3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

DYOM Mission Reviews

AznKei

PyThOn #TakeItEasy

I am so sorry to say that I can't review missions for while, because I got a weird problem "bluescreen" (PC automaticly SHUTDOWN) so I whenever plays any mission my PC off!

I mean that my progress are deleted. (Anyone know how to fix it, please tell me)?

1800 replies too! ;)

Edited by KC10a

I am so sorry to say that I can't review missions for while, because I got a weird problem "bluescreen" (PC automaticly SHUTDOWN) so I whenever plays any mission my PC off!

I mean that my progress are deleted. (Anyone know how to fix it, please tell me)?

1800 replies too! ;)

I encountered this problem before (in Windows 7). Go to Computer, System Properties, Advanced System Settings, go to advanced tab and look for Start up and Restoration and click settings. Startup and Restoration window should be opened, go to System Failure and disable automatic restart.

• Like 1

PyThOn #TakeItEasy

Ok, so here is my review of “San Andreas Warfare 2” made by “Ronnie22-94”

ACT 1

Intro

Writing: - Nice – Nice sentences, understandable story and without any mistakes.

Presentation: - Very Good – Very Good cutscene angles

Variety: - Good – Dozens of actors, some objects like boxes etc. are also good

Difficulty: - Hard – Hard mission, I also died 1st time, but next time I passed.

Length:- Very Good – I Completed it in 8-9 minutes.

OVERALL RATING – 65%

I will add more review(mission) soon!

Edited by KC10a

PresidentShark

Please anyone can made the review of this MP - Who Wins - Crime or Truth - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/41053 His name will be in my topic's credits!

Okay first off, you registred in 2015 and may be a new designer and this may be one of your first MP's so I wont go into too much detail and I wont be too harsh on you. But I will give you some tips & feedback for the future.

So.. I dont really know where to start.. I guess I'll start with the plot.

The plot wasnt.. Really "well thought".. It seems a bit lazy in my opinion.. I didnt understand most of the dialouges beacause there were so much misspelling and you didnt put any prefixes like "Josh: Hi martha" So it was really REALLY hard to get to know everyone's name and when someone talks, if you're going to make a MP with 90% cutscenes I would highly recommend you to not be lazy about it. The plot was also.. Really boring, I didnt really follow it at all. It was OK.

And I dont really understand some of the logic in this MP, the police officers see a guy close to a dead body (and the guy actually tried to help the dead body I guess?). Police officers dont just go "HEY YOU KILLED THAT MAN, YOU'LL GO IN PRISON FOR LIFE BOY". There needs to be an investigation about it all.

On the 3rd mission I saw something no person ever should see. You litteraly spawned 1000 police officers infront of my face without even preparing me with armor or anything and I just died. I couldnt even shoot I just died in 2 seconds or so. And this is not acceptable in my opinion. At this point I stopped playing your MP beacause I dont want to waste 30 minutes of my life trying to get past all those police officers.

Compared to other MP's I give this MP a 3/10 and now I'll follow the formula like everyone else does, beacause this review has been very hard to write and very bumpy in my opinion.

Writing:

Bad, It was bad, I didnt understand most of the sentences in the MP and there were just so much misspelling.

Cutscenes:

The cutscenes were hard to follow beacause you didnt include any name prefixes or colors at all and they were a bit bumpy and fast. You should use name prefixes in the future.

Difficulty:

There is none. The first 4 missions was just "Go to LSPD" "Go home" "Go to LSPD" "Go home"

Lenght:

Way too short, each mission was around 30 seconds of gameplay and 2 minutes of cutscenes.

Overall it was a OK MP, I didnt enjoy playing it but it was OK, It's not the worst out there. And I understand if you're a new designer and all but I hope you take my feedback in the right way and actually improve on everything I've pointed out here. I would love to see more reviews about this MP also so you can get more feedback and improve for the future.

PyThOn #TakeItEasy

Please anyone can made the review of this MP - Who Wins - Crime or Truth - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/41053 His name will be in my topic's credits!

Okay first off, you registred in 2015 and may be a new designer and this may be one of your first MP's so I wont go into too much detail and I wont be too harsh on you. But I will give you some tips & feedback for the future.

