2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

TV series general chat

As far as the new episode goes, I'm anticipating the rest of the season. Jesse and Michael seem to have worked out there differences, thanks to the help of Mom. I really can't wait to see where the list will take the plot

One thing I hated was how in the new episode they left that thief girl handcuffed with a cell phone and the f*cking chemical weapon. She could have easily just called someone to pick her up and sell the weapon.

Edited by Unoriginal44
  • 4 weeks later...
darthYENIK

I'm hearing rumors that the Good Guys is gonna be done on Fox. The rumor, or at least wishful thinking is that USA will pick it up, considering their success with shows like Psyche and Burn Notice.

EDIT: And the Good Guys is canceled. Fox can sell sh*t. Or maybe I should say, they only sell sh*t.

Edited by darthYENIK

Watched the entire Psych series over the past few days, and I love it still. Definitely a show to watch with any audience. Burn Notice ended on the typical what-happens-next note, but I liked it quite a bit. The finale really tensed up with Michael's mother getting kidnapped.

Sucks about the Good Guys, that show looked like it could have gone somewhere.

darthYENIK

Yeah, it wasn't mindblowing, but definitely entertaining. Dan Stark (and Frank Savage in that case) could have been a legend. I hear they'll be showing re-runs on Fox, Saturdays at 11pm. I was hoping they'd go to basic cable somewhere, but that's not looking good. The real shame is no more Jenny Wade on a weekly basis. First she gets taken away from us on Reaper, and now this.

• 2 weeks later...

The first two episodes of Californication Season Four leaked a few days ago. One of my favourite shows and the writing continues to entertain. Needless to say, Hank is the man.

Yokelsson

Watched the entire Psych series over the past few days, and I love it still. Definitely a show to watch with any audience.

PINEAPPLES!

Psych is amazing. Best comedy show ever. I love everything about it. 80's references, other TV shows and movie references are awesome. Even minor characters are awesome. The most awesome episodic character is definitely Pierre Despereaux (WHAAAAAAAAT)

user posted image

I'm a rabid fan of the show. I even know where all the pineapples are.

I enjoyed the High School reunion episode where Shaun started doing the Footloose dance on the roof. One of the few 80's references I love beyond reason. The show is definitely on my list of best comedies on cable today. Still need to catch some of the episodes I missed on the earlier fifth season, like Dual Spires.

DarkYenik, hopefully The Good Guys might get looked at again by another company in the future. It was a pretty fun show to watch, and for some reason it was refreshing to see the cop partner line-up again.

Yokelsson
I enjoyed the High School reunion episode where Shaun started doing the Footloose dance on the roof. One of the few 80's references I love beyond reason. The show is definitely on my list of best comedies on cable today. Still need to catch some of the episodes I missed on the earlier fifth season, like Dual Spires.

You know they're making fun of Twin Peaks in that episode, right?

You know they're making fun of Twin Peaks in that episode, right?

Never made the connection between dual spires and twin peaks. rolleyes.gif

Yokelsson

I'm in a spy mode these days. I'm burning through Chuck episodes like crazy. I watched 3 whole seasons in the last week. It's awesome. A bit naive sometimes and with a couple of cheap twists but it's really awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Burn Notice is a nice Spy Throwaway action thriller. Catch it if you haven't yet.

I've just finished watching Dexter Season 3, and am moving on to season four right now. It was a wonderful season, just like the former two. Hopefully four will be pretty amazing, because I'm getting the hint that five didn't deliver nearly as well.

Also, I'm starting Sopranos season 2 in synch with it's original air date ten years ago. Every week I'll be watching the corresponding episode.. it's like a time machine! Except there's no commercials for Eminem cds or Gladiator, now in theatres.

makeshyft

Don't know if this'll spoil the moment, but around October, 2011, they'll remove the World Trade Center from the opening sequence.

I'm in a spy mode these days. I'm burning through Chuck episodes like crazy. I watched 3 whole seasons in the last week. It's awesome. A bit naive sometimes and with a couple of cheap twists but it's really awesome.

It's aweomse isn't it?!?

I like what they are doing in Season 4. Morgan being pushed into a bigger role, Sarah trying to find out what her family truly is and Chuck finally realizing that being a spy is all that he wish to do. Buy More crew still suck though.

Yokelsson

It's awesome isn't it?!?

I love it when you say that word. AWESOME!

user posted image

I DECAPITATED A BEAR!!!!

user posted image

Love that show. Taking it slow with season 4 because it sucks having to wait a week between episodes. Think I've watched four so far, and so far it's a lot better than season 3, which I didn't mind as much as other seem to do, even if it was a huge step down from season 2 with all the angst and whatnot.

I'm really glad it's a 24 episode order this year, season's not even half way done yet. Let's hope NBC keeps making sh*tty shows so we get a fifth season.

Edited by Gronf
Yokelsson
I DECAPITATED A BEAR!!!!

user posted image

Love that show. Taking it slow with season 4 because it sucks having to wait a week between episodes. Think I've watched four so far, and so far it's a lot better than season 3, which I didn't mind as much as other seem to do, even if it was a huge step down from season 2 with all the angst and whatnot.

