Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,694 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

jelly

TV series general chat

feckyerlife

TheExpanse.jpg

.......is fantastic! seriously. It's like Star Trek meets Blade Runner; and it has Thomas Jane in the lead! and Adam Jensen! it's an interesting world with a lot of intrigue and lots of social and political dynamics - the slums are vivid and well realized and so is the utopia of future Earth and a colony turned rival nation that is Mars. The characters are well written and developed [other than Amos, seriously f*ck that guy] lots of great attention to details and while it might be slightly uneven near the first half of the first season it's overall really, really well done and scratched my sci fi/cyberpunk itch.

Just started S2. Here's hoping it's better or just as good.

Its definitely the best scifi show out right now, it keeps on getting better

AlienTwo

.......is fantastic! seriously. It's like Star Trek meets Blade Runner; and it has Thomas Jane in the lead! and Adam Jensen! it's an interesting world with a lot of intrigue and lots of social and political dynamics - the slums are vivid and well realized and so is the utopia of future Earth and a colony turned rival nation that is Mars. The characters are well written and developed [other than Amos, seriously f*ck that guy] lots of great attention to details and while it might be slightly uneven near the first half of the first season it's overall really, really well done and scratched my sci fi/cyberpunk itch.

Just started S2. Here's hoping it's better or just as good.

It is. It's so amazing... the mid-season reveals and the way there are so many arcs, always completing, and the lack of cheap cliffhangers... this is my favorite new show by far. Looking around used bookstores for the novels as I desperately want to read them now.

Edited by AlienTwo

Leftist Bastard

Season 2, episode 5 is one of the best episodes of TV I have ever watched. That's all there is to say.

Every great show has that one defining episode, that one moments that makes you go ''wow, THIS IS LEGITIMATELY GOOD''. Game of Thrones had Ned Stark's death in Baelor, Mad Men had The Carousel and Peaky Blinders had the confrontation with Kimber, and this show just had it's shining moment. And it's not even mid way through the season.

I can't believe they just killed Miller. He was such an amazing character; for a neo noir stereotype plucked into space he had a lot of depth and layers.

Richard Power Colt

So anyone else watching the new Twin Peaks season? It's maybe my favorite thing right now. f*cks with your brain a lot more than the old show did and it's both really creepy and funny.

Leftist Bastard

Not a fan. Lynch is the type of person who if given too much leeway/freedom churns out self indulgent garbage.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

I'd like to see an oriental version of Game of Thrones, like inspired by the Persian, Arabic, Mesopotamian, Hindi/Indian, Chinese and Japanese cultures and mythology.

feckyerlife

I'd like to see an oriental version of Game of Thrones, like inspired by the Persian, Arabic, Mesopotamian, Hindi/Indian, Chinese and Japanese cultures and mythology.

it was called marco polo, but netflix cancelled it

GrudgefromSanAndreas

it was called marco polo, but netflix cancelled it

Not really that, rather like fictional monarchies based on Ancient Egyptian, Persian, Mesopotamian, Hindi, Chinese, Japanese fighting each other in fictional continent(s) based on North Africa and Asia

anthony

Just finished Boardwalk Empire season 2, like a lot that show.

darthYENIK

I'm in season 3 of my Breaking Bad rewatch. It's getting really good concerning it's connections with Better Call Saul. All the major players of BCS (minus Nacho, Chuck, and Kim) are all getting a lot of screen time, but mostly Saul. In the last couple episodes I've found myself saying, "What happened to you, Jimmy." He really feels like a different character, but the thing is, unlike any other spinoff, any other series, I trust Gilligan and Gould to make that switch between Jimmy and Saul to be believable. Just like how Walter White at the beginning of BB is a completely different character than he is at the end, and you believe the change. You believe the character development.

It's just a great show. Both of them. I'm going to have to do another BCS watch through after BB.

TheFranchise

Any fellow fans of "The Blacklist" here? Wanted to create a topic post but I decided to post here. Terrific show. Been binge watching for a week now. James Spader is phenomenal.

