2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

TV series general chat

jelly

5 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

Yeah, that's the part that confuses me. Very odd for an anthology series to do that. I could see me getting confused by actors playing different roles but the show looks fun.

True, the only thing I can think of is the old Carry On movies. Though most of that cast played very similar roles regardless of the flick, lol. Sid James was always the cheeky one,  Kenneth Williams the more straight laced man, and so on.

There is a good selection of actors that just do the one season or some regulars that can't make a season through other commitments and such, some really cool guest roles too, but I feel they do a good job of varying the stories/settings each year and refresh things well. Some good acting here too, which for horror is always a plus, lol.

Hope you enjoy it though, good fun show. :)

Algonquin Assassin
On 9/28/2019 at 6:21 AM, Billy Russo said:

Yeah, that's the part that confuses me. Very odd for an anthology series to do that. I could see me getting confused by actors playing different roles but the show looks fun.

it's like the Monty Python movies when they would all play different roles in every movie or even in the same movie in some cases. 😛

While I've been waiting for more episodes of 1984 I decided to watch Murder House (Season 1) again . I've also picked up the Twilight Zone reboot.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Guest Billy Russo

@SonOfLiberty

So I started watching AHS: Murder House. I'm two episodes in and this is such a mindf*ck and so weird, but I love it. For some reason I had this idea the acting would be cheesy but it's actually really well acted. Great cast, too. The show is just the right mix of weird and suspense. I really don't know what to expect every scene and I love that. 

Algonquin Assassin
9 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

@SonOfLiberty

So I started watching AHS: Murder House. I'm two episodes in and this is such a mindf*ck and so weird, but I love it. For some reason I had this idea the acting would be cheesy but it's actually really well acted. Great cast, too. The show is just the right mix of weird and suspense. I really don't know what to expect every scene and I love that. 

It only gets weirder as it goes on.😉

Trust me by the end you'll be thinking "what the f*ck is going on?". I mean this is my second time watching it and I'm still trying to figure it out. 😛

After reading all the comments, I'm going to jump back in to AHS. I only got half way through the first season and then got distracted by other shows. That was back in 2013. lol. Can't believe there are 9 seasons now. 

• Like 1

Lonely-Martin
3 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

After reading all the comments, I'm going to jump back in to AHS. I only got half way through the first season and then got distracted by other shows. That was back in 2013. lol. Can't believe there are 9 seasons now. 

So easy to do too, we're spoilt for choice in TV and film these days and it's awesome, but easy to forget a gem or see something sneak up on us and forget or miss when another we enjoy gets another season.

The good thing about AHS is that we can dip in and out and if we forget where we're at, it's only the one season to research some episodes or we can squeeze a season in here and there rather than get so sucked in by season finale cliffhangers.

24 with Keifer Sutherland was great for it, but such a bark for leaving me hanging between seasons. And The Shield was too, not all seasons but I remember a huge bombshell moment there that kept me waiting too. The X-Files 2 part episodes used to big time as a teen, it was awesome.

• Like 1

Guest Billy Russo
49 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

So easy to do too, we're spoilt for choice in TV and film these days and it's awesome, but easy to forget a gem or see something sneak up on us and forget or miss when another we enjoy gets another season.

The flip side to this is there's sometimes too much TV. Which seems like a strange thing to complain about, but I find myself getting fatigued pretty often. It's always nice when I find something like American Horror Story that reminds me of why I love TV Shows. For a good month or so, I was completely just burnt out on watching them, way too much to choose from and kept dropping shows after an episode or two.

Edited by Billy Russo

Lonely-Martin
14 minutes ago, Billy Russo said:

The flip side to this is there's sometimes too much TV. Which seems like a strange thing to complain about, but I find myself getting fatigued pretty often. It's always nice when I find something like American Horror Story that reminds me of why I love TV Shows. For a good month or so, I was completely just burnt out on watching them, way too much to choose from and kept dropping shows after an episode or two.

Yeah, I'm one to have phases to be fair. Sometimes I look and nothing sparks my interest but others, I get into a genre or show and it see's me indulge. Luckily a bit of gaming, the kids/Mrs, work and a bit of footie breaks things up well. But absolutely, sometimes when ya fancy something new, there's so much to pick from that we can draw a blank or be overwhelmed by the options.

