2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

TV series general chat

Don't think anyone's ever heard of that show. Sounds like one of those shows that would never have a culture impact on society well after half a century and then some, personally.

i hope your being sarcastic because that is one of the most famous sitcoms from the 70's.

Totally never heard of this show. What's it called again - Righteous Times? Sublime Night Cycles? Merry Suns? You see, even the name of this non-iconic show escapes me, probably from sheer lack of consistency.

Edited by Unoriginal44
Don't think anyone's ever heard of that show. Sounds like one of those shows that would never have a culture impact on society well after half a century and then some, personally.

i hope your being sarcastic because that is one of the most famous sitcoms from the 70's.

Totally never heard of this show. What's it called again - Righteous Times? Sublime Fortnights? Merry Suns? You see, even the name of this non-iconic show escapes me, probably from sheer lack of consistency.

Oh you.

Totally never heard of this show. What's it called again - Righteous Times? Sublime Night Cycles? Merry Suns? You see, even the name of this non-iconic show escapes me, probably from sheer lack of consistency.

i want to remind you

sarcasm isn't as funny as you think

Happy Days god damn!

a 70's sitcom set in the 50's

the name it self gives it a nostalgic sound

its obvious your being sarcastic you wouldn't ask me for the name again unless you too lazy to look at my quote

Totally never heard of this show. What's it called again - Righteous Times?

For some reason, I imagine tripmills starring in this.

i want to remind you

Happy Days god damn!

its obvious your being sarcastic you wouldn't ask me for the name again unless you too lazy to look at my quote

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about bro. Also, is that James Dean in your avatar?

Don: I thought the same thing, tbh :]

Edited by Unoriginal44

Probably a month or so ago I posted some Life and Times of Tim, maybe in the Cartoon Topic, though. It's a great comedy, it basically comes off as an animated version of Curb (it's always Tim's fault!).

Probably a month or so ago I posted some Life and Times of Tim, maybe in the Cartoon Topic, though. It's a great comedy, it basically comes off as an animated version of Curb (it's always Tim's fault!).

Yeah, except a lot of the time Larry brings it on himself because of his own beliefs and moral code. Tim's just an unlucky bastard.

i want to remind you

Happy Days god damn!

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about bro. Also, is that James Dean in your avatar?

Don: I thought the same thing, tbh :]

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

its for sure your being sarcastic that is Fonzie from happy days!(but himself inspired to James Dean)

People in the UK. Justified Season 2 starts next Wednesday. If you haven't seen it then I recommend it, a fun series and Timothy Olyphant is really great in the show.

Edit: Err, oh yeah, it's on Five USA at 10:00

Watched the first episode this morning. A very good set up for the rest of the series. Haven't been that impressed with an opening episode since The Walking Dead...but I hope this gets better and better unlike that show.

Began to watch The Good Guys. Damn, can't believe a funny show like that got cancelled. My favourite episodes were the first episode and that episode with the Mexican drug runners.

"I want him to die while he was happy." I laughed my ass off when he said that line.

Guess anything Jenny Wade stars will get cancelled huh?

Also, Episodes is also a good show. Can't believe I actually love it

I'm still struggling to get through the last season of the X-files. I watched nearly every episode of the series when it first aired, but when they got to season 8/9, I stopped pretty much.

I just watched the "Jump the Shark" episode. cryani.gif

Penultimate episode of this season of Fringe was pretty awesome. It's like X-Files except good, and like Lost except the mysteries are actually resolved.

I don't recommend getting into it without watching from the beginning, though. orly.gif

Penultimate episode of this season of Fringe was pretty awesome. It's like X-Files except good, and like Lost except the mysteries are actually resolved.

I don't recommend getting into it without watching from the beginning, though. orly.gif

I got to warn you. Although I've been ripping on the last two seasons of the show, I'm am a X-files fanboy. And I am not afraid to anal probe you. tounge.gif

But Yeah, Fringe is good. I actually got into it during last season. I really need to get the first couple seasons on Netflix.

In the first season, it is clear that they are trying to find their way. The mythology is unestablished, and each episode is very standalone. It's very 'monster of the week'.. you know, like that show I find weak (that you like) orly.gif

Thankfully, however, they soon hit their stride, and it just gets better and better. I don't know what it would be like when you've gotten into it in the current season though. :x

+1

I'm like darthYENIK and didn't really get into the show till this last season. I gotta admit it's pretty good. Though it gets a bit fantastical sometimes, it's much better than LOST, which I could never get into.

I think it's better than Lost, which I did get into. Like Jelly said, the questions and mysteries of Fringe are answered.

Well I bought Sons Of Anarchy Season 1 and 2 yesterday. Watched the first episode of Season one and it was good so I know I have bought a good series there (Plus I love the Biker themed sh*t)

Question: When Is Sons Of Anarchy Season Three coming to the UK? I heard that It will be shown on SKY1.

I finally f*cking did it. I got through the last season of the X-files. It took me about a month to watch the first eight, and then an additional month to watch the last one.

Fringe season finale. Epic.

The whole show has turned into something like a 'lessons learned' for J. J. Abrams. Mysteries are introduced, spun up sufficiently, and then resolved in a satisfying way. (almost as if they actually planned this stuff! rolleyes.gif)

Anyway, it seems season 4 is going to be very interesting to watch. icon14.gif

Going back a few years... Farscape.

I remember enjoying it... now I want to buy it. Anyone else remember it?

Rown rampage_ani.gif

I was so pissed when they cancelled it. Best sci-fi show ever. Star Trek fans can kiss my ass. Farscape wasn't even geeky, it was cool. I bought all 4 seasons last year on DVD

Chiana inlove.gif

user posted image

Hell on Wheels anyone? New western series set to debut on AMC alongside TWD. People are already claiming it'll make Deadwood look like a John Wayne movie, but I don't see how they can base that on one trailer. Anyway, the show is about a confederate soldier looking for revenge who then starts working on the Transcontinental railroad. It's definitely got my interest piqued. So far it's the only 2011-2012 show I'm interested in.

Here's the trailer. The quality is god awful but it's the best I could find:

That trailer really didn't do much for me. I expect excellence from AMC, and won't watch anything short of it.

But of course I'll watch the pilot of any new AMC series.