So.. I dont really know where to start.. I guess I'll start with the plot.

The plot wasnt.. Really "well thought".. It seems a bit lazy in my opinion.. I didnt understand most of the dialouges beacause there were so much misspelling and you didnt put any prefixes like "Josh: Hi martha" So it was really REALLY hard to get to know everyone's name and when someone talks, if you're going to make a MP with 90% cutscenes I would highly recommend you to not be lazy about it. The plot was also.. Really boring, I didnt really follow it at all. It was OK.

And I dont really understand some of the logic in this MP, the police officers see a guy close to a dead body (and the guy actually tried to help the dead body I guess?). Police officers dont just go "HEY YOU KILLED THAT MAN, YOU'LL GO IN PRISON FOR LIFE BOY". There needs to be an investigation about it all.

On the 3rd mission I saw something no person ever should see. You litteraly spawned 1000 police officers infront of my face without even preparing me with armor or anything and I just died. I couldnt even shoot I just died in 2 seconds or so. And this is not acceptable in my opinion. At this point I stopped playing your MP beacause I dont want to waste 30 minutes of my life trying to get past all those police officers.

Compared to other MP's I give this MP a 3/10 and now I'll follow the formula like everyone else does, beacause this review has been very hard to write and very bumpy in my opinion.

Writing:

Bad, It was bad, I didnt understand most of the sentences in the MP and there were just so much misspelling.

Cutscenes:

The cutscenes were hard to follow beacause you didnt include any name prefixes or colors at all and they were a bit bumpy and fast. You should use name prefixes in the future.

Difficulty:

There is none. The first 4 missions was just "Go to LSPD" "Go home" "Go to LSPD" "Go home"

Lenght:

Way too short, each mission was around 30 seconds of gameplay and 2 minutes of cutscenes.

Overall it was a OK MP, I didnt enjoy playing it but it was OK, It's not the worst out there. And I understand if you're a new designer and all but I hope you take my feedback in the right way and actually improve on everything I've pointed out here. I would love to see more reviews about this MP also so you can get more feedback and improve for the future.

Ok, I know that I create bad missions, ITs OK! BTW, thanks for review!

• 2 months later...

Wow I cant believe this topic is dead. I might do a couple of reviews if you send me a PM. Cheers, lads.

• Like 1

Wow I cant believe this topic is dead. I might do a couple of reviews if you send me a PM. Cheers, lads.

Feels like an eternity without you here...so you're back?

• Like 1

What do you mean exactly? You take requests?

What do you mean exactly? You take requests?Yes I take request, that was how things were done back in the days. Nobody does that anymore?

Feels like an eternity without you here...so you're back?Sort of, I guess you can call it semi-back

Hello everyone. After a long time, I am back bringing a new review. Today I am reviewing GTA Gangster Life made by DBZOVERLORD700

Without further ado, let us begin.

-Writing: Very good. There are some typos here and there, but they don't ruin the whole dialogue. English is good, but some sentences sound kinda weird.

-Presentation: Decent. The camera angles aren't really the best, and the story is quite common. There are also many unrealistic moments as well as plot holes, but I guess that's unavoidable for a common story.

Introduction

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for around 6-7 minutes, which is quite good for an intro. The plot isn't really well connected, but I guess there still is more to come.

-Difficulty: Medium. The enemies are plenty and they are armed with dangerous weapons. Despite there are plenty of health and armour pickups, the player still needs to be careful when it comes to corners and hidden spots.

-Variety: Decent. There are plenty of weapons used in this mission, but the author still need to improve the use of objects and skins, aswell as vehicles.

Coke down

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for 10 minutes (or more). The plot is quite linear, go here, kill these, destroy this, run from that, go home.

-Difficulty: Very hard. The enemies are plenty, many of them are headshot off, some have insanely high health, and all are armed with dangerous weapons. But that's not all, their accuracy are all (if I'm correct) 100%, and with the lack of cover, it's extremely hard to clear it on first try (I gave up on third try and resorted to cheat). Not to mention the allies are completely useless, contributing little to none.

-Variety: Decent. There are plenty of weapons, different use of skins and many kinds of vehicle. But what's still lacking here is the use of objects. There are no visible objects in sight, and like I said, the lack of cover really make the gunfight less enjoyable and rather bland.