Edited by TheFranchise

feckyerlife

Any fellow fans of "The Blacklist" here? Wanted to create a topic post but I decided to post here. Terrific show. Been binge watching for a week now. James Spader is phenomenal.

it gets a little stale after the first season, but still good

TheFranchise

it gets a little stale after the first season, but still good

I'm particularly excited for Liz to meet her grandfather. We all know it's gonna happen eventually. Also, I don't believe Katarina Rastova is actually dead. Raymond is lying. I'm also excited to see how Red is gonna rebuild his criminal empire. He's of no use to the task force in his current state.

El Dildo

so Netflix is going to try this...

I would normally be on board and stuff because 420.

but it's being produced by the creators of Big Bang Theory and Two n a Half Men which are horrible shows, so I'm not feeling very optimistic.

Leftist Bastard

MV5BMTU1OTcwNjg2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTk0

For starters, when did Laura Prepon get this hot? seriously, that woman makes me feel things in this show.

And with that aside it's really, really good. All the characters are so well realized and the way the show handles prison stereotypes and social discourse around things like the criminal system and sexuality is pretty great. Really good at subverting your expectations.

darthYENIK

She's always done it for me. Since the first episode of That 70s Show.

Lucius M. Galloway

I'm just here to express my discomfort for the TV series Power, I'm catching up, currently on season 2, and the on demand trailers for the current season has kind of already spoiled a bit for me. Just gotta remember to skip through it before leaving the room to get some grub. Jeez.

feckyerlife

I'm just here to express my discomfort for the TV series Power, I'm catching up, currently on season 2, and the on demand trailers for the current season has kind of already spoiled a bit for me. Just gotta remember to skip through it before leaving the room to get some grub. Jeez.

it can't spoil too much but i know what you mean. should just try to fast foward or watch it on starz on xbl or psn, you dont get the trailers then,

Leftist Bastard

I'm watching New Amsterdam right now and yes I admit i'm just looking for more Nikolaj Coster Waldau but it's got some surprising cast over lap with OITNB. Got to season 3 on that, still really good.

KilnerLUFC

Not watched TV series' for a while now, but the advert for Tin Star got me intrigued, and I'm glad it did. Besides Rick & Morty and Breaking Bad, Tin Star is one of the only shows I've binged on non-stop from start to finish. The opening sequence instantly dragged me in with the incident that paves the way for the show, and while at times it seemed to 'slow down', it's still a fantastic show imo, and Tim Roth plays his character brilliantly.

Saggy

Kind of sad that Orville is a better Star Trek series than the actual new Star Trek series. But at least now I have two new shows to watch.

AlienTwo

The Orville is great, I love it.

Saying The Orville is Star Trek is like saying Coffee is Streets. It is not only factually incorrect, but it makes no sense.

darthYENIK

Kind of sad that Orville is a better Star Trek series than the actual new Star Trek series. But at least now I have two new shows to watch.

Disagree.

Not a fan of the Orville. Tried to watch the first episode. Was boring and unfunny.

Saggy

The Orville is great, I love it.

Saying The Orville is Star Trek is like saying Coffee is Streets. It is not only factually incorrect, but it makes no sense.

The Orville might as well be Star Trek: TNG with jokes. I mean, they're not good jokes, but seriously every bit of it is similar. All the production values, the writing, directing, even the background music. I say this as a good thing. If you took out the crappy jokes you'd pretty much have a new Star Trek.

I do agree that the humor is falling flat though, but the stories show promise, if not a little hamfisted in terms of the writing, but we're talking about a first season--a lot of people thought the first few seasons of basically every Star Trek was pretty rough too.

Seriously it was more like Rodenbury/Berman's Star Treks than JJ Abram's sh*t has got. And I know the new one wasn't done by Abrams, but it pretty much looks like it. More lens flare please!

Edited by Saggy

AlienTwo

Have you watched the new one? Or are the "lense flares" too much to handle?

AiraCobra

Don't know why but i've never been a fan of Sci-fi i think it might have to do with my dad parents forcing me to sit and watch Star Trek: The Next Generation i wasn't allowed to go play or anything and they wouldn't let me watch anything else so i guess Sci-fi keeps like a punishment

darthYENIK

Hulu just added pretty much every show from ABCs TGIF from the 90s.

Im watching the sh*t out of Perfect Strangers.

AlienTwo

Oh my. I love Balki!!!!

Saggy

Have you watched the new one? Or are the "lense flares" too much to handle?

"New" one as in the continuation after the pilot or the pilot?