

Thinking of giving deadwood a try. Anybody a fan?

Huge! I love that show. I highly recommend it to anyone. A cracking cast that really seemed to relish their roles and as far as HBO TV dramas go, it's right up there with The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and The Wire I feel too. Great theme song for the opening credits too. Definitely worth a try.

• Like 1

JumpingGigawatts
16 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Huge! I love that show. I highly recommend it to anyone. A cracking cast that really seemed to relish their roles and as far as HBO TV dramas go, it's right up there with The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and The Wire I feel too. Great theme song for the opening credits too. Definitely worth a try.

Now 4 episodes in - I’m enjoying it so far. Not what I expected but I’m digging the atmosphere of the town. It’s even made me want to dive back in to RDR

• Like 1

Lonely-Martin
2 hours ago, JumpingGigawatts said:

Now 4 episodes in - I’m enjoying it so far. Not what I expected but I’m digging the atmosphere of the town. It’s even made me want to dive back in to RDR

Glad you're enjoying Deadwood, and likewise here regarding RDR, lol. It can be tricky to recommend a show and this one has some real colourful language and a bit of a rough edge to it that definitely isn't for all but I do love many characters and the way HBO seem to create their believable worlds is great. When they get hold of a genre, they really do them justice I find. :)

TheSantader25

I've been watching Deadwood and The Sopranos for a while now. I'm on the last season for The Sopranos and the 2nd one for Deadwood. Deadwood took a couple of episodes to hook me but now it's absolutely amazing now that I know each character better. Can't wait to see what happens in the end in the Sopranos though I know about the whole "cut to black" ending already. 

• Like 1

In the last few months I've been watching those Marvel cartoons from the 90s,that I watched as a kid (though it was in the mid 2000s,I don't remember them being on TV where I live back in the 90s).So far I've seen Iron Man, Fantastic 4, Silver Surfer, The Incredible Hulk, currently I'm watching X-Men, and finally I'll watch Spiderman.What I love about these cartoons,other than nostalgia and them being pretty good,is that they're all set in the same universe,so characters from one cartoon sometimes appear in another,looking the same as in their own cartoon and often being voiced by the same actors,it's like an animated version of the MCU,but made over a decade before an actual MCU started.I've heard there's also some Avengers cartoon from the 90s set in the same universe,but I don't remember watching that one,but I'll look it up and see if it's good.

73372395_2577699645643657_65029265273640

Edited by GTA-Biker

I watched the Waco Texas mini series  last week  on netflix and it was pretty entertaining and worth the watch, didn't fall asleep once 

Edited by Craigsters
  • Like 1

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

• 2 weeks later...
The Time Ranger
On 4/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, Bob Loblaw said:

Community arrived on Netflix. While I'm happy my favorite sitcom finally is on Netflix, I'm kinda bummed they butchered the Pilot episode.

Yeah I have the first three seasons on dvd, the extended pilot is the way to go. Apart from that I'm thrilled it's on netflix, I haven't watched it in a couple of years so I'm at that sweet spot where I've forgotten a lot of it so at times it's almost like watching episodes for the first time again. 

My big hope is that it might get a surge of popularity on Netflix which might lead to the movie we've all being hoping for. 

• Like 1

Bob Loblaw_
1 hour ago, The Time Ranger said:

Yeah I have the first three seasons on dvd, the extended pilot is the way to go. Apart from that I'm thrilled it's on netflix, I haven't watched it in a couple of years so I'm at that sweet spot where I've forgotten a lot of it so at times it's almost like watching episodes for the first time again. 

My big hope is that it might get a surge of popularity on Netflix which might lead to the movie we've all being hoping for. 

Yeah, the show had a popularity surge recently thanks to netflix, but I think it can grow even higher, tbh. There's also a lot of movie talk coming from the cast so, with the show being on netflix, the chances for the movie happening are now bigger than ever.

Also, IDK if you're aware, but they will be doing a table read on the official youtube channel, maybe they'll talk about the movie there, one can only hope: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/community-table-read-dan-harmon-donald-glover-joel-mchale-1234601209/?fbclid=IwAR1PDw5TGUrgjLdae59OBGafYS7so_SGO_IuGqhPqh16n5A8oCZXuJCbu8k

• Like 1

The Time Ranger

I've been watching New Girl on Netflix, it's nothing outstanding but it's chipper, cheerful and has some laughs along the way. Also Megan Fox just appeared so that was a surprise.

Adrenalist

Been watching the brilliant 70’s TV sitcom “Porridge”. 