Attack On Sweet

-Length: Decent. The mission lasts for 3-4 minutes, 5 tops. Again, nothing worth noticing in the plot, just a mission where you kill some guys.

-Difficulty: Easy. Despite the enemies have perfect accuracy, the player is armed with a medium range weapon, and it's possible to pick each of them off from distance.

-Variety: Decent. Just a few cars, skins and weapons. Again, no objects, a big turn-off.

For Kendl's safety

-Length: Good. The mission lasts around 6-7 minutes. The plot of this mission is simple, but the setting and location of this mission is pretty unrealistic.

-Difficulty: Hard. Enemies popping out of nowhere and armed with dangerous weapons will surely give the player a hard time. Despite having many armor pickups, there is little time to maneuver before the player is gunned down. Having some objects as covers around will increase the enjoyment of this mission.

-Variety: Decent: Same as always, many weapons, skins, vehicles, but no object.

Joseph

-Length: Decent. The mission lasts for 3 minutes tops. It's an introduction of a new character, so I'd say it contributes much to the plot.

-Difficulty: Very easy. Grab some popcorn.

-Variety: Not worth mentioning, it's just a short intro of a new character.

The Plane Attack

-Length: Good. The mission lasts for 6-7 minutes. Again, the location is quite weird, and the plot is quite linear. Though the mission is somewhat a remake of one of the original GTA mission.

-Difficulty: Medium. Enemies are dangerous enough to keep the player entertained, but not quite too hard to make the player frustrate.

-Variety: Good. There are more objects than the previous missions, but not quite enough yet. The weapons, vehicles and skins are fine.

Defend The Grove

-Length: Very good. The mission can last for around 10 minutes. No worth noticing plot twist whatsoever, just regular "defend this place" mission, just as the title suggests.

-Difficulty: Hard. There are plenty of enemies and less to no allies. They are all armed with dangerous weapons as well as high accuracy. The balanced is well done. Not too hard, but not too easy.

-Variety: Decent. There are plenty of cars, weapons and skins, but no object at all.

Gangsters 4 Life

-Length: Very good. The mission lasts for 10 minutes. Just the typical "boss battle"

-Difficulty: Hard. The enemies are armed with insanely dangerous weapons, and there is only one pickup each for health and armour. Though the difficulty is balanced.

-Variety: Decent. I expected some kinda breakthrough in the last mission, but there is none. Same old like all the previous missions.

Overall rating for MP: 5/10 (2/5 for story, 3/5 for gameplay)

The gameplay of this MP is boring and repeative. Only gunfight and nothing else. Even the gunfights themselves are pretty bland, without the use of objects.

The story of this MP is the same old "gangster" type. One bad guy shows up and it's up to the player to deal with him. The story has no plot twist or whatever that makes the player go "WOW".

The author has a lot of improve, in every aspect.

Edited by Revolver1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Super Shizuku

Yes we must. But the problem is, Revolver had too much requests to handle. It sucks to be honest that not even one person can bring back this topic to live just like Revolver and Kevin did. Instead, majority of people keeps ignoring this topic as it is never existed ever since GTA Online was created.

Yes we must. But the problem is, Revolver had too much requests to handle. It sucks to be honest that not even one person can bring back this topic to live just like Revolver and Kevin did. Instead, majority of people keeps ignoring this topic as it is never existed ever since GTA Online was created.

Hm.. I'll see what I can do.

Damn, this topic is dead and no afterlife after all... that's just sad. There aren't alot of reviewers. I know some guys that can review missions very good, but i don't think they really want to.

Guys calm down. This topic is anything but dead. I still post reviews once every two weeks, which means by the end of this week one review is coming.

P.S: Or maybe once a week?

Edited by Revolver1

It really sucks when you see bunch of guys talking about how the topic is ''dead'' yet it's still in use after all this time. Just because majority is lazy to contribute anything to the community and (in this case) insists for their MPs to be reviewed the same day they posted request otherwise they call the topic ''dead'' doesn't mean everyone else is like that. There are still people like Revolver & Kevin that are still trying to improve & keep alive reviewing MPs in this community.

