2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

TV series general chat

Only thing I didn't like was the feeling that some of the actors were sorta over-doing their part. As Don said though, I'm definitely tuning in for the pilot.

So I've been watching Oz for the past week and a half, and I'm on season 3 right now. The show f*cking rules, and I don't know how I've not heard much about it before watching it. Anyway it's got a large amount of familiar actors, especially one J.K. Simmons playing the leader of the Aryan Brotherhood.

vertical limit

Entourage is a f*cking good TV Show I am up to season 3.

Edited by vertical limit

I just watched the first four episodes of Game of Thrones. I dig it. It's got the Tolkien-esqe fantasy world, with the addition of some good doggy style sex scenes, and of course Sean Bean and Mark Addy are a couple of my favorite underrated actors. Sean Bean pretty much was made to play Boromir Lord Stark, and Addy has it in him to be a good actor, he just has a knack for being in sh*t roles, but I think he finally found one that really fits, A.K.A. a role where he actually speaks with his native accent.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this series plays out.

I like a good ol' story just like anyone else, but I especially like ones that are true. And that's what I love about National Geographic's series Locked Up Abroad.

It'd been a while seen I watched some episodes online, and I thought I had seen all the good ones, but man, I just caught the one where Jake goes down to Mexico to enjoy life, then ends up in jail wearing a dress after two cops are shot point blank at beach. And I couldn't have ever guess how it ended, either. f*ckin' love that show.

Only thing I didn't like was the feeling that some of the actors were sorta over-doing their part. As Don said though, I'm definitely tuning in for the pilot.

So I've been watching Oz for the past week and a half, and I'm on season 3 right now. The show f*cking rules, and I don't know how I've not heard much about it before watching it. Anyway it's got a large amount of familiar actors, especially one J.K. Simmons playing the leader of the Aryan Brotherhood.

I've been putting off watching Oz for almost a year. I was going to do watch it once I finished Rome, but then I found I, Claudius (fantastic how it begins pretty much where Rome left off) and now I'm thinking I should watch Six Feet Under once I finish with 'Claudius' in the coming weeks. I don't know why I keep doing that. I guess it's because it's HBO's first original and I don't expect much. What little I have seen was fantastic, but then again I was around 12 when I saw it.

So, what I guess I'm wondering is which I should go with - homosexual Dexter or racist J.K. Simmons (honestly that sounds just fantastic). Any input?

Oh, and Game of Thrones. I hate fantasy, will I hate this? HBO has done some great work turning genres inside-out so it shouldn't disappoint, right?

Oh, and Game of Thrones. I hate fantasy, will I hate this? HBO has done some great work turning genres inside-out so it shouldn't disappoint, right?

It's not your typical fantasy world. So there are no mages and dragons and stuff like that. At least not yet. I don't know what to expect from the show at this point. So far so good. Lots of sex with pretty ladies too.

Is it just me or is Chuck getting really boring and kinda stupid? I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to cancel it after this season.

Sweet. Guess I'll check it out over the summer.

I still like Chuck. It's always been kinda stupid, and season 4 has been better than season 3 so far (I'm at episode 17 or so). At least they don't have Chuck-Fu to save the day every time.

There is magic in Game of Thrones, but it's been presumed gone for thousands of years, and anyone except kids thinks of wights, wizards, spells and such as myths. As the series goes on magic slowly creeps back into the world, but its always very limited, and very special when it does happen. You're not gonna see wizards with their canes fighting battles, like say, LotR. The only exception is the dragon. Dragons have been dead for only a few hundred years, and their skulls and petrified eggs are still around.

It's basically a medieval setting, but in a fictional world instead of our world.

Hey guys, just picked up the first season of The Sopranos.(bought it off as recommendation from a friend) Is it any good?

Very very good.

so fanboyz be all flippin out from the seen with renly and loras givin a gay blowie but i was all like wow i cant believe i didnt see dat in tha book blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif i wonder y he chose 2 be so frank about it in da series but kept it very subtle in tha books is it because he want 2 make renly a more prominent charcter in this season to better lead into next season????

can wait till next week was pissed as sh*t when sh*t we nt down with ned and was surprised that it was ilyrio in tha cave with arya but i guess i shoulda figgered that out 2 dozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gif

Loving Sons Of Anarchy, so glad I bought It.

yeah its a great show tommy icon14.gif

apologies if the new topic I posted dedicated to "Game of Thrones" isnt warranted with this discussion going on... turn.gif

Began to watch The Good Guys. Damn, can't believe a funny show like that got cancelled. My favourite episodes were the first episode and that episode with the Mexican drug runners.