Here’s the movie if you’ve an hour and a half to burn:

• Like 1

Naughtius Maximus

To take an advantage of the quarantine, I've started watching The Deuce, and finished the first season just about now. Bold and not shying away on what to show, it's a true successor to The Wire... in fact, I'd say it's one of the best TV products I've seen in that regard. 

To be honest, I wasn't too hyped about James Franco's acting, but he does a pretty good job playing completely different twins, Vincent - the cautious one and Frankie - completely reckless one.

David Simon has stepped up his game in terms of blending love and compassion with realism. You often feel for the show's trademark streetwalkers but there are also moments where you can sympathize with vicious pimps like Larry or C.C... just like how Stringer feels like the most human character in The Wire, from time to time. It would have been Simon's ultimate masterpiece but I acknowledge that it only aired for 25 episodes.

...and Emily Meade is hot! Yeah, I said it!

Edited by Rebel Yell
  • Like 1

Lonely-Martin
17 hours ago, Rebel Yell said:

To take an advantage of the quarantine, I've started watching The Deuce, and finished the first season just about now. Bold and not shying away on what to show, it's a true successor to The Wire... in fact, I'd say it's one of the best TV products I've seen in that regard. 

To be honest, I wasn't too hyped about James Franco's acting, but he does a pretty good job playing completely different twins, Vincent - the cautious one and Frankie - completely reckless one.

David Simon has stepped up his game in terms of blending love and compassion with realism. You often feel for the show's trademark streetwalkers but there are also moments where you can sympathize with vicious pimps like Larry or C.C... just like how Stringer feels like the most human character in The Wire, from time to time. It would have been Simon's ultimate masterpiece but I acknowledge that it only aired for 25 episodes.

...and Emily Meade is hot! Yeah, I said it!

I was gonna watch that show but as soon as I put it on the list, bloody Sky removed it from their boxsets. I'll await the blu ray box to get a bit cheaper and will give it a look.

Though like you said, James Franco isn't an actor to really draw me in but it's always nice to see an actor I may dismiss before prove themselves a good watch. One day I'll be back with a follow up post. :)

darthYENIK
On 4/23/2020 at 2:44 AM, GTA-Biker said:

In the last few months I've been watching those Marvel cartoons from the 90s,that I watched as a kid (though it was in the mid 2000s,I don't remember them being on TV where I live back in the 90s).So far I've seen Iron Man, Fantastic 4, Silver Surfer, The Incredible Hulk, currently I'm watching X-Men, and finally I'll watch Spiderman.What I love about these cartoons,other than nostalgia and them being pretty good,is that they're all set in the same universe,so characters from one cartoon sometimes appear in another,looking the same as in their own cartoon and often being voiced by the same actors,it's like an animated version of the MCU,but made over a decade before an actual MCU started.I've heard there's also some Avengers cartoon from the 90s set in the same universe,but I don't remember watching that one,but I'll look it up and see if it's good.

73372395_2577699645643657_65029265273640

These are part of my Saturday morning cartoon lineup.  I usually watch an episode of X-Men and Spider-Man, then switch it up with the other four.

For a generation this was our introduction to marvel.

4 hours ago, darthYENIK said:

These are part of my Saturday morning cartoon lineup.  I usually watch an episode of X-Men and Spider-Man, then switch it up with the other four.

For a generation this was our introduction to marvel.

It really was,most of the Marvel heroes I knew about as a kid,I was introduced to by these cartoons.

• 4 weeks later...
Mister Pink

Anyone watching The Last Kingdom? Watch the very first episode. Was really impressed. 

• Like 1

Any Westworld fans here?

I enjoyed the first season as much as any season of any show I've ever watched. I thoroughly enjoyed the second season as well, although I didn't think it was quite as much of a masterpiece as the first season. I still thought it was headed in the right direction, though. And then season three I thought was good all the way up until the finale where they kind of ruined the series for me. I just felt left down afterwards, like they didn't deliver in the end, and I can't honestly say I'm too excited for the show moving forward.

Mister Pink
1 hour ago, Utemainner said:

I've heard bout that a lot
it seems cool tv series
I'm gonna watch that after I finish "Preacher"

Yeah man. It's also based on real history which, while I'm not a history guy by any means, it's good to read up on some of the character's that the show is based on. Guys like Alfred the Great that you see in the trailer who wants to unite all the kingdoms. He's more of a scholar and and academic, but finds himself king. His strategies more progressive and less traditional/barbaric. I'm only 4 episodes in but I think I'll certainly continue on.  

Mister Pink

I'm not usually watching reality TV. But recently been distracted with Bondi Rescue. Sometimes it's just heartbreaking. 

And other times it's amazing. Watching someone dead for minutes being resuscitated, 

Edited by Mister Pink