2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

TV series general chat

Also digging the return of Psych and Burn Notice later this year. Guilty pleasures, both of 'em.

Why is Psych a guilty pleasure? Psych is awesome. It's probably the best comedy show on TV in years (if not ever). The most original too in terms of characters and story. And you gotta love all of the 80's references (among other references).

Let me ask you this: are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Began watching Mad Men season 4. Up to Episode 5 now. Took Kenny Cosgrove long enough to show up. He's one of my favourite minor characters in the show.

Anyone here watch Hawaii Five-0? Not the old one but the new one, I'm really enjoying it, I know you can't beat the original but this series is really good.

Also any CSI fans here?

Making my way through season 3 of Dexter at the moment and really enjoying it. He's just proposed to Rita, whilst Miguel has realised he can't tell Ramon about Freebo's death.

I'm itching to get into a couple of US comedy shows. Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm - I've only seen a handful of episodes from the latter. Does anyone know if Seinfeld is aired on any UK channels?

Dunno about Seinfeld, but check out Fraiser, Psych and Sunny for sure. It's Sunny has to be one of the best original comedies on cable television.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Frasier, watched it since being a kid. My dad used to watch it so I did too. Never heard of Psych, but I may have to check it out. Is Always Sunny on UK television now? I wasn't aware it used to be, at least. Nonetheless, I'm set on watching it somehow.

Psych is worth a catch, man. Tons of humor aimed at folks in their 20s, 30s about childhood, with random stuff along the way here and there. Good cameos as well.

LucianoLuchessi

Anyone been watching the shows Blue Bloods and/or Boardwalk Empire? Blue Bloods is about a family of NYPD cops, one of the members of the family working for the D.A. They all have different roles within the NYPD (ranks). Boardwalk Empire goes into the "roaring 20's" era and is set about the Prohibition law. It goes into the underground life of illegal manufacturers of the liquor. (Al Capone's only a "pawn").

Making my way through season 3 of Dexter at the moment and really enjoying it. He's just proposed to Rita, whilst Miguel has realised he can't tell Ramon about Freebo's death.

I'm itching to get into a couple of US comedy shows. Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm - I've only seen a handful of episodes from the latter. Does anyone know if Seinfeld is aired on any UK channels?

CYE is fantastic. It returns this July, I think. I'd only seen season 1 and a few episodes here and there before jumping in to the last season, and it didn't feel odd at all. AD and Always Sunny seem popular too, but I haven't seen either so I'll reserve judgment on those. But CYE is great and I can heartily recommend it.

As far as Dexter goes, you should stop watching after the first episode of season 5. Seriously.

Apparently Lt. Castillo (also know as Edward James Olmos) is starring in season 6, but not as a big bad. Could be interesting, I guess.

WF the Hobgoblin

I'm almost finished Dexter season 4. Two more episodes to go.

The only episode of Psych I've seen was the one that was a tribute to Twin Peaks which was pretty awesome.

Psych and It's Always Sunny In Philadaphia (God it hurts typing the title) are my favourite comedies of all time! Both are really good shows!

Any fans of the FX show Terriers? Just began watching it last week. I always love shows about rags doing justice like My Name Is Earl or Sons of Anarchy. The chemistry between Hank and Britt is great and it's like a buddy cop show. Enjoyed the hell outta the pilot.

God yes. Best new show of the season (sorry Boardwalk Empire) and they ax it because people are idiots. I love that show to death. It hurts every time the theme starts playing on my iPod.

Psych is worth a catch, man. Tons of humor aimed at folks in their 20s, 30s about childhood, with random stuff along the way here and there. Good cameos as well.

Cameos are great. Remember George Takei? Awesome episode.

they ax it because people are idiots. I love that show to death. It hurts every time the theme starts playing on my iPod.

Wait, what?!? NOOOOOOOO!

Why did you tell me! I have not even gotten through the second episode! Argh sh*t now I'll be watching the show with sadness just like I did with The Good Guys.

Second episode of Terriers is premiering tonight for me, sh*t why the f*ck would they cancelled it?!?

they ax it because people are idiots

I iz sorry Gronf.