"I want him to die while he was happy." I laughed my ass off when he said that line.

Guess anything Jenny Wade stars will get cancelled huh?

Also, Episodes is also a good show. Can't believe I actually love it

why did The Good Guys got cancelled?

i always looked forward to it on fridays

Yeah, The Good Guys was actually a good show in my opinion. It got cancelled because Fox knows jack sh*t about marketing, scheduling, and they have zero patience. This is the same network that cancelled Family Guy (twice), Arrested Development, AND Undeclared. Not to mention that they let Seth MacFarlane do two show besides Family Guy that are exactly like Family Guy.

EDIT: Anyway, I watched the Chuck finale. I like it. They're mixing things up, and Morgan being the new intersect is genius.

Edited by darthYENIK

EDIT: Anyway, I watched the Chuck finale.  I like it.  They're mixing things up, and Morgan being the new intersect is genius.

That ought to mix things up for the next season. Some of the later episodes of season 4 were boring. Good thing they decided to innovate again.

I'm just happy, the f*cking wedding is over. That really drug down the overall story, in my opinion.

vertical limit

TV Shows I Enjoy Watching.

Entourage

How I met your mother

Sopranos

Chuck

Criminal minds

Family guy

Burn notice

Psych

Csi Miami

House

Monk

The mentalist

Myth-busters

The office

The simpsons

2 and a half men

Mad men

Californication

I bought the two first seasons of Baywatch. Propably gonna buy the third season sometime when i've watched the two seasons.

Baywatch is actually my favorite television program behind Miami Vice. Baywatch's reruns were shown again here on television last summer and it was from the third season to the start of the fourth. Billy Warlock as Eddie Kramer is my fav charater from the series. It would be cool to sometime visit those L.A. beaches.. well, someday i will smile.gif

Is it even worth noting that Smallville is finally finished. I think the finale was a couple of weeks ago. I haven't watched the last 5 seasons (or more), but it still didn't stop me from watching and judging the finale just for the f*ck of it. It was a piece of sh*t. I can't believe some people actually watched that crap for 10 years.

does anyone here watch:

Happy Days

The Wonder Years

The Regular Show

Dan Vs

Doggie Howser M.D.

Laverne & Sherley

My Name is Earl

and,Scrubs?

so I just finished watching all of the episodes of Misfits!!!! OMG what a good show! So awesome! It's like what Heroes shoulda been. Sure the time travel stuff gets rather annoying and towards the end there things are getting a little silly in terms of the rules, but it's so. f*cking. fun. plus lots of sex which is awesome lol!!!!

Misfits should be required watching for anyone who expresses any interest in British Television. It really is one of the best series we've had recently. I'll admit having Curtis able to rewind time every now and then is a little too convenient sometimes, but it does allow the show to play around a lot more with off the wall ideas than they could if the power wasn't included.

The next series should be interesting with Nathan somehow getting the boot, and the possibilities that the Christmas Special left open with regards to who can actually do what any more.

it sux that Nathan's not going to be in it anymore. He pretty much made the show. sad.gif i like the rest of them, but the dude who plays Curtis is a total over actor.

So, what I guess I'm wondering is which I should go with - homosexual Dexter or racist J.K. Simmons (honestly that sounds just fantastic). Any input?

I'd try the first season of Oz, and see if it's to your liking. The season really picks up once Kareem Said enters the jail. The perk of the show is the outrageous character ensemble, really. Aryans, Latinos, Italian Mafia, Africans, Muslims, etc. all jammed into an experimental jail-block.

But homosexual Dexter does sound intriguing.

EDIT: totally forgot to mention I finished the last half of The Walking Dead this week. I'm enthralled for season 2 this July. Also digging the return of Psych and Burn Notice later this year. Guilty pleasures, both of 'em.

Edited by Unoriginal44

Some TV Shows I watched recently:

• SUPERNATURAL (all of the seasons). Epic show.
  • Desperate Housewives (all of the seasons). Epic show.
  • Fringe (just the first season, there was so much non-understandable stuff for me, anyway, I think it is awesome. I like the discovering of hidden objects in the show and their meaning) biggrin.gif
  • No Ordinary Family (the first season and maybe the only one)
  • HEROES (all the seasons, too bad it is cancelled)
  • Gossip Girl (I started to watch it last week, so for now I'm at first season and is interesting)
  • Two and a half men (random episodes)
  • Malcolm (random episodes)