I'm really glad it's a 24 episode order this year, season's not even half way done yet. Let's hope NBC keeps making sh*tty shows so we get a fifth season.

Season 3 was kinda depressive. It wasn't bad, just a lot more serious and a lot less humor. I love the 4th so far. Things are balanced again.

Yeah, but then you had the glorious back six which was all about the campy fun (except for vs the Tooth, but that one had Christopher Lloyd so that evened it out). And vs the Beard was just awesome - "f*ckin' A" guy from Office Space and The Drew Carey Show playing a villain on a mission from a campy supervillain organization? Yes please! And the Jeffster interpretation of "Fortunate Son" to that montage was just... inlove.gif

Edited by Gronf

***MAJOR DEXTER SPOILERS BELOW****

Just watched the season four finale of Dexter. Had to be the most anxious gut-wrenching show I've ever seen. The entire hour I was just anchored to the seat thinking of how Dexter was about to be found out. Then when he finally gets what he wants and comes home to that surprise, it really made it into something suberb. Seriously surprised the f*ck outta me, and left me thinking where Dexter could possibly go now. All in all, probably one of the best seasons of any television program I've seen.

One thing to mention: I know I'm probably building myself up for a big let-down on SE5, but I had to point out how I good I've thought Dexter to be so far.

Edited by Unoriginal44

Heads-up: season five sucks. Or at least that seemed to be the consensus among those who watched the show on a weekly basis. Maybe it sucks less if you don't have to wait a week between episodes - I certainly hope so for your sake.

Are there any good TV programs similar to the soprano's, if not maybe about Gangs? somthing that revolves that sort of criminality.

Might find Breaking Bad quite good. Not really any gangs but it's got crime, comedy and a f*cked up protagonist who likes screwing his family around.

Started watching Mad Men, see what all the fuss is about. 4 episodes in, finding it pretty good. Amazing script, characters are becoming better with ever episode and I'm thinking Don Draper is the spiritual successor to Tony Soprano. I'm intrigued.

(Still wish Breaking Bad season 3 would hurry the f*ck up and come to the UK/out on DVD)

darthYENIK

Man, NBC really sucks with new shows lately. First the Event. I like the premise, but like Heroes, it just has some real boring episodes. And now the Cape. It has some moments, but overall it was a boring premiere. Why can't the bad shows go to Fox where they are bound and determined to cancel good shows within one season, and the good shows go to NBC where they seem bound and determined to help a show thrive even if it sucks. I mean look at Heroes. It lasted at least two seasons two long. And then look at any number of Fox shows like Firefly, Arrested Development, and even the Family Guy when it was funny and original.

Anyway, this isn't really TV news, but it involves the best miniseries of all time. The real life Dick Winters from the show Band of Brothers passed away.

R.I.P., You've earned it.

Don Garcia

I'm reading some cool reports concerning AMC programming; a quote from Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston that could mean something real cool. Concerning Breaking Bad's return in July rather than the usual late winter slot, he said:

It was a decision from AMC that they wanted to position us in July... They want to attract as many eyeballs as possible, away from the heavy competition of the September, November [or] January start.

I believe they're going to put Walking Dead in July as well

And I'm assuming Mad Men will stay in its regular summer slot. So, I/we could be looking at an awesome summer block of Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men. Goddamn that would rock the sh*t so hard.

Finn 7 five 11

Family guy has really gone downhill, they have some really un-funny scenes that go for waaay too long way to often in newer episodes.

ANyone watched the show $#!t my dad says? it is coming here to Australia, and the previews don't look so great, has anyone watched it?

AnthMUFC-Champs

I personally cant wait for the new Sky Atlantic channel to arrive in the UK as there should be some decent shows to watch mainly from America. At the moment however i have been watching Ice Road Truckers Deadliest Roads on History. Three truckers take on the most dangerous roads in the world taking on 3000 foot cliffs and crazy traffic, very interesting and nerve racking to watch.

I'm reading some cool reports concerning AMC programming; a quote from Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston that could mean something real cool. Concerning Breaking Bad's return in July rather than the usual late winter slot, he said:

It was a decision from AMC that they wanted to position us in July... They want to attract as many eyeballs as possible, away from the heavy competition of the September, November [or] January start.

I believe they're going to put Walking Dead in July as well

And I'm assuming Mad Men will stay in its regular summer slot. So, I/we could be looking at an awesome summer block of Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men. Goddamn that would rock the sh*t so hard.

Oh man, TWD in July would rock my socks off. Keeping it away from TV until Halloween because of some dumbass marketing ploy would be so mean.

btw I feel the need to vent this: Deadwood is goddamn amazing.

darthYENIK

Yeah, the walking dead really seems more like a summer show. It always looks so damn hot in Georgia.

I just watched the first episode of Shameless, on Showtime. I was impressed. William H. Macy looks like a shoo-in for an Emmy.