2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

jelly

TV series general chat

darthYENIK

Man, I love Eastbound and Down...

user posted image

"ERES MIERDA A CABO!"

P.S. I just used google language tool to say that. It's supposed to be spanish for "You're f*cking out".

Edited by darthYENIK

Fnorg

Kenny f*ckin' Powers! I've been meaning to watch the last half of the first season for quite a while now, I'll probably get done with it next week. Is the second season even half as good as the first one?

darthYENIK

It's only two episodes in. The first episode of the season was okay. It had some funny stuff. The second episode was even better. Overall, it's on the right path to be as good as the first season. I still miss Kenny as a P.E. teacher, though.

Andyzoot

That GIF you posted ranks as one of my favourite moments from Eastbound and Down. Eastbound and Down just knows how to use music so well! I loved the first series and based on the first two episodes of Series 2 I'm going to love this one too.

Also watched the first episode of Fringe Series 3 yesterday. So glad to have this show back!

Mark

Any Brits tried PhoneShop on E4? Only one episode down so far. Not sure what to make of it. Alas I'm kinda willing it well considering it was filmed 100 yards from my work and it pretty much sums up my local town.

Andyzoot

Just found out some sh*tty news. Tom Bosley, most famous for playing Howard Cunningham in Happy Days and Father Dowling in The Father Dowling Mysteries has died.

Link to article

Don Garcia

In better news, the Mad Men season finale was Sunday, and I thought it was pretty sweet. Although I've realized talking about Mad Men here is like talking about a soap opera, which is what it really is deep down in the core. Don is such a whore.

Sad about Mr. Cunningham, but 83 years ain't bad a stay on this earth. Rest in peace.

Andyzoot

So there's a new Battlestar Galactica spinoff on the way. 'Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome' Follows Adama in the 10th year of the Cylon War. Sounds like a great idea on paper but I don't know what that means for Caprica which is set to come back in January. I hope it doesn't mean Caprica will be cancelled as I do like that show.

jelly

Caprica could have been good but right now I, amazingly enough, agree with the reviewers. It's all over the place.

Hopefully the new spinoff will be awesome. Galactica will be back, I don't see how it can't, but who knows. tounge.gif

Fnorg

CYE this season is apparently going to be set in New York and feature Ricky Gervais. While I am stoked for some more CYE goodness, I just can't stand Gervais.

That season finale last season would've made a great series finale too. Wonder how they're gonna top that one.

TenaciousD.

I'm still working my way through Battlestar, currently on Season 3. I've heard people say it loose it ways in the final season, should I be worried?

Andyzoot

If you were disappointed with Lost's ending then you may find yourself disappointed with Battlestar's ending... and by that, I don't mean that everyone is in purgatory [lots and lots of random text just to try and make the spoiler less spoiler-y because let's face it, if you saw a spoiler thing that obviously had only one word in it then it would be easy to guess that that word is purgtory...or Heaven...or something like that]

Edited by Pandazoot

jelly

I didn't mind the fourth season at all. Of course, I think it shouldn't have ended at all but the ending they picked is as good as any. It's a final ending, no ifs or buts about it, so no chance of a Serenity for BSG. sad.gif

My biggest gripe with BSG was the short period of standalone, 'story of the week' episodes. So out of character and annoying. I hate those kinds of shows, I'm glad they only did it for a few episodes.

darthYENIK

I liked BSG all the way to the end. Looking back I like it better than when I first saw the end. I'm gonna start watching it on Netflix, as soon as I get the original miniseries on DVD. Why they're not on the Netflix instant watch is beyond me.

JasonAW

I've been watching all my DVD seasons of The Simpsons. I'm now on season 10 and only have 3 more left, I might top it off with the movie.

Then I might possibly go onto Futurama, or have a break.

jelly

Caprica canceled

Well, now we know. tounge.gif Oh well, good riddance to be honest. I didn't expect they'd row themselves back to shore with this one anyway. Bring on Blood & Chrome.

Andyzoot
Caprica canceled

Well, now we know. tounge.gif Oh well, good riddance to be honest. I didn't expect they'd row themselves back to shore with this one anyway. Bring on Blood & Chrome.

lol. Oh well. Bring on Blood and Chrome, try not to have any terrorist groups, gay gangsters, women seeing their dead brothers or alcoholic cult leaders in this one...

epoxi

...try not to have... gay gangsters...in this one.