Hey, at least you gave it a chance.

sh*t why the f*ck would they cancelled it?!?

Because nobody watched it. tounge.gif Apparently the title played a pretty huge deal in the whole deal. Apparently people thought it was a show about dog breeding.

July's gonna be a pretty good month for TV premieres. Got this to look forward to too:

user posted image

sh*t. My DVR is going to explode in the next month. So weird that suddenly there is new TV during the summer.

they ax it because people are idiots

I iz sorry Gronf.

Hey, at least you gave it a chance.

sh*t why the f*ck would they cancelled it?!?

Because nobody watched it. tounge.gif Apparently the title played a pretty huge deal in the whole deal. Apparently people thought it was a show about dog breeding.

Damn. I wondered why the actually titled it Terriers in the first place. The only dog I see is Winston. But loving the show so far and currently at Episode 3. Hank is really proving to be a guy just desperate for money. And I'm liking Katie as a character! Letting her boyfriend to all that crazy sh*t, nice!

user posted image

f*cking BRING IT.

I've crammed the first three seasons into this last couple weeks and I've gotta say, I'm f*cking pumped for this one, now.

f*cking BRING IT.

Edited by Unoriginal44

You know I shall, my brotha. On a semi-related note, I'm watching the last half season of Mad Men, both to get another whiff of Draper's f*cking awesome persona, and to finish that series off until the new season (which is unfortunately a long ways away). Anyway, in light of that here is a scene of myself courting a wonderful lady, 60s-style.

user posted image

Edited by Unoriginal44

You look like Buddy Holly.

So they showed a Breaking Bad promo tonight during the season finale of The Killing, which totally cliffhangered me and ensured my viewing of season two, and it was awesome. The tag line? "Walt isn't in danger. He is the danger." I love that.

Haha, I f*cking love that! Walt has slowly been letting his other half sort of take control since the beginning of season 3. You could tell he felt like a pimp after telling Jesse to kill Gale and then straightening his jacket and saying 'You're going to need me'. Honestly can't wait to see where it goes from there.

The Killing is done now, eh? I think I'll give that a watch next, then. I'm just going through the catalogue of AMC shows for now. Definitely my favourite television channel as of late. icon14.gif

Here are a few promotional stills from the fourth season. They contain incredibly small spoilers, which you'd see coming if you aren't 'special'. It's really logical stuff here (other than Jesse cutting his hair, that was unexpected):

http://i.imgur.com/ekM3q.jpg (<-- Jesse with his hair cut)

http://i.imgur.com/4pIqe.jpg (<-- May be a spoiler if you're really that touchy)

http://i.imgur.com/KNICF.jpg (<-- See above)

@mrpain: That's not at all the impression I got of Hank, but then again I've seen the whole show. Can't wait to hear your final verdict once you're done with the show.

As much as I wanted it to go the other way - I mean how awesome wouldn't that have been? - it's really the more Walt of the two choices. Besides, gotta have something for Skyler to do other than being a morally dubious nuisance for Walt.

I'm pro-Skylar bud, and am giddy at the idea that she'll break bad (beyond f*cking Ted), get mixed up in Walt's business and the two will reconnect through this life of crime. Henry and Karen Hill.

Now for a real spoiler, even for the initiated. Cranston let it spill that a main character dies in the premiere of the new season. I hope it's a lie, or that it turns out to be something I can live with.

Yeah, I've never gotten the Skyler hate either, but I just can't grasp how she's OK with embezzling, but creating meth and selling to people who are going to get it one way or another made her freak out. Might as well be Walt who capitalizes on it with his pure, 'safe' stuff. I'm glad she's turning around, because it'll put her back on moral high ground and opens up some interesting things. Walt's always portrayed himself as the victim whereas, IIRC, Skyler went "OK, he makes good money and will screw up so I might as well cash in on it" and wanted 'Flynn' to have a father. I've never had a problem with her other than IFT and the above mentioned stuff.

Btw it's totally Hank who goes. Either that or some central character like Gus or Mike. Can't see it being Marie, Sky, Jesse or Walt. Anyway, that totally amped me up for the premiere even more. sh*t is going to rule.