Plus I find some movies or franchises don't become as loved as easily as they used to. I remember wanting to watch Die Hard or something so many times. But these days, there's so much that to re-watch movies/TV is much harder too with limited time or what-not. I find it's easier to dismiss newer movies that aren't as good too.

There's loads of b-movies or non-commercial stuff that grew huge through the years as they slowly moved around the planet gaining a cult status, there's loads that took me ages to see or get hold of and when I did, it was like Christmas and all I could focus on. I re-watched all my favourites so many times and though plenty are crappy movies compared to the acting and production values today, they grow on us much more to become so loved.

These days, with Sky, Netflix, and more, there's so much good. (And plenty of crap *looks at the E! Channel* lol).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

The good thing about AHS is that we can dip in and out and if we forget where we're at, it's only the one season to research some episodes or we can squeeze a season in here and there rather than get so sucked in by season finale cliffhangers.

24 with Keifer Sutherland was great for it, but such a bark for leaving me hanging between seasons. And The Shield was too, not all seasons but I remember a huge bombshell moment there that kept me waiting too. The X-Files 2 part episodes used to big time as a teen, it was awesome.

So true. I told my parents we are in a golden age of TV and they looked at me funny. They're still stuck on terrestrial TV and although given a Netflix profile, didn't warm to it at all. I think they saw it as a large repository of all films and TV made. Yeah, it has some old series and some classic films but where it shines is originals, new TV and taking a chance. It's a different mindset. I'm sure they would enjoy a ton of shows on Netflix if they were "flicking through" as they would on legacy TV and "it just came on." Something about proactively choosing something that's new as apposed to their current way of just waiting til something comes on is lost on them. 

I wonder if they made it so Netflix just played like old skool TV stations and they could flick through like old skool TV would they warm to it. It's baffling. When I stay with them there's 5 mins of ads and they sit through all that sh*t. I'm like damn.. I just choose what I like and whats good and I don't have to fill my head with all the nonsense.

/rant

But yeah, looking forward to dipping back in to AHS  

• Like 2

Guest Billy Russo
On 10/5/2019 at 10:32 PM, Mister Pink said:

So true. I told my parents we are in a golden age of TV and they looked at me funny. They're still stuck on terrestrial TV and although given a Netflix profile, didn't warm to it at all. I think they saw it as a large repository of all films and TV made. Yeah, it has some old series and some classic films but where it shines is originals, new TV and taking a chance. It's a different mindset. I'm sure they would enjoy a ton of shows on Netflix if they were "flicking through" as they would on legacy TV and "it just came on." Something about proactively choosing something that's new as apposed to their current way of just waiting til something comes on is lost on them. 

I wonder if they made it so Netflix just played like old skool TV stations and they could flick through like old skool TV would they warm to it. It's baffling. When I stay with them there's 5 mins of ads and they sit through all that sh*t. I'm like damn.. I just choose what I like and whats good and I don't have to fill my head with all the nonsense.

/rant

But yeah, looking forward to dipping back in to AHS  

I don't know how anybody watches regular TV anymore. Plus, the fact you need to pay for a TV Licence if you do want to use it over here. I much prefer just using streaming services like Netflix. I can just dip in when I want and watch what I want.

Also:

AHS Murder House is god damn amazing. I'm like halfway through now and it's probably one of the best things I've watched this year. I'm not even sure if I want to watch the other seasons because this has set the bar really, really high.

Murder House is great, Asylum is great, I really liked Freak Show, 1984 isn’t so bad so far.  The rest either try too hard to be edgy, or are just boring.

• Like 1

Anybody been watching South Park? Enjoying it so far. Happy we're seeing more Randy oriented stories again. 

Binged the first season of Ozark loved it.

• Like 1

Guest Billy Russo
2 hours ago, Zello said:

Ozark is fantastic. It was one of those shows that filled that Breaking Bad itch for me. I thought the show had one of the most intense openings of any show I've seen as well. The characters & acting is top notch.

15 hours ago, Zello said:

Really glad you enjoyed it. 

It's one of my favourite shows. 

I noticed yesterday well browsing Netflix that they now have a 1990's film category with about 30 or more films to choose from in it's  1990's  film category, The Psycho remake is in that category too!..