For all these that are saying ''this topic is dead'': Quit talking bullsh*t and get to work on something except only making requests for other members to review your MPs. Instead, you review somebody else's MP and then ask for yours to be reviewed. If you all do that (review each other's MPs) there won't be any requests on waiting as well as there will be many reviewers to keep this topic 100% active like it was before.

Super Shizuku

The problem is, I don't like to judge people's MP by mission lengths, use of objects, pretty much the whole review format in this topic. For me it's kinda uncreative. I like my own style.

Besides, I did had played recent projects and I founded a mission of it prevented me to continue my progress so in the end I simply dropped it.

Edited by Light Syde Riandy
  • Like 2

General Scrotum

And then there are these oh-so-almighty-professional reviewers that create their own topic for their sh*tty so-called reviews instead of sticking to this one.

• Like 2

Super Shizuku

And I doubt my reviews are acceptable in this topic if I violates the format from this official topic.

I know what you mean. If your mission is unique yet lack the length, according to review, mission will be rated bad. Well it doesn't have to be like that. You can use the system that Aznkei wrote, yet you can still put your opinion on the MP that you are reviewing. Because review = opinion, simple as that. It isn't even recommended to be strict to the ''rules'' (even though there are basically no rules in the main topic not in reviewing in particular). See Revolver's review above, he always writes his opinion at the end of his reviews (below rating) while the whole review is made in form of Aznkei's system. For example: You are writing a review, all missions had length rated as ''decent'' and variety also ''good/decent'', everybody would expect the final rating to be something like 4/10, yet you will give it 9/10. Why? Because despite the lack length & variety, you still liked the MP and you found it enjoyable with additional pros. There is nothing that can prevent you from giving a higher rating, there isn't even any rule in the main topic that will tell you what rating you should give. It's all up to you. Plus, like i said, you can always write the additional feedback like Revolver does and mention some more pros from the game besides length, variety & difficulty (which are considered as primary standards for reviewing) and give another reason why the mission/MP deserves a better rating.

There's no such a thing as violating the format from official topic because you are the reviewer and your review is your opinion. The only difference between review & normal feedback/opinion is that review shows you everything in detail and describes the MP completely, while feedback can be written in two sentences.

• Like 2

Super Shizuku

Since I'm too lazy to give my opinions for every missions featured in the requested MP, instead prefer to give summaries - I think there should be a topic where everyone can give feedbacks with whatever format, anytime, any projects that are old or new. I wanna create one if everyone don't mind.

But what would be the point of that topic? I don't wanna sound retarded, but if you want to give a feedback to a mission/MP, you can simply post it in it's topic in whatever format/way you want. As for reviews, post at this topic and MP's topic if necessary. And nobody tells you what you have to play or give feedback to. It's your choice. You can give feedback to any mission/MP. It doesn't matter if it's old or new, same for reviewing. You can review any MP you want even if there isn't any request. Or if there are multiple requests, you can pick just one that you would like to play and write a review. If you are worried about bumping old threads just to give feedback/review/summaries, it's allowed. Bump is generally allowed if it's useful, such as a review/feedback is in DYOM section.

Edited by AnDReJ98

Since I'm too lazy to give my opinions for every missions featured in the requested MP, instead prefer to give summaries - I think there should be a topic where everyone can give feedbacks with whatever format, anytime, any projects that are old or new. I wanna create one if everyone don't mind.

I thought there is already a topic like that. It's the MP topic itself.

And as always, wise words from AnDReJ

Edited by Revolver1

By ,,it's dead" i mean the topic works very slow because of the bunch of requests.

Super Shizuku

The point? I don't have to search and bump numerous amounts of old projects only to become the first person to give feedbacks for desired project.

Most of the OPs of all those older topics now are no longer being a part of this community due to their retirement. Few of them even have been banned. I don't like to waste my precious times over topics that would still become dead after I bump it with contributions.

• Like 1

You should read my post again. There's absolutely no point in the thread that you are planning to make, it's only going to get locked by staff because of the reasons i wrote. I knew you were going to say ''i don't want to bump topic old threads and/or most of the OPs are no longer active'' even though i explained why you can do that. In case you think there is no point in posting in that topic because the OP is inactive and/or banned, then there isn't point in writing feedback at all, be it your thread or OP's thread.

• Like 1