3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

TV series general chat

Justified is fantastic (although far from the best of the 2010 FX shows if you get what I mean). Timothy Olyphant might be a boring man, sure, and he might not even understand the scripts he reads, but he's a damn fine actor. If you're looking for angry lawmen, this guy conveys anger like no other man on television. His work is really subtle for the most part because he rarely gets a chance to go apesh*t like he did in every other episode of Deadwood but it's there. If you're not into it by episode four, you should call it a day.

@GTAvanja: Speaking of Justified, is it a good show? I hear Timothy Olyphant is a boring man.

I think he's a good actor. I really like the character of Raylan Givens that he portrays in Justified. Crazy motherf*cker, easy on the trigger. But the best character by far is his outlaw friend from childhood, Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins).

I feel the wick being lit once again for Breaking Bad.

These first two episodes, excluding one moment, have been "slow", if I could use that in a 50/50 positive/negative way. I'm hoping something more major happens in the next episode, but I'm already satisfied with episode 3 just due to the fact that in the preview I'm pretty sure I saw one of my favorite comedians, Bill Burr, making his premiere. I'm digging that casting.

______

"Walter, you're never gonna see him again."

Was it Mike that told Walt to go home? The people on IMDB aren't sure. And I'm thinking both Mike and Gus bite it this season.

May I ask what you all think of the series Numb3rs?

Actor Judd Hirsche stars, from Taxi? Ring any bells? I am anything but a math whiz but see there are some here, I wonder if the equations posed are over the top, real? How about the premise of the show?

http://www.tnt.tv/series/numb3rs/?SR=sr3_356523_go

user posted image

Edited by Slamman
I feel the wick being lit once again for Breaking Bad.

These first two episodes, excluding one moment, have been "slow", if I could use that in a 50/50 positive/negative way. I'm hoping something more major happens in the next episode, but I'm already satisfied with episode 3 just due to the fact that in the preview I'm pretty sure I saw one of my favorite comedians, Bill Burr, making his premiere. I'm digging that casting.

______

"Walter, you're never gonna see him again."

Was it Mike that told Walt to go home? The people on IMDB aren't sure. And I'm thinking both Mike and Gus bite it this season.

Nothing happened this week. Terrific drama as always, sure, but the plot was just treading water. Had I been binging through the show that would have been just fine, but now I kind of want it to move along. Was great to see Jim Beaver selling Walt a gun. I'm think that was Gus on the phone by the way, but I don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things. I'm basing this purely on the way he said 'Walter' so it's not an exact science. And how awesome was that zombie discussion? Love those two.

The zombie debate seemed pretty cheese to me. I understood it, hurr, I'm young. But I put myself in my father's shoes, he watches the show, and I couldn't help but feel as I know he would feel: "What the f*ck are they talking about and can they hurry this up?"

Jesse needs to die already. He's been breaking down for 3+ seasons now and I can no longer stomach him acting like a badass in one episode, leading me on to think he's gonna be the tough one in the duo, only to go into weepy bitch mode the next episode.

______

Hank has become a f*cking prick. Much more so at least. Marie don't deserve that sh*t.

M. H. Hunter III

Anyone else feel that the Entourage premiere, it fell flat IMO except for Ari who always shines in the series. The rest of episode was just not that interesting and while I wasn't expecting something huge to happen in the opener it didn't feel right for the last season to start like this.

Oddly the Top Gear US season 2 opener went a lot better and was funnier then I expected from it.

And Breaking Bad I do agree with starting slow is a bit annoying but it's not bad aside from Skylar still being a bitch.

Also didn't care for how much time was spent on Jesse for no real reason other then padding, I get it, hes dealing with that at anytime Gus can have him killed.

Hank is really being a dick himself too and wouldn't be surprised if Marie and him get divorced by seasons end. The mofo cares more about rocks minerals then his own wife who is always trying her best to help him recover.

Edited by Master Headhunter

Saw the ad for it, and the Seasonal DVDs in the store, but I don't get why you'd watch it unless you know some of the cast. What's the appeal for a particular show, do tell!?

The zombie debate seemed pretty cheese to me. I understood it, hurr, I'm young. But I put myself in my father's shoes, he watches the show, and I couldn't help but feel as I know he would feel: "What the f*ck are they talking about and can they hurry this up?"

Jesse needs to die already. He's been breaking down for 3+ seasons now and I can no longer stomach him acting like a badass in one episode, leading me on to think he's gonna be the tough one in the duo, only to go into weepy bitch mode the next episode.

______

Hank has become a f*cking prick. Much more so at least. Marie don't deserve that sh*t.