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

Guest Billy Russo

AHS Murder House is finished. Really enjoyed it. Think I'm going to take a break and not jump right in to Season 2. Want to have time to digest this Season and decide if I want to watch more. I'm pretty satisfied after that though. Not sure if I have time to dedicate to watching so many Seasons of it.

Still in the Horror mode though so I'm going to get around to finishing Haunting of Hill House. Another great show that I'm not quite sure I never got around too.

Anyone else watching or have watched The X-Files? My girlfriend and I have watched all 12 seasons once this year and are currently going strong watching season 5 (currently TWD got our attention).

The show is just brilliant. The characters are so well made and I love to see them developing across the seasons. Generally following Special Agent Fox Mulder and Dana Scully doing their job in the FBI, trying to explain the unexplainable is by it self seriously interesting, but returning to the main plot of discovering the truth between episodes keeps me peeled to the TV. Although the later ''classic'' seasons don't include David Duchovny as much, Robert Patrick is doing a pretty damn good job as well, making these seasons worth watching despite the lack of Mulder.

The most recent seasons are not too bad, but can seem confusing, as much have happened since season 9 ended in 2002. It really doesn't feel quite the same, but heck it is still Mulder and Scully, and the humor hasn't gone too far either. Humor is definitely an important element of the series, as I particularly like the episodes that seem rather witty and not as serious.

Billedresultat for x files humbug

Come on, where are my other X-Files fanboys- and girls at?

• Like 1

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

Anyone watch Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal?

I’m so happy to see him get a show like this.  He’s honestly the last great 2D animator.  I don’t think there’s a thing he’s done that I haven’t thoroughly enjoyed.  Primal is no different.  He just knows how to direct action in a way that’s both familiar yet original.  And he goes all out in Primal.  Hyper violent, and also very soulful and heartfelt.

Genndy Tartakovsky is just a great storyteller.

Lonely-Martin
On 10/14/2019 at 1:31 AM, paperbagdude said:

Anyone else watching or have watched The X-Files?

It's been a while, but I loved that show growing up and wouldn't miss an episode. It's all a bit of a blur though so definitely gotta re-watch these. I missed the newest series though but the original stuff was one if those shows that would spook me out as a kid and I loved that. IIRC it's on Amazon Prime so I think I'll get my lad in on that . :)

Algonquin Assassin

Ok AHS 1984 is about half way through and it's....weird lol.

I thought it was just going to be a straight up slasher paying homage to 80s slashers, but then again I guess I should've known better with this bat sh*t insane series.😛

I'm now onto the third season of the show Mad Men. Has anybody else on the forums seen it? It's considered one of the great TV shows but I don't hear people talking about it as much as they talk about other TV greats like Breaking Bad or The Sopranos (probably because there's a lot less killing in Mad Men 😂)

• Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 7:24 AM, LCLegend said:

I'm now onto the third season of the show Mad Men. Has anybody else on the forums seen it? It's considered one of the great TV shows but I don't hear people talking about it as much as they talk about other TV greats like Breaking Bad or The Sopranos (probably because there's a lot less killing in Mad Men 😂)

Just watched the first few episodes and instantly loved it. Put it on hold, got distracted with shows I'm watching with the gf. But it's brilliant. I love it. 

Speaking of shows nobody is watching on these forums. Ozark. It's so overlooked, yet so good. Wasn't a fan of Jason Bateman but he nails the role of an accountant turned money launderer for a cartel. It's gritty, dark. It's full of all those shady plots people do against each other. Those political power-plays between people with interests and are all vying for one thing. 

Season 3 is being worked  on as we speak. 

Another show, I've only met one person IRL that watches it is Suburra. Italian Netflix original, TV show based on a film. it's great. It's a bit like GTA set in Rome. Local legacy crime family, one mysterious guy that represent the Mafia which we rarely see and everyone is petrified of, and a local fixer for that Mafia guy, a gypsy gang and some outcasts from those factions/families bandying together, to try undermine the Mafia trying to take control over a part of near Rome (Ostia) as if they control that port, they control all the drugs coming in to Rome. If the Mafia get the port they own Rome. Traditionally the Mafia didn't operate in Rome. It's really a great show. Also, The Vatican are trying to get that piece of land too. So, you have all sorts of corruption and a idealistic independent politician, gets flipped over the whole season and ends up doing almost on Walter White levels of character transition.  It's not the Sopranos or The Wire but it has moments like this shows. 