Nothing wrong with gay gangsters:

Omar.

user posted image

Case closed.

Andyzoot

The day has a silver lining. Eastbound and Down has been renewed for it's third and possibly final season. Good stuff smile.gif

Anybody been watching The Event? I've only watched the first episode and I'm not convinced but I'm going to watch at least two more episodes. Anyobdy who's seen all of them so far have any opinions?

Otter

...anyone else finding that Weeds has kind of lost its way this season?

Anyhow, what I'm really enjoying is the new season of Bored to Death. Ted Danson is f*cking amazing. A guilty pleasure I can't seem to get enough of is Merlin.

But as far as hour long dramas go - nothing's rocking my boat so far this fall. Even House is a little boring this season.

pyramid head

Caprica canceled

I won't miss caprica just not as good as BSG the one thing i did like about caprica was new cap city it's very like GTA. Hopefully Blood and Chrome will be better.

Anyone watching The Event it's an ok show so long as it doesn't turn out like lost and doesn't begin relying on too many jumps backwards in time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Event

I'm not sure if i'll watch season 2 of Spartacus Blood and Sand without Andy Whitfield Spartacus won't be the same i don't care who they go with as long as they don't go with that wentworth guy from prison break.

AnthMUFC-Champs

I am currently really into the series Ice Road Truckers, it's very intresting and quite funny at times. Only watched about five episodes of season three but i am thinking of buying the boxset as it is so good.

Cheat
The Event

Man, The Event looks awesome, gotta start checking it out at some point icon14.gif

Anybody ever watched Jericho?

I know it's a few years old but I just got recommended to watch it, it seems cool, just wonderin' if anybody else can give a short review?

pyramid head
The Event

Man, The Event looks awesome, gotta start checking it out at some point icon14.gif

it's a good show if at times confusing

the one thing i don't like about it is the frequent jumps back in time going as far back as 5 years before the events of the current episode i don't mind the jumps back in time that go back 12 months because they seem relevant to the story the 5 year jumps show stuff like how 2 of the main characters met or the main character having dinner with his girlfriends family i find these scenes to be pointless even if they are giving us more info about the main character one pointless scene (pointless to me anyway) showed how the main character met his girlfriend i didn't need to know how they met to know that they met just move on with the story and ditch the 5 year flashbacks

Otter

I know it's a few years old but I just got recommended to watch it, it seems cool, just wonderin' if anybody else can give a short review?

I thought Jericho was great. Unfortunately it was canceled a little too early, but they do manage to wrap up the story to some degree. I never thought I'd like Skeet Ulrich, but I damned near fell in love with him after that series.

AnthMUFC-Champs

I thought Jericho was great. Unfortunately it was canceled a little too early, but they do manage to wrap up the story to some degree. I never thought I'd like Skeet Ulrich, but I damned near fell in love with him after that series.

I can honestly say i have never watched it but i have good things about the show, shame it got canceled so early as that tends to happen to some good unfortunate shows.

Also just wondering if i am the only person around here who actually watches Ice Road Truckers?

Tyler

I'm so excited about the Burn Notice marathon today. Let's me catch up on season three, and get sixteen hours of great cable narration. New Episode comes out tonight as well, which should pretty much explain itself.

makeshyft
I'm so excited about the Burn Notice marathon today. Let's me catch up on season three, and get sixteen hours of great cable narration. New Episode comes out tonight as well, which should pretty much explain itself.

I quite liked the new ep. I mean, it's always going to be a show that flaunts style over substance, but sometimes you just want to see sh*t blow up.

Sauron

I've been watching Season 5 of Friday Night Lights, it's been p great so far. It's good to see that Coach hasn't changed his winning formula of winning in the last 30 seconds of every match.

Tyler
I quite liked the new ep. I mean, it's always going to be a show that flaunts style over substance, but sometimes you just want to see sh*t blow up.

It was pretty good. One thing I really found unsettling though was the fact that there were still five bombs active at the end of the episode, and the preview didn't say anything about finding those bombs at all. I'm still p excited that Burn Notice is back, it's right next to Walking Dead as far as cable entertainment goes.

It's good to see that Coach hasn't changed his winning formula of winning in the last 30 seconds of every match.

That was extremely hilarious man, I can't describe how amazing that joke was man.