Needs to die? Woah, that's a little strong isn't it? I admit, I'm getting a bit tired of this whole "Jesse's on drugs" stuff which they seem to keep bringing back again and again but I don't want him to die until at least the last season. I think the writers were just struggling for something to do for Jesse while Walter was off buying a gun etc.

Anyone else feel that the Entourage premiere, it fell flat IMO except for Ari who always shines in the series. The rest of episode was just not that interesting and while I wasn't expecting something huge to happen in the opener it didn't feel right for the last season to start like this.

I've given up on that show, as previously stated. Ari is the only good thing, and that's kind of wearing thin.

EDIT: holy sh*t Clarissa Explains it All is on!

Edited by darthYENIK

Just watched the new episode of weeds, and the moment I've been waiting 4 years for is finally here. Heylia is back. And Dean too!

I didn't know Sons Of Anarchy is aired in the UK. I thought it was being aired on Sky1 but I was going through the channels and found season three on 5USA.

I'm so in love with Sons Of Anarchy Season 3. Finally got to the part where they have finally arrived at Ireland.

Really love how season 3 keeps switching scenes from Charming to Belfast back and forth back and forth. Makes you really see how important each of the characters are in the storyline. The Teller's family tree looks pretty f*cked up.

I really didn't enjoy most of the episodes from season 3. They seemed to be lacking direction. But the finale was extremely awesome.

Ahhhhhhhhh everyone keeps telling me the finale is mindblowing!

So just started digging into Californication. Burned through Seasons 1-3 and just now started 4. Hank Moody is probably the most bastard character I know. But I really like him, I like the sort of guys who just didn't give a sh*t about the world.

Anyone here ever seen Heros? I have the boxset sitting here on my shelf that my brother borrowed from his ex and never gave back, now its my understanding that its humans with supernatural abilities?

Worth a go or is it a load of sh*t?

Damn right it gone downhill till death. Season 1 was the sh*t! Was a huge fan of it back then... then came 2, 3, 4 and poof! It's gone!

I respect what they were trying to pull off in 4 by bringing T-Bag in but the show had never recovered from the bullsh*t mess from 2. I like to think that Season 2 never happened and it just ended at the finale of 1. It looks so much better that way.

Anyone else like I that lately have been watching reruns of 2 Stupid Dogs? It appears CN is temporaily bringing the show back on air and over here it airs at 2:30 PM on weekdays. The funner part of that show is the second of the three mini-episodes, ones that star a squirrel named Secret and a mole named Morrocco (Is that what it's spelled?). I have liked the two, lately I remember having dreams of them. Plus I made two billboards of that show in GTA San Andreas, I even added a Ballas gang tag to most of the ones in eastern Los Santos.

Edited by MattDet

Yeah, I've always liked 2 Stupid Dogs. It was like those old Hanna Barberra cartoons, but with a more modern sense of humor. And it wasn't completely retarded, like how cartoons have gone today, where it's all about oddity and cheap laughs.

Yeah, I've always liked 2 Stupid Dogs.  It was like those old Hanna Barberra cartoons, but with a more modern sense of humor.  And it wasn't completely retarded, like how cartoons have gone today, where it's all about oddity and cheap laughs.

Have you too been watching the reruns lately? I am tomorrow and can't wait!

Any of you guys dig (CBS's) The Good Wife? It seems like they're actually making it more interesting then usual. It lulled into a typical court drama after the lead characters story was passed...because of the serial nature of a TV show! Always hurts plotting

Just heard that PBS is resurrecting Mr. Roger's Neighborhood but that resurrection is animated and it's main character is a tiger. confused.gif

EDIT: Oh my word, 2 Stupid Dogs is on right now as I type!

EDIT 2: The show ended about 25 minutes ago. Can't remember what that first episode was. The second one, it started out where Morrocco (again, that's my guess on his name) held an egg and cumlitivated into a semi truck heading after Secret. The third one was something about toilets. Did anyone else watch today's episodes?

Edited by MattDet

So, what's your prediction for this season of Breaking bad? Does anyone remember the flashforward in season 2 (can someone help me out with the episode) of Walt crawling in a desert, surrounded by dead bodies? That didn't actually happen yet. Do you think they forgot about it? It was a long time ago.

Yeah, I've always liked 2 Stupid Dogs.  It was like those old Hanna Barberra cartoons, but with a more modern sense of humor.  And it wasn't completely retarded, like how cartoons have gone today, where it's all about oddity and cheap laughs.

Have you too been watching the reruns lately? I am tomorrow and can't wait!

No, I watched it when it was originally on.