Edited by Mister Pink

20 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

Speaking of shows nobody is watching on these forums. Ozark. It's so overlooked, yet so good. Wasn't a fan of Jason Bateman but he nails the role of an accountant turned money launderer for a cartel. It's gritty, dark. It's full of all those shady plots people do against each other. Those political power-plays between people with interests and are all vying for one thing. 

Season 3 is being worked  on as we speak. 

Finished Season 2 cant wait for Season 3.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Just watched the first few episodes and instantly loved it. Put it on hold, got distracted with shows I'm watching with the gf. But it's brilliant. I love it.

Glad to see another fan on here! I don't hear much talk about it, I'm liking the show a lot thus far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 11:04 PM, LCLegend said:

Glad to see another fan on here! I don't hear much talk about it, I'm liking the show a lot thus far.

For sure dude, yeah! Some people either love it or hate it. Myself and herself got hooked on it straight away. 

Got into Bojack Horseman I'm in love with this show. It reminds me so much of Entourage only with animals and if Johnny Drama were the main character.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 2

Guest Billy Russo

Really enjoyed the new Netflix show Daybreak

It doesn't take itself too seriously, and is a lot of fun. Not only that it's really beautifully shot, paced and the scenery is really well done. The characters also have so much personality and vibrancy to them.

Duhillestpunk

M*A*S*H was such a great show. It had its funny moments. Sad moments. And heartfelt moments. Every actor and actress in that show played their characters so well. Hell you know a show is excellent when it makes you cry. The show did make me tear up a handful of times. Like that time Henry Blake died. I was like “oh crap”. But I think the most saddest moment was in the episode...

“Period of adjustment”. Radar left back to the states and everyone at the 4077 was sad he was gone all except for Klinger and BJ. Klinger was upset because (since he had taken Radars job as a company clerk. He was expected to be better or at least the same as Radar). Klinger however wasn’t so good at it and was struggling with the mail and calls. He was scolded for being well not good at that. Everyone at the 4077 was used to Radar getting stuff done with ease. BJ wasn’t mad at Radar at first until his wife sent him a letter. She wrote that she and their daughter saw Radar at the airport and BJs daughter called him “daddy”. That upset him because before he left for Korea, his daughter was really young and didn’t know. But she was older and mistakenly called Radar dad because he was wearing the uniform. So that made BJ pissed and sad (I’d be too). So later in the episode Hawkeye (BJs best friend) is informed by Winchester that BJ has been in the Swamp (the hut where BJ, Hawkeye, and Winchester slept) drinking and was pissed drunk. Hawkeye goes and sees what’s up. He finds out the reason why BJs upset is because of the contents of the letter. BJ and Hawkeye end up getting into a fight before BJ knocks Hawkeye out cold and leaving the Swamp in a fit of rage. Later in the episode they are found in the Potters office even more drunk after the two broke into his liquor cabinet. Klinger is taken to the clerk part of the office and is talked to by Potter. He tells him that he’s no Radar but he’s Klinger and he should do thinks the Max Klinger way and if he needs help just to knock on Potters door.

I saved BJs for last because it made me speechless and very sad on the verge of tearing up.

Hawkeye and BJ talk and BJ apologises for hitting his best friend. They talk about why BJ was upset and BJ just breaks down. About Radar and another soldier who left “Macintyre” but he never knew him as BJ stated. Hawkeye calms him down and says “Someday we'll all go home”. The final part of the episode is Hawkeye, Klinger, and BJ rebuilding the Still and all having a toast to Radar.

This episode was great for a lot of reasons but I thought it was great showing how a good peaceful minded man like BJ have a complete breakdown. It made the show seem natural. Just because a character was strong minded didn’t mean that they couldn’t be emotional.

Edited by Duhillestpunk
I didn’t mention everything in this episode I mentioned just the hard hitting parts. Give it a watch. Seriously you won’t be disappointed.

Guest Billy Russo

Has anybody watched Living With Yourself with Paul Rudd yet? It looks interesting, I think I'm going to give it a go. I really enjoy Paul Rudd, and I'm actually in the mood for a drama sort of series.